rade2rising

how do I become moderator?

119 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

What are you talking?

I gave an exact scenario what happen and how your mod reacted.

I am not even talking about special privileges or consideration for tenured member.

What I said was – someone recently created a profile asked a question which was visa fraud, tenured member informed him its visa fraud.

Newbie reverted back saying how dare they tell him it was visa fraud and threaten to report tenured member to mod.

Now mod (krikit) jumps in warning tenured member, so I made a comment for mod saying pls take a look at topic and the posters logic.

Krikit uses the mod authority deleting the post and threatening to thread ban…. Similar incident has happen multiple times specially with krikit.

Is this how moderating is done? You can its someone’s personal forum so there is not really much of say I have in it they can do whtever they want.

It just happen to me and ironically someone posted this post so I bought it up.

again with the word "tenured". what tenure are you talking about? you might refer to this before answering: http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/tenure

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

You responded to my previous post siding mod and hence I responded back to you.

If you were not part of thread there is no way for you to make a call if I was wrong, some other tenured member was wrong or mod was wrong, but your previous post you sided mod.

I have been on here for quite a while and I have similar occurrence with Krikit in past as well.

:lol: you're really upset about this. aren't you? i just pointed out that the mods have to attempt to do checks before thread banning/suspending a new account that may or may not be someone trolling. it would be a little heavy handed to just start banning people & check later. wouldn't you agree? now if a regular member is throwing a tantrum...'troll-troll you're wrong, i'm right, i've been here longer, troll-troll' well thats just being disruptive, and will likely cause a mod to ask them to relax & settle down. if that member refuses..what other option does the mod have other than put that poster on ice? they have to attempt to keep things civilized, and if a regular is refusing to help keep it civilized. the ban hammer swings.

7yqZWFL.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

there is no such thing.

wrong and wrong again. longevity on the site grants no special privileges or consideration.

Fiction can be fun but there is something called the warn meter or did you conveniently overlook that? :Looks like the hypocrisy of the mods has been exposed yet again. Oops, don't thread ban me , Bro!

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Fiction can be fun but there is something called the warn meter or did you conveniently overlook that? :Looks like the hypocrisy of the mods has been exposed yet again. Oops, don't thread ban me , Bro!

said warn meter isn't a special consideration or privilege, nor is it "tenured"

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

said warn meter isn't a special consideration or privilege, nor is it "tenured"

Don't try to reverse the onus and sugar coat it, this is your final warning.

there's a special place in message board hell for people who bait mods.

i know, i've been tehre.

No, you haven't.

IR5

Timeline

:rofl: omg!!!!

I thought that you were an atheist.

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

An interesting take on things, but that's your perception, made without any factual basis; you should be a mod.

I concur and I've said this before.

Our OP has all the qualifications of Modhood. Will somebody please create some insignificant subforum and let him have his jollies?

There is, at aleast on my PHP based forum.

I was actually threatened of castration (maybe a slight overexxageration) if I continue to gain TBs (no, not tuberculosis) so there is a way to monitor this.

There is, at aleast on my PHP based forum.

I was actually threatened of castration (maybe a slight overexxageration) if I continue to gain TBs (no, not tuberculosis) so there is a way to monitor this.

Oh gosh, it wasn't YOUR individual castration I was seeking. Just a sort of blanket warning to VJ schlubs.

You I like, so you're safe.star_smile.gif

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

there's a special place in message board hell for people who bait mods.

i know, i've been tehre. (there)

Sorry for correcting your English, me being a poor immigrant from a non English as a primary language country and all.

But yes, there is as such, it's called LOTB (Land Of The Banished).

Oh gosh, it wasn't YOUR individual castration I was seeking. Just a sort of blanket warning to VJ schlubs.

You I like, so you're safe.star_smile.gif

Oh no, it wasn't my Lady that warned me.

He who knows it is him knows it is him (I will mention no names) :whistle:

Please stop the personal attacks. (Removed)

In an effort to bring this thread to a close (you are free to have a discussion about it in Off Topic if you wish), the answer to the OP's original question is that Captain Ewok will approach you if a mod position becomes available and he thinks you are a good candidate.

iagree.gif