afoyoswa

Any February 2012 filers?

4,866 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Big congratulations on the NOA2s!!

I love to hear your first date stories:) We need to focus on other things than the ohhhs and ahhhs of how long it will take. It's frustrating for everbody....

Our first date: It so long ago that I had to think about it for a second. Actually we had met a few times before our first official first date so I already had a little crush (didn't want to admit it though....) But anyway, our first date we went to see a movie. I think the movie was called "Red October"(?)and was really crappy. What I do remember is that my then date (now fiance)reached for my hand after we sat down to see the movie and I almost died....Oh, the best feeling! Ha ha so funny to remember that exact moment :blush:

Edit: the movie was called October Sky ( I had to google it) Red October is something else....

And maybe the movie is good, I just couldn't focus! :):)

Edited by MissK

K-1

Feb.14 2012: Mailed I-129F

Aug.14 2012: NOA2!! (179 days)

Oct.4 2012: Interview! Approved!

Oct.12 2012: Visa in hand

Dec.02 2012: POE

AOS

March 9 2013 AOS packet sent

March 18 2013 NOA1

April 1 2013 Biometrics done (appointment April 11)

May 25 2013 EAD/AP received

Filed: Timeline

Woohoo to more approvals! Slow but steady...

OKay - let's take a break from all of this waiting and whining and boohooing -

First date?

We met in Canada - I picked him up at the airport (swoon) and he offered to buy me dinner on the way to the hotel. So sweet. Of course after his 10 hour flight he was starving so we had our first meal together at McDonald's. It was lovely. Ignoring the fact that the curb jumped out and hit the front end of the car as I parked, we oohed and ahhed over each other, he tried to contain his shock at the portion sizes, I tried to make sure I didn't have anything stuck in my teeth. The date was capped off when we realized there was a ginormous puddle of puke on the floor about 2 tables over. We could not have planned a better ending. Hard to believe that was 2 years ago.

Anyone else want to play?

I'll play!dancin5hr.gif

We met on OK Cupid (my last attempt at online dating before I was SERIOUSLY going to give up). We had coffee at The Grey Dog in NYC (near NYU) and the rest is pretty much history.

We have plans to go back on November 15th, 1 year after our first meeting!

luv.gif

Edited by MaryNYC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

This is a good idea, talking about something else!

I think our first really date-y date was actually about a year after we met! He wanted to take me to this resort area on Lake Victoria that he knew of (in this context, "resort" was a complex of guest cottages surrounded by a really lovely garden full of people who just come there for the day to relax), and even nicer, instead of taking the usual (ride on the bike of a)motorbike (driven by a roving motorbike-businessperson)-->minibus-taxi-->motorbike route, he even sprang for the luxury route and paid someone with a private car to drive us. We ate fish and chips, took lots of gorgeous photos together, drank lots of my favorite ginger soda, enjoyed the scenery (read: I enjoyed looking at him, haha), and watched the sunset. So special and memorable.

But of course that doesn't quite count! When we were first getting to know each other, though, there were no "dates" because I was his sister/cousin's houseguest and he also lived in her house (along with 15 or 20 other people). So we fell head over heels for each other just sitting around her living room talking as everyone else milled around and watched TV. Very romantic. We eventually admitted being interested in each other in the car after I managed to tag along when he had to drop someone off at the transit area. The car horn kept going off randomly as we sat there talking for eons, which didn't really contribute much to our general aim of surreptitiously escaping the hubbub of the house for some privacy.

Joy (& Aaron, who doesn't read/post here yet)

Dec. 27, 2010: First met each other in Entebbe, Uganda while I was visiting my friend/his cousin (12/27/10 - 1/10/11) (visited again Jul. 2-9, 2011 and Dec. 24, 2011 - Jan. 9, 2012; engaged 1/7/12)

K-1

Feb. 18, 2012: I-129F sent (delivered 2/21 per USPS & USCIS; NOA1 notice date 2/23/12; check cashed/email/text 2/24)

Aug. 9, 2012: NOA2!!! [NOA1 +168 days] (reached NVC 8/17, left NVC 8/20; @embassy 8/24; embassy confirmed receipt 9/5)

Oct. 24 - Nov. 8, 2012: I visited again (Nairobi: medical 10/31; interview 11/5 [NOA1 +256 days]; result--APPROVED!!!!!!!)

Nov. 15, 2012: Visa in hand (was ready for retrieval 11/12/12)

Nov. 20, 2012: POE, Boston!!! (legal marriage 12/12/12; family/friends wedding ceremony 1/12/13) (276 days)

AOS/EAD/AP

Feb. 4, 2013: AOS packet sent (delivered 2/6, NOA1 text/email & check cashed 2/11 midnight)

Feb. 11, 2013: NOA1 notice date for I-485, EAD, AP (I-485/EAD NOA1 hard copies & biometrics appt letter arrived 2/16, badly mangled AP NOA1 arrived 2/27; biometrics done 3/4/13)

Apr. 3, 2013: EAD & AP approved (received card 4/11)

Aug. 16, 2013: I-485 approved & green card production ordered!!!! (card arrived 8/26/13) (193 days)

ROC

2015 sometime? I've slept since then.

Naturalization

Dec. 20, 2019: N-400 submitted online (Boston, MA field office)

Jan. 9, 2020: Biometrics

Feb. 4, 2020: updated wait time = 4 months (estimated case completion June 2020)

Aug. 7, 2020: interview scheduled (!), but no idea when

Sept. 16, 2020: interview, Boston (approved)

Sept. 24, 2020: oath ceremony, Boston---DONE!!! (279 days from submission)

230Hm5.pngxrcBm5.png

Congrats on the NOA2's, actob99 and Nick & Ann!

Rob and I met online playing a game called Urban Dead in 2007. The game is really basic, so groups in the game pretty much talk on message boards similar to this one. Anyway, he and I became friends chatting on the boards, eventually started emailing, then skyping, then, after a year and several months of doing all this, I did the craziest thing I've ever done in my life and bought a ticket to England to meet him. After a nerve-wracking 8 hour flight, he picked me up in Bristol, and we were instantly connected. Our first date, so to speak, was at a mall after he picked me up. It was too early for me to check into the hotel and I was hungry, so we went to a really romantic place called Subway. :lol:

Mary, did your fiance live here for a while when you met him or did he actually fly here after talking to you on OK Cupid?

October 2007- Became friends gaming onlineJanuary 16, 2009- Met in person in UKDecember 25, 2011- Ten visits later, engaged!February 24, 2012- I-129F SentFebruary 29, 2012- NOA 1 ReceivedJuly 13, 2012- RFE email sad.pngJuly 20, 2012-RFE response mailed to CSCJuly 24, 2012-RFE response reviewJuly 26, 2012-NOA2!!!!July 30, 2012-NOA2 Hardcopy ReceivedAugust 3, 2012-NVC received case and forwarded to LondonAugust 6, 2012-Case received by LondonAugust 13, 2012-Packet 3 sent out by consulateAugust 15, 2012-Packet 3 receivedAugust 23, 2012-Mailed affidavit and original forms to Rob via express mailAugust 30, 2012-MedicalSeptember 3, 2012-Packet 3 sent to embassy with DS-2001September 4, 2012-Packet 3 and DS-2001 arrive in LondonSeptember 26, 2012-Packet 4 receivedOctober 11, 2012- lnterview- Result: APPROVEDOctober 18, 2012-Visa in handNovember 15, 2012- POE-ORDNovember 21, 2012- Legal wedding!!November 30, 2012- Applied for SSNDecember 7, 2012- SSN card came in mailDecember 20, 2012- AOS/EAD/AP sent outDecember 27, 2012-AOS/EAD/AP Text/email confirmationDecember 31, 2012-AOS/EAD/AP NOA1 received in mailJanuary 22, 2013-Biometrics appointmentFebruary 15, 2013- EAD/AP approvedFebruary 27, 2013- EAD/AP card arrived in mailApril 6, 2013- Big family wedding!!August 12, 2013-AOS text/email- APPROVED!! <p>May 16, 2015- ROC package sent to CSC August 15, 2015- ROC Approved!

Filed: Timeline

Mary, did your fiance live here for a while when you met him or did he actually fly here after talking to you on OK Cupid?

Yes, we met here in NYC. He was on a tourist visa. (I think sometimes...we should have just run down to the Courthouse before he left). So he had to go back in January crying.gif

The best part of the story is that Julian is a filmmaker and was on OK Cupid not just for himself, but more so to find folks that would be willing to be filmed for a doc he was working on. (One in Eight Million) about dating in NYC. So when we met at The Grey Dog, one of the first things he said after telling me about the documentary was "but your not for the documentary." HAHAHAHA suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuureeeeeeee, he just happened to like me so he kept me all to himself!

One of the girls in the doc said he should film himself and include himself in the doc. I think that's a great idea. Filmmaker sets out to make this doc about online dating only to meet someone himself and set off on his own journey.

Brilliant no?star_smile.gif

Edited by MaryNYC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Ooooh THE first dates;) haha Fun to read how everyone's date went!

We first met 8 year ago when I was in America for a year in Highschool and playing softball. So "technichally" our first date would probably be the haunted house on Halloween, how scary those things can be!!. But thinking I was only 17 back then and since I went back to The Netherlands it took awhile before we seriously started dating again:) That was on a trip to California, beautiful it is over there! On our way back, the last night we decided to make serious steps:) and that on a night someones been in our room and stole his laptop and all haha;) still was a fun last night:D

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just received NOA2 text today we are approved... Good luck to all, there coming.....

ConGraTs :dance:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

we happened to be roommates in grad school in US, that's how we met:) when you are roomies it's hard to tell if you are on a date or not but on Halloween 2009 we knew we were on a date:)

congratulations on the NOA2's, hoping to get ours sometime soon (preferably before the 4th of July)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I LOVE these first date stories - so glad people are playing! :-)

Meg - I would have been so stressed out - you must have been freaking!

Miss K - I concur on October Sky - it wasn't a great flick but as long as you enjoyed the company.

Mary - that's awesome he happened to be in NY - and the documentary is a great story!

Joy - that's great you managed to spend so much time together - and what better way to get to know him than by just hanging out!

Cori - I felt the same way when I booked the flight to Canada - I have never taken such a risk before and I am so glad I did!

Laura - nothing like a night of stolen property to remember your first date LOL!

Ceylo - how exciting to realize you're in love with your roommate! And convenient that they're right next door. :-)

New start to a new week so my optimism is springing back up again! There are sure to be a lot more Feb approvals this week so it's gonna be a good week! Fingerse and toes crossed for everyone!!!

NOA1 : 02/15/12

NOA2 : 08/16/2012

NVC Rec'd : 08/27/2012

Medical : 09/14/2012

Interview : 10/31/2012

POE : 11/16/2012

Marriage : 02/02/2013

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

New member here that has filed the K-1 visa on Feb 16 and now waiting impatiently like everyone else here... Seems like the day will never get here but we are all getting very close. My fiance is from Brazil and we have not seen each other since November and as every day passes it gets more difficult. I hope we hear something in the next week or two.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm not sure that we ever really had a "first date" LOL... Our story is pretty funny.

I have been going down to FL with my parents since I was 8, cause they have a vacation home there, so I've made a bunch of friends. My friend J kept telling Tom that there was a girl (me) that he really thought Tom should meet for YEARS... but Tom refused to meet girls through his friend J, because every time he did, the girl ended up being really crappy LOL. So then J introduced me to my friend M, about 2 years ago... so we were all going out one night, and M says to Tom "Hey, you really should come out and meet Katie... she's actually really cool." So he finally decided to come out. It was the last day of my vacation, and we were going out to dinner, and then meeting some more people at a gay bar in town (no smoking venue + good music! LOL)

M & I were sitting at a table before the boys got there, and Tom tells me the minute he looked in the window and saw my smile, he was totally head over heels. I will admit, he wasn't my "type" looks-wise... but my type had gotten me into lots of trouble, so I just went with it. We flirted the entire night... any time another guy tried to talk to me, Tom diverted my attention LOL... and then he invited the four of us back to his place for a drink. I ended up back at my parents house at around 3:30-4am, and we were leaving to come back to Toronto at 5am, so I basically rolled into the van for the long drive home, still a little tipsy. On the drive home, I got texts from J and M saying that Tom was really smitten, and he really wanted to talk to me, and they gave me his number so that I could decide. We texted the entire way home (very expensive car ride! LOL), and skyped basically as soon as I got in the door. And somehow, despite the distance, it never faded. We skyped every day until he decided to come up to Toronto with M for a week in July... and then he moved up here for 4 months in August.

BTW - M and J are both in my bridal party now :) hehe... I owe it to both of them!

Ex27m5.png MbP5m4.png

VJsig.jpg

Oh I'll play:

We actually were classmates for the last 3yrs of high school (15 years ago)...but other than the occasional smiles and greetings around school, we didn't really talk to each other much. Then fast forward to early Dec 2009, I got a message from him telling me to add him on Facebook. I ignored him until Christmas day when I decided to oblige. We started catching up on the last decade since we left high school and we've not stopped talking ever since (L)

We had our first date near the confluence of the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean sea....'Twas ahhhhhhhhmazing! :luv:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks guys for the congrat's.. Looks like their picking up steam so hopefully lots get approved today..

We met while I was living in the Phils with my past job. I met up with my buddy's sister-in-law and my now fiancee. I was on crutches as I had just broken my anklenat work. We met and had dinner and drinks and we liked eaxh other right away. A few days and dates later we went on a weekend trip to a beach resort with friends and thats where it all began. What a great woman to take care of a guy on crutches right off the bat.

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey Guys, I need support right now.

My fiancee is begining to lose faith on not only our NOA2 but also in the whole process of getting approved. I tell her to not give up but i understand that this process is emotionally draining. Any words of encouragment??? :crying:

United-States-of-America-LH.gif Bryan and Isabel Brazil-Brasília-National-Flag-RH.gif

Gonzalez

Our Timeline

03/02/2011 - Engaged

USCIS / VSC

12/20/2011: Sent I-129F to Dallas Lockbox

02/16/2012: NOA1 Received, Forwarded to Vermont Service Center

XX/XX/2012: NOA2

NVC

XX/XX/2012: NVC received

XX/XX/2012: Case number

US Embassy Rio De Janeiro

XX/XX/2012: Embassy received

XX/XX/2012: Medical

XX/XX/2012: Interview

XX/XX/2012: Visa in hand

XX/XX/2012: POE Newark, New Jersey

FkP5m4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.