Bad_Daddy

Is being 'hard headed' a RUB chick trait ?

152 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I think it's ALL RUBbers, not just the women. They are "always right," even when everything else you can find on the internet or in books says they are wrong. All of the internet and printed media is wrong, not them.

:lol: Yes, that's true.

Yes, the yelling was there too at times...mainly from her. My poor neighbors.

Yelling is not a Russian thing though. I never yell. I never heard my parents yelling. I usually have enough arguments to prove my point without getting loud.

I get tired of arguing though, I'd rather be like "You can think what you want, nothing is going to change my opinion and I don't want to talk about it anymore".

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Short answer: YES!

And they refuse to be wrong...ever. A logical discussion to prove your point is totally ignored. It is always your fault. If you show them irrefutable evidence they are wrong, they simply go silent and go about their business. I don't think any Russian women I've known has ever apologized for anything of substance.

That look you mention is scary. It's a cold FU look that shows their utter contempt for you in that moment. Let's just say it triggers my PTSD. Yes, the yelling was there too at times...mainly from her. My poor neighbors.

Of course, now that I'm separated, it's very peaceful again. I forgot how nice that can be.

It is true Alla is never wrong. But she is never involved with anything important anyway...so...what? They never apologize for anything of substance because if you do the man's job they never come near anything of substance. And they are perfectly happy with that, in fact she is thrilled if her man does all that stuff, she does in fact "win" again.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

... Yes, the yelling was there too at times...mainly from her. My poor neighbors...

Oh right, how can I forget to mention the yelling?

I am often saying things like: "OK, Ira, that's fine. But there's no need to yell at me."

To which she yells: "I not yell you!! I just talk you!!"

Ирина и Скотт (Iryna and Scott)

Feb 25, 2008 - Sent K-1 petition to VSC

Feb 25, 2008 - Received NOA1

May 30, 2008 - Received NOA2! Woo-hoo!

Jul 18, 2008 - Interviewed in Kiev. Everything went well!

Jul 24, 2008 - Visa received. Yippee!

Jul 31, 2008 - Visited my girl, and we spent my birthday in Odessa!

Aug 05, 2008 - We both arrive in America. Hooray!

Oct 31, 2008 - Married!

Timeline

So it's not just the RUB gals? I was wondering...because she has to be right about everything. She will never admit to making a fck up...never! When it's obvious she's wrong, I don't even bother to argue the point anymore...it never does any good. Anything and everything goes in one ear and out the other. :angry:

Pay attention Kip. The cold war lasted 50 years. MEN were doing the negotiating.

I do not know how we won.

Gary And Alla

Hard-headed? Absolutely.

But let's not forget intolerant and temperamental!

Oh yeah... and jealous... I could probably think of a few more...

Those also! I forgot to mention those until I saw this post.

That might explain why every RUB woman I have met IRL is managing her own business, divorced, and keeps a boy-toy around just to do all the yucky stuff.

That's about it though. I mean they have to run the show...they do that part decent enough and the boy toy part explains it also. Same thing almost every day. She comes home from work, has her cup of coffee and cig, and then I hear in that low...low RUB voice; "Come to bed." It's kind of creepy if your not used to it. It's not that American "Suzy Chapstick voice"...it's a low voice with not a lot of expression in it...more like giving an order. It's like she's taking the guy part of the relationship. I mean if there's such a thing as "female testicles"...she has them somewhere. :unsure:

Short answer: YES!

And they refuse to be wrong...ever. A logical discussion to prove your point is totally ignored. It is always your fault. If you show them irrefutable evidence they are wrong, they simply go silent and go about their business. I don't think any Russian women I've known has ever apologized for anything of substance.

That look you mention is scary. It's a cold FU look that shows their utter contempt for you in that moment. Let's just say it triggers my PTSD. Yes, the yelling was there too at times...mainly from her. My poor neighbors.

Of course, now that I'm separated, it's very peaceful again. I forgot how nice that can be.

She doesn't yell too often, but ya that "cold look". That one ...ya, fck that look. Iv'e seen it more times than what I care to, and it's a mofo to deal with. That one has to be a RUB trait... along with that RUB voice. The one that has like no emotion to it and it makes the hair on the back of your head stand up.

They are hard headed but I would not trouble myself over this and neither would Alla. She would say "Garichka..." while snuggling up to me, unzipping my pants reaching inside..."my car doors do not open easily when I try to open them, do you know what is wrong? Can you fix this for me?" (man's job)

"YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

If there is ANY sign that there is a God, it has to be "sparrow school" And I STILL do not know how we won the cold war.

there is an easy prhase to remember the flowchart

"Use WD-40 to make it GO. Use Duct tape to make it STOP"

The silicone job is the first time she's ever fixed anything, and I'm sure it's because "mama told her to do it that way". If mama, babushka, or papa say the earth is flat, then it's flat. Apparently they walk on water...except when her dad is drunk...then he's dead to her. In fact for a few years I thought he was dead when she told me he was, but when he got back on the wagon all a sudden he was alive again. I was like #######...your dad is alive? I mean she told me this guy was dead and buried. He didn't even know about me until we got married. She needed him to pull a few strings at the ZAGS office for her and all of a sudden he's "papa" again.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

I will not say "Alla never yells" that is probably not correct, but I can say I do not remember the last time she did and I am thinking about it.

When she is "upset" (Russian transliteration for MAD) she actually gets very quiet and reasonable and reminds me how wonderful and beautiful she is and how lucky I am (I should never have admitted that :bonk: ) and that it (whatever "it" is) should be the LEAST I would do for such a wonderful, beautiful woman.

Other than that, she uses seduction.

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Those also! I forgot to mention those until I saw this post.

That's about it though. I mean they have to run the show...they do that part decent enough and the boy toy part explains it also. Same thing almost every day. She comes home from work, has her cup of coffee and cig, and then I hear in that low...low RUB voice; "Come to bed." It's kind of creepy if your not used to it. It's not that American "Suzy Chapstick voice"...it's a low voice with not a lot of expression in it...more like giving an order. It's like she's taking the guy part of the relationship. I mean if there's such a thing as "female testicles"...she has them somewhere. :unsure:

She doesn't yell too often, but ya that "cold look". That one ...ya, fck that look. Iv'e seen it more times than what I care to, and it's a mofo to deal with. That one has to be a RUB trait... along with that RUB voice. The one that has like no emotion to it and it makes the hair on the back of your head stand up.

The silicone job is the first time she's ever fixed anything, and I'm sure it's because "mama told her to do it that way". If mama, babushka, or papa say the earth is flat, then it's flat. Apparently they walk on water...except when her dad is drunk...then he's dead to her. In fact for a few years I thought he was dead when she told me he was, but when he got back on the wagon all a sudden he was alive again. I was like #######...your dad is alive? I mean she told me this guy was dead and buried. He didn't even know about me until we got married. She needed him to pull a few strings at the ZAGS office for her and all of a sudden he's "papa" again.

Alla is the same way unless her Mom disagrees with her, then her Mom is wrong. Simple. Life is simple. I even say ths to her

"Life is simple, Alla is right"

She says "YES!!!!!!! I am right and I always win"

OK sweetheart, is dinner ready?

Gary And Alla

Timeline

OMG! Jealous! Kip she hates when she sees me reading your posts, too many photos of Kira! :lol: Then she sees all the other RUB members photos in their avatar and says

"It is like you show us as trophies"

Yes (Before the Canadian/American and Brit girls jump for joy, wait for it)

"But why do you only have one photo of ME and he has many photos of his trophy"

Because I do not know how to put photos there.

"You should learn ...and put more photos of me"

:rofl: Yep, she is a RUB feminist

The most PO'ed she ever was is when I said I was going to make a "man cave" in our basement with posters of girls in bikinis (joking) OMG!

Frankly I am flattered a girl like ALla is so jealous of me. But if I mention that she will say...

"Why? I am the same way about cell phone, computer, car, etc." :blush:

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

:lol: Yes, that's true.

Yelling is not a Russian thing though. I never yell. I never heard my parents yelling. I usually have enough arguments to prove my point without getting loud.

I get tired of arguing though, I'd rather be like "You can think what you want, nothing is going to change my opinion and I don't want to talk about it anymore".

Now that I think back on it, I don't remember any RUB gal yelling other than a few times when her and her mom got into it. That one was bad, and I stepped out on the balcony to have a smoke until it was over with. But when her papa is drunk...the entire family is getting into it by yelling at him, and he's telling them to stfu. I heard that for hours while driving across one end of Belarus to the other after he didn't come home until the next afternoon...he was ripped and apparently the sister caught him with another gal. That was one long long long drive.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

OMG! Jealous! Kip she hates when she sees me reading your posts, too many photos of Kira! :lol: Then she sees all the other RUB members photos in their avatar and says

"It is like you show as trophies"

Yes

"But why dp yu only have one photo of ME and he has many photos of his trophy"

Because I do not know how to put photos there.

"You should learn and put more photos of me"

The most PO'ed she ever was is when I said I was going to make a "man cave" in ourt basement with posters of girls in bikinis (joking) OMG!

Frankly I am flattered a girl like ALla is so jealous of me. But if I mention that she will say...

"Why? I am the same way about cell phone, computer, car, etc." :blush:

I made that sig using "google picassa". It's a freebie proggy from google and it makes collages, then you just size it down with MS Paint. I only made this sig to p*ss off the CABA chicks when they were flaming us on here last year. I should probably change it, but I'm too lazy. :D

I know the jealous thing though. I helped out a few Ukrainian chicks her last summer with internet when they were working at the cannery, and when she came home and found out about it she came uncnted. Then they stopped by here a few days after that when she was here and it was all good. She made a apple cake and they had coffee and talked in Russian and all of a sudden I wasn't an arsehole anymore. I never did figure out that one...I didn't even ask.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

Timeline

The thought of being "caught" helping Ukrainian chicks in our house is giving me shivers. Please stop talking about that.

She got mad at me for speaking in Russian to a another woman at a party for her college class, a smoking hot blonde student. All very innocent, really. She said I was practicing my Russian so I could go back to Ukraine and get more girls!!!!!!!!!!! No kidding! :lol:

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Is it just me or what? Does anyone else here think their RUB other might be hard headed or is it just me?

:secret: it's not just rub women that are hard headed.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

The thought of being "caught" helping Ukrainian chicks in our house is giving me shivers. Please stop talking about that.

She got mad at me for speaking in Russian to a another woman at a party for her college class, a smoking hot blonde student. All very innocent, really. She said I was practicing my Russian so I could go back to Ukraine and get more girls!!!!!!!!!!! No kidding! :lol:

Not to side track the convo, and I would never screw around on the wife, but these Ukr chicks were smoking HOT! They get a few days off from the cannery now and then when there's a break in the fishing, so they go shopping, bank, stop at the library to use the PC's there to check emails, etc... and I mean loads of Ukrainian, Polish, and Moldovian chicks here...two big cannery's here. So I run into these chicks outside the bank and they ask me if I know where they can use internet and I tell them the library, they tell me it's closed and I'm thinking we have three laptops here so np. They were here for a few hours..emails, surf net and we knocked out a fifth of vodka. But I'm talking high heels, those tight...tight super tight jeans and the bods to fit in them. Meh...being married has it's good and bad.....

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

:secret: it's not just rub women that are hard headed.

Iv'e heard stories about Latin chicks, and a buddy of mine was married to a gal from Brazil for about six years and she had a bad bad temper and she would yell. His drinking and her yelling killed that marriage.

sigbet.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

In my experience Russians yell. Sometimes when they speak Russian I hear what sounds like an heated argument, but in fact they're just having a nice chat. They're voices raise but they aren't angry...it's just how they talk. That style of discourse took some getting used to.

But during real arguments, I've had three Russian women turn into yellers or "snappers"...they'll just fire off a mean sounding one-liner. Like, "Me no like!" "You crazy!" Etc. Those are accompanied by "the look."

This could be generational. All the women I knew lived during the time of the USSR. I can't speak for the younger "free" women.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.