rade2rising

how do I become moderator?

119 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

ok guys lets not get off track here

lets focus on the issue at hand - of making me mod ASAP

I am not hearing bak from the admin darnell. what to do now?

Wait three years, captain might respond to you then.

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

So what you are saying is that the Mod should jump over new posters if any tenured poster has an issue with them?

Okay, now I understand why I was thread banned for using icons that were provided by VJ itself.

So you are ok with Mod jumping on the tenured poster in situation where someone just created an account and then starting to talk against the tenured poster?

Tenured poster have proven themselves over time, that their intentions are – if they are trouble maker or not you don’t know same for someone who just created an account few hours back.

What my stand is as a Mod (s)he should had informed the newbie that whatever the tenured poster has posted was right and he should not be talking #######.

I was not the tenured poster in the forum, but I did not like the idea where tenured poster was warned by Krikit instead of warning a newbie of his / her behavior.

Timeline

its great moderating. nobody knows w/o checking the IP, if its a troll account or not. you have to do the checks in the backround while letting the discussion take its course. if you start banning new accounts w/o doing the check, you might be banning an actual new member or a member using an alias out of privacy concerns.

So you think warning the tenured poster is a good moderating when a newbie is not behaving?

I am sure you will make another great moderator too… :whistle:

3 years?? hmmm what about an expedite? is it available?

R u military or do u have any humanitarian cause?

Filed: Timeline

So you think warning the tenured poster is a good moderating when a newbie is not behaving?

I am sure you will make another great moderator too… :whistle:

i don't know the details of the thread in question, so i can't comment on that specific issue. but, warning them first seems a lot better than just thread banning or suspending the account w/o a warning. oh no, i'm not mod material. i don't like people in general. i don't think i'd take people whinning & calling me unfair every other day very well....not w/o giving them something to whine about. :devil:

7yqZWFL.jpg

Timeline

ok guys lets not get off track here

lets focus on the issue at hand - of making me mod ASAP

I am not hearing bak from the admin darnell. what to do now?

Quite frankly, nobody cares. Live with it.

IR5

So you are ok with Mod jumping on the tenured poster in situation where someone just created an account and then starting to talk against the tenured poster?

Tenured poster have proven themselves over time, that their intentions are – if they are trouble maker or not you don’t know same for someone who just created an account few hours back.

What my stand is as a Mod (s)he should had informed the newbie that whatever the tenured poster has posted was right and he should not be talking #######.

I was not the tenured poster in the forum, but I did not like the idea where tenured poster was warned by Krikit instead of warning a newbie of his / her behavior.

I could care a farting shiling what mods do or don't, it's hilarious anyways so far on here.

But you Guys go ahead and get giddy titillating yourself about modhood.

PS: All new posters should have their posting fingers cut off, just to be safe that they won;t sully the pristine landscape for tenured posters.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

What I have come to realize here is that there is alot of hatred and jealousy about the MOD position.

I am sorry if I offended so many of you folks who are dying to be a MOD here but never say anything.

Just bcoz I inquire how to go about being mod doesn't make me a bad person.

If you want to become a mod then ridiculing others is not the way to go. Just speak up about your desire. No one will laugh at you.

Now everyone plz respect opinions of others.

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

What I have come to realize here is that there is alot of hatred and jealousy about the MOD position.

I am sorry if I offended so many of you folks who are dying to be a MOD here but never say anything.

Just bcoz I inquire how to go about being mod doesn't make me a bad person.

If you want to become a mod then ridiculing others is not the way to go. Just speak up about your desire. No one will laugh at you.

Now everyone plz respect opinions of others.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Timeline

What I have come to realize here is that there is alot of ... jealousy about the MOD position.

An interesting take on things, but that's your perception, made without any factual basis; you should be a mod.

IR5

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

there is no such thing.

Tenured poster have proven themselves over time,

wrong and wrong again. longevity on the site grants no special privileges or consideration.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

there is no such thing.

wrong and wrong again. longevity on the site grants no special privileges or consideration.

What are you talking?

I gave an exact scenario what happen and how your mod reacted.

I am not even talking about special privileges or consideration for tenured member.

What I said was – someone recently created a profile asked a question which was visa fraud, tenured member informed him its visa fraud.

Newbie reverted back saying how dare they tell him it was visa fraud and threaten to report tenured member to mod.

Now mod (krikit) jumps in warning tenured member, so I made a comment for mod saying pls take a look at topic and the posters logic.

Krikit uses the mod authority deleting the post and threatening to thread ban…. Similar incident has happen multiple times specially with krikit.

Is this how moderating is done? You can its someone’s personal forum so there is not really much of say I have in it they can do whtever they want.

It just happen to me and ironically someone posted this post so I bought it up.

Timeline

i don't know the details of the thread in question, so i can't comment on that specific issue. but, warning them first seems a lot better than just thread banning or suspending the account w/o a warning. oh no, i'm not mod material. i don't like people in general. i don't think i'd take people whinning & calling me unfair every other day very well....not w/o giving them something to whine about. :devil:

You responded to my previous post siding mod and hence I responded back to you.

If you were not part of thread there is no way for you to make a call if I was wrong, some other tenured member was wrong or mod was wrong, but your previous post you sided mod.

I have been on here for quite a while and I have similar occurrence with Krikit in past as well.