hockeybrain

How to fill out I-693 when foreign parents do not know English?

24 posts in this topic

Wife is US citizen after more than 7 years of marriage to born American.................now wants to sponsor her parents from Russia. So, we need for both parents I-130 and I-485 to submit a direct consulate filing for them. They can get all the documents certified translated over in Russia and DHL to us no problem when we fill out both applications for them, but the problem is the I-693. Supposedly we need to submit it with the I-485 packet but the majority of the form is completed by the civil surgeonwith the exception of Part I. So, I assume we only submit part I and the Moscow embassy when they schedule the interview will schedule the examination with the civil surgeon, give them whatever additional vaccines they might need etc. and then complete the process. Am I completely wrong with my assumption. Or, should we fill out the top portion of I-693, send it to them, have them go to the civil surgeon and complete the document and then send on us for when we mail in the concurrent I-130 + I-485?

Thanks for all the help.

P.S. Parents have visited the US on visitor visa numerous times and have never overstayed visas etc.

Sincerely,

Edited by hockeybrain

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I think you are confused with the process. Your wife would petition her parents, they would not do anything to do with the Moscow embassy until the petition is approved in the USA and the file sent to Moscow several months down the road. No I-485 is needed, and no civil surgeon- though they will have a medical shortly before their interview. More in the helpful VJ Guides here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/immigration-parents

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Have you obtained a quote for medical insurance.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Have you obtained a quote for medical insurance.

Boiler do you sell medical insurance?

I-130 SENT 2012/01/20

I-130 NOA1 2012/01/24

I-130 NOA2 2012/06/12

NVC receiv 2012/07/02

NVC case # 2012/07/13

DS-3032 emailed 2012/07/13

AOS paid 2012/07/20

AOS sent 2012/07/23

DS-3032 Accepted 2012/07/24

IV paid 2012/07/25

IV/DS-230 sent 2012/07/26

RFE missing pay stubs 2012/08/03

Case completed 2012/08/16

Inteview Date 2012/10/16

221g (new co-sponsor and proof of domicile for my son) crazy stuff!

Timeline

Absolutely not.

But amazing how many people seem to consider this as an afterthought with elderly parents.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

hockeybrain how old are your parents? just curious if you don't mind!

Edited by benuk

I-130 SENT 2012/01/20

I-130 NOA1 2012/01/24

I-130 NOA2 2012/06/12

NVC receiv 2012/07/02

NVC case # 2012/07/13

AOS paid 2012/07/20

AOS sent 2012/07/23

IV paid 2012/07/25

Inteview Date 2012/10/16

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

You would need to read the guides. Your wife will file the I-130 in the US to start the process. After that there are other steps and forms to file along with additional fees. After the US citizen's part is done the information is sent to the Consulate where the interview will take place and they will be sent a packet with all the forms to file and instructions on what steps are needed for them to apply for the visa. Overall you are looking at about a one year process.

:guides:

Timeline

You would need to read the guides. Your wife will file the I-130 in the US to start the process. After that there are other steps and forms to file along with additional fees. After the US citizen's part is done the information is sent to the Consulate where the interview will take place and they will be sent a packet with all the forms to file and instructions on what steps are needed for them to apply for the visa. Overall you are looking at about a one year process.

Simple! :thumbs:

6 to 8 months average!

I-130 SENT 2012/01/20

I-130 NOA1 2012/01/24

I-130 NOA2 2012/06/12

NVC receiv 2012/07/02

NVC case # 2012/07/13

AOS paid 2012/07/20

AOS sent 2012/07/23

IV paid 2012/07/25

Inteview Date 2012/10/16

Instructions allow for I-130 (I-864 etc.) and I-485 to get submitted at the same time. Parents are in their 50's. No opinion on health care from me. I assume the answer is fill out both applications, submit and the top portion of the I-693. The civil surgeon will fill out the rest of the I-693 when they go to Moscow (I assume).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

that is for AOS (I-130 + I-485) processing, not for VISA (I-130 submittal) processing.

Which do you wish to do, really?

Your assumption on the answer should be based on where they are physically, in the world;

as well as whether or not you are seeking AOS Processing or Visa Processing.

As is, now, you've crossed the streams, one into the other - confusing folk who wish to give you the answer.

Please eludicdate - what does your wife wish to chase after? a Visa or AOS, for her parents? TIA !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

that is for AOS (I-130 + I-485) processing, not for VISA (I-130 submittal) processing.

Which do you wish to do, really?

Your assumption on the answer should be based on where they are physically, in the world;

as well as whether or not you are seeking AOS Processing or Visa Processing.

As is, now, you've crossed the streams, one into the other - confusing folk who wish to give you the answer.

Please eludicdate - what does your wife wish to chase after? a Visa or AOS, for her parents? TIA !

AOS technically, heck they already have a two year tourist visa.

Edited by hockeybrain

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I think you are getting confused. As per your OP, they aren't in the US. the AOS is if they were here, living in the US. the process is different whether they live in their country and will go through consular proceessing or if they are currently in the US.

the I485 and the i693 is for adjusting status while living in the US. those forms do not apply when going through consular processing.

if they are in Russia, for now you only need to file the i130 for each one of them.

Timeline

Instructions allow for I-130 (I-864 etc.) and I-485 to get submitted at the same time. Parents are in their 50's. No opinion on health care from me. I assume the answer is fill out both applications, submit and the top portion of the I-693. The civil surgeon will fill out the rest of the I-693 when they go to Moscow (I assume).

Presumably you are not the sponsor.

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Oh, since they're not in the US and you plan to have them enter and file for AOS that means Immigration Fraud is the Soup of the Day!

You won't find help on VJ for this, in fact any member who does help you would be violating the TOS and subject to Account suspension.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

You might want to convince your wife that chasing after an Immigrant Visa is cheaper, in the long run.

Soonish.

Today, even.

Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.