B_J

Teacher tells student, "Go back to Mexico"

72 posts in this topic

I'd ask the BF but he speaks about three phrases in Korean. However, they are all dirty so he may know one of these!laughing.gif

I have a buddy like that too. So proud of his Korean heritage yet he's never been to Korea and can't speak any Hangumal.

He doesn't get offended when people joke about his heritage either.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

I have a buddy like that too. So proud of his Korean heritage yet he's never been to Korea and can't speak any Hangumal.

He doesn't get offended when people joke about his heritage either.

The BF's mama (his daddy is white) left home when he was a very little boy, so he grew up sort of straddling both worlds. He plays up the Korean when he wants to. He is also the only person I let call me all sorts of horrible, tasteless epithets.

I do see the irony in getting riled up about this but allowing the man I love to call me tenderly something horrible.

Edited: okay, I removed the epithet before a mod could. :P

Edited by Honey Crumpet

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

You know this comments reminds me of that show "Jon and Kate plus 8". In some random scene from some random episode I happened to catch (must have been a slow day :S) I recall those children teasing each other by saying "I look more Asian than you!" It was apparent to me that in order to teach those kids pride in their Asian side their parents made it seem worse to look American, that rather than being as good as everyone else (no matter what they or others look like) they said they were MORE special because they were Asian looking. This shows just how easy it is to make the wrong impression on little kids and I think that's what's happened with this kid... just as you said. Someone told him that being Mexican makes him better and more special than everyone else.

I will say though in some of my homesickness days where I lament the loss of good milk, bread, cheese, chocolate etc that some American's have, in their frustration with me, said "well then go back to Australia". Sometimes it's not about wanting to go back. Sometimes I just need to talk about what I miss (like summer when it's winter etc).

For such an experienced and well-respected teacher her reaction just makes me thinks he's probably done it before and she just finally had enough. I don't think there's really anything wrong with it, it was a valid comment and brought out of frustration, not discrimination.

You're probably right, this was most likely not the first time that brat got on this teachers nerves. That day, her cup was probably full with regards to him, and that outburst pushed her over the top. She didn't get to be a two-time Teacher of the Year by having confrontations with students, this teacher was experienced and knew how the game is played.

With regards to the "well then go back to Australia" comment made by some, that shows they did not understand the difference between one making a comparison about his/her native land and products with those of America verses being fond of and lamenting missing certain items. Any American that has traveled to Europe and/or other countries, knows there is better cheese, chocolate, bread, wine, etc., etc., to be had.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

:crying:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

I doubt it. The levels of bureaucracy within the administration of public schools are out of control, all in the name of "greater accountability." There are rules that school boards (and yo, this is Texas we're talking about, not the Bay Area) set in place and they have to follow them lest they break their own rules, no matter how nutso they may seem (and probably are). Add years upon years of reactive rule-making to deal with every little matter and you end up with a 23-page report for one stray comment.

Perhaps if the guidelines allowed for greater flexibility rather than mandating processes that result in OTT responses like what happened here we could avoid such situations.

You have a point and it's well known the amount of bureaucracy spewed forth by local and state education boards fills volumes. Countless trees have given their lives for the sake of creating a manual and policy about the size, shape, color, capacity and the number of trash bins and how they are to placed on a school campus. Even 'how to' remove a screw would equal a novel in size.

I know they have all those layers to take cover from the craziness of litigation, real and perceived.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

Timeline

The BF's mama (his daddy is white) left home when he was a very little boy, so he grew up sort of straddling both worlds. He plays up the Korean when he wants to. He is also the only person I let call me all sorts of horrible, tasteless epithets.

I do see the irony in getting riled up about this but allowing the man I love to call me tenderly something horrible.

You mean I missed it! :crying:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

She should have sent him to ISS (In school suspension) and if they don't have ISS, then they need to analyze that in their report instead. Teachers are dealing with 100-150 students per day and all their little idiosyncratic, snarky, obnoxious, button-pushing behaviors. This kid doesn't know that he speaks Spanish? Send him to ISS where he can't speak at all. There has to be consequences for student behavior.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

...and with that the level of discourse drops once more.

Why is it appropriate to whip a child repeatedly for this? We all -- even pinko commie libruls like me -- seem to agree here that the child was being disruptive. The teacher said something stupid but should not have been officially reprimanded and this got WAY bigger than it ever should have been.

Frankly I'd rather see the administration pilloried for making a tempest in a teacup.

You been going on and on against the teacher, what makes you think the kid has the right in the class to scream in class "I am Mexican"?

So a kid in the class can scream he is Mexican and does it mean he should be getting special attention.... com on.

If he is so proud to be Mexican then go to Mexico and live for week then ask him if he is American or Mexican.

She should have sent him to ISS (In school suspension) and if they don't have ISS, then they need to analyze that in their report instead. Teachers are dealing with 100-150 students per day and all their little idiosyncratic, snarky, obnoxious, button-pushing behaviors. This kid doesn't know that he speaks Spanish? Send him to ISS where he can't speak at all. There has to be consequences for student behavior.

They're not allowed to punish students anymore. A kid who is any of those things listed above is not a problem.... they're an opportunity!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

They're not allowed to punish students anymore. A kid who is any of those things listed above is not a problem.... they're an opportunity!

Well, I sent 6 kids to ISS today in just one class. So it is possible, but the administrators have to make it possible.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

You been going on and on against the teacher, what makes you think the kid has the right in the class to scream in class "I am Mexican"?

So a kid in the class can scream he is Mexican and does it mean he should be getting special attention.... com on.

If he is so proud to be Mexican then go to Mexico and live for week then ask him if he is American or Mexican.

You seem to have a problem with reading comprehension. I have repeatedly said that the child was being disruptive and should be disciplined. On the contrary, I have repeatedly said I thought the teacher should not be disciplined.

Furthermore, it is not uncommon in this country for Americans to identify with being "from" another country, even if one has never been there. I do not do this. If you, for example, identified as "being Syrian," though you'd never stepped foot in the place, should you be castigated for being technically incorrect and then be indoctrinated into all of your American-ness by a one-week holiday in Damascus?

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

maybe she should have also given him a medal ..... for being mexican ...

This makes no sense. No one deserves a medal for being who they are. Now, maybe the parent's are more deserving because theyhave something more to do with it... :whistle::bonk:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Timeline

I mean like ####### man? You might do better with the VJ FB crowd seeing how they think a lot like you in regards to censorship against anything they see as not being politically correct.

You prefer being racist and insensitive? You do realize you can disagree without being disagreeable. Politeness is just making the people around you feel comfortable. Unless, of course, you think there is something fundamentally wrong with people of certain races, nationalities, sexual preferences, and ideologies.

Filed: Other Timeline

This is a serious enough case to investigate whether or not the child was abducted from Mexico. If I had a say in this, ICE would have immediately visited the boy's parents at home and check his and the parent's citizenship or immigration status. Who knows, perhaps the child and his parents are unlawfully present in the U.S and need to be reunited with their home country ASAP?

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915