ae4ever

How often do you talk to your loved one over the phone?

121 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you talk to your loved one over the phone?

• Several times a day
    • once every day
    • NOT everyday but few times a week
    • once a week
    • NOT every week but few times times a month

42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Free on Skype with webcam almost every day, sometimes twice a day if we are both home. Thank god for Skype!!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We both have broadband internet, voice call & webcam conversation most of the time when he wakes up or before going to bed to complete our day.

K1 Visa Timeline

03-08-2006 >>>> mail application via USPS (Priority Mail) CSC

03-10-2006 >>>> @8:20AM CSC (Track & Confirm)

03-13-2006 >>>> March 11, request for delivery information received (Jon R. Arnett)

03-15-2006 >>>> NOA1 (Notice Date)

06-23-2006 >>>> Called CSC for change of address

06-27-2006 >>>> 1st touched notification rfe's sent on the 23rd (wow)

06-28-2006 >>>> Called CSC again requesting rfe's (wait within 30 days)

07-15-2006 >>>> Touched (email notification)

07-19-2006 >>>> Finally received IMBRA rfe's new address (inserted the original rfe's date 27th @old add.)

07-21-2006 >>>> IMBRA rfe's delivered@7:31AM CSC (Francisco Montoy)

07-24-2006 >>>> USPS provided information request of delivery (via email).

07-29-2006 >>>> CSC received IMBRA rfe's 07/28/06 preliminary processing was done

09-07-2006 >>>> NOA2

09-11-2006 >>>> notified via email

09-12-2006 >>>> Touched by USCIS

09-13-2006 >>>> NOA2 arrived by mail

10-08-2006 >>>> NVC assigned MNL2006772XXX

01-29-07 >>>> Medical Exam

02-05-07 >>>> Interview

02-10-07 >>>> POE - MN

"Love is not controlled by feelings. It does not do anything and everything it feels. Rather, in true love,

the feelings are under the control of principle.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I call him at work and usually when I go to bed, so it adds up to 1 to 2 times a day. By now it has become more a question of time than money, because with a special number i dial it costs me only 0,9 cents a minute, would cost me way more to call my next door neighbour :lol:

The world around you gets hazy and the only thing you focus on is you and that person. And for that one moment you've been given this amazing gift and you want to laugh and you want to cry at the same time because you're so lucky you've found it and so scared that it will go away.

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Cuba has to be one of the most expensive countries to call, as the "cheapest" I have found is around 50 cents a minute... which actually turns out to be more because of other fees. We talk as much as we can, but mostly e-mails everyday.

Edited by rebex05

03/16/03: Met the love of my life

01/24/06: Officially began our relationship

11/01/06: He proposed marriage :)

02/17/07: I-129F Sent to NSC

02/23/07: I-129F NOA1

02/28/07: I-129F NOA2 (found out while checking on-line)

03/02/07: Received hard copy NOA1

03/08/07: Received hard copy NOA2

03/13/07: NVC sent packet to La Habana

03/27/07: Telegram "sent" to fiance to pick up packet 3... never received

04/02/07: I contacted the "embassy" to find out status of case and set up pick up date

04/04/07: Fiance picked up packet 3

04/05/07: I called toll-free # here to set up appointment for my fiancé

05/10/07: Interview scheduled for 7:30AM... Visa Approved!!!!!!!!

05/14/07: Picks up passport/visa and brown sealed envelope

05/15/07: Paperwork for the carta blanca turned in

05/24/07: Carta Blanca received and bought plane ticket

06/04/07: Entry into the US... together again!!!!!!!

08/07/07: MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

Guys, calling Cuba is so expensive that we just talk about 1 hour every 2 to 3 weeks. We remind each other of how expensive the calls are and how it is more imporant to save money for our future plans than to spend them on these calls. We remind each other we love each other and that our love is way beyond and will make it through anything, including .. this of not being able to speak on a daily basis. We both have a lot of faith.

Once again though I must repeat... coÑo!!! Cuba is expensive to call! My last phone bill was $400.00 USD. :-) I talked for about 5 hours in that month!!! JAJA!!! gotta laugh or I go crazy.

Yamey. :wacko:

Edited by yamey

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Guys, calling Cuba is so expensive that we just talk about 1 hour every 2 to 3 weeks. We remind each other of how expensive the calls are and how it is more imporant to save money for our future plans than to spend them on these calls. We remind each other we love each other and that our love is way beyond and will make it through anything, including .. this of not being able to speak on a daily basis. We both have a lot of faith.

Once again though I must repeat... coÑo!!! Cuba is expensive to call! My last phone bill was $400.00 USD. :-) I talked for about 5 hours in that month!!! JAJA!!! gotta laugh or I go crazy.

Oh goodness! Wouldn't it be ultimately cheaper to get an internet connection? I don't know if that is possible where your fiance is, but using Skype could make a big difference.

Maybe I am just being naive here though. There's definitely a lot I don't know about telecommunications with Cuba...

We talk on the phone everynight. Sometimes on weekends, in the morning and at night! Usually about a 1/2 hour or so at night, sometimes longer. Earlier in our relationship we went without sleep a lot! I think our longest phone call was 7 hours...hehe

I have trouble falling asleep if for whatever reason we can't talk on the phone when I'm going to bed...

Carla (F)

Edited by cartoboy123
carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

now that we are apart we talk everyday on the phone at least once. i miss him :(

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

We talk everyday...It's what keeps me going. He calls me at my lunch time that's his night time (the day before) Other aussies will understand the crazy time difference....

oh and I agree with Kitkat we use skype as much as possible.

19 Apr 07: ARRIVED JFK POE and got the temp EAD stamp!!!!

27 Apr 07: Got Married

14 May 07: Received SSN

04 June 07: GOT A JOB!!

16 June 07: Wedding Reception in San Francisco

13 August 07: Got new EAD

23 November 07: Adjustment of Status approved

25 December 07: First white Christmas EVER!!!!

27 Apr 08: First Wedding Anniversary

4 July 08: Mt Rushmore for 4th July

27 April 09: Second Wedding Anniversary

October 09: Hoping to visit Australia

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

not everyday but we talk everyday online night and day!!! he calls me most of the time, and its kinda hard for us not to hear from each other everyday... when we were starting he calls me often and so do I to him. But since we're applying for a visa is quite expensive and theirs a lot of saving to do for the future we minimized calling each other so I would say a few times a week he calls me and oh yes skype ;)(L):thumbs: ...

post-28100-1166091813_thumb.jpg

09-29-06: petition submitted to USCIS

10-02-06: lawyer received and emailed our receipt number

10-06-06: NOA1!!!

10-11-06: Touched

12-15-06: Touched/NOA2!!! yesssssssssssssss!!!

12-16-06: Touched

12-31-06: Wohooo he visited me and spent New Year with me!!!

01-03-07: NVC sent the petition to Manila

01-12-07: It's sad he needed to go back home :(

01-12-07: US Embassy received our case

02-17-07: Our anniversarry and we got a great news!!

we have an appointment date for interview..

04-16-07: Medical appointment date at St. Lukes

04-23-07: Interview date!!!

04-23-07: APPROVED!!! Wahoooo!!!

05-02-07: Visa received and in our hands!! Seeing is believing!! :):):D!

07-26-07: HELLO U.S.A

09-08-07: Wedding Day!

Timeline

Oh goodness! Wouldn't it be ultimately cheaper to get an internet connection? I don't know if that is possible where your fiance is, but using Skype could make a big difference.

Maybe I am just being naive here though. There's definitely a lot I don't know about telecommunications with Cuba...

WELL, IN OUR TOWN THERE IS NO INTERNET ACCESS. AS A MATTER OF FACT WHERE WE ARE FROM (I SAY WE, BECAUSE I WAS BORN THERE, THOUGH NOW I'M A US CITIZEN)...THERE ARE HARDLY PHONES. WHENEVER I CALL HIM, I CALL MY AUNTS HOUSE AND SHE RUNS ACROSS THE STREET WITH THE WIRELESS PHONE I GOT HER AND HANDS IT TO HIM. I'M LUCKY HE LIVES ACROSS THE STREET FROM MY AUNT'S HOUSE OTHERWISE WE'D REALLY BE IN TROUBLE... BECAUSE GURLLL I WRITE LETTERS AND THEY DON'T EVEN GET THERE, SAME WITH HIM WRITING ME LETTERS. IT IS SO DIFFICULT. YOU WON'T BELIEVE HOW MANY PICTURES AND LETTERS HAVE GOTTEN LOST OVER THE PAST 5 YEARS. ANYHOW, YEAH CUBA IS A PAIN IN THE BOOTIE TO DEAL WITH WHEN IT COMES TO COMMUNICATION. THE ONLY WAY IS CALLING IN BY PHONE AND KEEPING YOUR MONTHLY PHONE BILL FOR FUTURE USE AS PROOF THAT YOU GUYS COMMUNICATED.

OK XOXO TO EVERYONE!!! HAVE A GREAT DAY VJ'S!

YAMEY.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Well I have not hit "millionaire" or "retire" square in the Game of Life, yet so... I call maybe 2-3 times a week, and he will call about the same... we talk more online on our scheduled "rendez-vous"...

Edited by Henia