shirleyjeremy

DOES ANYONE EVER JUST WANT TO NOT LIVE IN AMERICA

57 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
His favorite souvenir from his first trip to the US was a local real estate magazine (and I've always thought Asheville is expensive!). It still gets ooohs and ahhhs from friends and family, more than two years later!

Alice

my hubby keeps trying to tell me that Asheville is too expensive. Sure, a house there would cost more than here in Morganton where we seem to be picking them up for free! But compared to Toronto, Asheville is still cheap. And there's stuff to do there. Unlike Morganton. :P

I'm still trying to talk him into it tho!

On topic tho, we *were* going to live in Canada, but he was deemed inadmissable because of a juvenile record. So, here I am. We had even considered going to the UK for a while, when USCIS had lost our petitions. But, here I am.

Maybe some day.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If anything "would" have put me off - it would be the fundamentalists. I don't mean the religious type either - but the people who follow party politics like sheep, and defend it like wolves ;)

Still "those" people are a very small price to pay for being able to live with my wife.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I will be quite honest...I don't want to live in Nigeria. The economy is below standard & there aren't many opportunities to survive at the level that I am living here in the US. I also wouldn't uproot my daughter and force her into such foreign surrounds. Besides, I love America...just happen to be in love with a foreigner.

La Verdadera y El Sincero - Siempre

2005 - 2006 Spent falling in love

22 May 2006 My journey to Nigeria

24 May 2006 David proposes to me

9 June 2006 Mailed I129F to TSC

30 June 2006 NOA-1

Case Transferred to CSC

27 July 2006 Touched

5 Sept 2006 Called USCIS for case / IMBRA status

14 Sept 2006 Touched

19 Sept 2006 Touched Again!

23 Sept 2006 Received IMBRA RFE by postal mail (postmarked 20 Sept 2006)

25 Sept 2006 Response to IMBRA RFE sent Priority Mail w/Delivery Confirmation

29 Sept 2006 Rec'd Email stating RFE received

1 Oct 2006 Touched - Same RFE rec'd message

17 Oct 2006 NOA-2 Rec'd via Email

23 Oct 2006 NOA-2 Rec'd via Postal Mail

9 Nov 2006 Email from NVC (response to my inquiry) w/NVC case# - file to Lagos 6 Nov

13 Nov 2006 Received NVC letter via Postal Mail

20 Nov 2006 Fiance went to Lagos Consulate- Interview Date Received

7 Feb 2007 Interview-VISA GRANTED!!! -

12 Feb 2007 Visa in Hand!!! ***Scheduled arrival 23 Feb 2007***

23 Feb 2007 Arrived JFK USA!!!

12 May 2007 Married

23 May 2007 Filed AOS

25 May 2007 Rec'd NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is my and Jenny's great debate. I want to go to the Philippines, she wants to come here for a while and return to the Philippines. Anyway, I do not want to live in this country. My view is that religion dominates. I view both parties as being controled by religious fundementalist. We know about the republicans. What about the democrats. "We are right, because we have absolute faith we are right, and we can get some expert to lie on a study to pretend there is a scientific base to our rancid thought." Same game different field. Religious fanatics control this country.

Date I-129F Sent : 03/17/2006

Date I-129F NOA1: 04/03/2006

I-129F RFE(s) : 08/10/2006

I-129F RFE Reply(s) : 08/17/2006

Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved) : 08/18/2006

Date Package Received By NVC : 09/05/2006

Date Sent to Embassy: 09/18/2006 assigned number MNL2006743xxx

Date Embassy received 09/26/2006

letter-touched 10/17/2006

information on medical and interview 11/17/2006

Packet with Information 11/29/2006

Medical 1/12/2007

Interview 1/19/2007

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Our grand plan is to own a small home in both the US and Canada, so that we can spend time in both countries. :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline
DOES ANYONE EVER FEEL THAT MAYBE WE SHOULD JUST MOVE TO SOME OF THESE EXOTIC LOCATIONS AND FORGET THE USA. AFTER ALL THE TIME AND PAPERS AND THE POSSIBLE NO AND MONEY MAYBE WE SHOULD JUST PACK IT UP MOVE TO OUR SPOUSES COUNTRY AND LIVE A MORE SIMPLE FULFILLING LIFE. MAYBE I AM JUST HAVING A BAD DAY THOUGH? ANY THOUGHTS.

Me and the wife have thought about it. I could definitely retire a lot earlier (at 55 years old) and we could live well enough on my savings / 401k in either Belarus (my wife's citizenship country) or in Russia (her birthplace country). It is really cheap to live in the villages or in a small town. We haven't looked into the proceedures for me to get residency in either country or the possibility for my wife to reclaim her Russian citizenship. I still have another 5 years before I can even think of retiring and for now it is just a brain fart.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Our grand plan is to own a small home in both the US and Canada, so that we can spend time in both countries. :)

You People are after my own heart, that's what you are!! :D Bruce & I are hoping to do this one day. In the meantime we're looking at 10 years and we will retire in Newfoundland. I'm still VERY homesick and if we could we would move tomorrow...............fingers crossed for the lottery :whistle: There's no place like Canada and it's wonderful that we both feel that way......{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” JMAC

June 25, 2004 - Bruce & I met through mutual friends in my hometown in Newfoundland the night before he was going back to Maine

July 1 - First email between us

July 3 - I called him to wish him a Happy Independance Day

Daily phone calls and emails from there on in

October 20 - Bruce drove back to Newfoundland. He planned on staying a week but it ended up being 3 weeks. We knew for a fact we were in love!

March 19/05 - Bruce back in Newfoundland

April 8 - Bruce picked me up in North Sydney, NS and we drove to Maine. I stayed for a week due to work

July 26 - Bruce back to Newfoundland for another 3 weeks. I can't bear to see him leave.

August 10 - He asked me to marry him.........I had already asked him anyway just to make sure*_*

September 30 - I flew to Boston to meet Bruce there and then we drove back to Maine for 2 weeks

November 18 - We filed I-129F

December 1 - NOA Receipt #

December 28 - Received Packet 3

January 6/06 - Received my Police Certificate of Conduct

January 11 - Sent DS-230 Part 1 back to Montreal Consulate

February 3 - Sent off my check list to Montreal Consulate

March 24 - Medical

April 5 - Interview Date.....APPROVED......Yahoo

April 17 - Moving to Maine

May 16 - Bruce & I became Mr. & Mrs. in Las Vegas (Oh HAPPY DAY)

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

I always wanted to live outside the US. I got my chance, took it. However, every country has its pros and cons. If it were a different stage in our lives, Germany would be pretty good. But at this point, the US has more to offer. Not that we are planning to stay there forever either. If all possible, we'll be immigrating further. It isn't that I hate the US or Germany, just I would like to keep moving and experience different places and things.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Reba - we LOVE Asheville. The Summer camps where we met were in Brevard...which is about 40 minutes outside of Asheville. Every night off we had, we would go to Asheville together. We have SO many memories there!!

We would move there in a heart beat if we could - but now Stew's in school here in FL (In state tuition) and I still have my awesome job...

but we also LOVE it!

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I had considered, at one point moving to the Netherlands to be with my fiancee', but it simply isn't feasible. He's still getting his education and I wouldn't be able to find a job due to not speaking the language. Maybe in a touristy area or something, but I'm a programmer, so... it'd be really difficult. Here, I can continue with a job I have, stay in a house that has relatively low rent, and he can get through college and start getting a job here. And the job market, as cruddy as it is, is better here than there from what I've been told.

Our K-1 Visa/AOS/RoC timeline can be found here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

If this much time were spent on trying to get involved and fixing problems rather than figuring out how to escape them maybe this place would not be so bad.

As the ole saying goes, your either part of the solution or part of the problem.

Paul misses Anna

Filed: Timeline

Any problem you have in one part of the country will go away in another part of the country. In case you haven't realized it yet, this country is fukcing huge. Of course, in another part of the country or world, you will have other problems. Where will you escape to then? The way I see it, you gotta at some point choose your problems cuz no matter where you live, you're gonna have some.

Edited by Gupt

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

The only reason I had once wished to move to India was because of missing Sujeet during our visa process. To be honest, I wouldn't want to live in India unless I absolutely had to. I wouldn't mind being able to spend part of each year in India, but I don't think I'd want to live there permanently. :no: If Sujeet was from a European country or from Canada, UK, or Australia I might be more willing to move. But we both like the US for certain reasons and are happy here.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord