mrs.wife

husband wants divorce

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Well, the stress of immigration has finally caught up to us. My husband told me today that he wants a divorce. I am the USC and have done everything in my power to help him to be happy here to no avail. He has not contributed at all financially in the past 2 1/2 years. Instead, I have been paying for his schooling so that he can get the job he wants. Now that he is about to finish his schooling and will finally be able to get the job he wants, he is deciding to leave me. I can't believe that I was so stupid to fall for this. We have had some disagreements over the span of our marriage, but regardless of the disagreement topic, it always ends with him blaming me for taking him away from his life in his country. He became a completely different person a couple of months into our marriage. He decided that he no longer wanted children. He refused to take responsibility for any of his actions and blamed me for everything. He would go out late at night and not come home until 3 or 4 in the morning. I kept hoping things would get better and sometimes they did which kept me going for awhile. In spite of everything, I still love him, and it really hurts me to hear him talk so casually about leaving me. Tomorrow he has a major exam that will determine whether or not he passes his final course. He already told me that he is going to fail it on purpose so that he can blame me for things not working out in the United States. He plans to return to his country and continue his life there but keeps telling me that I ruined everything because he will never be able to get his old job back. We had known each other for several years before we started our romantic relationship, but now I feel like he was just fooling me all that time. I spent time with him in his country and never saw this type of behavior. It's like coming to the US gave him the chance to go crazy and become a whole new person. I have offered numerous times to quit my job and go live with him in his country, but he does not want the responsibility of having to support a wife there. (The job situation is not real good). Please if anyone can offer some support, I am heart broken. I know I am not perfect, but I really have tried to make things nice for him here, and I have supported him financially in everything he wants to do.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

have you considered going through marriage counseling?

i hope there may be a miracle for you.

"Family time is very precious and you should cherish every moment of it."

01/20/12 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox.

01/26/12 - NOA1 received and processing at Vermont.

06/28/12 - NOA2 announced on status check.

06/29/12 - NVC received case learned on 07/2/12.

06/30/12 - Hard copy NOA2 received.

07/09/12 - NVC Casefile Number and IIN Issued.

07/16/12 - Receive and Sent DS-3032 via email.

07/17/12 - Mailed DS-3032 via mail, AOS bill received via email, paid online, Optin email sent.

07/18/12 - Optin accepted and new case number, AOS marked paid, emailed AOS packet.

07/24/12 - Assigned as Agent, IV Fee bill received via email, paid online.

07/25/12 - IV Fee marked paid, emailed IV packet.

07/31/12 - Emailed GZO Supplemental Packet 3.

08/02/12 - Case completed and commenced final review.

08/03/12 - Shipped all copies of forms/letters/documents to my wife - arriving on 8/9/12.

08/06/12 - Case completed final review.

08/09/12 - Appointment letter received via email interview date set 9/6/12.

08/14/12 - Medical exam done.

08/15/12 - Medical exam results all normal.

09/06/12 - Submitted required documents at the embassy and interview set next day at 0730.

09/07/12 - Visa approved, click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=10401 .

09/14/12 - Visa received on hand!

10/07/12 - Arrived at NYC! click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-poe-reviews.php?entry=15293

10/20/12 - Received welcome letter from USCIS.

10/25/12 - Green Card received!

"Nothing is more difficult than the art of maneuvering for advantageous positions." - Sun-Tzu

04/27/13 - Submitted DS-160 online for parent-in-laws and sister-in-law.

05/01/13 - Paid DS-160 or MRV Fee Payments on CGI Stanley.

05/03/13 - Made appointment for 05/16/13 on CGI Stanley.

05/16/13 - Arrived at GUZ and impromptu notice on the front it was closed.

05/30/13 - B2 visa interview passed! Read review here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/433263-b2-visa-was-approved-for-parentinlaw/ <p>

"Good ideas are not adopted automatically. They must be driven into practice with courageous patience." - ADM Hyman G. Rickover

08/08/14 - Mailed I-175 application.

08/11/14 - I-175 arrived at VSC.

08/18/14 - Received NOA1 with date 08/12/14.

08/27/14 - Received biometrics appointment for 09/09/14.

02/27/15 - GC in production from email notification.

03/02/15 - Received NOA2 with approval dated 02/25/15.

Filed: Timeline

have you considered going through marriage counseling?

i hope there may be a miracle for you.

Thank you. Yes, I have been. He refuses to go with me. He feels that therapy is too invasive. I forgot to add above that we already have a trip planned to his country in a couple of months, and he plans to just stay there instead of returning with me. I have no desire to go see his family when we are discussing divorce. I don't think there is any way to get my money back if I cancel my flight (and just keep his), so I am really stuck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I am sorry for what happened to you. Sometimes men do that and there is no way to change their mind... what he did to you is utterly unfair. Something like that happened to me and to a friend of mine - a gorgeous and loving woman. This has no reflection on you.

Just let go. He sounds like a user... don't be used anymore. On the bright side, you wasted 2.5 years on this guy, not 10 or 20.

Take care of yourself and things will get better again once he's out of the picture.

(F)

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sorry to hear what you are going through. As for the flight you may not be able to cancel it but you can probably change it for a $200 fee and it won't be a complete loss. Feel like going anywhere else on a trip with the ticket?

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Based on your post, your husband is not interested in being married regardless of your effort to sustain the marriage. If he is not willing to commit to making his marriage a success, it is unfortunate your options are limited. At some point, you'll have to decide when to cut both your financial and emotional losses.

Edited by Leatherneck

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

I really feel you as a woman, my heart would be broken too if i were you. I'm sorry you have to go through this pain.

I wish i could hug you and whisper that you're in my prayers.

Bad things happen in our lives to make us stronger. You'll get better soon.

(F)

Oct 2005 - met my baby

Dec 2006 - he proposed

Feb 2007 - K-1 filed

Dec 2007 - K-1 Visa Interview (denied), the reason: i was overstayed my previous visit in 2000-2003 (my bad)

Feb 2008 - I-601 Waiver filed

Sept 2008 - Waiver approved (K-1 Visa issued)

Jan 2009 - the Wedding Blessing & Reception (Bali, Indonesia)

Feb 2009 - Arrived in the US followed by the Civil Wedding & Reception (again:)

March 2009 - AOS filed

April 2009 - Biometric

May 2009 - EAD card in hand

Aug 27th 2009 - AOS Interview (approved, yaay)

Sept 2009- Green Card arrived in the mail...yippeeeew...(i want to sing of Your Love forever)

June 2011 - ROC filed

July 2011 - Biometric

Dec 2011 - ROC approved (Best Christmas ever, i must've been a really good girl this year :)

The wait would be unbearable but it'll be worth it. It strengthens the love, it attaches you even more to each other, it shows how your man would do whatever it takes to be with you, that he will never give up on you because he LOVES you!! All the waits, stresses, tears, heartaches, all the miserable feelings you feel along the way will be paid off once you get what you've been hoping for...oh and WITHOUT PRAYERS? will be like trying to start a fire with water, JUST WON'T WORK!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thank you. Yes, I have been. He refuses to go with me. He feels that therapy is too invasive. I forgot to add above that we already have a trip planned to his country in a couple of months, and he plans to just stay there instead of returning with me. I have no desire to go see his family when we are discussing divorce. I don't think there is any way to get my money back if I cancel my flight (and just keep his), so I am really stuck.

I am so sorry that you are going through this. Nobody who has been through VJ wants to end up like that. I understand still being in love with him but if he is making you feel like he has used you all this time then you need to do something about it.

If this was me, I would completely cancel out both tickets to his home country. Unless you want him to go back and not return with you. I wouldn't want to go to his country with him either.

I guess I would feel like if I had supported and paid for everything since the beginning then by god he can find his way back home!!!

good luck!

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Filed: Country:
Timeline
If this was me, I would completely cancel out both tickets to his home country. Unless you want him to go back and not return with you. I wouldn't want to go to his country with him either.

I guess I would feel like if I had supported and paid for everything since the beginning then by god he can find his way back home!!!

Well I'd cancel his return flight at least.

If he wants to go back then let him but don't pay for him to easily return to the US.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Sounds like you married a narcissist. I'm so sorry. (F)

Agreed, he needs to get over himself. Start spending your money only on yourself and your own future.

And I would cancel the tickets to his country. It will be worth the loss of money to see the look on his face.

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Sounds like this man may already have all the paperwork necessary to come back into the USA on his own. ( Visa ) I can almost guarantee you that he's coming back and soon but not to your place. Cancel his return flight and let him pay for his return !!! Especially since he says he's not coming back , he shouldn't need a round trip ticket.

I have heard of people saying that only to return to the

U.S. to live as single even if they are still married.

idocare

NSC, NOA1 September 26th,03

received NOA1 in mail Oct. 03,03

RFE - received in mail March 29th,04

RFE returned April 17th,04

RFE received April 21,04 at NSC online

NOA2 received April 29th,04 via online

NOA2 received May 03,04 in mail

NVC receives file May 6th,04

NVC sends file to Nigeria May 11th,04

Lagos receives our file, notified thru e-mail May 19th,04

Victor goes and picks up packet #3....May 20th,04

Sent request for earlier interview date via e-mail May 20th,04

May 27th, Lagos won't change date.

August 16th, 2004 fly to Nigeria for Victors interview

August 19th, 2004 Interview date, visa approved.

August 25th, 2004 Victor picks up passport with visa stamp.

August 26th, 2004 fly back to USA

September 18th, 2004 Victor arrives in USA, Lord willing.

October 9th, 2004, we become husband and wife

October 25th, 2004 I learn that I'm pregnant.

Feburary 25th, 2005 AOS Appointment

( went to appt. and requested a reschedule)

June 7th, 05 gave birth to a boy child.

July 5th, 05 Victor packs he suitcase and leaves for good.

July 2005 2nd AOS appointment

( went and requested a reschedule )

August 2005- I file for divorce. and withdraw immigration paperwork.

Washington State/ Nigeria

Oh, honey !

Just let him go, divorce from him ASAP, even if that hurts really bad. It looks like you're the only one who was emotionally involved in this relationship.

I'm sorry to be blunt, but he's a major JERK !! What kind of man lets his wife pay for his school and then just blame her for what doesn't work out as planned?

You're actually lucky he decided to break it off now. You'll still have time to meet someone and have a family. :thumbs:

Cheer up, from here on it can only get better !!

US Citizen since 08/11/2015.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

1) He treats you terribly.

2) He used you for at least 2.5 years.

3) He didn't care for you enough to have you in his home country and look after you but was happy for you to look after him?

4) He wont try counselling.

5) He took back things he had previously said to you "he doesn't want children anymore"

What has he given you in your relationship? This does not sound like a 2-way relationship at all. It sounds like all give and no take! Not fair!

I hope everything works out for you. I would protect myself if I was you. I would divorce him, discontinue to help him financially and then cut him out of my life so I could start fresh with someone that deserves me and all that I offer. :star:

We became a couple : 2011-05-29
I visited him : 2011-10-28 - 2011-11-17
He visited me (and my crazy family) : 2012-02-05 - 2012-02-17
I-129F Sent : 2012-02-05
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-14
I entered on VWP to stay 3 months: 2012-04-11 - 2012-07-03
---
Went to get my medical done for interview in Australia (much cheaper in the US and I was already here):2012-05-20
Medical issue diagnosed
K-1 petition cancellation request sent to CSC : 2012-06-01
Married: 2012-06-21
Filed for AOS : 2012-08-08
NOA1 : 2012-08-10
Biometrics : 2012-09-14
EAD approved : 2012-10-16
Applied for SSN : 2012-11-01
Received SSN : 2012-11-13
Received interview notice :2012-12-27
Interview- APPROVED :2013-01-28
Green card received :2013-02-04
Baby girl born :2013-03-09

Filed for ROC :2014-12-05
NOA :2014-12-11
Biometrics : 2015-01-15

ROC Approval : 2015-05-14

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.