cbutte3

I-134 affidavit of support

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

along with the I-134 affidavit of support do i need to send anything to prove how much i make a year like a W2 form or old pay stubs. because it says that this could take some time to put this affidavit together . What evidence do i need to send to prove what i make and the amount i have in like my bank account.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I've heard other people posting about previous year's tax return, letter from employer, and W-2's, which is what I'm gathering together. Not worried about identity theft - after all, they already have everything they would need to steal if if they :rofl: really wanted to anyway

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes latest year ITR, W-2 and paycheck stubs, at least last 6 months and Bank Statement :thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

It depends on your situation.

Read the instructions first: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134instr.pdf

And check in your regional forum to see if the embassy requires you to bring anything in addition.

You take the I-134 to your interview with you.

Good luck!

05-2010 I-129F application received by USCIS.

05-2010 NOA1 received.

07-2010 NOA2 received.

07-2010 Packet 3 received.

08-2010 Packet 3 returned.

09-2010 Medical in London.

10-2010 Interview at US Embassy in London: Approved.

10-2010 POE Newark, NJ.

11-2010 Married in Vermont.

03-2011 Notice of acceptance of AOS packet.

03-2011 Biometrics appointment in St Albans.

03-2010 Case transfered to California Service Centre.

04-2011 I-485 Approved.

event.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

along with the I-134 affidavit of support do i need to send anything to prove how much i make a year like a W2 form or old pay stubs. because it says that this could take some time to put this affidavit together . What evidence do i need to send to prove what i make and the amount i have in like my bank account.

HLP is correct. It would help if you said what country you are dealing with.

Best to send last years tax transcript which proves what you made & that youy own no tax. Sending copies of returns ect just proves you filled out forms. It doesnt mean anymore than that.

Get transcripts from IRS for free by calling, on line, by fax, by mail, or in person.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

HLP is correct. It would help if you said what country you are dealing with.

Best to send last years tax transcript which proves what you made & that youy own no tax. Sending copies of returns ect just proves you filled out forms. It doesnt mean anymore than that.

Get transcripts from IRS for free by calling, on line, by fax, by mail, or in person.

That is not Correct! You can take copys of "Filed" ITR returns, and im sure every US Embassy in the world accept them as Fact! I also would have the original just in case. But I know Consulates accept copys of ITR.

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

That is not Correct! You can take copys of "Filed" ITR returns, and im sure every US Embassy in the world accept them as Fact! I also would have the original just in case. But I know Consulates accept copys of ITR.

It is correct!!!!!!!!

Please site your experiance with every embassy in the world. There is a member of V J for example that endured a request for the actual transcripts when his returns were rejected. Too bad he didnt have you take care of the problem.

Its BEST to submit the transcripts. Anyone that submits the returns may be sorry but as always every person does what they think is best. Why take a chance?

The OP will not know until its too late using what you say if you are wrong. Then again you speak for every embassy in ther world.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

The consulate will tell you in the package they will send you once your case has arrived there. But you will need to send the W2, paystubs taxes transcript ( how many years, the consulate will tell you) and it wont hurt to also send the bank statement ah! and letter of employer :))

TdATm5.png

*07-12-2011 --- Package sent :)

*07-13-2011 --- NOA1 , Vermont!

*07-20-2011 --- Touched.

*10-14-2011 --- NOA2!!! Yeeeeeeee!!!!

*10-19-2011 --- Hardcopy of NOA2 :)!!

*10-24-2011 --- NVC Received (no case number assigned yet)

*10-26-2011 --- NVC case number assigned :)

*10-28-2011 --- NVC sent to the embassy :)

*10-31-2011 --- Embassy receives package!!! :)

*12-05-2011 --- Medical! _____DONE AND PASSED!!! :)

*12-19-2011 --- Interview!!! :)!! APPROVED!!! WOOOHOOO!!!

*12-29-2011 --- Visa in hand! :D

*12-30-2011 --- POE Newark!! Finally with mi amor!

*02-24-2012 --- We got married! :) [/color][/font][/font]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

The consulate will tell you in the package they will send you once your case has arrived there. But you will need to send the W2, paystubs taxes transcript ( how many years, the consulate will tell you) and it wont hurt to also send the bank statement ah! and letter of employer :))

It really is dependent on the individuals financial situation and the embassy.

For example, for our situation, in London. Only a letter from my husbands employer was needed, as stated in the I-134 instructions. Nothing else.

The OP should check the reviews from his/her embassy to determine what exactly is requested and what will be accepted.

Southcalhog, you shouldn't tell anyone anything 'as fact' because you really don't know the ins and out of their situation or the embassy they are going through. You might be right, but you also might be wrong.

For example, as per the I-134 instructions, tax information is only required if the person is self employed, however I have seen here that some embassy's ask do for them.

Edited by Helen Louise Pile

05-2010 I-129F application received by USCIS.

05-2010 NOA1 received.

07-2010 NOA2 received.

07-2010 Packet 3 received.

08-2010 Packet 3 returned.

09-2010 Medical in London.

10-2010 Interview at US Embassy in London: Approved.

10-2010 POE Newark, NJ.

11-2010 Married in Vermont.

03-2011 Notice of acceptance of AOS packet.

03-2011 Biometrics appointment in St Albans.

03-2010 Case transfered to California Service Centre.

04-2011 I-485 Approved.

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I put tax copies 3 years, employer letter and statements, bank statements ( letter form bank), did not have a problem.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Consulates vary depending on what they want. It's worth inquiring about to be prepared for their preference.

Sending returns or sending transcripts isn't worth arguing about - send whatever the embassy requests. Tax transcripts should be accepted since they are directly from the IRS, but there are cases where the actual return is necessary (married filed jointly on a past tax year with an ex-spouse, for example)

Either way, remember your current income is most crucial - and that's best proved with a letter of employment and a few recent paystubs.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

First, do NOT pay any attention to the I-134 form instructions. The form and it's instructions were written by INS years ago, but their successor USCIS never uses it anymore. Consulates still use it for screening some non-immigrant visa applicants (like K1's) for the public charge requirement. The only instructions that count are the ones from the consulate. If you follow the instructions that come with the form then you'll be left with the impression that you only need to submit your latest tax return if you're self employed, but nearly EVERY consulate will want that latest tax return.

About transcripts - I've never heard of a consulate that won't accept IRS tax return transcripts instead of a copy of your tax return. Some consulates, including the one where my wife interviewed, clearly state in their instructions that they PREFER IRS transcripts, but will accept a copy of the tax return at the consular officer's discretion. Their exact wording in packet 4 is:

The preferred record of income is the Complete Income Tax Return Transcript from the Internal

Revenue Service (IRS) (formerly IRS Form 1722). However, W-2s and/or a certified copy of a complete federal tax

return (Form 1040), including all pertinent schedules, might be acceptable in some cases.

Carefully read the packet you get from the consulate. If they specifically request transcripts (like the consulate in HCMC does) then get transcripts and submit them. You'll save yourself a lot of potential headaches. You don't need to include W2's or any other tax related documents with the transcripts.

About copies of your tax return - Nobody has their original tax return. If you filed a paper tax return then you sent the original to the IRS, and the only thing you could possibly have is a copy. If you filed electronically, like most people do, then there IS no original return. If you're going to provide a copy of your tax return then make sure it's signed and dated. Include every page you submitted to the IRS, or would have submitted if you'd filed a paper return. This means every form, schedule, and supporting document (W2's, 1099's, etc.). If you filed electronically then the IRS should have given you a "declaration control number" when you filed. USCIS prefers you include that number with the tax return copy you submit, so it wouldn't hurt to presume that the consulate prefers it as well.

About bank statements - You don't need to submit these unless you're self employed, or you're including assets in your bank accounts to help you qualify. If you've got sufficient income to qualify then bank statements are not needed.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

how detailed of a transcript do i need to get form the irs because it looks like there is a few different transcript versions that range in what is included in the transcript. also if i am having a co sponsor also do i need to get a copy of that persons transcripts also.

Get the Tax Return Transcripts, and yes, you need transcripts from the petitioner and any co-sponsor you may have. You each fill out your own I-134, and you each need to provide the documents that go along with the I-134: tax transcripts, employment letter and a few months worth of pay stubs. If anyone is using assets, then provide proof of the assets you list on the form as well, such as a bank letter or statements that show savings.

Edited by Jay-Kay

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.