vargavarga

Proof of relationship

20 posts in this topic

So we are spending 10 days together in june and will have plenty of proof of trip, however to be sure i was going to starting printing out our skype conversations every sunday for the week. First 4 weeks combined is well over 500 pages---what proof should be suffient--and please dont tell me 20000 printed pages of skype---thanks in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

500 pages is way too much, take a few and send them to USCIS and take some more to the interview

Keep your petition easy to approve and focus on primary evidence (proof of being together)

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

So we are spending 10 days together in june and will have plenty of proof of trip, however to be sure i was going to starting printing out our skype conversations every sunday for the week. First 4 weeks combined is well over 500 pages---what proof should be suffient--and please dont tell me 20000 printed pages of skype---thanks in advance!

Hi-- May I ask?? How do you "print out" the Skype stuff?? Can't figure that out. Mike

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I think 500 pages is way too much. You should have plenty of evidence but don't overdo it, because it may take them longer to process it. Also what country is the beneficiary from?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

You can print out Skype logs by using the 'screen shot' button on your computer. I selected a sampling and highlighted the ones where we talked for over an hour. Also on our IM conversations - again I printed out a sampling and included the ones where we had extended conversations about our relationship and what we would do together after we got married.

Best of luck.

Met on line: 7-4-2007

Sent petition to Vermont Service Center on 8-11-2010

NOA1 VSC 8-27-10

NOA2 VSC 2-7-11

Interview 5-12-11

Approved 5-12-11

POE: LA/6-15-2011

Married 8-26-2011

AOS: Submitted 10-7-2011

AOS Interview: 2-23-2012 Approved

Green Card Recvd: 2-28-2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Why don't you install oovoo. YOu can take screen shots of both of you with your names. Setting up oovoo, use both of your real names that appear on your birth certificates, not nick names. You can also get a nice call history with date, time and lengh of call. I open that up and put it on top of my oovoo screen which shows my name and then the call history box shows everything else and my fiancee's name. No as many pages with Skype which will be a majot pain. I take 4 screenshoots of us talking durin a month. Beginning, middle and end, Those screenshots with you call history will be a lot less than what you do with Skype and I feel is much better. To do the screenshot you press the "ctrl" + the "Prnt Scrn" keys together. I then put it in MS Paint and then crop i so I only get the oovoo screens and you can also see the date/time form my PC. Your choice though.

post-72293-0-15639800-1335701863_thumb.jpg

post-72293-0-55759300-1335701873_thumb.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Two,maybe three pages for each month ( to show a continuous relationship) is more than enough. You do not think they are really going to go and read all this do you? They process hundreds of visa applications every day, they do not have time for this and it will just slow things down for you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Why don't you install oovoo. YOu can take screen shots of both of you with your names. Setting up oovoo, use both of your real names that appear on your birth certificates, not nick names. You can also get a nice call history with date, time and lengh of call. I open that up and put it on top of my oovoo screen which shows my name and then the call history box shows everything else and my fiancee's name. No as many pages with Skype which will be a majot pain. I take 4 screenshoots of us talking durin a month. Beginning, middle and end, Those screenshots with you call history will be a lot less than what you do with Skype and I feel is much better. To do the screenshot you press the "ctrl" + the "Prnt Scrn" keys together. I then put it in MS Paint and then crop i so I only get the oovoo screens and you can also see the date/time form my PC. Your choice though.

Hey, Rickjovi,

I just read your message about oovoo, I installed it on my PC and it's really cool. It's better than skype i think. Thanks for sharing.

AOS JOURNEY

19-04-2013...................AOS package sent.

24-04-2013................... NOA1 received by text and email.

29-04-2013................... NOA1 received by post for AOS and EAD

03-05-2013...................Received biometric appointment notice.

13-05-2013...................Received RFE for AOS by text

20-05-2013................... Biometric done

09-06-2013.................... Sent RFE response

12-06-2013..................... Case updated to Response review

06-07-2013..................... EAD Approved

13-07-2013...................... EAD received in Mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey, Rickjovi,

I just read your message about oovoo, I installed it on my PC and it's really cool. It's better than skype i think. Thanks for sharing.

Your welcome. Much easier.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Africa has Internet. I know. I have been there twice.

First of all do you realize how big Africa is and NO! not all parts of AFrica have the internet. :bonk: Yes most major countires have the ability but not always the access is avalible to all. Not to mention electircty poping on and off every other hour. My fiancee has no wi-fi available anywhere with in a days travel in Enugu. He has to purchase bundles for his laptop which is costly. He leaves out early to travel to 3 computer places/to wait for some one to show up for us to Skype but I promise you or Skyping is interupted at least 3-5 times a sesion due to lights out, generator cut off or the owners deciding to close because he is the only paying costumer so why bother staying open.

So yeah , like the other post consider yourselves lucky.

Peace,

Chi

Filed: Timeline

Africa has Internet. I know. I have been there twice.

I can't speak for the whole of Africa, but of course Nigeria has internet. The relatively easy access is what my point was. To be able to use oovoo, Skype, etc requires almost continuos internet access and Nigeria is not there yet.

And I know because I just came back on the 7th or so B-)

Filed: Timeline

First of all do you realize how big Africa is and NO! not all parts of AFrica have the internet. :bonk: Yes most major countires have the ability but not always the access is avalible to all. Not to mention electircty poping on and off every other hour. My fiancee has no wi-fi available anywhere with in a days travel in Enugu. He has to purchase bundles for his laptop which is costly. He leaves out early to travel to 3 computer places/to wait for some one to show up for us to Skype but I promise you or Skyping is interupted at least 3-5 times a sesion due to lights out, generator cut off or the owners deciding to close because he is the only paying costumer so why bother staying open.

So yeah , like the other post consider yourselves lucky.

Peace,

Chi

At most Cybercafes in Nigeria (mostly Ibadan and Lagos), it's takes about 10 minutes for me just to see the logon screen to FaceBook - sllloooooowwwwww. The only reliable place to use internet access for me was at Premier Hotel in Ibadan, it's wireless and free.

PS: By the way Chi is not exaggerating, there hasn't been a flicker of electricity in my home since the 7th, my Mum refuses to turn on the generator.

Edited by Iyawo Ijebu

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.