doodlebug

Have you turned on the heat yet?

53 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

we keep it anywhere from 62 to 65...it's confusing in northern WI, too. Today it got up to 80...only a few days ago, it was 50ish in the day and supposed to be 28 at night, and it did dip to just over 30. It's too soon for that! That said, Autumn is my favorite season, so I'm all about the sweaters too...we only turn it on when it's getting pretty cold at night... M.

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

ac is on 62 right now :))

I lived in South FL for most of my life...no heat needed.

I came up to Central FL and very occassionally it can get cold to where the heat's needed.

But then I went to live with D in the North of England and was given a crash course of what cold really is :lol: Even then, our house was nicely insulated and there wasn't the need for heat all the time...it's too dry and ####### really. We'd have a fire on when in the lounge but in bed, we'd sleep with no heat on just snuggling under two duvets...and we'd keep each other warm. Even would crack a window every now and again :lol: It was lovely.

Edited by LisaD

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
I couldn't take it anymore and just turned the heat on in my house. It's in the mid-fifties outside I think and it's about 60ish in here but my tootsies are cold!! :P

The house smells like that smell you get when you turn the heat on for the first time. Wonder what the oil bill will be like this year. Last year it was around $700 a whack but prices have gone down since then I think.

Well if I were in Detriot maybe I would, but since I am here...snaaaps yesterday seemed like the hottest ever... even the concrete was steaming.... Wooooa no A/c or fans.... I am dying here :(
It's 72 here in Detroit and it's supposed to be 76 tomorrow. No heat for me!
Wow really? In MI 72 and 76 this time of year? Snaaaaps it is usually starting to snow by now... :lol:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I live in southeast Texas and we have some crazy weather here. Last year when hurricane Rita came through here and knocked out the power for 2 weeks I thought I was going to die and it was towards the end of Sept and early part of Oct. In December and January we might use the heater one day and the air conditioner the next..Right now I am anxious for some temperatures in the 50's. Tired of being hot!!

Lavon USA

Othman MOROCCO

I seriously thought about it when I woke up this morning....certainly feels like autumn this morning here in the UK

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

No, but we generally don't either until it regularly gets below 10C at night and even then...

We don't directly pay for heat was it is part of our nebenkosten, but I see no reason to really waste it because of that. I like the cold, especially at night.

Gotta love missouri...we've been trying to do without heat and a/c...days last week were fantastic!!! nice and cool and nights were really cool ..just perfect for sleeping....today its going to be in the low 90's so I may turn the a/c on ..... my house is like a heat pit...if its the least bit hot outside..my house heats up like mad! I refuse to turn the heat on until the first frost..maybe the 2nd...just depends on when my husband forces me to shut the windows....

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I still run the a/c off and on. The weather here is always crazy. One year I wore shorts to go pick out a Christmas tree, and the next week, it was in the 30's.

I don't think we'll be turning the heat on until late November, if that.

4/15/06- Visa in hand!!!

4/21/06 Arrival in U.S.

5/11/06 Legal Marriage

11/4/06 Wedding

AOS

6/12/06 AOS, EAD, and AP papers sent off

6/26/06 NOA1 Date

7/17/06 Biometrics done

8/04/06 Case transferred to CSC

8/8/06 Case received at CSC

9/21/06 Greencard received!!!!

8/31/09 Naturalization- Done with USCIS

Between 70 - 95 here, no heat for me in Oklahoma!

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

Yes, swapped from AC to heat recently.

My current apartment (I will be moving soon to Jessup) has a strange digital thermostat installed in March. In heat mode, you cannot put temp over 72 F, but you can do so in AC (cooling) mode.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Yes, swapped from AC to heat recently.

My current apartment (I will be moving soon to Jessup) has a strange digital thermostat installed in March. In heat mode, you cannot put temp over 72 F, but you can do so in AC (cooling) mode.

Thats actually kinda cool.

James & Sara - Aug 12, 05

Humanity... destined to pass the baton shortly.