Blessed N Favored

N-400 JANUARY 2012 FILERS

1,284 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Thanks Jade! I totally agree!! It hasn't really sunk in yet. Now time to shred all those "unnecessary" immigration paperworks! Yay!!

:rofl: @ shredding "unnecessary" paperwork.

Advance Happy Birthday Blessed! I went thru all my immigration stuff to shred them and I found myself in tears. And yes it will be great that I dont have to go thru FP and photo taking at the airport or pay a travel tax whenever I visit the Philippines.

Yay glad that you'll stay around haha...

Just sharing one of my fave quotes:

"No one understands and appreciates the American Dream of hard work leading to material rewards better than a non-American. " - Anthony Bourdain

Thanks Pepper! I would be in tears too if I were to start shredding my immigration stuff. Btw, I love the quote!

Edited by Blessed N Favored

[00] 01/15/12---N-400 Filed/Mailed Lewisville, TX Lockbox

[03] 01/18/12---N-400 Delivered @11.22AM Express mail (PD)

[05] 01/20/12---NOA Issued/Email & Text @10.43PM

[08] 01/23/12---Check Cashed

[09] 01/24/12---NOA Received by Mail

[11] 01/26/12---FP Notice Issued: Email/SMS ---@12.45PM

[15] 01/30/12---FP Notice Received by Mail

[33] 02/17/12---FP Appointment-Done!

[44] 02/28/12---In-line for Interview sched Email/SMS

[51] 03/06/12---Interview Scheduled Email

[54] 03/09/12---Interview Letter

[86] 04/10/12---Interview Date PASSED/APPROVED!!

[88] 04/12/12--Oath Scheduled Email & Text

Called USCIS and got OD info

[92] 04/16/12--Oath Letter Received

[102] 04/26/12-Oath Date I'm A USC!!

sgp9caqak15eagpv.png

Timeline

Passport Application update!

So, I applied for my US after my passport yesterday afternoon after my oath (in the morning). I scheduled for a 2pm appointment at the Dallas Passport Agency located downtown Dallas, at Earle Cabell Federal Building. I got there at about 2.05pm give or take, checked-in at the appointment window then I was given a number and asked to sit down until it is called. I had my application filled out online then just printed it out. By the way, I took my passport photos at CVS (instant photos took me like 5 minutes) where I was charged like $8 coz for signing up for a CVS discount card! I was like sweet! The cost is normally $10

I had my letter from my employer stating that I needed my passport ASAP for work and also a copy of my international travel dates for this weekend for work as well. I had my original CoN and driver’s license and copies of each. I was called to another window where the lady went through my paperwork and asked me when I would be traveling and I said this weekend and that took her by surprise! Hehe… Anyways, she told me to come pick it up tomorrow (which is today) and so I did! :dance:

To sum it all, I got my passport in less than 24hrs and I didn’t have to part with my CoN :D so that was good. It all cost me a total of $195 ($135+$60 expedite fee)

So now I am officially done with USCIS/passport journey as far as I am concerned! :D:dance:

sgp9caqak15eagpv.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
1335563301[/url]' post='5336839']

So, I applied for my US after my passport yesterday afternoon after my oath (in the morning). I scheduled for a 2pm appointment at the Dallas Passport Agency located downtown Dallas, at Earle Cabell Federal Building. I got there at about 2.05pm give or take, checked-in at the appointment window then I was given a number and asked to sit down until it is called. I had my application filled out online then just printed it out. By the way, I took my passport photos at CVS (instant photos took me like 5 minutes) where I was charged like $8 coz for signing up for a CVS discount card! I was like sweet! The cost is normally $10

I had my letter from my employer stating that I needed my passport ASAP for work and also a copy of my international travel dates for this weekend for work as well. I had my original CoN and driver's license and copies of each. I was called to another window where the lady went through my paperwork and asked me when I would be traveling and I said this weekend and that took her by surprise! Hehe… Anyways, she told me to come pick it up tomorrow (which is today) and so I did! :dance:

To sum it all, I got my passport in less than 24hrs and I didn't have to part with my CoN :D so that was good. It all cost me a total of $195 ($135+$60 expedite fee) cr

So now I am officially done with USCIS/passport journey as far as I am concerned! :D:dance:

So jealous!!! Lol. I don't have any trips scheduled anytime soon. My passport appoiment is next month then I have to wait 4-6 weeks:(... Congrats!!!!

10/06 - Met online.

01/03/07 - Met in Person and started dating.

12/11/07 - Got Engaged.

01/05/08 - Got Married!!!

06/24/08 - Applied for I-130, I-485 and I765.

06/30/08 - Notice of Action

07/19/08 - Biometrics Appointment

08/26/08 - Received EAD card

12/29/08 - Letter interview date received in mail

02/23/09 - Interview date!!!----- APPROVED!!!

03/06/09 - Welcome letter in the mail.

03/13/09 - Green Card received in the mail!!

Removing Conditions

01/25/11 - Applied for I-751.

01/27/11 - I-797C, N.O.A issued

01/31/11 - Check cashed

02/04/11 - Received N.O.A

03/14/11 - Biometric appointment issued

03/19/11 - Biometric letter received in the mail

03/28/11 - Biometric appointment date.

06/24/11-Approval of ROC

06/27/11-Approval letter received

07/01/11- Green Card Received

B9gLm5.png.png.png

Timeline

So jealous!!! Lol. I don't have any trips scheduled anytime soon. My passport appoiment is next month then I have to wait 4-6 weeks:(... Congrats!!!!

Awwww.... that's a bummer!!! But thank you though. You will get there soon... if we learnt nothing else from this journey, we came out more patient that we ever were!!! :P

sgp9caqak15eagpv.png

I had my letter from my employer stating that I needed my passport ASAP for work and also a copy of my international travel dates for this weekend for work as well. I had my original CoN and driver's license and copies of each. I was called to another window where the lady went through my paperwork and asked me when I would be traveling and I said this weekend and that took her by surprise! Hehe… Anyways, she told me to come pick it up tomorrow (which is today) and so I did! :dance:

To sum it all, I got my passport in less than 24hrs and I didn't have to part with my CoN :D so that was good. It all cost me a total of $195 ($135+$60 expedite fee)

Well aren't you just full of surprises, Blessed! Congratulations for finally being done and dusted with all of your travel stuff and have a good flight tomorrow! Where are you headed?

Awwww.... that's a bummer!!! But thank you though. You will get there soon... if we learnt nothing else from this journey, we came out more patient that we ever were!!! :P

Still waiting on mine too. But it's only been a week and a half right now. So I will hang on in there. *sigh*

Blessed, you would THINK it would make me more patient. But the truth of the matter is I have even less patience. But accept that I don't have very much control over things once I hand over the paperwork/documents. :lol:

Edited by HuffyTheSlayer

To sum it all, I got my passport in less than 24hrs and I didn't have to part with my CoN :D so that was good. It all cost me a total of $195 ($135+$60 expedite fee)

Yay! That's great that you dont have to worry about parting with your CoN esp. just a few days after getting it! Happy trip!!!

Edited by pepper

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

N400 Timeline:

4/14/12- 3rd yr as PR

1/17/12- mailed packet

Biometrics-- waived

4/25/12- interview- passed & took my oath the same day!!-- US Citizen!!!

My N400 Journey took 3months & 8days!:)

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Passed the interview at Federal plaza in NYC. It was hilarious, because after reading about all the people having problems with speeding tickets, I brought all the receipts, my driving abstract, everything you could possibly bring to the interview. When I mentioned it to the interviewer and stared pulling all those documents from my bag, the (very nice) interviewer said "Dont fix what ain't broken. I'll ask you if I need anything.", and approved me without even looking at those. Awesome!

Didn't get the oath letter same day though, as by the time I was interviewed, it was already like 4pm :( I was in a waiting room with at least 500 people.

Filing for N-400 now

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

I had my letter from my employer stating that I needed my passport ASAP for work and also a copy of my international travel dates for this weekend for work as well. I had my original CoN and driver’s license and copies of each. I was called to another window where the lady went through my paperwork and asked me when I would be traveling and I said this weekend and that took her by surprise! Hehe… Anyways, she told me to come pick it up tomorrow (which is today) and so I did! :dance:

To sum it all, I got my passport in less than 24hrs and I didn’t have to part with my CoN :D so that was good. It all cost me a total of $195 ($135+$60 expedite fee)

Wow! Everything got wrapped up so quickly for you! That's amazing! I'm sad they also took my name change document so I can't really get too many other things done until I get those back.

Passed the interview at Federal plaza in NYC. It was hilarious, because after reading about all the people having problems with speeding tickets, I brought all the receipts, my driving abstract, everything you could possibly bring to the interview. When I mentioned it to the interviewer and stared pulling all those documents from my bag, the (very nice) interviewer said "Dont fix what ain't broken. I'll ask you if I need anything.", and approved me without even looking at those. Awesome!

Hilarious! I had a similar experience with my tax documents. Congrats!

N-400 Timeline

[000] 01/05/2012 - N-400 Mailed to Phoenix Lockbox

[004] 01/09/2012 - Priority Date

[005] 01/10/2012 - Notice Date

[007] 01/12/2012 - Check cashed

[007] 01/12/2012 - Received electronic notification from USCIS

[012] 01/17/2012 - Received NOA in the mail

[054] 02/18/2012 - Received 'yellow' interview letter

[060] 03/05/2012 - Received text message; in line for interview scheduling

[062] 03/07/2012 - Received text message; interview scheduled

[064] 03/09/2012 - Notice date on interview letter

[067] 03/12/2012 - Interview letter arrives in mail

[103] 04/17/2012 - Interview; Approved!

[110] 04/24/2012 - Oath Ceremony - USC!

Thank you, see you there. Mine is at 8am. I will take then the same package i sent them with originals.

Miguel 123--How was the interview Thursday??? Did you see us? hahaha...like you even know what we look like.

My husband was approved I wrote about it here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/365203-houston-tx-citizenship-interview/

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Congrats Blessed !!! Your visa journey is now complete :)

I have a question about my visa intv coming up on 15th - when we are asked a question which have multiple answers as per the study materials, are we supposed to give all the answers? example - Q.37: What does the judicial branch do?

There are 4 answers to this -

reviews laws

explains laws

resolves disputes (disagreements)

decides if a law goes against the Constitution

Am I supposed to rememeber all 4 at the time of interview?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Congrats Blessed !!! Your visa journey is now complete :)

I have a question about my visa intv coming up on 15th - when we are asked a question which have multiple answers as per the study materials, are we supposed to give all the answers? example - Q.37: What does the judicial branch do?

There are 4 answers to this -

reviews laws

explains laws

resolves disputes (disagreements)

decides if a law goes against the Constitution

Am I supposed to rememeber all 4 at the time of interview?

No, unless specifically stated IN the question, you only have to give one answer.

05/2007 - got married in Germany

05/2007 - filed I-130 via DCF in Frankfurt

08/2007 - interview to prove bona fide marriage

09/2007 - hubby PCSed to GA

10/2007 - hubby deployed to Iraq

04/2008 - hubby on RnR in Germany

08/2008 - received CR-1 visa

12/2008 - flew to GA alone to welcome home the hubs

09/2009 - PCSed to CA

03/2010 - we're pregnant!

06/2010 - applied for German "BBG" to retain German citizenship during naturalization

08/2010 - BBG granted

09/2010 - filed ROC

12/2010 - received 10 year GC

12/2010 - our little miracle is born!!!

01/2011 - PCSed to Germany

01/2012 - filed N-400 for overseas naturalization

03-15-2012 - Best of Both Worlds, I'm a dual citizen :-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

CONGRATS to our new fellow CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! :dance: Your journey has been long, expensive, and nerve wracking. I know my wife's time will come soon and then we only have to deal with my stepdaughter's citizenship journey. She is now 21 and though she came over with my wife when she was almost 17, she is no longer a minor and, as far as i know from my investigations, she has to wait the 5 years before she can apply. So, a 2 year break for me before helping her with her application and papers.

but, again, CONGRATS!!!! (F)

Jan 26, 2012...mailed N-400 for wife

Feb 2, 2012..check cashed

Feb 3, 2012 NOA email and text message

Feb 7, 2012 NOA hard copy in mail

March 14, 2012 email stating in line for interview scheduling

March 15, 2012 email stating the interview was scheduled and we should be receiving the letter

3-17 interview letter in the mail--scheudled for 4-19-12

4-19 Wife passed interview! Oath to be scheduled

5-24 Oath ceremony! new US citizen

Miguel 123--How was the interview Thursday??? Did you see us? hahaha...like you even know what we look like.

My husband was approved I wrote about it here http://www.visajourn...ship-interview/

Congrats Nich-Nick!! :dance:

Didn't get the oath letter same day though, as by the time I was interviewed, it was already like 4pm :( I was in a waiting room with at least 500 people.

Yay! Congrats !!! :dance::dance:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

N400 Timeline:

4/14/12- 3rd yr as PR

1/17/12- mailed packet

Biometrics-- waived

4/25/12- interview- passed & took my oath the same day!!-- US Citizen!!!

My N400 Journey took 3months & 8days!:)

Filed: IR-2 Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Congrats to everyone!! We are all moving right along...

I am just updating my husband's oath date. We got May 9. I was hoping for May 30, the next choice from the San Francisco USCIS office. My mother and brother wanted to come, and the earlier date means my brother can't come and my mother had to buy a quick ticket. Oh well. My family is so excited and my mother is making this into a whole celebration, staying the night before and after in a fancy hotel, etc etc. I am so annoyed that USCIS doesn't do the ceremony in San Francisco any more, they moved it over to a theater in Oakland. I wanted to walk over in the morning... oh well again. Such problems, hahaha

I will report back with details. There will be 1100-1300 people at the ceremony! I wonder about the logistics of this....

1. DO NOT DELETE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.

2. Please make sure you are using Rich Text Editor as your message setting.

3. Click "Reply" on the most recent/updated posting version of this list.

4. Remove the "Quote Coding" at the top and bottom of the list.

5. Always use [Courier New] Font and font size [2]

6. Red Font="I'm A United States Citizen"!

**For more detailed instructions with screen-shots "CLICK HERE"**

=================================

N-400: January 2012 Applicants

=================================

======================================

USCIS Dallas/Lewisville, Texas Lockbox

======================================

UserName...........|Sent.....|ChkCashd.|NOA......|Fprints..|Int Ltr..|Intview..|Oath.....|FieldOffice.........|

Miguel123..........|12/27/11.|01/03/12.|01/03/12.|01/20/12.|03/19/12.|04/26/12.|--/--/--.|Houston, Tx.........|EB: 01/12/12

DeathStrike_1......|12/28/11.|01/02/12.|01/04/12.|02/02/12.|03/19/12.|04/24/12.|--/--/--.|Orlando, FL.........|

Sib................|12/30/11.|01/05/12.|01/03/12.|Waived...|03/13/12.|04/18/12.|--/--/--.|Jacksonville, FL....|

zebra212...........|12/31/11.|01/07/12.|01/06/12.|02/12/12.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Fairfax, VA.........|EB: 01/27/12

DeathStrike........|01/04/12.|01/10/12.|01/13/12.|01/25/12.|03/19/12.|04/23/12.|--/--/--.|Jacksonville, FL....|

Pinktulips2012.....|01/04/12.|01/11/12.|01/10/12.|02/07/12.|03/02/12.|04/02/12.|--/--/--.|Memphis, TN.........|

Notscenenough......|01/06/12.|01/11/12.|01/09/12.|01/26/12.|03/26/12.|04/26/12.|--/--/--.|New York City, NY...|EB: 01/18/12

Pandawars..........|01/06/12.|01/12/12.|01/09/12.|02/02/12.|02/11/12.|03/19/12.|04/18/12.|Lawrence, MA........|EB: 01/27/12

Waithatter.........|01/09/12.|01/13/12.|01/12/12.|Waived...|03/17/12.|04/19/12.|--/--/--.|Dallas, TX..........|

Derpina............|01/10/12.|01/18/12.|01/13/12.|Waived...|04/02/12.|05/03/12.|--/--/--.|Atlanta, GA.........|

Ree................|01/10/12.|--/--/--.|01/13/12.|02/01/12.|02/21/12.|03/21/12.|04/19/12.|Buffalo, NY.........|EB: 01/31/12

Nelly228...........|01/13/12.|01/20/12.|01/19/12.|02/07/12.|03/19/12.|04/18/12.|--/--/--.|New Orleans, LA.....|

Blessed N Favored..|01/15/12.|01/23/12.|01/20/12.|02/17/12.|03/09/12.|04/10/12.|04/26/12.|Dallas, TX..........|

Fuzzymiss..........|01/17/12.|01/25/12.|01/23/12.|02/15/12.|03/08/12.|04/12/12.|05/10/12.|Boston, MA..........|

Corishman..........|01/17/12.|01/26/12.|01/23/12.|03/08/12.|??/??/12.|04/18/12.|04/27/12.|Philadelphia, PA....|

New2009............|01/17/12.|01/26/12.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Fairfax, VA.........|

USA82..............|01/18/12.|01/26/12.|01/20/12.|??/??/12.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Hartford, CT........|EB: 04/11/12

Colombian_PTE......|01/24/12.|--/--/--.|01/27/12.|02/16/12.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|New York City, NY...|

Jade_arm...........|01/26/12.|02/01/12.|01/30/12.|Waived...|03/12/12.|04/16/12.|04/16/12.|Dallas, TX..........|

SiteDirector.......|01/30/12.|--/--/--.|02/10/12.|02/29/12.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Raleigh, NC.........|

Rylee..............|01/30/12.|02/03/12.|02/03/12.|03/05/12.|03/12/12.|04/16/12.|--/--/--.|Memphis, TN.........|

================================

USCIS Phoenix, Arizona Lockbox

================================

UserName...........|Sent.....|ChkCashd.|NOA......|Fprints..|Int Ltr..|Intview..|Oath.....|FieldOffice.........|

Rodgieslove........|01/02/12.|01/??/12.|01/??/12.|02/08/12.|02/??/12.|03/19/12.|03/19/12.|Seattle, WA.........|

Randye80...........|01/04/12.|01/10/12.|01/10/12.|01/26/12.|??/??/12.|03/19/12.|04/12/12.|Fresno, CA..........|

DAndy127...........|01/05/12.|01/12/12.|01/11/12.|Waived...|03/12/12.|04/17/12.|04/24/12.|Chicago, IL.........|

HuffyTheSlayer.....|01/05/12.|01/13/12.|01/12/12.|02/02/12.|02/10/12.|03/19/12.|04/17/12.|San Bernardino, CA..|

Raul y Karla.......|01/14/12.|01/20/12.|01/17/12.|02/07/12.|04/20/12.|05/22/12.|--/--/--.|Los Angeles, CA.....|

Last Stand.........|01/14/12.|01/24/12.|01/23/12.|02/09/12.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Los Angeles, CA.....|

Mary'n'Ev..........|01/16/12.|01/23/12.|01/23/12.|02/08/12.|03/19/12.|05/03/12.|--/--/--.|Kansas City, KS.....|

Pepper.............|01/17/12.|01/25/12.|01/24/12.|Waived...|03/16/12.|04/25/12.|04/25/12.|Denver, CO..........|

Rosie74............|01/20/12.|01/26/12.|01/23/12.|05/11/12.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|San Diego, CA.......|

Manias.............|01/22/12.|02/02/12.|01/30/12.|03/30/12.|04/02/12.|05/02/12.|05/02/12.|Honolulu, HI........|

JK0926.............|01/23/12.|01/27/12.|01/30/12.|02/13/12.|03/17/12.|04/23/12.|--/--/--.|Omaha, NE...........|

SerenityNOW........|01/24/12.|01/31/12.|01/26/12.|02/22/12.|03/06/12.|04/12/12.|05/09/12.|San Francisco, CA...|

Wackodacko.........|01/24/12.|01/31/12.|01/26/12.|02/22/12.|03/16/12.|04/19/12.|--/--/--.|San Francisco, CA...|EB: 02/14/12

Calibound..........|01/24/12.|01/25/12.|01/27/12.|02/21/12.|04/12/12.|05/15/12.|--/--/--.|Los Angeles, CA.....|EB: 02/15/12

Cwaf...............|01/26/12.|02/02/12.|02/03/12.|--/--/--.|03/17/12.|04/19/12.|--/--/--.|Indianapolis, IN....|

KathrynP...........|01/27/12.|02/02/12.|02/01/12.|Waived...|02/29/12.|04/04/12.|04/12/12.|Portland, OR........|

Bayojona3131.......|01/28/12.|02/03/12.|02/08/12.|02/28/12.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Los Angeles, CA.....|

TiJay..............|01/30/12.|02/03/12.|02/06/12.|02/24/12.|04/11/12.|05/23/12.|--/--/--.|Los Angeles, CA.....|EB: 02/17/12

===========================================================================

USCIS Lincoln, Nebraska Lockbox (Filing Under 319b, 328, or 329 of the INA)

===========================================================================

UserName...........|Sent.....|ChkCashd.|NOA......|Fprints..|Int Ltr..|Intview..|Oath.....|FieldOffice.........

Ruffie.............|01/06/12.|01/20/12.|01/12/12.|01/03/12.|03/08/12.|03/15/12.|03/15/12.|Frankfurt, Germany..|

Nanitao............|12/28/11.|01/11/12.|01/21/12.|Waived...|03/08/12.|03/21/12.|03/21/12.|Newark, NJ..........|

[i am the USC and the wife/stepmother]
The prelude - 2007
November 22 - Married in Bulgaria.
CR-1 - 2008
January 7 I-130 sent - APPROVED in 106 days.
Interview - APPROVED 175 days from NOA-1 date
ROC - 2010-2011
October 5 - I-751 sent APPROVED 111 days from NOA-1 date, no interview.
NATURALIZATION - 2012
APPROVED 79 days.
May 9 - Oath ceremony - in Oakland, CA.

*************Didn't have enough of the immigration process yet!! Starting again with 16-year-old (step)son****************
IR-2 - 2012-2013
---USCIS---
Nov 15 - I-130 sent. NOA-1 received from MSC.
Jan 22 - APPROVED 65 days from NOA-1. Never transferred to field office.
---NVC---
Feb 4 - received @ NVC
Feb 26 - Got NVC Case # and Invoice ID #
----------------------------------slowing down the process a little... stepson can't come till nearly July-----------------------------
March 19 - Sent e-mail Choice of Agent, without scan of DS-3032. Paid AOS fee ($88).
April 1 - Choice of Agent information accepted (10th "working day" to accept).
April 3 - IV invoice appeared. Paid IV fee ($230).
April 11 - Sent IV package and AOS package TOGETHER. Confirmed delivery April 15.

April 26 - Case Complete (10th working day)

May 14 - Interview date assigned (12th working day)

June 5 - Interview in Sofia - VISA GRANTED!!!

June 16 - POE @ SFO. No problems. He's a citizen now!

Oct 4 - US Passport received. (SS card received some time in the summer; had to go to SSA office to obtain)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.