Sayha or bust.

Odd things your spouse does.

389 posts in this topic

I wanted to share some of the odd things my wife does. Share some of your stories.

1. Sweeps the carpet with her small straw broom.

2. Caught her cleaning the bath tub with a toilet brush.

3. When taking pictures never a pic taken with 3 people.

4. Refuses to use our brand new dishwasher. Most of our dishes are cleaned in cold water with extreme amounts of dish soap.

5. Our son uses a bucket in the shower and doesn't turn on the shower head.

6. Cleans her teeth before she eats, not after.

7. When buying pants she measures the waist with her neck. Never seen this done before.

8. Rarely likes to put food in the icebox after she cooks.

9. Uses msg and sugar like it's going out of style."Guess she doesn't want me around for too long...lol"

10.Likes to squat on a chair instead of sitting while we eat dinner.

Despite all what I describe, I wouldn't change a thing and love her so much!!!!

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

1. shakes his leg before he sleeps

2. brushes his teeth before he eats (weird must be an eastern thing)

3. has to have sauce with everything he eats

4. likes to mix strange food together

5. takes longer than me to do his hair.

Lol. This sounds very similar to what my husband does.....he's not here yet but the times Ive spent with him, I've seen a lot of his routines. Like you, I feel some are strange but I wouldn't change a thing ;)

Married: 6/17/11

I-130 Sent: 7/9/11

NOA1 : 7/14/11

I-129F Sent: 7/21/11

NOA1: 7/21/11

NOA2: 8/22/11

NVC Received: 8/24/11

NVC Left: 8/26/11

Consulate Received: 9/5/11

Packet 4 Received: 10/4/11

Medical Done: 11/7/11

Interview: 11/23/11

Approved: 11/23/11

Changed to CR1: 12/16/11

Medical Re-Done: 1/5/12

Waiting for Issuance of Visa.........

Awwww. Your post is so cute. I don't think not using the dishwasher is an odd thing though lol. I don't use it myself.

My husband finds it strange that I insist that he sleep on the side of the bed closest to the door. I grew up hearing that in the event of a break-in the husband can defend his wife.

I like to keep every door and window locked. He hates using a key to get in the house.

I think everything should be made from scratch and my husband uses a lot of shortcuts like canned foods and stuff...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

4. Refuses to use our brand new dishwasher. Most of our dishes are cleaned in cold water with extreme amounts of dish soap.

7. When buying pants she measures the waist with her neck. Never seen this done before.

9. Uses msg and sugar like it's going out of style."Guess she doesn't want me around for too long...lol"

1. I've actually done this before when I couldn't find the vacuum.

2. This is gross. Very very gross (but honest mistake). Bleach, disinfectant.. I don't know if it could ever be clean enough for me again.

3. JUST 3 people? Is this a superstition thing?

4. My ex cleaned in cold water (Malaysian). It doesn't really matter except that hot water breaks up the food particulates better allowing the detergent to work better. A lot of effort scrubbing when she doesn't need to.

5. Why? Is this a water saving thing?

6. Maybe to make sure she's tasting the food as it is rather than leftovers from other food?

7. Why is this? Did you ask her? They're completely unrelated as far as I know.. this is interesting to find out why

8. So the leftovers? Or likes to cool it down before eating it?

9. MSG is banned in Australia. Too many people are allergic to it without knowing they are so it's interesting she cooks with it. If she uses it for other people she should tell them its in there in case they have an allergy.

10. Probably makes her feel more at home. Only does it at home though right?

---

I can't really think of anything too odd Tony does (except words). I had to make him move his k-bar when I came over. He was still waking in a panic at that time (PTSD) and I really didn't want to risk being stabbed.

1. I know that he thought it was odd when I asked him to rinse out the liquid laundry soap cup each time he uses it. I don't like that caked soap at the bottom of the cup.

2. I use ketchup on almost everything.

3. I don't like to eat the sinews (white vein looking things) in chicken and cut it out (wastes a fair bit of chicken but I just can't eat it).

That's all I can think of.

I wanted to share some of the odd things my wife does. Share some of your stories.

Off topic. You wrote ice box. Did you happen to grow up in N. O.?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I can't really think of anything too odd Tony does (except words). I had to make him move his k-bar when I came over. He was still waking in a panic at that time (PTSD) and I really didn't want to risk being stabbed.

1. I know that he thought it was odd when I asked him to rinse out the liquid laundry soap cup each time he uses it. I don't like that caked soap at the bottom of the cup.

3. I don't like to eat the sinews (white vein looking things) in chicken and cut it out (wastes a fair bit of chicken but I just can't eat it).

Vanessa, i do that with chicken too, lol.

Finally time for AOS.......

12/07/11 Sent AOS package

12/09/11 AOS package delivered

12/14/11 Received NOA for I-485 and I-765 (we're not applying for AP)

12/22/11 Received letter for Biometrics

01/04/12 Biometrics in Phoenix

01/31/12 Received email update from USCIS saying that we've been scheduled for an interview

02/03/12 Got an email saying card production had been ordered for my EAD...now just to wait for the card...

02/09/12 Received email saying EAD card has been sent

02/13/12 Received EAD card :D :D :D :D

03/06/12 Interview in Phoenix :).....Approved :D

03/14/12 Received Green card in mail.....

....no more USCIS until December 2013

event.png

1. I've actually done this before when I couldn't find the vacuum.

2. This is gross. Very very gross (but honest mistake). Bleach, disinfectant.. I don't know if it could ever be clean enough for me again.

3. JUST 3 people? Is this a superstition thing?

4. My ex cleaned in cold water (Malaysian). It doesn't really matter except that hot water breaks up the food particulates better allowing the detergent to work better. A lot of effort scrubbing when she doesn't need to.

5. Why? Is this a water saving thing?

6. Maybe to make sure she's tasting the food as it is rather than leftovers from other food?

7. Why is this? Did you ask her? They're completely unrelated as far as I know.. this is interesting to find out why

8. So the leftovers? Or likes to cool it down before eating it?

9. MSG is banned in Australia. Too many people are allergic to it without knowing they are so it's interesting she cooks with it. If she uses it for other people she should tell them its in there in case they have an allergy.

10. Probably makes her feel more at home. Only does it at home though right?

---

Honestly, yes. We have like that herelaughing.gif. Do not ever taken a picture with 3 people or someone who stands in the middle of it would die very soon. blink.gif

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Despite all what I describe, I wouldn't change a thing and love her so much!!!!

My mom did that. That's old thing in Asia, my guess.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Off topic. You wrote ice box. Did you happen to grow up in N. O.?

Iowa

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

My mom did that. That's old thing in Asia, my guess.

I actually just saw that pants-measuring trick on the US show "Extreme Makeover". I had never known about it until I saw that!

I actually just saw that pants-measuring trick on the US show "Extreme Makeover". I had never known about it until I saw that!

Oh.interesting. My mom usually did that every time bought pants for me when I was teenager. I wonder, where originally it comes from by then.huh.gif

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

So funny cause my fiance doesnt really use the shower head either he uses a bucket full of water and uses a cup to pour the water lol

I have also seen him do the pants thing where he measures it around his neck and this is how he determines if it fits!!

I have to say he isnt picky with food but does like ketchup alot haha and he doesnt consider gas station whom have music and beer to be a hangout spot!! Its not a party if you're in a house with tons of people, music, and drinks....cause you're not at a club is what he says.....

He doesnt like attention but likes to be noticed!! lol what is that?? any where he goes he is always the joker ;-) he is so weird and funny and I love him so much !!!

1. If she forgets something in the house and goes back in to retrieve it, she must first look in the mirror

2. Of course, shoes off upon entering the house

3. I must change outside clothes to home clothes when I come home from work.

4. Ziplock bags are a no-no

5. She will not use the dishwasher - NEVER!

6. She will not sit on the toilet, she squats

7. She eats 7-8 apples a day

September 7, 2009 - met Lena online
October 20, 2010 - First Meeting in Kharkov
Oct 20, 2010 - Engaged
December 3, 2010 - Filed I-129F
December 16, 2010 - NOA-1 notification
December 30, 2010 - Second Visit to Kharkov
February 8, 2011 - Touched
April 18, 2011 - NOA-2 notification
April 18, 2011 - Petition at NVC
April 25, 2011 - Medical Exam
April 26, 2011 - Received at Embassy
April 27, 28, 29, 2011 - Repeat medical (passed medical)
May 5, 2011 - Packet #4 received by mail in Ukraine
June 17, 2011 - Interview scheduled 9:00 AM
June 17, 2011 - Visa approved
June 18, 2011 - Interview Review posted
July 11, 2011 - POE - Detroit
July 17, 2011 - Applied for Marriage License
July 17, 2011 - Applied for SSN
August 17, 2011 - Married in Russian Orthodox Church - Detroit
November 11, 2011 - Submitted AOS/EAD/AP
January 3, 2012 - NOA 1
February 7, 2012 - Still no Biometrics appointment
February 10, 2012 - Service Request - no Biometrics appointment to date
February 29, 2012 - Infopass appointment Detroit (no Biometrics appointment letter - over 40 days)
March 9, 2012 - Biometrics
March 12, 2012 - EAD card production email received
March 23, 2012 - EAD received
March 24, 2012 - AOS interview appointment for April 24, 2012 (Detroit)
April 24, 2012 - AOS approved!
May 2, 2012 - 2 year provisional Green Card received
June 2, 2012 - First job - Russian Kindergarden in Oak Park, Michigan

Feb 5, 2014 - I-751 sent

Sept 19, 2014 - RFE

Nov 3, 2014 - Case moved to Detroit Field Office

Dec 29, 2014 - ROC Interview - Detroit Field Office

Feb 16, 2015 - I-751 approved after 2nd interview

Feb 18, 2015 - I 551 stamp in passport

Mar 5, 2015 - 10 year Permanent Resident Status

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.