jg449

Left US before green card

57 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey guys first off to say thanks to the people for making this forum and being able to let me ask for help. Now the problem:

I got the welcome notice from USCIS saying that the green card will arrive in the mail in 30 days in April. Up till now it still hasn't arrived. I have phoned USCIS and they said they would resend, but it still didn't arrive. I have left the US because I had to go back home to finish my studies. I didn't know about infopass at the time so I didn't get advance parole or get my stamp renewed which has expired. I wanted to apply for a re-entry permit but didn't have enough time to (doing biometrics and all). What options do I have of going back into the US now? Could I get my father or my petitioner to go to an Infopass appointment and get my passport stamped? I don't know what to do, please help. Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Could I get my father or my petitioner to go to an Infopass appointment and get my passport stamped?

No.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Have you contacted the US embassy in the country you are in?

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Go to the nearest US embassy and get your passport stamped.

Go to the nearest US embassy and get your passport stamped.

Stamp for what, his intial stamp should be good for a year. If he doesn't receive his GC soon, then he will have to file and pay for a replacement one.

Timeline

Stamp for what, his intial stamp should be good for a year. If he doesn't receive his GC soon, then he will have to file and pay for a replacement one.

He said his stamp is expired so he should get a replacement I-551 stamp to re-enter the country.

USCIS has tracking info now. They should be able to track where the GC is.

He said his stamp is expired so he should get a replacement I-551 stamp to re-enter the country.

USCIS has tracking info now. They should be able to track where the GC is.

Then has he been out of the US greater than a year, he may need more than a stamp.

No I haven't contacted my US Embassy, only USCIS who last said they would send me a new card and haven't. I then phoned and said I should receive a letter and didn't.

@Vanessa&Tony

I am in the UK is there anything I need to do or do I just visit them and ask for a new I-551 stamp to go back? Is it hard to get a new stamp, do I need to take anything with me?

@Life'sJourney

i haven't been out for more than one year, I went last in August, and plan to go this summer around Jul/Aug time again. It's just my I-551 stamp is about to expire soon but I can't travel till summer.

My plan is to return this summer and apply for a re-entry permit, and find out the status of my green card. Phoning USCIS doesn't seem to be making anything progress.

Thank you all so much guys.

Edited by jg449

Timeline

Not necessarily.

OP - How long have you been outside the US? Have you finished schooling? LPR means legal PERMANENT residence. I hope you have been maintaining ties so you haven't given up your LPR status. If you have been outside of the US less than a year (which it sounds by your OP that you have) then you should go get another I-551 stamp.

What visa did you arrive in the US on? A CR-1? What was the first stamp that expired?

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Oh and about tracking I asked them if they could tell me the status they said we could when it was within 30 days, but because it has been over 30 days, we don't have any tracking information. My family got the cards, it's just me that didn't.

I'm not sure which Visa it was, all I know is it's an immigrant visa.

Edited by jg449

No I haven't contacted my US Embassy, only USCIS who last said they would send me a new card and haven't. I then phoned and said I should receive a letter and didn't.

@Vanessa&Tony

I am in the UK is there anything I need to do or do I just visit them and ask for a new I-551 stamp to go back? Is it hard to get a new stamp, do I need to take anything with me?

@Life'sJourney

i haven't been out for more than one year, I went last in August, and plan to go this summer around Jul/Aug time again. It's just my I-551 stamp is about to expire soon but I can't travel till summer.

My plan is to return this summer and apply for a re-entry permit, and find out the status of my green card. Phoning USCIS doesn't seem to be making anything progress.

Thank you all so much guys.

If his stamp has not expired, then going to get a new stamp is not going to work right now. With the last 2 post made by the OP, I will not make any futher comments.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Timeline

Wait so you're in the UK right now and plan on staying the UK until you've been out close to a year? You need to decide whether your status is more important that your schooling. You are going to approach the risk of abandoning your status. You may need to take 2 weeks or so off school to go and get your status secured or go at the next nearest holidays.

USCIS should have some idea of where your card is. Whether it was delivered or returned to sender. I suggest you call them again and ask for a Tier 2 person (immigration officer as opposed to someone who reads from the screen). Ask them what happened to your card and how you go about getting it sent to you in the UK.

@ LIFE'SJOURNEY

Did I say something wrong?

No you didn't, but your late facts makes the choices available to you now different.

Since your stamp has not expired, I would suggest bthat you come back to the states before it does and follow-up on your lost green card. Or you could just shell out the money for a replacement card,and all of your problems will be solved.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.