adam1

Sponsor my Mother to bring my Sister

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My mother applied (I-130) for my 18 years old sister now we are at the point where she needs to fill out I-864 but she has no income she is 64 years old, She live with me of course and I take care of all her need. My question is can co-sponsor my mother that has Zero income to bring my sister.

Thanks

Edited by adam1

Timeline

My mother applied (I-130) for my 18 years old sister now we are at the point where she needs to fill out I-864 but she has no income she is 64 years old, She live with me of course and I take care of all her need. My question is can co-sponsor my mother that has Zero income to bring my sister.

Thanks

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks

Your mom, as petitioner should fill up the I-864 even if she has no income. You also have to fill up the I-864 as a joint sponsor. Read the instructions from NVC carefully.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

** merging two topics on the same issue. Please only post once on a question/ issue ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes, you can be your mom's co-sponsor.

good.gifgood.gif

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Your mom, as petitioner should fill up the I-864 even if she has no income. You also have to fill up the I-864 as a joint sponsor. Read the instructions from NVC carefully.

Yes make sure you fill out the right form the first time I sent in just the 864A they asked me to submit I-864, also make sure to send in a copy of your citizenship certificate they asked me for that as well.

Good Luck, I am also helping my mother with bringing my sister who is now 18.

Timeline

Yes make sure you fill out the right form the first time I sent in just the 864A they asked me to submit I-864, also make sure to send in a copy of your citizenship certificate they asked me for that as well.

Good Luck, I am also helping my mother with bringing my sister who is now 18.

Timeline

Can some one help me with question 25 on form I-864, My mother does not have a job and I'm the joined sponsor to help her bring my young sister, I claim my mother in my taxes every year because she live with me and she is 64 years old she don't have job or income. should I write a letter stating why she did not file the income tax because she did not have an income and she was my dependent on my tax return.

On question 22 I checked d no job since she came to do US.

Any ones help with a similar experience will be appretiated

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Can some one help me with question 25 on form I-864, My mother does not have a job and I'm the joined sponsor to help her bring my young sister, I claim my mother in my taxes every year because she live with me and she is 64 years old she don't have job or income. should I write a letter stating why she did not file the income tax because she did not have an income and she was my dependent on my tax return.

If she didn't file any tax returns then she must submit a letter explaining what her income was, and why she was not required to file. USCIS prefers these letters to be sworn and notarized. I'm not sure about NVC.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yep, like stated make sure that it's notarized. My mother did hers in spanish (can be in english though), her statement, "I bobby jo have lived in the US since ... I have not held any jobs or earned any incomes, therefore I have not filed income taxes with the United States IRS" can be pretty simple or as detailed. Just make sure to get the main point in. Good luck.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

If she didn't file any tax returns then she must submit a letter explaining what her income was, and why she was not required to file. USCIS prefers these letters to be sworn and notarized. I'm not sure about NVC.

The NVC does not need the petitioner's statement about not being required to file tax returns to be notarized.

The NVC accepted my father's (the petitioner's) statement which was not notarized.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.