gugu24

Just recieved Packet

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Today we recieved the Packet of instructions. I am feeling really confused now and a bit discouraged that we can complete everything in time to get back to USA before the birth of our baby in January. Everything they are asking for is exactly what we just sent them a month ago when they sent us a letter requestiong documents and evidence. How can I gather what they already have? The only thing They dont have is medical and Police check. They have all our family affidavits of our relationship, all our photos, my birth certificate( which most of you know is what was holding our case up, I only have the one they took since they asked for the originals of everything) So now what am I suppose to do? they also mentioned the police certificate can take up to 3 months to obtain. In 3 months we will be having our baby and if born here then we will have to stay longer in order to get the baby's passport and birth certificate from both Japan and USA. Because of the Embassy's screw up with our last daughter's birth certificate it took 1 year just to get her certificate sent to us. I really thought that recieving this packet would be a happy moment but now It's like torture.

I also read in the instructions that the medical in Japan will cost well over $200 not including cost of vaccinations, which I will need all required to go to USA since my father recently told me discarded my vaccination records and some other papers of mine! :(

ARR.jpgaug06ayeshaB.jpg

Meeting Online: Yahoo chartroom Aug 2001.

Direct meeting & marriage: Dec 2003 USA, NY

I-130 petition in DCFR Tokyo: March 14th 2004. Case reffered to DHS USCIS

Four visits to japan in 2004: Oct 2004, wife got pragnant.

Wife/Fiance left USA and moved into Japan: Feb 5th 2005.

Baby Born: June 24th 2005(Japan)

I-130 denied: July 17 2005(Divorce was declared not valid)

Refiling Divorce: oJuly 17th 2005 NY State.

Divorce granted: Nov 17th 2005

K-1 application: Mar 1st 2006

Approval: May 23rd 2006

US consulate RFE: June 15th 2006

FRE sent (Original passports, birth certificate, all origional docs): July 10th 2006

Medical: Oct 11th 2006.

Interview: Nov 10th 2006(expected)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear this. Maybe things will look better in a few days and it will not feel so impossible. Maybe someone will have advice on what to do. I wish I could say more, I feel your frustration and hope that it gets better. I wish I could offer more help...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

This forms aren't always well written. Perhaps they just want you to send what you haven't already provided. Perhaps your correspondence has crossed in the mail. I would call tomorrow and clarify - I'm sure it will all be okay. :)

gugu24,

You need to contact the Embassy for clarification, as to what exactly they require to continue to process your case. Clearly, it does not make sense to require the entire battery of evidence and forms again, as you submitted those just 30 days ago. You will probably find that someone just sent you the "standard" package. Contact the Embassy.

Vaccinations: As others have posted here, some doctors can test your blood for "antibodies" indicating what vaccines that you already had. Search this site for further on that.

Police report: Is your attorney based in Japan? Perhaps she can help you with that?

Today we recieved the Packet of instructions. I am feeling really confused now and a bit discouraged that we can complete everything in time to get back to USA before the birth of our baby in January. Everything they are asking for is exactly what we just sent them a month ago when they sent us a letter requestiong documents and evidence. How can I gather what they already have? The only thing They dont have is medical and Police check. They have all our family affidavits of our relationship, all our photos, my birth certificate( which most of you know is what was holding our case up, I only have the one they took since they asked for the originals of everything) So now what am I suppose to do? they also mentioned the police certificate can take up to 3 months to obtain. In 3 months we will be having our baby and if born here then we will have to stay longer in order to get the baby's passport and birth certificate from both Japan and USA. Because of the Embassy's screw up with our last daughter's birth certificate it took 1 year just to get her certificate sent to us. I really thought that recieving this packet would be a happy moment but now It's like torture.

I also read in the instructions that the medical in Japan will cost well over $200 not including cost of vaccinations, which I will need all required to go to USA since my father recently told me discarded my vaccination records and some other papers of mine! :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

I am so sorry to hear about this. I also am sorry for all the disappointment you feel. Take a deep breath and pray that everything goes smoothly when you contact the embassy. I am praying for you and your family that all of this gets worked out.

You are in my thoughts!!!

Andreas & Bridgett

3dflagsdotcom_greec_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

Kisses.jpg

January 29, 2006 - WE GOT ENGAGED!!

March 20, 2006- mail K-1 VISA (certified & return receipt).

March 22, 2006 - Vermont office receives our application.

March 23, 2006 - NOA1

March 24, 2006 - Check is cashed

April 22, 2006 - Receive email from USCIS that RFE is mailed for more information.

April 28, 2006 - Receive RFE in the mail. Need final divorce decree from Andreas.

June 20, 2006 - 2nd RFE (IMBRA)

June 23, 2006 - Received RFE (IMBRA) in the mail.

June 24, 2006 - FedEx IMBRA RFE to Vermont office.

June 27, 2006 - Vermont Office received IMBRA RFE.

July 3, 2006 - Touched

July 12, 2005 - Fedex request for extension for the 1st RFE.

July 17, 2006 - Deadline for 1st RFE.

July 18, 2006 - Touched

July 19, 2006 - Touched

July 20, 2006 - Touched

August 6, 2006 - Touched

August 17, 2006 - Touched and email that a letter has been sent with regards to RFE.

August 23, 2006 - Letter received, we got the extension I requested, they allowed us 3 MORE MONTHS!!!

October 27, 2006 - Papers mailed by courier from Athens.

Hey Gugu, hang in there, and from my perspective contacting the embassy (again I am sure) is your best bet. Hopefully things will straigten out in a quick hurry. Good luck!

You have a ton of people pulling for you on this site! :yes:

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Your packet sounds like just the standard packet that goes out. I would call them and verify that you can do what I am suggesting just to be on the safe side. I would get my police and medical done and then send a cover letter stating that the items they are asking for you submitted on such and such date already to them in advance. I know in our CR1 packet it asked for the financials again and if they are already submitted to NVC stateside you just write a cover letter and explain that they were already submitted. Good luck!

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Oh, gugu...how incredibly frustrating and worrisome...I'm praying for you and for the situation this morning. I know how badly this needs to be resolved. God does, too. He has a way of turning things around when the clock is running out...I believe He has all of this under control--regardless of whether the feds do or not! I have faith at LEAST as big as a mustard seed on your behalf...Mountains are going to move...

:yes::yes::yes:

Please keep us closely posted. Well, I know you will. And if there's anything else I can do besides pray, please don't hesitate to let me know...

January 2004: Met Laurent at the Bibliothèque nationale in Paris

February 2004: We became an actual couple

January 29th, 2006: I left France to return to the United States--AWFUL to say goodbye!

June 2006: Finally convinced Laurent that a K-1 visa would be more time-effective than trying to get an H-1

August 1st, 2006: The K-1 petition is finally in the mail and on its way to Nebraska...WooHoooo!! And yes, I remembered to attach the check! :-)

August 3rd, 2006: USPS online tracking shows that my petition (sent certified) was received at the NSC at 5:05am

August 14th, 2006: NOA1 received USPS!! (I-129F recv'd at CSC: 8/4; NOA date: 8/10; last touched: 8/11)

October 2nd, 2006: I MISTAKENLY thought we had an approval...False alarm...Back to waiting...

October 3rd, 2006: TOUCHED!!

October 4th, 2006: REALLY AND TRULY APPROVED!!! Email notification lists 10/3 as the NOA2 date.

Later that same day: TOUCHED...AGAIN! Hope that means I'm in a cozy box and moving to NVC this week...

October 10th, 2006: Received official NOA2 via snail mail.

October 19th, 2006: Case received at NVC!! AWESOME!!

October 20th, 2006: Case forwarded to Paris!! DHL says two shipments were headed that way. Must be in there somewhere...

October 27th, 2006: Received official receipt letter from NVC via USPS.

Your packet sounds like just the standard packet that goes out. I would call them and verify that you can do what I am suggesting just to be on the safe side. I would get my police and medical done and then send a cover letter stating that the items they are asking for you submitted on such and such date already to them in advance. I know in our CR1 packet it asked for the financials again and if they are already submitted to NVC stateside you just write a cover letter and explain that they were already submitted. Good luck!

Mary

I agree with Mary. Information packets are generic and if you have already submitted certain information you shouldn't need to resubmit it. Supply what hasn't already been submitted. A check with the embassy/consulate wouldn't go astray, but then again, you often can get a standard generic answer as well.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.