Perseverance

Approved and to the NVC with no notice...

19 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

When I came home from work today I checked the mail and there was a notice from the NVC this is what is said...

Dear Petitioner:

The State Department's National Visa Center has recently received an approved I-129F petition filed on behalf of your fiance. This letter is to let you know that within a week the petition will be forwarded to the appropriate visa-issuing post where your visa interview will take place.

The case will be processed at:

LAGOS

U.S. CONSULATE GENERAL

2 ELEKE CRESENT, P.O BOX 554

LAGOS NIGERIA

Does this mean that we have already been to the NVC and are on the way to Lagos? I never got an approval notice and my status online is still the same. Is there a place that I can go online to track with the case # on the letter?

Heather & Justice,

Fascinating turn of events indeed. I would call the NVC to confirm the information. Sounds very much like an approval to me, without USCIS notification. Call the NVC to verify the information. You will after all, need a NVC case number.

When I came home from work today I checked the mail and there was a notice from the NVC this is what is said...

Dear Petitioner:

The State Department's National Visa Center has recently received an approved I-129F petition filed on behalf of your fiance. This letter is to let you know that within a week the petition will be forwarded to the appropriate visa-issuing post where your visa interview will take place.

LAGOS

U.S. CONSULATE GENERAL

LAGOS NIGERIA

Does this mean that we have already been to the NVC and are on the way to Lagos? I never got an approval notice and my status online is still the same. Is there a place that I can go online to track with the case # on the letter?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

That's an unusual situation, but when I received that letter from the NVC, it meant my petition was on it's way to the Embassy!!

You can call NVC to check the status or you can wait a few days and call the Embassy to see if they received your petition.

Sounds like good news, though! :yes:

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Heather & Justice,

Fascinating turn of events indeed. I would call the NVC to confirm the information. Sounds very much like an approval to me, without USCIS notification. Call the NVC to verify the information. You will after all, need a NVC case number.

Dear Petitioner:

LAGOS

U.S. CONSULATE GENERAL

LAGOS NIGERIA

I agree with William if the NVC sent you this than your case was approved but USCIS did not update your approval on the USCIS website. This happened to me to i mean not recieving an update on the USCIS website i never until this day never recieved an email of our approval i just got the copy of our approval notice in the mail. Even when i called USCIS the message on the phone that you listen to reguarding our status had not changed either. I just found out about it through the mail. And i recieved a letter just like yours about our petition from NVC so it is for real. Your new case number from NVC should be on the letter that you recieved. Good luck and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

AJ1 :thumbs::yes:

7/17/2005----I met the love of my life.

1/18/2006----Arrived in Egypt to visit my love.

5/11/2006----Sent I129F.

6/15/2006----Recieved NOA1.

6/22/2006----Recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/12/2006----Replied to RFE (IMBRA) Sent back.

7/17/2006----Our 1 year Anniversary!!!!

7/19/2006----VSC recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/20/2006----touched

8/18/2006----touched

8/18/2006----NOA2!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!

8/18/2006----VSC sent our petition to NVC.

8/19/2006----touched

8/22/2006----NVC recieved our petition.

8/23/2006----NVC sent our petition to Cairo Embassy.

8/25/2006----Recieved NOA2 Approval letter in the mail.

8/28/2006----Recieved NVC letter with new case number.

8/31/2006----Cairo Embassy recieved our petition.

9/24/2006----I emailed the Embassy reguarding my fiance's packet 3.

10/17/2006--Cairo sent packet 3 for the second time to my fiance. First one was never recieved.

10/19/2006--Packet 3 recieved.

12/20/2006--Packet 3 sent.

12/21/2006--Cairo Embassy recieved packet 3.

2/21/2007---Packet 4 recieved.

3/12/2007---Interview (He Passed)!

3/12/2007---Administrative Processing begins.............God please help me get through this!

7/17/2007---Our 2 Year Anniversay!!!

10/23/2007--7 months and 2 weeks of A/P and still waiting..........God help me!

4/22/2008---2nd Interview ( keep us in your prayers)

4/22/2008--He was approved for the Visa 2-3 weeks until he recieves it in the mail lets hope so!!

6/03/2008--VISA IN HAND! Thank you god!

7/03/2008--Our Wedding Day!

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Timeline

oh sorry it has a case number as well as my receipt number and all that pertinent info.

:time:

Happy to fill in my timeline but with what date??? I dont know when it was actually approved... I only know that the NVC sent me a letter on Oct 2 2006 saying that our case was on the way to Lagos... suggestions?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
oh sorry it has a case number as well as my receipt number and all that pertinent info.

Then you should contact USCIS and request a hardcopy of your NOA2. It'll be needed for AOS.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Heather & Justice,

Since you already have your NVC case number, you are approved.

You should call USCIS and request another NOA-2 (I-797) document, since they failed to send you the first one.

Congratulations on the approval!!! :thumbs:

I just got off the phone with a NVC representative she said that it was sent to Lagos by DHL on 9/29/06
Edited by William33

Timeline
Heather & Justice,

Since you already have your NVC case number, you are approved.

You should call USCIS and request another NOA-2 (I-797) document, since they failed to send you the first one.

Congratulations on the approval!!! :thumbs:

I just got off the phone with a NVC representative she said that it was sent to Lagos by DHL on 9/29/06

THANK YOU very much :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

WOW!! Well, NOA2 or no NOA2 for the moment, I'm THRILLED for you!!

This is stupendous news!!! Hope you're marking it with some sort of celebration--at least once the shock wears off!! :lol:

:dance::star::dancing::jest::dance:

May you absolutely SAIL through the consular portion of the journey!! :thumbs::thumbs:

Edited by Kirsten L

January 2004: Met Laurent at the Bibliothèque nationale in Paris

February 2004: We became an actual couple

January 29th, 2006: I left France to return to the United States--AWFUL to say goodbye!

June 2006: Finally convinced Laurent that a K-1 visa would be more time-effective than trying to get an H-1

August 1st, 2006: The K-1 petition is finally in the mail and on its way to Nebraska...WooHoooo!! And yes, I remembered to attach the check! :-)

August 3rd, 2006: USPS online tracking shows that my petition (sent certified) was received at the NSC at 5:05am

August 14th, 2006: NOA1 received USPS!! (I-129F recv'd at CSC: 8/4; NOA date: 8/10; last touched: 8/11)

October 2nd, 2006: I MISTAKENLY thought we had an approval...False alarm...Back to waiting...

October 3rd, 2006: TOUCHED!!

October 4th, 2006: REALLY AND TRULY APPROVED!!! Email notification lists 10/3 as the NOA2 date.

Later that same day: TOUCHED...AGAIN! Hope that means I'm in a cozy box and moving to NVC this week...

October 10th, 2006: Received official NOA2 via snail mail.

October 19th, 2006: Case received at NVC!! AWESOME!!

October 20th, 2006: Case forwarded to Paris!! DHL says two shipments were headed that way. Must be in there somewhere...

October 27th, 2006: Received official receipt letter from NVC via USPS.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

WOW!!

Alicia (United States) + Juan Francisco (Nicaragua) = AMOR

Timeline:

06-??-05: Met on mission trip in El Salvador...

07-28-05: Said goodbye...sniff, sniff

05-19-06: He was denied the tourist visa by the Embassy in Managua...

06-15-06: I couldn't wait any longer...flew to see him in Managua...

07-??-06: We got engaged.

07-13-06: I flew back to the U.S.

10-03-06: I-129F sent certified express mail

10-06-06: Notice Left, October 06, 2006, 11:29 am, MESQUITE, TX 75185 (um..maybe tomorrow?!)

10-10-06: Your item was delivered at 6:40 am on October 10, 2006 in MESQUITE, TX 75185 to INS . The item was signed for by M S.

10-16-06: NOA1 date...no email...but this is the date on the official copy that they sent to me (it's so pretty!).

10-19-06: Check posted (online banking).

10-20-06: Received NOA1 snail mail.

01-04-07: NOA2 (93 days)

01-11-07: Received NOA2 snail mail.

01-20-07: Letter from NVC: Case will be on its way to Managua within 1 week. (Date on letter: Jan 16).

01-26-07: Fran receives packet three and INTERVIEW DATE.

03-13-07: Interview date. Visa granted! Gracias a Dios.

03-18-07: We fly back to the U.S.

03-22-07: We get married!

06-??-07: We file I-485.

Hold up b/c notice of biometrics appointment doesn't arrive to our never changed address!

I don't really remember the dates b/c I am filling this in half a year later!

12-24-07: We find out we are expecting a little one!

01-??-08: Fran receives his green card.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

That's fantastic!!

Despite the ordeal I've had with this process, I continue to be unrealistically hopeful and now I'm sitting here thinking 'maybe this has happened to me and Sydney will contact me any day'!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.