33 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Honestly, you sound like you're engaging in immigration fraud, so don't expect this to turn out well.

amen...

if everything goes through, he will be on here asking "how can i send her back?" within a year

Edited by Mrs.Brock

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

rgr that, thanks.

Thanks for being a douche Mrs Block. Very helpful. I cant help it half the women in the world are scammers, now can I? I did not think the marriage was an issue since I canceled the visa and since the marriage did not happen in the Philippines. So I came and searched and found the answer. No thanks to you and those like you of course.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

No. I am married to the filipino girl, in the philippines. I dont see why that would affect a marriage in china since the marriage is not recognized in USA. But I am talking to a lawyer on getting a divorce to the filipino just in case. Anyone with advice on that can pipe in ;)

whoa. Slow down there, a bit.

You must be legally free to marry in China.

Usually, this is shown by a certificate , translated into Chinese, showing you are free to marry, you are legally clear of any marriages.

I did mine via the US Embassy in BeiJing, a Certificate of Single Status. We then took it to the marriage registry office in Wuhan, who then told us WHICH translation office to take it to, that translation they would accept. We got it translated into Chinese, then got married back at the wedding registry office.

Let me work it backwards. You are a foreigner, in China. You must show, at the marriage registry office in her city (Hukuo registration city, btw) that you are free to marry. Since you are a foreigner, you have extra hoops to jump through. One of the ways to show that you are legally free to marry is to show a certificate of marriageability issued by the US Embassy in BeiJing or the US Consulate in Guangzhou. But even then, that's not enough, it needs to be translated into Chinese, at a translation office that the wedding registry office accepts.

Only then will you be able to marry yer lass in China.

You need to rethink yer plan. You need to be unencumbered to marry, globally, world-wide prior to marrying again.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

rgr that, thanks.

Thanks for being a douche Mrs Block. Very helpful. I cant help it half the women in the world are scammers, now can I? I did not think the marriage was an issue since I canceled the visa and since the marriage did not happen in the Philippines. So I came and searched and found the answer. No thanks to you and those like you of course.

you're not welcome then. smh...

event.png

rgr that, thanks.

Trying to marry two different girls in two different countries and then seeking to gain immigration benefits from the bigamous marriage...you kinda sound like the scammer.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Trying to marry two different girls in two different countries and then seeking to gain immigration benefits from the bigamous marriage...you kinda sound like the scammer.

Cut the guy some slack. The fact that he cancelled the first visa petition shows that there was something wrong with that marriage. He wouldn't be the first guy to be scammed by someone either trying to get his money or using him to get a visa to live in the US. His mistake was thinking he could get remarried without getting divorced first, but it sounds like he didn't actually get married so he hasn't broken the law.

As others have suggested make sure your new wife knows about your ex-wife because she will get asked about it during the interview. Also, make sure to list your ex-wife on the I-130 petition and include a copy of the marriage termination document.

06/10/11 - Married

USCIS: (224 days)

07/22/11 - Mailed I-130 petitions for wife and step-daughter

07/28/11 - NOA1 for both

02/21/12 - RFE for both (received hardcopy on 2/25)

02/28/12 - Responded to RFE for both(received by CSC on 2/29)

03/02/12 - NOA2 for both(received hardcopy on 3/8)

NVC: (37 days)

03/12/12 - NVC Received both

03/21/12 - NVC case number and IIN received for both & Emailed Choice of Agent for both

03/23/12 - AOS bill invoiced & paid for both

03/26/12 - AOS bill shows paid & AOS Packets mailed for both

03/27/12 - Choice of Agent accepted for wife (sent another for step-daughter via email and express mail)

03/28/12 - Choice of Agent accepted for step-daughter & IV bill invoiced & paid for wife

03/29/12 - IV bill shows paid for wife & IV bill invoiced & paid for step-daughter

03/30/12 - IV bill shows paid for step-daughter & IV Packets mailed for both

04/04/12 - IV Packets reviewed. Checklist issued for Divorce Decree for my wife. Step-daughter's was accepted and her case closed

04/10/12 - Divorce Decree accepted after supervisor review & wife's case closed

04/16/12 - Expedite requested for both cases due to NVC error

04/18/12 - Expedite request approved for both cases and sent to Santiago Embassy

Embassy: (15 days)

04/24/12 - Embassy received both cases from NVC

04/25/12 - Wife went to Embassy for document review. Interview date assigned for both cases.

04/26/12 - Medical Exam for both. Result - approved.

05/07/12 - Interview date for both. Result - approved!

05/09/12 - Received both Visas

05/16/12 - POE Atlanta

Cut the guy some slack. The fact that he cancelled the first visa petition shows that there was something wrong with that marriage. He wouldn't be the first guy to be scammed by someone either trying to get his money or using him to get a visa to live in the US. His mistake was thinking he could get remarried without getting divorced first, but it sounds like he didn't actually get married so he hasn't broken the law.

As others have suggested make sure your new wife knows about your ex-wife because she will get asked about it during the interview. Also, make sure to list your ex-wife on the I-130 petition and include a copy of the marriage termination document.

I think what people are reacting to is less than he is canceling a petition and more that he has canceled a petition SO RECENTLY that he hasn't received or sought confirmation of it being canceled, and he already has plans to marry another woman in just over a month. It appears as though he must have met and pursued that woman while he was already petitioning for another.

Filed: Country:
Timeline
I think what people are reacting to is less than he is canceling a petition and more that he has canceled a petition SO RECENTLY that he hasn't received or sought confirmation of it being canceled, and he already has plans to marry another woman in just over a month. It appears as though he must have met and pursued that woman while he was already petitioning for another.

Add to that the fact that he hasn't even bothered to divorce his Filipino wife yet...

The fact that he has now characterized half of the women in the world as scammers the OP is really batting a thousand.

Add to that the fact that he hasn't even bothered to divorce his Filipino wife yet...

The fact that he has now characterized half of the women in the world as scammers the OP is really batting a thousand.

Yeah those too...yikes.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I recently canceled a CR1. She was in Philippines. I want to do a new CR1 but to China. I have searched the net and found little info. I found something that said two were the lifetime maximums. But does anyone know of any limitations on filling CR1's? Any time limit between fillings? Will it be flagged in some manner? I canceled it in the NVC stage.

Are you saying you are married to a Filipina? Did that marriage take place in the Philippines? Has that been terminated? You can get those papers Darnell is talking about from your own state provided the divorce is all documented.

I had to get them from my county then the state governor's office, then I mailed all that to the Chinese Embassy and they gave me a certificate that I was free to marry. I had to write my own letter stating who I was and that I was single. IE: divorced. This is all possible provided you do everything exactly right it's not gonna happen very quickly. And believe meeting someone also falls under the free to marry period. Not going through a divorce proceeding and looking for a wife. So if you meet her and your still married that won't work for a K-1.

Edited by Shenzhen

Filed: Country:
Timeline
Yeah those too...yikes.

The OP kind of comes off as the type of guy that is just shopping for a "Submissive Asian Trophy Wife"...

I hate to say things like that but, if it walks like a duck...

Timeline

The OP kind of comes off as the type of guy that is just shopping for a "Submissive Asian Trophy Wife"...

i second that.. that's why i made a comment about going to want to send her "back where she came from".

event.png

Well, "people in glass houses"...I already have my submissive Canadian trophy husband! :rofl:

But seriously, that kind of thing turns my stomach on these forums...

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

whoa. Slow down there, a bit.

You must be legally free to marry in China.

Usually, this is shown by a certificate , translated into Chinese, showing you are free to marry, you are legally clear of any marriages.

I did mine via the US Embassy in BeiJing, a Certificate of Single Status. We then took it to the marriage registry office in Wuhan, who then told us WHICH translation office to take it to, that translation they would accept. We got it translated into Chinese, then got married back at the wedding registry office.

Let me work it backwards. You are a foreigner, in China. You must show, at the marriage registry office in her city (Hukuo registration city, btw) that you are free to marry. Since you are a foreigner, you have extra hoops to jump through. One of the ways to show that you are legally free to marry is to show a certificate of marriageability issued by the US Embassy in BeiJing or the US Consulate in Guangzhou. But even then, that's not enough, it needs to be translated into Chinese, at a translation office that the wedding registry office accepts.

Only then will you be able to marry yer lass in China.

You need to rethink yer plan. You need to be unencumbered to marry, globally, world-wide prior to marrying again.

Before attempting either of the three possible methods of obtaining the necessary documentation for China that one is free to marry, one must actually BE free to marry. At this time, the OP is not. He must obtain a divorce from the current wife before attempting to marry another. Any of the three possible methods require signing an affidavit disclosing all prior marriages and providing official government issued documentation that each has been terminated. To marry next month will require the OP to commit, at minimum, two crimes, bigamy and fraud.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.