ML1

Interview At Embassy :'(

87 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Ask him to write down what was said / asked at the interview. You will need to get a clue about what they didn't like to get through this in the future. Being that you are a K1 , if you don't move and get yourself a second interview you are probablky going to fall into the peition expired bucket and be starting out again.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Other Country: Ireland
Timeline

They gave form, and gave him back his passport

Just a question; is your fiance of Indian origin/was born in Pakistan/of Middle Eastern origin?

I have heard a few people in England have trouble because they were of Indian origin/born in Pakistan/of Middle Eastern origin.

K-1 Visa Journey
08/05/2011 I-129F sent
08/09/2011 I-129F recieved and signed for by C.Viella @ Lewisville, TX
08/11/2011 NOA1 email recieved
08/12/2011 Cheque cashed by USCIS
08/16/2011 NOA1 Hard Copy recieved
12/05/2011 NOA2 Email recieved: Approved
12/09/2011 NOA2 Hard Copy recieved: Approved
01/10/2012 Medical
01/24/2012 NVC received File
01/26/2012 NVC transferred to Embassy
02/06/2012 Embassy Received
02/08/2012 Packet 3 Received
02/16/2012 Packet 3 Sent back to Embassy
02/17/2012 Embassy Received
03/01/2012 Packet 4 Received
03/13/2012 Interview Date: APPROVED
04/05/2012 POE: Dublin, Ireland

Your I-129f was approved in 116 days from your NOA1 date.
Your interview took 215 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

04/25/2012 AOS sent
04/30/2012 AOS Received and signed for by CHYBA @ Chicago, IL
05/03/2012 Cheque cashed by USCIS
05/04/2012 Biometrics letter sent
05/29/2012 I-485 transferred to CSC
06/01/2012 Biometrics appointment
07/06/2012 EAD+AP Card Production (68 days)
07/14/2012 EAD+AP Card Received

04/18/2013 Filed for EAD+AP renewal
04/19/2013 Contacted Congressman
04/19/2013 RFE for form I-693
05/06/2013 RFE response under review
05/21/2013 AOS APPROVED!
05/25/2013 Green Card IN HAND!

Your AOS was approved in 392 days from your send-date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Just a question; is your fiance of Indian origin/was born in Pakistan/of Middle Eastern origin?

I have heard a few people in England have trouble because they were of Indian origin/born in Pakistan/of Middle Eastern origin.

No he was born in England, but no Indian origin or any all his family from England

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Giving back the passport is not a good sign. If they were requesting more information they would have kept the passport. Looks like they are intending to deny.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You need to provide details as to how much information they took in to the embassy. Was it one email ? two emails ? one email per week ?

Based on what you tell us, we can help but you must be very specific as to your quantity of evidence. Also, what are the details of your relationship. How did you meet ? A relative introduce you ? There must have been a red flag somewhere and you might know what it is. It just doesn't make sense if you had a real relationship and if he answered all the questions correctly and knew you.

Also, what was your RFE for ? How did you overcome it ?

Edited by NoneYa

Timeline

He said the person that interview him seemed more interested on me not being able to support him, I got co-sponsor. I don't know, they also said about relationship us being together for 3 years how has he been able to hold on for that long his answer was caused he loved me. He has never been to the states, but in this time I've been there 3 times. He said the lady was a bit nasty :(

Timeline

You need to provide details as to how much information they took in to the embassy. Was it one email ? two emails ? one email per week ?

Based on what you tell us, we can help but you must be very specific as to your quantity of evidence. Also, what are the details of your relationship. How did you meet ? A relative introduce you ? There must have been a red flag somewhere and you might know what it is. It just doesn't make sense if you had a real relationship and if he answered all the questions correctly and knew you.

Also, what was your RFE for ? How did you overcome it ?

It was for more evidence which I had sent pictures,emails lots, flight tickets, and itinerary. Second time around I sent my passport stamped, receipts of me being there, and more photos

You are a woman petittioning a man? Are you older ? What is your age primarially ? Support is a key factor.

I'm a woman, he is older than me I'm 32

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It was for more evidence which I had sent pictures,emails lots, flight tickets, and itinerary. Second time around I sent my passport stamped, receipts of me being there, and more photos

They approve hundreds of visas at that embassy based on evidence like this. They have standards. The financial support can kill it so lets say that is what it is until you dig down and tell us something else because I feel there is a piece missing here. You would be approved with this evidence above like everyone else other than the financial. You should talk to him and find out exactly what happened. Something went wrong.

I'm sorry it didn't go well for you.

Talk to him and find out exactly what went down at the interview, especially what reasons and form that gave him at the end.

We cannot help you unless you provide more details, otherwise we are just playing guessing game here.

Filed: Other Country: Ireland
Timeline

They approve hundreds of visas at that embassy based on evidence like this. They have standards. The financial support can kill it so lets say that is what it is until you dig down and tell us something else because I feel there is a piece missing here. You would be approved with this evidence above like everyone else other than the financial. You should talk to him and find out exactly what happened. Something went wrong.

Ya, it seems very strange that he was denied. Usually applicants are approved in England. The financial support seems to be the only problem, but even then... you had a co-sponsor.

Very strange!

Perhaps you need to contact a lawyer!?

Good luck! :thumbs:

K-1 Visa Journey
08/05/2011 I-129F sent
08/09/2011 I-129F recieved and signed for by C.Viella @ Lewisville, TX
08/11/2011 NOA1 email recieved
08/12/2011 Cheque cashed by USCIS
08/16/2011 NOA1 Hard Copy recieved
12/05/2011 NOA2 Email recieved: Approved
12/09/2011 NOA2 Hard Copy recieved: Approved
01/10/2012 Medical
01/24/2012 NVC received File
01/26/2012 NVC transferred to Embassy
02/06/2012 Embassy Received
02/08/2012 Packet 3 Received
02/16/2012 Packet 3 Sent back to Embassy
02/17/2012 Embassy Received
03/01/2012 Packet 4 Received
03/13/2012 Interview Date: APPROVED
04/05/2012 POE: Dublin, Ireland

Your I-129f was approved in 116 days from your NOA1 date.
Your interview took 215 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

04/25/2012 AOS sent
04/30/2012 AOS Received and signed for by CHYBA @ Chicago, IL
05/03/2012 Cheque cashed by USCIS
05/04/2012 Biometrics letter sent
05/29/2012 I-485 transferred to CSC
06/01/2012 Biometrics appointment
07/06/2012 EAD+AP Card Production (68 days)
07/14/2012 EAD+AP Card Received

04/18/2013 Filed for EAD+AP renewal
04/19/2013 Contacted Congressman
04/19/2013 RFE for form I-693
05/06/2013 RFE response under review
05/21/2013 AOS APPROVED!
05/25/2013 Green Card IN HAND!

Your AOS was approved in 392 days from your send-date.

Timeline

I'm sorry it didn't go well for you.

Talk to him and find out exactly what went down at the interview, especially what reasons and form that gave him at the end.

We cannot help you unless you provide more details, otherwise we are just playing guessing game here.

I did talk to him as I need to get a hold of attorney to let her know about it. Which like I said they ask about the times we've seen each other. Why he has never been here in the states which he was truthful and said cause of his job didn't make enough to have come to the states. And yes they said about me not making enough. They gave him the form 221 and gave him back his passport

I did talk to him as I need to get a hold of attorney to let her know about it. Which like I said they ask about the times we've seen each other. Why he has never been here in the states which he was truthful and said cause of his job didn't make enough to have come to the states. And yes they said about me not making enough. They gave him the form 221 and gave him back his passport

If you can get information from form 221 and what they put there it could help to determine the cause for denial, or if the additional evidence is needed. If they put that visa for immigration purposes it is not a good sign and most likely they will send it back to USCIS with intent to deny. If your fiance can scan the form, hide the personal info and send it to you so you can attach it, we can see what was the reason. It is very unusual with what you described that they will deny it. I believe London allows co-sponsoring so this shouldn't be a problem. What it seems like that your evidence didn't proof on going relationship. You said that you visited him 3 times in 3 years, this could raise a flag as it sounds like not very often, and he never visited you from the country that doesn't require visitor's visa, usually not a good signs.

You might be able to refile and start all over again, but before that you have to understand and eliminate all the red flags.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Timeline

If you can get information from form 221 and what they put there it could help to determine the cause for denial, or if the additional evidence is needed. If they put that visa for immigration purposes it is not a good sign and most likely they will send it back to USCIS with intent to deny. If your fiance can scan the form, hide the personal info and send it to you so you can attach it, we can see what was the reason. It is very unusual with what you described that they will deny it. I believe London allows co-sponsoring so this shouldn't be a problem. What it seems like that your evidence didn't proof on going relationship. You said that you visited him 3 times in 3 years, this could raise a flag as it sounds like not very often, and he never visited you from the country that doesn't require visitor's visa, usually not a good signs.

You might be able to refile and start all over again, but before that you have to understand and eliminate all the red flags.

He read it to me and marked that it can be overcome by submitting evidence if it's based on petition

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

They gave form, and gave him back his passport

Not good, but you guys need to act and get information into their hands before the Embassy sends it back to USCIS. If that happens, then there may be little to do but wait for it to be closed and then you can attempt the same or different visa again.

However, the onus will still be upon you two, even if you get married (doesn't guarantee a thing) to prove your relationship.

Speak with your fiance, what questions did they ask him?, how did he answer? There must be good reason for them to deny based on no proof of relationship; that part should be very simple. That is not normal so don't think that your relationship and your evidence is/was....it is not.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.