Arrta

She's doing it again.

134 posts in this topic

To follow up on the therapy comments, as I shared earlier, therapy works wonders, if you want it to. You can't force anyone to go, and if you do and they are not receptive of the help, its a waste of time and money. Yes you can gain a lot by going at it alone. You will learn a lot about yourself and how you deal with things in your marriage and in life. Often, I hear, once the spouse not attending therapy sees the inner peace in you, they wind up going themselves.

The whole time I was reading your post, it felt like a father-spoiled daughter relationship, except for the part about her being pregnant. Like her talking on the phone, complaining, driving her to a friend's house.. my advice would just be to not let her get away with those things, and dont play into her game. I may have only been married for a year but i know an unhealthy relationship when i see one. Goodluck!

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

She was like this before becoming pregnant.

so ... no surprises.... she has always been this way. :wacko: Yikees!!

Edited by Hank_Amy

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

She is pregnant, dude, let her be.

I am worse and I am not even preggo.

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

EDIT: Nothing more despicable than blackmailing her with taking away her son.

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

You know, just playing devils advocate...as the old saying goes, there are three sides to every story, yours, theirs and the truth. Somewhere in the middle is the truth.

You know, just playing devils advocate...as the old saying goes, there are three sides to every story, yours, theirs and the truth. Somewhere in the middle is the truth.

charlie-brown.jpg

I agree with you. :hehe:

(I know Kathryn's ignore ban on us is over but..please...stop viewing our profile's (my wife's and mine)...it's creeping us out. :hehe: )

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

(I know Kathryn's ignore ban on us is over but..please...stop viewing our profile's (my wife's and mine)...it's creeping us out. :hehe: )

I hope you understand, after reading that, I was forced to look at your profile to see what's so interesting. :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My advice is once she has the baby, get a paternity test DO NOT sign the birth certificate without one. Her actions make it seem as if she has something going on behind your back. Taking the car out, not coming home, being mad at you while "on the phone" Play it safe make sure the child is yours , if it is then support your child and divorce her if thats what she wants put her out of the house.

If he knew the baby was not his, he would love it and raise it as his own. I don't think she's cheating yet but when she does he will forgive her.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow, I just spent 30 minutes reading all of this...... wheeeewwwww.... This isn't the site to vent your issue about your marriage with your wife. Yes their are some of us who have lived in the Phils, had many relationships withfilipina's, but this is not a filipina thing. All women are the same!!!!! Their might be a few cultural things that are different, but you should have spent the time figuring these out and determiining if you could live with this before marrying her. You have a young girl and the comment about Father-daughter type relationship hit the hammer on the head... Sounds like there is not much love there.

ALl relationships have these breakfast time scenario's you have discussed. But in a good relationship, you can sit down after and figure it out and laugh about it. This should all be covered and built in the years before marrying someone. How much time did you spend with your bride before marriage?

To the Alaskan guy I understand your dilemna and agree with some of these things you said.BUT!!!!!!! Their not filipina UNITS, #######..... SHe is a woman who is struggling with something that you take very seriously and she needs to learn that it is a serious thing on her own. On a positive note, kudo's to you and having your wife experience Alaska.. Nothing else like it in the world..

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Filed: Country:
Timeline

I'm not really convinced that the OP wasn't an April Fools Day joke...

If ti is legit then all I can say is that I'm never surprised when I read a post where a Kano doesn't seem to understand that marrying a young girl from the Philippines and then treating her like a child who can't do anything for herself lands him in a situation like this.

Sadly it's a theme that's repeated time and again in the PH sub-forum.

I've learned from 20 years of raising kids that if you fail to set expectations for the people in your life then you have no business being disappointed when they fail to exceed your expectations.

If you want a strong & independent wife then expect that of her. She wants her own car, fine she's working why cant' she save-up for it (with some help from you of course). She should also be able to contribute for her vehicle insurance. If everything is yours then she'll never appreciate it.

When I see children misbehaving I always look to the parents for failing to properly manage and guide those kids.

(i wish there is a bird-flippin' smiley)

Here ya go Sweetheart...you can borrow this one....

emotfinger.gif

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

One post violating TOS has been removed along with one post quoting it. Since the poster has a history of posting similar comments, administrative action has been taken.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.