Bad_Daddy

Is being 'hard headed' a RUB chick trait ?

152 posts in this topic

In my experience Russians yell. Sometimes when they speak Russian I hear what sounds like an heated argument, but in fact they're just having a nice chat. They're voices raise but they aren't angry...it's just how they talk. That style of discourse took some getting used to.

But during real arguments, I've had three Russian women turn into yellers or "snappers"...they'll just fire off a mean sounding one-liner. Like, "Me no like!" "You crazy!" Etc. Those are accompanied by "the look."

This could be generational. All the women I knew lived during the time of the USSR. I can't speak for the younger "free" women.

I know what your saying. RUB people tend to speak a lot louder than we do in general. I thought the same thing at first...that they were arguing a lot until I found out later they just tend to speak loud, and use a lot of expression during a convo that we don't use.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Pay attention Kip. The cold war lasted 50 years. MEN were doing the negotiating.

I do not know how we won.

Who said we won?

Frankly, the world seemed better with one enemy...rather than dozens. The USSR kept the smaller rogue countries in check. These little countries figured we wouldn't nuke em...but the USSR was another story...better not test them. China remained second fiddle behind the Kremlin too.

Ah...the good ole days!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I know what your saying. RUB people tend to speak a lot louder than we do in general. I thought the same thing at first...that they were arguing a lot until I found out later they just tend to speak loud, and use a lot of expression during a convo that we don't use.

Really? I always thought Americans were a lot louder than Russians. Actually I think that Americans are louder than most Europeans and Asians.

Who said we won?

Frankly, the world seemed better with one enemy...rather than dozens. The USSR kept the smaller rogue countries in check. These little countries figured we wouldn't nuke em...but the USSR was another story...better not test them. China remained second fiddle behind the Kremlin too.

I don't know... There are some enemies you created yourself... Like Afghanistan...

And now there is a huge China debt and everything is "made in China"... So the USA is sponsoring China, while China supports the regime in North Korea. That's kind of sad.

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Timeline

Really? I always thought Americans were a lot louder than Russians. Actually I think that Americans are louder than most Europeans and Asians.

I don't know... There are some enemies you created yourself... Like Afghanistan...

And now there is a huge China debt and everything is "made in China"... So the USA is sponsoring China, while China supports the regime in North Korea. That's kind of sad.

Yes, it's a sad paradox. And we didn't learn much from the USSR's folly in Afghanistan...and that was probably a big factor in they're loosing the Soviet empire. And now a big factor in our debt and economy problems.

As to our Asian enemies..we learned zero from Vietnam. Some may remember that very brief "peace agreement" with the North. It lasted until we left...then all hell broke loose. The Asian totalitarian regimes are liars, treaty cheats, brutal and evil. Yet we continue to play their game. My, how far we've fallen.

Wow, this thread has taken off in a short time.

Hard headed for sure. I have to laugh now as so many people were sure I was bringing a woman from FSU because they would be submissive. :rofl: I guess we all know that's not so.

In our home I have to deal with that 'old' methods of doing things because, "This is how its been for thousands of years". With my wife it is always the yelling that accompanies her assertion that someone is gouging us, like insurance, taxes, cost of repairs, etc. I just wait for her to run out of gas. The differences in our ages and experience allows me to calm things down but it seems to be either cultural or her way to rant about things. It's a small thing to put up with considering the other benefits.

I've been listening to money problems with her son lately and he hasn't learned yet how to control his money. I consider letting him get hit hard by bill collectors to teach him a lesson, but still wonder if he will learn from that. And then, it still will need to be fixed anyway.

But like others said before, I was startled by the way Russians spoke and wondered what the heck was wrong. It was, what do you mean, we were not fighting or angry. That does take some getting used to.

Filed: Timeline

Yes, it's a sad paradox. And we didn't learn much from the USSR's folly in Afghanistan...and that was probably a big factor in they're loosing the Soviet empire. And now a big factor in our debt and economy problems.

As to our Asian enemies..we learned zero from Vietnam. Some may remember that very brief "peace agreement" with the North. It lasted until we left...then all hell broke loose. The Asian totalitarian regimes are liars, treaty cheats, brutal and evil. Yet we continue to play their game. My, how far we've fallen.

Family comes first, second, and third. You might be lucky to come in fourth, and only when she doesn't hate you.

Timeline

I've been listening to money problems with her son lately and he hasn't learned yet how to control his money. I consider letting him get hit hard by bill collectors to teach him a lesson, but still wonder if he will learn from that. And then, it still will need to be fixed anyway.

Yes, the uncontrolled money spending issue is another "trait" I've seen. My wife was bad but her son knew no bounds with money. He'd go to a store with no intention of buying anything and come home with $75 sneakers. He'd happily pay full price for anything despite my suggestions to "wait for a sale." Waiting for a sale does not compute with Russians. And they'll spend $20 a day in junk food #######. Used to drive me crazy. I had to cut up my wife's credit card and close the account from wasteful purchases of junk food and fast food restaurant bills.

The Russians make "drunken sailors" look like pikers.

Edited by visaveteran1

American's are louder than most cultures, Germans, Danes, and Swiss come to mind. But I don't think we are louder than RUBs. From what I noticed... Belarusians don't say much if anything to someone they don't know, and if they don't know them well and they have to talk to them it's short and brief. But if it's someone in their "click" and/or family...then it's an entire different thing all together. Sometimes I don't know if they are fighting or just having a conversation by the sound of it.

Amen to that. We learned nothing and it's showing. The hole keeps getting deeper yet this country just keeps on digging. Makes no sense and it's going to be too late soon enough if things don't change quick like.

Hard headed for sure. I have to laugh now as so many people were sure I was bringing a woman from FSU because they would be submissive. :rofl: I guess we all know that's not so.

In our home I have to deal with that 'old' methods of doing things because, "This is how its been for thousands of years". With my wife it is always the yelling that accompanies her assertion that someone is gouging us, like insurance, taxes, cost of repairs, etc. I just wait for her to run out of gas. The differences in our ages and experience allows me to calm things down but it seems to be either cultural or her way to rant about things. It's a small thing to put up with considering the other benefits.

But like others said before, I was startled by the way Russians spoke and wondered what the heck was wrong. It was, what do you mean, we were not fighting or angry. That does take some getting used to.

They might and they do... b*tch, p*ss and moan about how something is here when it takes them unexpectedly and it's different from what they are used to, but the first time you remind them about having a similar experience in their country they usually shut right up.

Family comes first, second, and third. You might be lucky to come in fourth, and only when she doesn't hate you.

I don't understand the thing they have with family. I like my family and all but it's not like they are god or something. With the wife it's like her family walks on water. I'm sure there's a simple explanation for it, but I never looked into it. Iv'e laid it out to her a few times though that this family in this house comes first, and then whatever comes second. She has her pecking order, and Iv'e got mine and mine seems to trump hers when it comes down to money and brass tacks.

Yes, the uncontrolled money spending issue is another "trait" I've seen. My wife was bad but her son knew no bounds with money. He'd go to a store with no intention of buying anything and come home with $75 sneakers. He'd happily pay full price for anything despite my suggestions to "wait for a sale." Waiting for a sale does not compute with Russians. And they'll spend $20 a day in junk food #######. Used to drive me crazy. I had to cut up my wife's credit card and close the account from wasteful purchases of junk food and fast food restaurant bills.

The Russians make "drunken sailors" look like pikers.

I haven't experienced that. Kira is a total jew when it comes to money...that and she hates fast food. Anything she gets is usually on sale, and when she's saving up for something like her trip back home it's even more so. She's about as frugal as they get. She has two credit cards in her name only and she pays them off online before they send her a bill. She's pretty good about stuff like that.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Iv'e heard stories about Latin chicks, and a buddy of mine was married to a gal from Brazil for about six years and she had a bad bad temper and she would yell. His drinking and her yelling killed that marriage.

i can see how one would feed the other perpetually.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I will never show that engineering diagram to Vika. I have this nightmare vision of her taping broken crockery and spraying WD on the sprayer arm of the dishwasher after she blocked it.:lol:

Can't say I have any of the other problems listed here. No orders, little yelling (it does happen), she is much more frugal than I am.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

I will never show that engineering diagram to Vika. I have this nightmare vision of her taping broken crockery and spraying WD on the sprayer arm of the dishwasher after she blocked it.:lol:

Can't say I have any of the other problems listed here. No orders, little yelling (it does happen), she is much more frugal than I am.

Where can I find one of those RUB Stepford wives? :hehe:

sigbet.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Wow, it seems I must have gotten a good deal. My wife usually tells me that I'm the one who won't admit to being wrong. She's right. But she won't admit it either, usually. It works out quite nicely. We get in quite a few heated discussions but we fight fair and try not to say hurtful things. We come to consensus in the end.

As far as money, she did have this spend it all and don't worry about it mindset at first. But we've worked that out. After 2 years of doing the budget together, she had an epiphany. Almost overnight she became an absolute spendthrift and was convinced that we're going broke. That was about 6 months ago. The overshoot has corrected and we have a pretty good handle on finances. She's done some boneheaded things but so have I so it works out.

Just the other day we were discussing how crazy her mother is because she has no concept of saving money or planning ahead. We've both had to admit the weird and just plain incorrect things that our parents did and realize that some of the things you've always accepted as truth are just plain wrong. We've both accepted the general superiority of Google. When her Mom says something that sounds like BS, I google it. I have been wrong a couple times but most of the time I just show it to her and she accepts it.

She's not the best driver (as most new drivers), so the car has a fair number of scratches, dings, dents, and scrapes. But she's always apologetic about it and I can't say she isn't careful. It just takes time to learn to drive well.

I can't really remember very well back to when I couldn't understand Russian. But I don't seem to remember things being louder or quieter. Russian is just more direct. I think in a situation where you don't know what's going on you naturally start to assume some degree of hostility.

Timeline

Just a couple of further points on food. From my experience with 5 Russian women, they all worshiped food. The son of my wife also worships food. Cake is almost a required daily treat. A cake was never around very long when my wife was here...and would disappear in a flash when her son came over. Snickers bars and what I consider junk candy was very popular and always around in volume.

My wife never ate at McDonald's or the other chain fast food joints...but she loved Mall food court food. Ran up a nice tab going there too often. And every morning she's head to Starbucks for a cappuccino and some sweet cake of some kind. Fortunately for my wife, she doesn't gain weight very quickly despite her high sugar diet and fat. If I ate like her I'd be huge in a hurry.

I'd say, in my experience, Russians a have a big sweet tooth.

Just a couple of further points on food. From my experience with 5 Russian women, they all worshiped food. The son of my wife also worships food. Cake is almost a required daily treat. A cake was never around very long when my wife was here...and would disappear in a flash when her son came over. Snickers bars and what I consider junk candy was very popular and always around in volume.

My wife never ate at McDonald's or the other chain fast food joints...but she loved Mall food court food. Ran up a nice tab going there too often. And every morning she's head to Starbucks for a cappuccino and some sweet cake of some kind. Fortunately for my wife, she doesn't gain weight very quickly despite her high sugar diet and fat. If I ate like her I'd be huge in a hurry.

I'd say, in my experience, Russians a have a big sweet tooth.

Man VV, I don't feel so bad now about the wife screwing up her car over and over after reading a few of your post on here. :yes:

sigbet.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

My wife's not particularly hard-headed also.

We have a running "joke" about how life is better here in the US or life is better Back in the USSR!!!!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.