Girl from Celebes

Can You Live Without Money?

46 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I hear that chicken tastes a lot like Bald Eagle, si man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Everyone should give this a shot in life sometime...living simply...it will eliminate a lot of the 'fear' that gets built into us as we grow up under society's eye.

We live pretty simply. I've always been against the "keeping up with the Joneses" mentality. I think that's the problem in this country. We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

We live pretty simply. I've always been against the "keeping up with the Joneses" mentality. I think that's the problem in this country. We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like.

SisterSusitala is wise, as is my brother LuckyTxn and Sister Girl from Celebes.

Blessings - BishopM

“Acquire the spirit of peace and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” Saint Seraphim of Sarov

jesus-animated-gif-image-0110.gif

“The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” Pablo Cassals

I don't let internet background noise spoil my fun.

I have never killed a kitten or seen one killed - it was my grandad who was a Victorian and died very many years before I was born

Similarly, slaughtering hens was something I assisted in when I was 7 years old - even though I have eaten chicken since then

All this was apparent from my post, so if you are going to take a slap at people, then for heavens sake get some reading comprehension skills first or you make yourself look like a nit-wit

I don't think you care a jot about the facts or the posts - I don't think you even read them properly - you just want to stagger around the forums like a drunken sailor taking a slap at people. You do it every day. Posting the bald statement that you have more money than me etc is just obvious bating

If you are a vegetarian and don't like the idea of slaughtering chickens, then say so, give reasons, and don't just take a personal pop at people who do eat chicken.

Where did I take a shot at people for eating chicken? You're the one who brags about your wealth, not me. I merely replied to what you posted.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

enough, you two.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I think the more important question is, "Can you live without beer!? :wow::no:

“Acquire the spirit of peace and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” Saint Seraphim of Sarov

jesus-animated-gif-image-0110.gif

“The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” Pablo Cassals

Neither my fiance nor I drink alcohol or even smoking so the question is not quite appropriate for both of us.biggrin.gif.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Agreed.good.gif

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Have you ever?

Nope. I use "quite" word just try to be polite and do not want to offend people who choose to do that.

Edited by Girl from Celebes

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

You should try it. It will put hair on your chest ;)

Errr..I don't think so. I don't want to be known as a girl with hairy chest.:P.Also I highly avoid encouraging my fiance to get one because am not fond to have hairy guy as my partner. :D. Anyway, I thanked to you for suggestion though and am going to tell my girl-friends about this post.:idea:

Edited by Girl from Celebes

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

I don't care for beer, I'm a sangria kind of girl... but my hubby would freak out without cerveza! He takes his beer quite seriously, he's a bit of a beer connoisseur. :lol: He makes a point to try beers from all over the world.

And we eat a lot of chicken, so no we could not live with out it. :no:

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Don't recall the USCIS asking me how many chickens I had with that crazy I-864, wanted to know how much American dollar I have. Same with the IRS with inventory you didn't sell yet, they won't take that either, want cold hard cash. Same with the property tax collector, cannot give them a pile of rotten boards they way over assessed, also want cold hard cash.

Least as a kid, could go to the park and find empty glass pop and beer bottles I could take to the store and trade for a double dip ice cream cone. Actually got two separate single dip cones, price was the same, but got extra ice cream and a free cone plus. Go to a park today and find plenty of trash that the government will charge you to take.