shirleyjeremy

DOES ANYONE EVER JUST WANT TO NOT LIVE IN AMERICA

57 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
If anything "would" have put me off - it would be the fundamentalists. I don't mean the religious type either - but the people who follow party politics like sheep, and defend it like wolves ;)

Still "those" people are a very small price to pay for being able to live with my wife.

ah.. yer just a commie pinko sympathiser at heart .. ain'tcha! :P :P

someday... we will build a house on some land Sara owns out on the coast, where all I need to do is walk out to the trees to get fresh fruit, go fishing for my lunch. then nap in a hammock the afternoon away.

James & Sara - Aug 12, 05

Humanity... destined to pass the baton shortly.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reba - we LOVE Asheville. The Summer camps where we met were in Brevard...which is about 40 minutes outside of Asheville. Every night off we had, we would go to Asheville together. We have SO many memories there!!

We would move there in a heart beat if we could - but now Stew's in school here in FL (In state tuition) and I still have my awesome job...

but we also LOVE it!

Awww....I went to College in Brevard.

Moved to Charlotte 7 years ago but recently bought a house back in the mountains! I am love being back!

Very beautiful area around here...glad to have grown up here!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

well, the UK isn't what I'd call exotic...

but i am actually going to go live there with him for a year.

Then, we'll come back to the states for a while. I dont' know if it'll be our permanent home, but we'll be back here for a bit, and maybe make the rest of the world our playground.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

If something happend to me, Val would move back to Brasil in a heartbeat. Heres why:

Beautiful white beaches, friendly people (yes, most Americans are not that friendly even though some would give their shirt off of their backs), family, delicious food, and lower priced living expenses.

. . . of course the flipside is high poverty rate= crime (USA too), high taxes and beauracracy,and high unemployment.

I would love to live in Brasil but I could not leave my daughters until they are old enough to make up their minds and to see if they wish to go move with us (we have JC). Perhaps another 4-5 years from now.

10Yr GC arrived 07/02/09 - Naturalization is next

The drama begins - again!

And now the drama ends - they took the Green card . . .

I would have moved to Panama in a heartbeat, but my debt ( car, credit cards..student loans) is kind of large, and living there I would only be able to make minimum payments and never get rid of it with the wages they pay there. I would make about 1/4 of what I make here to start out with. We hope to buy a place down there in about 2-3 years because we will DEFINITELY be retiring in Panama someday.

panama17xu.gif texas19sn.gif

pequen4io.jpg

Married January 18, 2006

08 JUN 2006.....AP document recieved :)

09 JUN 2006.....regular EAD approval

14 JUN 2006.....regular EAD recieved in mail

22 JUL 2006......AOS and EAD (?) touched...moving along maybe? :)

21 AUG 2006....Recieved interview letter!

26 SEP 2006.....INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!

26 SEP 2006.....APPROVED WITH FLYING COLORS!

05 OCT 2006....Welcome letter recieved

11 OCT 2006....THE CARD ARRIVES!!!!!!!!!!

15 SEP 2008.....Sent for removal of conditions

24 SEP 2008.....NOA for removal of conditions

10 MAR 2009....Transferred from VSC to CSC

22 MAY 2009.....REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS APPROVED!!!!!! :) Citizenship here we come!

Well, we are actually planning to make this move ,only two years from now, which will allow an opportunity for my fiance(e) to receive a green card in the U.S. so we will have the option of living in either country. With my retirement income and liquidating all my personal belongings and real estate we could live a very decent lifestyle with no mortgage. The country is beautiful and many areas are still unspoiled. Think of the Hawaiian landscape and you'll have a good snapshot of what the country looks like.

You know that's not allowed, right? If your fiancé/e moves out of the US, he/she will abandon his/her US residency, lose his/her green card, and will have to start all over with the visa again. It is allowed to live in both countries or to spend extended periods abroad, as long as the US is always the primary permanent residence. (Which is why they call it a "permanent resident card." It's for people who want to be permanently resident in the US. Which is why it gets revoked if you move abroad.)

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

-----------------------------------------------

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

-----------------------------------------------

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

Well, we are actually planning to make this move ,only two years from now, which will allow an opportunity for my fiance(e) to receive a green card in the U.S. so we will have the option of living in either country. With my retirement income and liquidating all my personal belongings and real estate we could live a very decent lifestyle with no mortgage. The country is beautiful and many areas are still unspoiled. Think of the Hawaiian landscape and you'll have a good snapshot of what the country looks like.

You know that's not allowed, right? If your fiancé/e moves out of the US, he/she will abandon his/her US residency, lose his/her green card, and will have to start all over with the visa again. It is allowed to live in both countries or to spend extended periods abroad, as long as the US is always the primary permanent residence. (Which is why they call it a "permanent resident card." It's for people who want to be permanently resident in the US. Which is why it gets revoked if you move abroad.)

But this is a matter of semantics. I know foreigners that have held Green Cards for years but have only spent months actually living in the USA. They use their children's American address as their registered address and return periodically to the USA to visit in order to keep the Green Card. Why? They come from countries that have difficulty getting visas to travel to most Western countries. An American Green Card makes it much easier for them to travel. How did they get the Green Card? The Diversity Visa Lottery.

People always find a way to game the system.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Not just green cards but passports too. I beleive we just airlifted a whack of these folks out of Lebanon.

IR1

April 14, 2004 I-130 NOA1

April 25, 2005 IR1 Received

April 26, 2005 POE Dorval Airport

May 13, 2005 Welcome to America Letters Received

May 21, 2005 PR Card in Mail

May 26, 2005 Applied for SSN at local office

June 06, 2005 SSN Received

June 11, 2005 Driver Licence Issued!

June 20, 2005 Deb gets a Check Card! Just like Donald Trump's!

Citizenship

Jan 30, 2008 N400 Mailed off to the VSC!

Feb 2, 2008 N400 Received at VSC

Feb 6, 2008 Check Cashed!

Feb 13, 2008 NOA1 Received

Feb 15, 2008 Fingerprint letter received. (Feb 26th scheduled)

Feb 18, 2008 Mailed out the old Please Reschedule us for Biometics <sigh>...

Feb 27, 2008 Received the new scheduled biometrics.

Mar 15, 2008 Biometrics Rescheduled.

Sep 18, 2008 Interview Letter Recieved.

Nov 11, 2008 Interview Passed :-).

Nov 14, 2008 Oath Cerimony.

I don't mean this in a smartass way but I think the US would be a better place if people simply moved to a country or place that better suited them, their beliefs and their choice of lifestyle..

The US has a lot to offer which people take for granted... I am a strong advocate of people living in cities and countries that suites them... :yes:

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

my answer is no, i love it here

I129

june 26 NOA 1

july 6 touched

july 11 touched

august 4 back to brazil

august 12 home again

august 28 wondering if this will ever end

sep. 12 touch

sep.13 touched again (RFE Coming IMBRA)

sep. 14 touch

sep. 19 got rfe

sep.25 CSC recieves rfe

sep 28 touch

oct 2 touched again come on baby give it to me!!!!!

oct 3 NOA 2 MAILED 10/2

oct.6 recieved noa 2 by mail

oct.16 nvc recieved

nov.15 nvc mails to rio

dec.5 rio finally gets our papers

dec.5 sent package sedex

dec.6 consulate signs for package

interview 1/11/07 woohoo!!!!!!

1/18/07 got the visa woooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooooo

US entry 1/22/07

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline
Not just green cards but passports too. I beleive we just airlifted a whack of these folks out of Lebanon.

And I remember reading the whinings posted on VJ that the bad old evil US government made them reimburse the taxpayer. Too bad, so sad.

When US citizenship and legal residency become nothing more than a marriage of convenience...it might be time to look at making both a wee bit more difficult to obtain or they attain the status of just another commodity on the world market.

It doesn't surprise me though...when our own politicians craft proposed legislation to reward illegal aliens a shot at US citizenship for the price of a $2000 fine.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995