J&JWS

Heads up about processing times at CSC

45 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey folks, I hope we are all doing well today in the midst of our visa journey insanity...?

Just wanted to give all you I-130 applicants a heads up, for those of you whose petition is at CSC. It states on the USCIS website that it takes aprox. 5 months to process. Well for all of us beyond 5 months and without our NOA2, we know this is not the case. We were on the phone today with a lovely woman who was so helpful (i know this is not always the case). The California Service Centre current processing time is ***7 MONTHS***. I know this is a pain and longer to wait, but i was relieved to find this out and know that our petition is (1) not lost and (2) is still with in their CURRENT processing times. And yes i do understand that everyones case is different and often handled differently. Sometimes even the smallest bit of information can ease some stress though.

We are in I-129F (as K3) processing aswell and per our dates we can call back for a further update after february 1st.

Stay strong my fellow visajourney-ers. We will get through this!

Oh no. I am very sad to hear that CSC has increased the processing time. I have been waiting for 4 months since NOA1.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Take it from me, I just passed six months, they still don't tell you anything more. Now I have confirmed that they didn't lose my file, all they can say is that they are backlogged six months.

I think its better to have more evidence than not enough. It may save you from an RFE in the end.

Send them what they want. A littlebit more is OK. This is for the initial petition. You can bring volumes if you want at the embassy interview,where the actual evidence of a bonafide relationship is required.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thank you so much for calling and reporting this news for us. I just told my wife regarding this and we are both saddened. But as you said, we will stay strong and get through this. So thanks for those hopeful words as well.

My wife's friends are suggesting me to call the USCIS to find out the status of our I-130 petition. We are currently 4 months into the waiting period.

Would it help me and my wife, in any way if I called?

The backlog at CSC is 7 + months

Things change. It wasn't that long ago that VSC was the deep dark hole that nothing seem to emerge from.

Yes, I saw this in the historical timelines as well. Let's hope things turnaround in the next few months. Good luck all. :)

______________________________________________________________________________________________

12/9/11 - Sent I-130 packet

12/12/11 - I-130 delivered

12/14/11 - G-1145 notification

12/15/11 - NOA1

If anyone's interested, we could all try writing the USCIS Director:

Alejandro Mayorkas

Director

USCIS

20 Massachusetts Ave. NW

Washington, DC 20529

You know, a cordial inquiry as to why CSC processing is so far behind. I'm going to write one and at least see if there's a response. My case is only a month old, so I'm not going to ###### at him, just let him know I've been told CSC is running at about 7 months and what is the cause of the delays.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

12/9/11 - Sent I-130 packet

12/12/11 - I-130 delivered

12/14/11 - G-1145 notification

12/15/11 - NOA1

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

There always seems to be a big push to approve N-400 filings in time for the elections. You don't think that has something to do with the backlog, do you?

Only if the government appointees at Dept. of Homeland Security and USCIS want to keep their jobs. Otherwise, no.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The backlog at CSC is 7 + months

Based on what I wrote in another thread (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/327455-july-noa1-at-csc/page__st__255), the backlog is 10 months.

"In November, the CSC received 18,350 petitions and completed 10,194 petitions. The total pending has increased from 72,036 in July 2011 to 103,455 in November. At 10,000 completions per month, it will take 10 months to complete the existing backlog of total pending of 103,455!!!!!!!"

We will be lucky if the CSC is able to complete the review in 7 months.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Based on what I wrote in another thread (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/327455-july-noa1-at-csc/page__st__255), the backlog is 10 months.

"In November, the CSC received 18,350 petitions and completed 10,194 petitions. The total pending has increased from 72,036 in July 2011 to 103,455 in November. At 10,000 completions per month, it will take 10 months to complete the existing backlog of total pending of 103,455!!!!!!!"

We will be lucky if the CSC is able to complete the review in 7 months.

I like your analysis. From my read on it, your analysis does not take into consideration that the CSC may commit more man/woman-power to help clear the back-log of petitions. It appears that the CSC allows the petitions to build up during the latter half of the year due to seasonal factors, without committing more resources to adjudicate the petitions, then at the beginning of the following year, they divert man-power to clear out the back-log. Yes, if they do not commit more man-power to clear the back-log, then your analysis makes sense to me. One poster suggested that the average wait times vary depending on when a person files their petition with filing from July to December in a given year being the worst time to file due to seasonal factors and as evidenced by you pointing out the increase in petitions pending from 72,036 in July to 103,455 in November. Also, there may by other variables at play with the government tightening their budgets and not replacing staff as they leave. I hope that is not the case and the CSC is fully staffed, that they divert man-power to clear the back-log as it appears they have done in the past.

Our Visa Journey

12-10-2011: Married

01-03-2012: I-130 Mailed

01-09-2012: NOA1

05-16-2012: NOA2

06-04-2012: NVC Received

11-27-2012: NVC Case Complete

01-23-2013: Interview in Bogota (pending medical results)

02-13-2013: Visa Approved

03-20-2013: POE - Miami

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

CSC is now taking 7 months? I can't help but notice the the number of VJ members getting RFE's from CSC are approacing 50%. Based on previous history, this doesn't appear normal to me. With the elections coming up, I hope this isn't political. Why so many RFE's?

Edited by eaglephoenix

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

CSC is now taking 7 months? I can't help but notice the the number of VJ members getting RFE's from CSC are approacing 50%. Based on previous history, this doesn't appear normal to me. With the elections coming up, I hope this isn't political. Why so many RFE's?

I'm noticing lots of new members that join only AFTER filing their petitions. Not a scientific observation but perhaps a factor.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey folks, I hope we are all doing well today in the midst of our visa journey insanity...?

Just wanted to give all you I-130 applicants a heads up, for those of you whose petition is at CSC. It states on the USCIS website that it takes aprox. 5 months to process. Well for all of us beyond 5 months and without our NOA2, we know this is not the case. We were on the phone today with a lovely woman who was so helpful (i know this is not always the case). The California Service Centre current processing time is ***7 MONTHS***. I know this is a pain and longer to wait, but i was relieved to find this out and know that our petition is (1) not lost and (2) is still with in their CURRENT processing times. And yes i do understand that everyones case is different and often handled differently. Sometimes even the smallest bit of information can ease some stress though.

We are in I-129F (as K3) processing aswell and per our dates we can call back for a further update after february 1st.

Stay strong my fellow visajourney-ers. We will get through this!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for the information. I'm not checking this site as often as I should. I've been sort of worried as you look to see when other Canadians have filed and some resolve faster than others. It seems like there are just so many steps at times it's overwhelming. Many things you can't get too early as you possibly would need another, which is more fees, haha.

Hoping some couples can chat with me as it seems a lonely journey at times.

I'm Canadian and my husband is American. My children are grown now and his are still late teens hence immigration to California.

Filed: Timeline

Backlogs have happened in the past and will happen again. Unfortunately.

As of November 2011, CSC had 103,000 pending petitions. In August and September of 2010 their number of pending I-130 petitions was 120,000! July 2010 filers had to wait around 7 months on average for their NOA2s as well.

What I'm saying is, this isn't the first time this has happened.

If you filed between July and September, you're suffering from the current backlog. If you filed in or after October, your wait probably won't be 7 months.

They shift manpower from one one petition type to another quite frequently.. 2 - 3 times a year it seems. Once the backlog for one type of petition reaches a high enough level, they shift back.

It sucks, I know, but at some point, they'll be down to 4 month processing again, and it's likely to happen fairly quickly after a huge backlog.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.