Jason-Sasha

How's this for a mess??

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Did you formally abandon the CR1 - in writing?

And...I'm certainly not an expert regarding the Russian consulate and it may depend if it's Kiev or not....but I don't think they look at tax returns. Am I right or wrong?

Edited by rebeccajo

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

And...I'm certainly not an expert regarding the Russian consulate and it may depend if it's Kiev or not....but I don't think they look at tax returns. Am I right or wrong?

Kiev is Ukraine so that would not be the consulate...

YMMV

LOL...see I told you I don't know shite!

All I really know is I remember in some of my readings on VJ amazement that some of the eastern european consulates don't use the I-134.

I'm now going back to my corner, keep my mouth shut and stick to UK immigration!

As Uling would say....Cheers!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
I'm now going back to my corner, keep my mouth shut and stick to UK immigration!

Don't go don't go - it's way more fun with you here!!!

LOL...thanks...but I actually just violated one of my own rules.

I've always said one needs to be cautious when talking about consular or visa experience they haven't personally experienced. I just proved my point!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline
By the way...I'm sorry. I hope I didnt offend anyone by saying... "most people here who are applying for a fiance visa (K1) do so with only a short visit or two to the fiancee's country. In fact, I'll bet most havent spent more than a few weeks actual time with their fiancee."

It didnt occur to me until I reread it that it might offend. I didnt mean to undermind anyone who has only actually met their fiancee a few times. I for one know how quickly you can fall in love when the ingredients are perfect. I was simply trying to backup my case that she isn't that type of person. Alibaba and those like him erk me when they doubt someone who is close to my heart. I dont know about you guys but its sometimes hard hearing people say "Oooohh" when you explain your relationship. Anyway, cheers all!

Gotta find out what that form is that should be filed to say I had a previous case at one time. Off to investigate.

Yeah, that really gets me...or you feel like you are trying to fill in the blank spots for them cuz they are just kinda staring at you as you explain your "love story"...and it gets to me when someone doubts a love that we know is so real...and the whole "he's just trying to get to the United States" thing really gets me, too.

Alicia (United States) + Juan Francisco (Nicaragua) = AMOR

Timeline:

06-??-05: Met on mission trip in El Salvador...

07-28-05: Said goodbye...sniff, sniff

05-19-06: He was denied the tourist visa by the Embassy in Managua...

06-15-06: I couldn't wait any longer...flew to see him in Managua...

07-??-06: We got engaged.

07-13-06: I flew back to the U.S.

10-03-06: I-129F sent certified express mail

10-06-06: Notice Left, October 06, 2006, 11:29 am, MESQUITE, TX 75185 (um..maybe tomorrow?!)

10-10-06: Your item was delivered at 6:40 am on October 10, 2006 in MESQUITE, TX 75185 to INS . The item was signed for by M S.

10-16-06: NOA1 date...no email...but this is the date on the official copy that they sent to me (it's so pretty!).

10-19-06: Check posted (online banking).

10-20-06: Received NOA1 snail mail.

01-04-07: NOA2 (93 days)

01-11-07: Received NOA2 snail mail.

01-20-07: Letter from NVC: Case will be on its way to Managua within 1 week. (Date on letter: Jan 16).

01-26-07: Fran receives packet three and INTERVIEW DATE.

03-13-07: Interview date. Visa granted! Gracias a Dios.

03-18-07: We fly back to the U.S.

03-22-07: We get married!

06-??-07: We file I-485.

Hold up b/c notice of biometrics appointment doesn't arrive to our never changed address!

I don't really remember the dates b/c I am filling this in half a year later!

12-24-07: We find out we are expecting a little one!

01-??-08: Fran receives his green card.

Jason

You may like to add an attachment to the I-129F detailing the circumstances of the prior petition and adding any supporting documentation. I say this only because, a conof can only send a petition back to USCIS if there is details not known to USCIS when they approved the petition. Not saying there is going to be issues raised at the interview....my suggestion is a safety measure.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegrams/telegrams_1388.html

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Timeline

All,

Interesting how we carry on about rebeccajo's consulate mistake and ignore the meaningful question she asked.

Jason - did you abandon that old I-130 or did you withdraw it? If the former, it may still be alive, in a coma on life support, waiting for someone to order that the plug be pulled.

Yodrak

LOL...see I told you I don't know shite!

All I really know is I remember in some of my readings on VJ amazement that some of the eastern european consulates don't use the I-134.

As Uling would say....Cheers!

LOL...thanks...but I actually just violated one of my own rules.

I've always said one needs to be cautious when talking about consular or visa experience they haven't personally experienced. I just proved my point!

Edited by Yodrak

Filed: Timeline
Your reply to alibaba was simply too nice. If he comments anything like that on one of my posts I simply will take him out back and give him a big can of whoop @ss... Privately of course.... :D

alibaba writes suspsciously like GREEN/TRAN does..

To the OP: I met my fiance while in college in the UK & I can assure you we've spent tons of time together!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks for all the replies, all! Well, I never notified NVC about my decision to abandon the CR1 visa. In the notice I received for the IV fee bill, it said that if I failed to send in the required documents within a year my case would be terminated. I'm sure it's the same for every case. That year passed back in early summer. I suppose if I cant find any special form or waiver that they require, I could simply submit a letter explaining everything. But i was just worried that wouldnt be the right thing to do. Can I call them and just formally request that that case be erased??? You know what I mean. :) I'm goignt o go through with this anyway, so I'd like to save some time. You would think that a divorce certificate included in my case would explain everything, but we're talking about the Government.

It doesnt really worry me too much that to show my tax history for the last 3 years, if they want it. Those three years are great. Its this year I'm worried about. Perhaps those three years of returns and plenty of paystubs will be enough to prove my income. I'd hate to be required to get a statement from my bank seeing as that account is damn near drained from a hard winter. Does anyone know if Moscow will look past a bank statement if current jobs and earnings, along with tax history are sufficient? Sorry to stretch this issue along. I get so confused with this. Thanks again everyone.

Jason

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Well maybe I can actually help someone for the first time since I joined this group. I was also previously married. I filed the I-130 for my now ex-husband and it was approved and sent to NVC. We decided to get a divorce and I just abandoned it like you. It has been almost 5 years since this happened. I assumed like you that because of the time it wouldn't be a issue and it would already be canceled.

I had an attorney help me with my K-1 visa and he told me he STRONGLY recommended that I make sure my case was canceled. So I went through the process of first finding were it was at (I couldn't remember after 5 years) and to my shock found out it was still at NVC. I was told to send a letter with the following info

Why I wanted case canceled

NVC Case Number

Petitioner’s Name

Beneficiary’s Name

DOB: (for your ex wife)

POB: (where you ex wife was born)

I sent them this info then they asked me to send them my divorce decree.

After I did this they sent my case back to the TSC. Then I had to send the same info to the TSC before my previous case was actually canceled.

June 13, 2006: I-129F Sent

June 27, 2006: NOA1

Sep 13, 2006: Touched

Sep 15, 2006: RFE Sent from CSC to my attorny

Sep 29, 2006: RFE Recieved by me

Sep 30, 2006: RFE Sent back to CSC

Oct 4, 2006: RFE Received by CSC

Oct 7, 2006: Touched

Oct 17, 2006 NOA2

Oct , 2006 NVC Received papers

Nov 3, 2006 NVC Forwarded papers to Juarez

Nov 17, 2006 CDJ mailed Packet

Dec 2, 2006 I received Packet in the mail today

Feb 6, 2007 Medical at CDJ

Feb 7, 2007 Waited for DHL to deliver pictures since he forgot to bring them

Feb 8, 2007 Interview (Was approved to file waiver)

Feb 22, 2007 Filed Waiver at CDJ

Timeline

Wow, interesting! I will call to NVC tomorrow and ask if they need me to do this same thing. If so, I need to do it immediately. Thanks alot for the info. I wonder why they kept your case (active?) for so long.

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

31 May 08 - Married

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Wow, interesting! I will call to NVC tomorrow and ask if they need me to do this same thing. If so, I need to do it immediately. Thanks alot for the info. I wonder why they kept your case (active?) for so long.

Yeah...I have been reading your story and called one of my friends who is an immigration lawyer. She said that you REALLY should send then the termination in writing. Sometime it gets dropped just like you would think after a year or more and othertimes not.

Joel

Timeline

Thanks, Joel. I just got off the phone with NVC. The woman there told me to simply send a request in writing, with various info, to terminate the case. She said the divorce decree wasnt needed because it will need to be included with my new K1 case. She told me to call VSC in the morning and do the same thing with them at the same time. Then , hopefully, I'll be cleared for take-off. Cool. Sounds like a solution.

Now, does anyone have any advice about the financial end. As I said earlier in the thread i've had good tax history and income for years. But 2006 was a disaster for me. I didnt work from January until just recently due to an injury. I lived off of my savings and now have very little in the bank. If I begin this process now or within a few weeks, that step in the process that requires my tax/earnings history will come after the new year. They might require 2004, 2005, 2006 IRS info. I can show very little for this year. Will they accept 2003, 2004, 2005 along with my recent pay stubs (which are more than adequate) to show that I'm worthy? Or will I be screwed because it will be after the new year and 2006 will be a must??? I'm a single man who only has his fiancee. not many options for a co-sponsor. You guys all rock! Thanks for the advice and info.

31 May 08 - Married

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Jason-Sasha,

Did you meet or exceed the stated poverty line of income during 03-05? If so, the injury situation will be understood. You must also consider your household size. If it is just you and your Fiance, you may be ok.

To paraphrase a senior member here, specifically Yodrak, the Consular Officer will consider the "totality of circumstances". That is very sound advice.

If you met or exceeded the poverty line of income during the last 3 years, injury considered, household size minimal, you should be able to carry the load without a co-sponsor.

Now, does anyone have any advice about the financial end. As I said earlier in the thread i've had good tax history and income for years. But 2006 was a disaster for me. I didnt work from January until just recently due to an injury. I lived off of my savings and now have very little in the bank. If I begin this process now or within a few weeks, that step in the process that requires my tax/earnings history will come after the new year. They might require 2004, 2005, 2006 IRS info. I can show very little for this year. Will they accept 2003, 2004, 2005 along with my recent pay stubs (which are more than adequate) to show that I'm worthy? Or will I be screwed because it will be after the new year and 2006 will be a must??? I'm a single man who only has his fiancee. not many options for a co-sponsor. You guys all rock! Thanks for the advice and info.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.