CBKRELLIK

How can we be together?

9 posts in this topic

Hello I was wondering how everyone else gets through this difficult time. My fiance and I are looking to get married in the U.S. as soon as possible. I see the procedure from the I-29F petition until the time the visa is granted can be quite some time. My question is, in your experience, is there a way that she can come here as a visitor, without a visa, for the 90 days while we apply for it. What I mean is, it seems that she must stay in her country and I'm currently not able to go to hers, how do they expect applicants to be apart from the person they love for several months? Any information or experience would be great to hear since I can't seem to get a straight answer from USCIS or Dept. of State. Thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It is to my understanding, that while a immigration petition is pending for fiance/spouse, that a visitor visa would not be granted. Being apart from the one you love for 6-9 months is well worth the lifetime that you will spend together in the end.

Our CR1 Timeline

04/19/11: I-130 package sent to Chicago Lockbox

04/21/11: Package delivered

04/25/11: NOA1 via text and email; petition routed to VSC

04/27/11: Touched

6/23/11: NOA2 via text and email

6/27/11: NOA2 rec'd in mail

6/29/11: NVC case # assigned

7/1/11: Rec'd I-864 bill via e-mail

7/1/11: Rec'd request for DS-3032 via e-mail

7/2/11: E-mailed DS-3032 to NVC

7/8/11: Rec IV bill via e-mail

7/15/11: Paid I-864 bill

7/30/11: Mailed I-864 package

7/30/11: Paid IV bill

8/2/11: IV bill shows "paid"

8/10/11: Per operator I-864 rec'd and accepted and processed with no RFE

8/12/11: Rec'd packet 3 (DS-230 cover sheet/check list)

10/5/11: Mailed DS-230

10/7/11: DS-230 rec'd by NVC per tracking

10/12/11: Case complete per live operator (just waiting for interview apt now)

12/6/11: Medical complete and in hand...yay

12/12/11: Interview-APPROVED

12/20/11: Visa in hand

5/3/2012: POE

6IwJm4.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hello I was wondering how everyone else gets through this difficult time. My fiance and I are looking to get married in the U.S. as soon as possible. I see the procedure from the I-29F petition until the time the visa is granted can be quite some time. My question is, in your experience, is there a way that she can come here as a visitor, without a visa, for the 90 days while we apply for it. What I mean is, it seems that she must stay in her country and I'm currently not able to go to hers, how do they expect applicants to be apart from the person they love for several months? Any information or experience would be great to hear since I can't seem to get a straight answer from USCIS or Dept. of State. Thank you

you are not the first NOR the last..

its called patients.. if you want to do to legally..

read these and compare this towards your needs..

http://www.visajourney.com/content/compare

ps.. if there was an EASY way to do this.. then Ten's of THOUSANDS of People would have ALREADY done it :)

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

What country is your fiancée from? If she is from a VWP country then she can visit during the process but she will need to bring strong evidence of ties to home (letter from her employer, lease/mortgage on her home etc) to show that she will not stay once she is admitted. And there is always a chance that she will not be admitted - it is up to the CBP officer on the day.

01/27/2011 - Trevor's N400 submitted
02/18/2011 - Married
04/02/2011 - NOA1 hard copy received - priority date 03/30/2011
07/08/2011 - Trevor is now a USC - called USCIS to request upgrade of the petition.
08/02/2011 - NOA2
09/08/2011 - LND case number received, medical booked
09/26/2011 - Case complete at NVC
09/30/2011 - Interview date assigned
11/08/2011 - Interview - approved!!
11/10/2011 - Visa in hand
12/04/2011 - POE in Atlanta
12/12/2011 - SSN number received in mail
12/12/2011 - Welcome notice received
01/06/2012 - Green card received
09/06/2013 - File for Removal of Conditions
10/01/2013 - Biometrics for ROC
02/03/2014 - Card production email received

02/17/2014 - 2nd card production email received

02/28/2014 - 10 year Green card received

No visa no traveling. Unless your fiance is in a country that has visa vaiwer program, then it would be possible to travel, marry and then return to residence country while a CR-1 is processed (which roughly is 9-12 months). If not, a tourist visa will do, to come in here, get marry and then return home while CR-1 is in process.

You don't explain why you cannot go to hers, if it's legal or time/work reasons. Perhaps a third country could be a solution, but in that case, make sure you understand the requirmeents for marriage in that 3rd country; not all are easy as the US.

How does USCIS expect people to be apart? Not sure that they care, their job is to weed out fraud (which is more frequent than you would think.) I guess that is the price and burden to marry a foreigner. We all here have gone (or are going) thru the process and except for a few exceptions, we all here have waited whatever time it took.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

The USCIS assumes everyone is guilty until proven innocent, i.e. in their minds, if your fiancee is allowed to enter the country, she will not leave after the 90 days. To avoid dealing with their condescending paranoia, visit her in her country or travel to meet up in some third country.

“The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was.
Lovers don't finally meet somewhere.
They're in each other all along.”

Jalal ad-Din Rumi

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

If she is from a Visa Waiver Program country, she will need to go through the ESTA process to be able to travel to the US without a visa for up to 90 days.

The VWP and ESTA permits her to visit the US without a visa. However, it does not mean she will be allowed to enter the US. She will need to prove she is visiting and not cheating the system by moving to the US on her "visit."

They expect you to be apart because that's life. The US will inquire about her background because she will eventually ask for a green card that is a pathway to US citizenship. If someone marries a terrorist, would you want this person to automatically be able to come to the US? Wouldn't you want a background check? Everyone goes through the background check. No one is exempt. This takes time. Time where you and your love will be separated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

They expect you to be apart because that's life. The US will inquire about her background because she will eventually ask for a green card that is a pathway to US citizenship. If someone marries a terrorist, would you want this person to automatically be able to come to the US? Wouldn't you want a background check? Everyone goes through the background check. No one is exempt. This takes time. Time where you and your love will be separated.

Well, in all honesty the applications spend the majority of their time at the USCIS gathering dust, waiting to be processed. The background checks are actually really quick. And the vast majority of people are not "terrorists", whatever that means. But you are right, we all suffer the consequences of this fear mongering.

“The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was.
Lovers don't finally meet somewhere.
They're in each other all along.”

Jalal ad-Din Rumi

Sorry to be so blunt, but you made the decision to fall in love with a person from another country, therefore it is up to you find a way to deal with the separation. Everybody on this web site has been in your shoes. It is part of the process of immigration and unfortunately there are no shortcuts. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.