doodlebug

Have you turned on the heat yet?

53 posts in this topic

Yes, swapped from AC to heat recently.

My current apartment (I will be moving soon to Jessup) has a strange digital thermostat installed in March. In heat mode, you cannot put temp over 72 F, but you can do so in AC (cooling) mode.

Thats actually kinda cool.

But, Pras finds that temp COLD (well, she has only once been in a cold area--Anantnag for 32 days--before coming to US).

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hell no..i live in illinois and still have the windows open..don't turn the heat on till december

Edited by almaty

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Timeline

Yes, I'm experiencing crazy Missouri weather as well. The prediction is 95F/35C for today. It felt like the reptile house in the local zoo at home last night.

My Mrs is from California so she 'likes' this appalling heat. However when temperatures get below 65F/18C then the fun begins. We'll sit on the sofa watching TV with a fan blowing cold air for me at one end and the heater warming her up at the other.

Filed: Timeline

I would have turned my heat on a few days ago if I could have. It got down to 38° one night last week. However, my gas was shut off in June, and they want $885 to turn it back on. (I owe them $335) The house stuff is more important at the moment. ie: having walls in the bedroom would be good.

5.jpg

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I would have turned my heat on a few days ago if I could have. It got down to 38° one night last week. However, my gas was shut off in June, and they want $885 to turn it back on. (I owe them $335) The house stuff is more important at the moment. ie: having walls in the bedroom would be good.

5.jpg

ha ha ha L.. just when I'm feeling overwhelmed with projects, your posts always make me feel better! :P

(sorry!)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Its in the low frigid 70's here time to break out the parka :)

I never use a heater in Socal this summer was first summer in 3 years that we actually used an AC, that is the main reason why I like living in SoCal. the weather, other than that i am getting sick of the over population, traffic,

gewelcome-vi.gif

3dflagsdotcom_japan_2faws-vi.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE:Like you all, I am not an attorney ; I am a layperson (I have laid a lot of persons ) My advice is based on Experience obtained by filing ourselves

AOS met in Japan 1994 married 10/2004

DO:Los Angeles,Ca.

6/17/06 Forms Sent (I-130, I-485, and I-765)

6/19/06 RD I-130,I-485, I-765

6/26/06 NOA rcvd

7/15/06 Biometrics complete Day 22

8/4/06 Interview Notice Rcvd Day 42

9/9/06 EAD Card Received :)Day 78

9/13/06 SS Card Received :)Day 82

9/27/06 AOS Interview Los Angeles APPROVED LPR Day 96

12/04/06 Welcome To the United States Letter received

12/08/06 Green Card Received- expires 12/2016

My PG&G bill was $33.00 dollars this month lol the lowest ever so far since we moved in our new place compared to our old place. We were paying like almost $200.00 every month. The gas bill is covered in the monthly rent.

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Moving from Toronto to West/Central TX, I don't think I'll ever be turning on the heat. I burned my longjohns & mittens before I moved :lol:

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277