1,056 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Although I am happy for those people who filled their AOS in August and their AOS will be approved faster at the new Centre, I think it's unfair that some of us who filed earlier will not. :(

Hopefully now the CSC will be able to approve the older cases now that the cases filed after 8/1/12 are going to NBC....fingers crossed :)

event.png

event.png

We did our second marriage based interview today. We did well and there was no inconsistency in our answers. We were given a stokes interview and it lasted about 4 hours. Exhausted now but would write up a detailed description of our interview later on. Thank you for everyone who supported us.

Application Filed: 14 May 2012

USCIS Received Date 15 May 2012

Checks Cashed On: 17 May 2012

Biometrics Notice 24 May 2012

Biometrics Date: 31 May 2012

RFE Received?: yes

RFE Received Date: 02 Jun 2012

Reason Joint sponsor documents Bc or Passport or Naturalization certificate

RFE Replied Date: 11 Jun 2012

Ead card production email: 27 Jul

ead card received 4th Aug

Interview appointment. 4th Sept ...had a horrible interview'

2nd interview notice 19th Sept

Stokes interview 11th Oct

Approved 25th Oct

We got to the interview around 8 am although the interview was scheduled for 8.30am. Promptly a petite girl around 25 called my name. My husband myself and lawyer approached her but she stopped us and said that she only need me and my lawyer oh and to walk with all the documents. I was neither surprised nor afraid. I understood this was going to be a stokes interview. The interview so many people dreaded. I smiled to my husband and followed the lady into her office.

You see my husband and myself welcomed a stokes interview. We knew this interview would definitely prove that we were indeed a true married couple.

I was sworn in and then she explained the process to me. Never once mentioning the name Stokes interview. I was ready and she started the questions

What is my name? Address? Date of birth? Husbands name, birth date. Do i have kids and what is their names and date of birth? Where was I born? Where was my husband born? What is my parents name and address? Tell her about my sisters and brothers. Do they live in the USA? Has my husband ever met any of my family? How about my in laws have I met them? When? Does my husband have siblings? What are their names and ages? These questions seem to form in succession. But the strange things was that they were already prepared like that.

How did you meet your husband? How long after did you move in together? Who lived with him at the time? Who invited who for a date first? Who does the cooking at our home? What school does my son attend? What grade? Whats his legal status? Who did he live with in Trinidad and Tobago? Where does his biological dad live?

She took a few moments to look over my paperwork and keeping the documents that were copied and placing them in a pile. She asked did i have these in the last interview and I answered yes! But the officer did not look at them.

Do you and your husband go on dates? When was the last date? Where did you go to? Did your son go with you? I see you have car insurance now, why didn't you have it before? I answered " I had just gotten my SSN number a few days before the last interview and the drivers license took some time to come in the mail. So my hubby did not have a chance to add me to his insurance.

Do you guys own your two cars? What type of cars are they? What color are they? Who bought the two cars? Who owns the home in which you live? Who helped you move into the house?

She stopped again and verified the documents. Tell me about your marriage? How many people were there? Did you have a reception after? What church do you attend? When was the last time you both attended church? Who married you? Why did you choose him to marry you? Did your husbands family attend the wedding?

Ok everything looks fine. I need to get two copies of these documents and I would walk you to the door. Do you have any questions you wish to ask me?

She walked me to the door and called my husband in. He was sworn in and asked the same questions. After about an hour she came out and called me, my son and my best friend who accompanied me to the interview for moral support in.She asked them how do they know me and she asked my son about his relationship with his step dad?

She explained that she had all that she needed and she would get in touch with us. My lawyer thought it all went professional and now were waiting for an answer.

Personally I felt 100% confident at the interview with our lawyer there. The officer was professional and never once was rude. I hope this can help others. I would let you guys know just as soon as I hear anything. Thank you for reading!

Approved 25th Oct

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi all!

We filled my AOS (from K1) in May and got transferred to CSC <_< ("to speed up the process") in July 23 and since then WAITINGGGGG :crying:

Anybody knows which month's cases they are reviewing at CSC???

Are the dates showed in the Processing Times section "Adjustment of Status" accurate? Is the date showed there related to AOS from k1? I'm little confused!

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aosstats.php

We got to the interview around 8 am although the interview was scheduled for 8.30am. Promptly a petite girl around 25 called my name. My husband myself and lawyer approached her but she stopped us and said that she only need me and my lawyer oh and to walk with all the documents. I was neither surprised nor afraid. I understood this was going to be a stokes interview. The interview so many people dreaded. I smiled to my husband and followed the lady into her office.

You see my husband and myself welcomed a stokes interview. We knew this interview would definitely prove that we were indeed a true married couple.

I was sworn in and then she explained the process to me. Never once mentioning the name Stokes interview. I was ready and she started the questions

What is my name? Address? Date of birth? Husbands name, birth date. Do i have kids and what is their names and date of birth? Where was I born? Where was my husband born? What is my parents name and address? Tell her about my sisters and brothers. Do they live in the USA? Has my husband ever met any of my family? How about my in laws have I met them? When? Does my husband have siblings? What are their names and ages? These questions seem to form in succession. But the strange things was that they were already prepared like that.

How did you meet your husband? How long after did you move in together? Who lived with him at the time? Who invited who for a date first? Who does the cooking at our home? What school does my son attend? What grade? Whats his legal status? Who did he live with in Trinidad and Tobago? Where does his biological dad live?

She took a few moments to look over my paperwork and keeping the documents that were copied and placing them in a pile. She asked did i have these in the last interview and I answered yes! But the officer did not look at them.

Do you and your husband go on dates? When was the last date? Where did you go to? Did your son go with you? I see you have car insurance now, why didn't you have it before? I answered " I had just gotten my SSN number a few days before the last interview and the drivers license took some time to come in the mail. So my hubby did not have a chance to add me to his insurance.

Do you guys own your two cars? What type of cars are they? What color are they? Who bought the two cars? Who owns the home in which you live? Who helped you move into the house?

She stopped again and verified the documents. Tell me about your marriage? How many people were there? Did you have a reception after? What church do you attend? When was the last time you both attended church? Who married you? Why did you choose him to marry you? Did your husbands family attend the wedding?

Ok everything looks fine. I need to get two copies of these documents and I would walk you to the door. Do you have any questions you wish to ask me?

She walked me to the door and called my husband in. He was sworn in and asked the same questions. After about an hour she came out and called me, my son and my best friend who accompanied me to the interview for moral support in.She asked them how do they know me and she asked my son about his relationship with his step dad?

She explained that she had all that she needed and she would get in touch with us. My lawyer thought it all went professional and now were waiting for an answer.

Personally I felt 100% confident at the interview with our lawyer there. The officer was professional and never once was rude. I hope this can help others. I would let you guys know just as soon as I hear anything. Thank you for reading!

I'm glad to hear that it went better this time around. All the best and keep us posted... :thumbs:

Hi all!

We filled my AOS (from K1) in May and got transferred to CSC <_< ("to speed up the process") in July 23 and since then WAITINGGGGG :crying:

Anybody knows which month's cases they are reviewing at CSC???

Are the dates showed in the Processing Times section "Adjustment of Status" accurate? Is the date showed there related to AOS from k1? I'm little confused!

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aosstats.php

Maybe you would want to post in the K-1 thread....

AOS from F-1(Married to USC
06.08.12 - AOS mailed
09.18.12 - Interview.....Approved!!

ROC- Divorce Waiver
05/09/14- I-751 packet mailed to CSC
05/12/14- NOA1 Receipt date
07/01/14- Biometrics Appt

08/11/14- RFE received

09/08/14- RFE response received by USCIS

09/22/14- 10yrs GC Approved!!

I'm glad to hear that it went better this time around. All the best and keep us posted... :thumbs:

I would keep everyone posted. Thanks for reading

Approved 25th Oct

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

omg.. why do u guys need second interview? did not prepare for the first one ???

good luck!!! i think u guys will get approved soon!!!

- 7/23/2008 came to US with F-1 visa
- 9/11/2012 I-485, I-130 and I-765 package sent to USCIS Chicago lockbox
- 9/12/2012 package delivered and signed by XXX
- 9/14/2012 received email with receipt numbers
- 9/17/2012 check cashed
- 9/30/2012 received hard copy of biometrics appointment on 10/19/2012, notice dated on 9/21/2012
- 10/12/2012 successfully walk-in one week earlier without asking reason at New York Long Island City office
- 11/5/2012 started to work in a new firm
- 11/11/2012 EAD approved!!! AWESOME!
- 11/19/2012 EAD card delivered, one day ahead of my birthday!
- 1/11/2013 received txt and email about interview time
- 2/14/2013 interview - Got APPROVED on the spot!!
- 2/27/2013 USCIS online update - 485 decision!! we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status :) Later, my 130 update too!!!
- 3/4/2013 Card Production!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- 11/24/2014 I-751 package sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center to remove conditions

- 11/25/2014 package was delivered and signed by XXX

- 11/26/2014 check cashed @16:49 before thanksgiving!

- 12/17/2014 bio letter received, scheduled on Dec 30, 2014 11:00 AM

- 12/19/2014 early bio done in Long Island City Office!

Good Luck!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Maybe you would want to post in the K-1 thread....

What do you mean? I posted in this thread because I'm a May filer too for AOS. Just wondering if anybody knows which months CSC is reviewing now. I'm not in the K1 process anymore, I went tru that already (Thanks God!) :wacko:

What do you mean? I posted in this thread because I'm a May filer too for AOS. Just wondering if anybody knows which months CSC is reviewing now. I'm not in the K1 process anymore, I went tru that already (Thanks God!) :wacko:

I understand. What I'm trying to say is, this thread is for people adjusting from student,visitor and work visa. You are adjusting from a family visa( spousal). There is a thread for that. I'm using my phone so cannot post the link right now. People over there would be able to answer your question. Sorry...:)

AOS from F-1(Married to USC
06.08.12 - AOS mailed
09.18.12 - Interview.....Approved!!

ROC- Divorce Waiver
05/09/14- I-751 packet mailed to CSC
05/12/14- NOA1 Receipt date
07/01/14- Biometrics Appt

08/11/14- RFE received

09/08/14- RFE response received by USCIS

09/22/14- 10yrs GC Approved!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good luck today, Isa30! You and I are 2 of the last ones to go through this.

2010-04-15: Married!

2010-05-07: Physical Done by Civil Surgeon

2012-05-10: I-130 & I-485 Sent to USCIS

2012-05-11 (Day 01): FedEx Delivery Notification Email Received

2012-05-25 (Day 14): Checks Cashed

2012-05-30 (Day 19): NOA Hard Copies Received

2012-06-04 (Day 25): Biometric Appointment Notice Received

2012-06-08 (Day 29): Biometric Appointment in Charleston, SC Completed Successfully

2012-06-18 (Day 39): RFE Notification Received via Text :(

2012-07-03 (Day 54): Requested Evidence Sent to National Benefits Center Via Registered Mail

2012-07-09 (Day 60): Update Text Received; Requested Evidence Received at National Benefits Center

2012-07-26 (Day 77): Update Text Received; I-131 & I-765 Approved! Card Production Ordered.

2012-08-01 (Day 83): Update Text Received; EAD Mailed

2012-08-03 (Day 85): EAD In Hand!

2012-09-19 (Day 132): Update Text Received; Interview Scheduled for October 22, 2012.

2012-10-22 (Day 165): Approved on the Spot!

2012-10-25 (Day 168): Update Text Received; Green Card Production Ordered

2012-10-29 (Day 172): Green Card In Hand!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Good luck today, Isa30! You and I are 2 of the last ones to go through this.

Thank you I was approved on the spot! best wishes to you

Here is my interview experience...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/395150-ewi-tps-advance-parole-entry-aos-interview-aproval-on-the-spot/page__p__5765024__fromsearch__1#entry5765024

00fg9n74.png

EWI, TPS, ADVANCE PAROLE, AOS

05/30-(day 0)- AOS sent

06/01-(day 1)- AOS received

06/04-(day 4)- AOS acceptance

06/06-(day 6)-Txt/Email, routed to NBC

06/09-(day 9)-I-797 NOA received (Saturday)

06/11-(day 11)-Called to fix typographical error(Missing middle name on I-130)

06/20-(day 20)- Email received (Saying error fixed)

07/13-(day 43)Email: reused most recent biometrics, awaiting Indie status

09/10-(day 103)Humanitarian Expedite Request

9/13-(day 106) Interview October 17TH (TOTAL 139 DAYS)

9/17-APPROVED ON THE SPOT AND STAMP ON PASSPORT WHICH EXPIRES IN ONE YR!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Awesome. Congrats!

2010-04-15: Married!

2010-05-07: Physical Done by Civil Surgeon

2012-05-10: I-130 & I-485 Sent to USCIS

2012-05-11 (Day 01): FedEx Delivery Notification Email Received

2012-05-25 (Day 14): Checks Cashed

2012-05-30 (Day 19): NOA Hard Copies Received

2012-06-04 (Day 25): Biometric Appointment Notice Received

2012-06-08 (Day 29): Biometric Appointment in Charleston, SC Completed Successfully

2012-06-18 (Day 39): RFE Notification Received via Text :(

2012-07-03 (Day 54): Requested Evidence Sent to National Benefits Center Via Registered Mail

2012-07-09 (Day 60): Update Text Received; Requested Evidence Received at National Benefits Center

2012-07-26 (Day 77): Update Text Received; I-131 & I-765 Approved! Card Production Ordered.

2012-08-01 (Day 83): Update Text Received; EAD Mailed

2012-08-03 (Day 85): EAD In Hand!

2012-09-19 (Day 132): Update Text Received; Interview Scheduled for October 22, 2012.

2012-10-22 (Day 165): Approved on the Spot!

2012-10-25 (Day 168): Update Text Received; Green Card Production Ordered

2012-10-29 (Day 172): Green Card In Hand!

Congratulations to Isa30

APPROVED

NataliaChicago----------(07/12) >>>>> Fgmail---------------------(07/17)

Widered-------------------(07/18) >>>>> Darusalam---------------(07/19)

Jiu---------------------------(07/19) >>>>> Old_Dog_Barking-------(07/23)

Julookings-----------------(07/31) >>>>> DandT14------------------(08/02)

Menting-------------------(08/06) >>>>> Wonderfulstart-----------(08/07)

Gabiru---------------------(08/08) >>>>> Cj0301---------------------(08/08)

Tob187--------------------(08/08) >>>>> Rakosik-------------------(08/09)

Lornaevo-----------------(08/15) >>>>> Jolofman------------------(08/15)

Jeserguevara------------(08/22) >>>>> Hmh33--------------------(08/29)

Angeltots----------------(08/30) >>>>> Sethless------------------(09/17)

Moonpie-----------------(09/17) >>>>> LindaC1990-------------(09/18)

Isa30----------------------(10/17)

PENDING APPROVAL

JayNarl--------------------(09/04and 10/11)

WAITING WITH INTERVIEWSCHEDULED

Waiting_In_SC----------(10/22)

WAITING WITH NO INTERVIEW DATE

Dee07 (Transferred to CSC)

NO UPDATE FROM MEMBER

Suavemuy and Made_In_Heaven

Day_01 05/05 AOS Package delivered (I-130,I-485,I-765).

Day_31 06/05 Biometrics done.

Day_46 06/20 Interview Notification

Day_79 07/23 Interview. Approved.

Day_86 07/30 Received GC and EAD

Still no interview notice in my case :-/ getting worried , didn't received any RFE either.

why you think you will get an interview? Your file was transferred to CSC already.

you basically just waiting for you green card now, not interview.

jF5Jm7.png

AOS from F1:
Day0 -- 2012.05.08 Sent packet through USPS
Day1 -- 2012.05.09 Packet delivered at 1:29pm
Day7 -- 2012.05.15 Emails/texts acceptance confirmation at 5:16pm
Day8 -- 2012.05.16 Checks been cashed in the morning
Day11--2012.05.19 I-797C 4 hard copies received.
Day14--2012.05.22 Biometrics Appointment received. Scheduled for June 5th.
Day15--2012.05.23 Biometrics Completed at 1:30pm (2 weeks earlier than the scheduled date)
Day27--2012.06.04 Card production ordered for EAD&AP
Day28--2012.06.05 Second card production ordered email received for EAD.(why?)
Day30--2012.06.07 EAD&AP Combo Card mailed
Day32--2012.06.09 EAD&AP Combo Card received
Day98--2012.08.14 Interview scheduled for Sep.18th @12:30pm(thank god I don't have school that day)
Day100-2012.08.16 Interview notice hard copy received
Day133-2012.09.18 Interview!! I-485 updated to Card Production around 3:30pm
Day134-2012.09.19 Online Update: I-130 approved; I-485 New permanent Resident Status Registered.
Day136-2012.09.21 Second Card production Email.
Day141-2012.09.26 GreenCard received. (Done for 2 years!)

ROC:

Day0 -- 2014.07.07 Sent package to CSC by USPS

Day1 -- 2014.07.08 Package delivered

Day3 -- 2014.07.10 Check has been cashed

Day4 -- 2014.07.11 I-797 Hard Copy Received

Day12--2014.07.19 Biometrics Appointment received. Scheduled for Aug 5th.

Day23--2014.07.30 Biometrics Completed @1pm (6 days early)

Day95--2014.10.10 Card Production

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.