Fight for Love

reason why other get RFE and other's don't?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

i'm wondering why other filer gets RFE and some other never had??...is it the way they present their I-129F (missing documents maybe) like what kind a doc??

so far as i know i follow ALL the guidelines here in VJ. assuming i didn't missed anything in it lol :bonk:

anyone had that experience(getting the RFE)if ever, what's the problem? thanks!!!

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Anything you can think of: Criminal, missing or unsigned documents. A RFE is not the end. They are asking for futhur information is all.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Missing signatures, signature in wrong spot, missing supporting documents, wrong form versions.. it can be many things.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Ours wanted proof of our relationship. Details and exact text are in the link in my sig below, if you wanna see.

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

They wanted us more documents showing we met in person. So, the only thing we have not sent them, was our passport stamps which we sent them as the RFE reply! AND we are waiting for the Golden NOA2 to be approved!

I'm SAD, want the approval! :crying:

event.png

event.png

AOS I-485:

Package sent: October 10th

NOA1: October 18th

Biometric Letter: October 20th

Biometric apt: November 16th

They wanted us more documents showing we met in person. So, the only thing we have not sent them, was our passport stamps which we sent them as the RFE reply! AND we are waiting for the Golden NOA2 to be approved!

I'm SAD, want the approval! :crying:

oh no...i hope things will be okay for u soon. thank goodness i did provide all of that and about 100 pages of other document our proof of contact(yahoo messenger and fb chat logs) lol

Ours wanted proof of our relationship. Details and exact text are in the link in my sig below, if you wanna see.

i did send all of that too ehehe only missing is i didn't include the condo receipt that we rented. but i will include that for the interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

i'm wondering why other filer gets RFE and some other never had??...is it the way they present their I-129F (missing documents maybe) like what kind a doc??

so far as i know i follow ALL the guidelines here in VJ. assuming i didn't missed anything in it lol :bonk:

anyone had that experience(getting the RFE)if ever, what's the problem? thanks!!!

Some people do not send everything they need, do not fill in the blanks, do not check the boxes. Others do. Everyone THINKS they sent everything "to the best of their knowledge" Why wouldn't they? Who would send it KNOWING it was not complete?

Check the RFE master list thread pinned above, there are about 11,456 reasons for an RFE

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Some people do not send everything they need, do not fill in the blanks, do not check the boxes. Others do. Everyone THINKS they sent everything "to the best of their knowledge" Why wouldn't they? Who would send it KNOWING it was not complete?

Check the RFE master list thread pinned above, there are about 11,456 reasons for an RFE

i agree, sometimes we assumed too much. lol

Mine was the wrong document. I sent a Divorce Journal. (where it says who is responsible for what bill, after the divorce). It was stamped and entered into the county records, but it wasn't the Divorce Decree. Turns out my lawyer never provided me one. ( I now have 3 original copies. :) ) I thought I was sending the right document, the only document of my divorce that I was ever given by my attorney. But it wasn't the right document.

I'll echo everyone else here, read things very carefully, then have 2 or 3 people look over the form, what it asks for, and what you're providing. Make sure at least one or two of them are NATIVE english speakers, we might catch something a non native speaker might miss...

10/19/2011- FedEx'd I-129F

10/20/2011 - Received @ Dallas Lockbox

10/25/2011 - Received E-mail/Text for NOA1

10/28/2011 - Received NOA1 Hardcopy

02/11/2012 - Received E-mail/Text RFE

02/13/2012 - Received Hardcopy of RFE

02/16/2012 - Fedex'd RFE response

02/17/2012 - Received RFE response @ VSC

02/24/2012 - Received E-mail/Text, RFE Response Review

03/07/2012 - Received E-mail/Text for NOA2 (134 days)

03/10/2012 - Received NOA2 Hardcopy

03/13/2012 - NVC Received I129F Approval Packet

03/20/2012 - NVC Sent Packet to Embassy

04/04/2012 - Embassy Received Packet

04/16/2012 - Fiancee received Packet 3.

04/30/2012 - Fiancee responded to Packet 3

06/21/2012 - Interview Date. Visais Approved!.

07/01/2012 - Received Visa from Go2

07/05/2012 - Arrived in USA. Chicago POE.

07/05/2012 - Arrived in Washington.

07/27/2012 - Married (Yea)

09/01/2012 - AOS, AP, EAD Applied for via USPS Registered Mail

09/09/2012 - EMails for all three forms arrived.

09/1?/2012 - NOA 1s for all three arrived.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

And before you pee your pants at the prospect of putting your petition in the mail (or Fedex) for its 6 month oddessy to begin, put the thing away and review the copy of everything you made every day for three days. THEN mail it. Fedex not needed.

I have read 3,762,981 posts that say "I mailed my petition yesterday and I just reviewed my copy and I forgot to ___________________, will I get an RFE?" YES!!!!!!!!!!!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

we received RFE last march 12, and received the hard copy last march 16,and all they want is Passport ID picture of my husband which is included in our mail when we send our application . mailed the needed info yesterday march 17, 2012. . . thats 204 days after received our NOA 1. . lets just be more patients . .

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

For mine, it was for court disposition and police record from a 99 charge. I didn't miss anything, I was told the case was too old to find records. So I attached a letter. They were not satisfied with that. So I went to the police station and got a certified letter from the clerk stating no records available. Then I got the court disposition which is "technically destroyed" from the magistrate. It is stamped as such on the top.

08/01/12-Married08/17/12-Applied for Social Security Card09/23/12-Husband received his Social Security card!09/27/12-Filed AOS09/28/12-AOS package received10/01/12-Text message from USCIS10/03/12-Check cashed10/09/12-NOA1 for I485,I765,I131 AND Biometrics Appointment Letter10/24/12-Biometrics Appointment12/11/12-EAD and AP Approved-75 days12/14/12-EAD/AP Card Production ordered12/21/12-EAD/AP Card came in the mail06/22/13-Green Card Approved06/27/13-Greed Card Production Ordered06/29/13-Green Card came in the mail<p>

04/09/15-Mailed ROC

04/10/2015-Package received

04/14/2015-Check cashed

06/02/2015-Called Service Center (still no NOA1) Service request found out wrong address on paperwork! :(

06/03/2015-Called to get address updated Ar11 online add change didnt work-got infopass for June 10th

06/10/2015-Went to info pass appt. Hubby got a 1yr. Extension stamp in his passport and biometrics done

08/12/2015-ROC Approved. Got letter in the mail.

08/29/2015-received new card in the mail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.