one...two...tree

Supreme Court to Decide on Arizona's SB1070

68 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

So OK I see this is going to be another case of Obama looking stupid just before the election. His Solicitor General got spanked pretty hard.

So prior to the election we are going to have the health care law shot down AND SCOTUS saying the states can enforce immigration law because the Feds won't. Way to go Obama!

Carry on.

:lol: yah its like a real life Mcdonalds commercial.

55175.gif

7yqZWFL.jpg

Timeline

We'll just have to disagree. I'm already unhappy with the interior Federal Highway Checkpoints where you have to show your papers all in the name of "protecting the border".

I constantly go through the checkpoints and never asked for papers. They do ask me some stupid questions to give the dogs time to do their thing.

I constantly go through the checkpoints and never asked for papers. They do ask me some stupid questions to give the dogs time to do their thing.

I was working at White Sands, (near the Holloman side) a few months ago and decided to take my family with me (for a change). Picked up the rental car in El Paso and was driving to Alamagordo and hit a check point. Took us all of three minutes to get through it. They didn't ask me for anything, but started talking to my wife and daughter in spanish. The had a puzzled look on their face when she answered in Tagalog.

Bottom line is that they checked her drivers license and Green card and off we went. They didn't even run it through a computer that I know of.

Anyone know what all those cameras are for at the checkpoints? At least twenty looking in each direction.

PS - wife does not want to live in Alamagordo although the Hampton Inn was nice.

Edited by DaveE

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

What Congress is failing to do is address the actual source of the problem - employers offering jobs to those not authorized to work here. Go after the motivation for illegal migrants to come here in the first place. That would be a cure for rather than management of the symptoms of the disease.

No argument here.

Trouble is, Washington has proven unwilling to pursue this course of action, leaving states to do what they can to solve their own internal issues.

And that doesn't even take into account a state like California, where Governor Brown recently signed into law legislation dictating that e-Verify cannot be mandated in the state to verify prospective hires' immigration status.

Washington, Democrat and/or Republican can make a difference. I just doubt they will. :(

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Timeline

I was working at White Sands, (near the Holloman side) a few months ago and decided to take my family with me (for a change). Picked up the rental car in El Paso and was driving to Alamagordo and hit a check point. Took us all of three minutes to get through it. They didn't ask me for anything, but started talking to my wife and daughter in spanish. The had a puzzled look on their face when she answered in Tagalog.

Bottom line is that they checked her drivers license and Green card and off we went. They didn't even run it through a computer that I know of.

Anyone know what all those cameras are for at the checkpoints? At least twenty looking in each direction.

PS - wife does not want to live in Alamagordo although the Hampton Inn was nice.

They do have cameras but I believe you are talking about the sensors that look like cameras. They have them set up for when a vehicle passes them they can measure the density for anomalies. They also have them for infrared or Xrays or something like that to peer inside the vehicles. Forgot which but I seen the picture they produce and they do see inside my truck and trailer

They often just wave me through and not stop but at times they stop me and ask me a few questions and the dog and handler runs around my truck and trailer. Last few times they have made me open the door and the dog steps up on the steps to get into my truck and sniffs inside and gets down. Last week the truck next to me in line got a hit by the dog. The dog seemed excited by one of the tires surprisingly. Agents converged on the truck and had me wait till the truck was safely to the side. Busiest I had ever seen them at that time. They had maybe 5-6 cars on the side going over them and two other trucks. One lady driver was crying next to a truck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

There was a time when a checkpoint inside the country would have been seen as a violation of the constitution.

you might take a look at this group on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/messages/669570281#!/pages/Police-State-USA-Land-of-the-Checkpoints/165801456790697

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!