VanessaTony

I-751 April 2012 filers

1,108 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm planning to send this on Monday anyone have any input before i send it away?

Dear USCIS examiner:

Enclosed please find a JOINT I-751 petition for removal of conditions of permanent resident status regarding my wife, (). Please also find a money order check for $590.00, the fee for this form. My wife entered the US on CR-1 visa. We are happily living together and request that this petition be accepted for removal of conditions on the residence of my wife)

Enclosed also please find the following documents to verify the status of our marriage and ongoing relationship:

• Copy of her passports and green card of () Conditional Permanent Resident Card front and back ("green card" is more like a nickname so don't use that).

• Pictures of us at various location and time in Las Vegas spanning about two years.

• Copy of 2010 and 2011 bank statement, which we received for our checking account at One Nevada Federal Credit Union Bank (formerly Nevada Federal Credit Union).

• Copy of our chase’s credit cards statement for 2010, 2011.

• IRS tax transcript for 2010, 2011 where is 2009?? You were married in 2009 so should have a joint return from then.

• Copy of the title of our car, showing joint ownership.

• Copy of our bank’s and chase’s visa cards showing a joint account.

• Copy of Costco Club cards.

• Copy of our 2nd Anniversary receipt for dinning out and cake purchase.

• Copy of Clark County Recording instrument of our marriage Certificate.

• Copy of my wife NAMEgym membership contract which is charge to our joint account.

• Copy of our utilities for 2010, 2011, 2012. You say "utilities". Specify. "Copy of invoices from XXX Energy"

• Copy of our Drivers license showing the same address.

Few comments. SHE sends it, not you. You are only helping to submit evidence and sign (my husband signed the cover letter as well as the form).

Here's mine: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/358760-i-751-april-2012-filers/page__view__findpost__p__5264264

The cover letter isn't SUPER important, just remember this is HER process and you're just her sponsor and spouse.

More answers in red above. I don't agree with a lot of your wording (for example saying "our" all the time) but that's probably just personal choice and like I said the cover letters don't REALLY matter and they'll probably just file it (they can't throw it out 'cause they have to keep EVERYTHING) without reading it. You can see what I wrote in my link above.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Few comments. SHE sends it, not you. You are only helping to submit evidence and sign (my husband signed the cover letter as well as the form).

Here's mine: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/358760-i-751-april-2012-filers/page__view__findpost__p__5264264

The cover letter isn't SUPER important, just remember this is HER process and you're just her sponsor and spouse.

More answers in red above. I don't agree with a lot of your wording (for example saying "our" all the time) but that's probably just personal choice and like I said the cover letters don't REALLY matter and they'll probably just file it (they can't throw it out 'cause they have to keep EVERYTHING) without reading it. You can see what I wrote in my link above.

thanks for the input,

I'll will revise base on this

um no 2009 she didnt come to the usa until July 2010

Ill def finitely make it more like she is the one filling this haha, was not conscious of this until now thanks again

41Ihm7.png

Timeline

thanks for the input,

I'll will revise base on this

um no 2009 she didnt come to the usa until July 2010

Ill def finitely make it more like she is the one filling this haha, was not conscious of this until now thanks again

When she came is irrelevant... for tax purposes if you were married by the very last day in 2009 you were supposed to file married for 2009. You WERE married in Dec 2009 so you should have filed married. You could file separate or joint. Though it's not necessary for immigration purposes I would suggest speaking to a tax professional about amending your return from 2009 to be married filing joint. You'll most likely get a better return. You could also file separate but that's up to you. I'd look into it at least.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

When she came is irrelevant... for tax purposes if you were married by the very last day in 2009 you were supposed to file married for 2009. You WERE married in Dec 2009 so you should have filed married. You could file separate or joint. Though it's not necessary for immigration purposes I would suggest speaking to a tax professional about amending your return from 2009 to be married filing joint. You'll most likely get a better return. You could also file separate but that's up to you. I'd look into it at least.

Vanessa is right. I submitted my tax transcripts for 2009 where I filed "married filing separately" but I included an explanation letter explaining that in 2009 we lived in Brazil and therefore since my husband din't live in the US or even have a green card at that time, he didn't have to file taxes, so I had to file separately.

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 25, 2013 --Qualified for Citizenship!

October 12, 2017 --Electronically filed

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

October 31, 2017 --Biometrics Appointment -ATL

ROC

April 5, 2012 --Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

May 21, 2012 --Biometric Appointment at ATL office

December 12, 2012 --10 year Green Card in hand

DCF Process

October 10, 2009 --Married in São Paulo

January 14, 2010 --Filed I-130 at São Paulo Consulate for DCF

May 17, 2010 --VISA IN HAND!

June 24, 2010 --POE in Atlanta

Vermont , I read your post about tax. You stated that 2009 should be filed as married even though the spouse was not in the US yet? I was double checking the I-751 filing instructions and a lot of people are suggesting getting transcripts instead of returns, but the instructions do say returns. This is what I have so far

2010 2011 tax returns and w2s

lease agreement

joint savings and checking account statements

newborn sons birth certificate

sworn affidavits

car insurance and bills joint

joint previous health and current dental statements and cards

copies of drivers licenses showing same residence

copy of permanent resident card front and back

Im ready to get a bank letter since I dont have all of our statements.

Unfortunately I couldnt be on any of his credit cards due to my poor credit. I dont have pics except for engagement.

Timeline

I was double checking the I-751 filing instructions and a lot of people are suggesting getting transcripts instead of returns, but the instructions do say returns.

Transcripts are a condensed version of the return. Much better and simpler to attach. My transcripts are one page. My returns are more like 30. The instructions say "return" because that's the official name and because as far as I'm aware you can't get a "state transcript". Attach whatever you want, it doesn't really make a difference but most people (including IO's) would prefer to read one page as opposed to 30.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline
Vermont , I read your post about tax. You stated that 2009 should be filed as married even though the spouse was not in the US yet?

I assume you meant Vanessa and not Vermont. Yes. if you were married in 2009 then you must file as married. You can amend the return once they're here with a SSN but if you filed as single you need to amend it to either a married joint or married separate filing. Married is married. You can also file as Head of Household (HOH) which isn't technically single or married but can result in a better return than single... also it's not a lie to file as HOH when you're married but single is.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Transcripts are a condensed version of the return. Much better and simpler to attach. My transcript are one page. My returns are more like 30. The instructions say "return" because the the official name and because as far as I'm aware you can't get a "state transcript". Attach whatever you want, it doesn't really make a difference but most people (including IO's) would prefer to read one page as opposed to 30.

but do you think the evidence I provided is good enough or I might need more?

Timeline

but do you think the evidence I provided is good enough or I might need more?

No-one can really know. It depends entirely on your file. This person: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/362745-help/ got an RFE and the only thing they were missing was joint bank account info (which is a big one admittedly). Some people report sending less and being fine, others send more and get RFE's. You can only send what you have and see what happens.

I personally sent MOST of what I have. I kept some of the littler things in case of an RFE...such as an invite to a family reunion, anniversary card from GMIL, thank you card from my mum to us, affidavits from friends/family (would have to get them made up). I don't anticipate an RFE but I didn't want to overload with EVERYTHING and have nothing later.

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

Transcripts are a condensed version of the return. Much better and simpler to attach. My transcripts are one page. My returns are more like 30. The instructions say "return" because that's the official name and because as far as I'm aware you can't get a "state transcript". Attach whatever you want, it doesn't really make a difference but most people (including IO's) would prefer to read one page as opposed to 30.

Lucky you. Both 2009 and 2010 of ours are 4 pages... Haven't sent 2011 return with wife's petition, because it was not filed yet (we realized we owed a little this year) and she mentioned it in the cover letter.

Do you think my wife will get an RFE for that?

Now we've got to very painful weekend of actually calculating and filing 2011 taxes. I plan to file electronically over the weekend and mail Uncle Sam and State their checks on Monday.

I hope 2011 transcripts will become available before eventual RFE is received, otherwise we will have many, many pages to copy. Urgh!

Timeline

Lucky you. Both 2009 and 2010 of ours are 4 pages... Haven't sent 2011 return with wife's petition, because it was not filed yet (we realized we owed a little this year) and she mentioned it in the cover letter.

Do you think my wife will get an RFE for that?

Now we've got to very painful weekend of actually calculating and filing 2011 taxes. I plan to file electronically over the weekend and mail Uncle Sam and State their checks on Monday.

I hope 2011 transcripts will become available before eventual RFE is received, otherwise we will have many, many pages to copy. Urgh!

Doubt it. I should mention I sent ACCOUNT transcripts, not RETURN transcripts. Account transcripts are smaller and show whether any changes have been made. Return transcripts are bigger. Account ones are fine for the purpose they serve for ROC, which is to show that we filed joint returns for 09-11 but apparently for AOS they want return transcripts (I send account transcripts then with no issue either).

Nah I doubt you'll get an RFE for 2011 because you mentioned why it's not included (extension filed right?) but like you said, in the event you DO get an RFE (or an interview) you'll hopefully have it by then.

Timeline

Doubt it. I should mention I sent ACCOUNT transcripts, not RETURN transcripts. Account transcripts are smaller and show whether any changes have been made. Return transcripts are bigger. Account ones are fine for the purpose they serve for ROC, which is to show that we filed joint returns for 09-11 but apparently for AOS they want return transcripts (I send account transcripts then with no issue either).

Nah I doubt you'll get an RFE for 2011 because you mentioned why it's not included (extension filed right?) but like you said, in the event you DO get an RFE (or an interview) you'll hopefully have it by then.

No, no extension requested or needed. The deadline for filing tax year 2011 is this coming Tuesday 4/17/2012 and we will file by then.

But since processing time is so looong at VSC, I hope to have a transcript before any eventual RFE.

Edited by Tygrys

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

What luck, check cashed and NOA1 received on the same day (Friday the 13th)!

There was some bad luck, it was rainy so my outside mailbox got the letter wet! Luckily it dried okay.

------

California Service Center (10 applicants)

VJName.............I-751 Sent.....NOA1 Date......Biometrics......Approved......GC Received..

KITTENS_0117........03/31/12.......04/02/12.......--/--/--.......--/--/--.......--/--/--....

MERRYTOOTH..........04/02/12.......04/04/12.......--/--/--.......--/--/--.......--/--/--....

TOLA................04/02/12.......04/03/12.......--/--/--.......--/--/--.......--/--/--....

VANESSA&TONY........04/04/12.......04/06/12.......--/--/--.......--/--/--.......--/--/--....

ARREN...............04/04/12.......--/--/--.......--/--/--.......--/--/--.......--/--/--....

VIVI6...............04/05/12.......04/06/12.......--/--/--.......--/--/--.......--/--/--....

TOKYO LOVERS........04/05/12.......--/--/--.......--/--/--.......--/--/--.......--/--/--....

KEN Y LEIDYS........04/07/12.......--/--/--.......--/--/--.......--/--/--.......--/--/--....

MATTHEW G...........04/09/12.......04/10/12.......--/--/--.......--/--/--.......--/--/--....

DR_NO3MAN...........04/11/12.......--/--/--.......--/--/--.......--/--/--.......--/--/--....

Vermont Service Center (6 applicants)

VJName.............I-751 Sent.....NOA1 Date......Biometrics......Approved......GC Received..

TYGRYS..............03/29/12.......04/02/12.......--/--/--.......--/--/--.......--/--/--....

JIMNLENA............04/03/12.......04/06/12.......--/--/--.......--/--/--.......--/--/--....

KIMBERLYANDMARK.....04/04/12.......--/--/--.......--/--/--.......--/--/--.......--/--/--....

MARINA-DEL..........04/05/12.......--/--/--.......--/--/--.......--/--/--.......--/--/--....

DND2009.............04/10/12.......--/--/--.......--/--/--.......--/--/--.......--/--/--....

LILIB...............04/12/12.......--/--/--.......--/--/--.......--/--/--.......--/--/--....

IMPORTANT!

* Go to the MOST RECENTLY POSTED VERSION of this list (go to the last post and scroll UP) and "Reply" to it, deleting the "quote" tags in your reply.

* Make sure that your VJ Text Editor setting says "Other styles" which is next to the Font setting (most of the time you do NOT have to change any settings)

* Please DO NOT change the font, font size, add colors, stuff like that.

* Please PREVIEW before posting to make sure it is properly formatted.

* Please check that you have not deleted anyones NAME & DATA.

I-751 Sent = The Date you sent your application

NOA Date = The Receipt Date on your original NOA letter

Biometrics = The Date of your biometrics appointment

Approved = The Date your case was approved which is the date on your approval letter

GC Received = The Date you get your card in the mail, NOT the date on the letter

* Please Capitalize your VJ Name when adding it to the list.

* When you're on this list, please come back to update your information accordingly

* If you cannot add your information yourself, please ask another VJ member to help you do so.

Edited by Matthew G

Timeline

What luck, check cashed and NOA1 received on the same day (Friday the 13th)!

There was some bad luck, it was rainy so my outside mailbox got the letter wet! Luckily it dried okay.

Oh, yeah. Friday the 13th... Feels good we don't live in 1307 and are not Templars. :yes:

Rain is not bad luck. It would be much worse if your NOA got carbonized inside your mailbox because of extreme heat.

What you're suggesting is a little more complicated but I will respectfully disagree. Turbo tax didn't have that option while I was filing, they kept on asking for her SS. I even called the IRS and ask what can I do, they said dont worry about just file when she is here with an ss#

trust me i did explore every possibility. The thing is she is here now its up to them to prove otherwise. Two tax year is enough IMP.

This is USCIS why would they care so much about my 2009 taxes I thought the people who would hassle me the most would be the IRS on why I didn't include her on my 2009?

41Ihm7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.