Bad_Daddy

Is being 'hard headed' a RUB chick trait ?

152 posts in this topic

Is it just me or what? Does anyone else here think their RUB other might be hard headed or is it just me?

Just an example. The wife comes home from work yesterday and walks in with a can of silicone from NAPA. I ask her what the silicone is for and she says she "fixed the car door gasket" with it. I was like #######? Then she proceeds to tell me the door was sticking to the gasket and her mom told her to wipe it down with silicone to keep it from sticking...then she goes on to tell me that she told me about this...which I know for a fact she didn't. I tell her we don't use silicone up here for that stuff for the fact silicone freezes on the rubber and it makes it hard as a rock, and that we use WD-40 for that kind of #######. She tells me WD-40 is only good for metal because that's what mama and papa told her. So this morning when it's -5 not including the windchill I go to unplug the car and start it up and the door won't shut. Ya, the silicone froze and the rubber around the door was hard as a rock.

So when I go back inside the house I start to tell her about the door and that if it does it again she needs to let the car warm up inside until the door shuts, but not to keep slamming it over and over. When I'm trying to tell her this she pulls her usual ####### and keeps on doing whatever the fck she's doing and doesn't even listen. So knowing her like I do, and knowing the only way I can get her attention is to go to drastic measures aka "the shock effect". So I tell her that I'l drive her to work, or she can take a cab or ride with someone else. That one caught her attention...but it's like talking to a wall sometimes. So after a two minute free for all yelling match she finally got the hint...I hope.

Seeing how she's already broke the intake manifold for the fact she decided to drive like Mario Andretti over the washboard before they paved it...after I told her not to and sheared two motor mount bolts in the process not to mention she dented the rear end...I never did get the story on that one...didn't even bother to ask...I'm sure she would have given me a bs story anyways. It wouldn't be so bad but for the fact the only parts store we have here is NAPA and they carry the basics only...every thing else has to be flown in and it takes forever sometimes and cost a mint...that and the cheapest pseudo mechanic here is $100 an hour.

So does anyone else deal with ####### like this or is it just me? I mean even my ex wife, gf's, etc... weren't this hard headed.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

I bet she would treat HER stuff with more respect.

K-1 Journey

03-03-2011 - Mailed I-129F application.

03-06-2011 - Packet received in Texas.

03-23-2011 - NOA1 received in mail, dated 03-09-2011.

05-31-2011 - RFE requested. They want better passport pictures of me.

06-06-2011 - Additional passport pics sent.

06-08-2011 - Evidence received and acknowledged. Whew!

06-16-2011 - NOA2 received!

07-20-2011 - Packet 3 Received!

08-01-2011 - Packet 3 returned to Embassy.

08-22-2011 - Packet 4 Received!

09-19-2011 - Interview...APPROVED!

09-23-2011 - Visa in Hand

09-29-2011 - POE LAX

11-11-2011 - Wedding at 11:11pm GMT time.

AOS Journey

12-02-2011 - Mailed in AOS/EAD/AP paperwork.

12-05-2011 - Delivery confirmation per USPS.

12-27-2011 - (3) NOA I-797C received, dated 12-20-2011. Biometrics appt set.

01-10-2012 - Biometrics.

01-20-2012 - Notified of interview appointment for 2-21-2012.

01-31-2012 - EAD and AP approved.

02-08-2012 - EAD/AP card received.

02-21-2012 - AOS interview approved. EAD/AP card confiscated.

03-01-2012 - Green Card in hand!!!

364 days total time!

I bet she would treat HER stuff with more respect.

Yes and no. The car is hers...I have my truck but she doesn't seem to be too keen on keeping her car in one piece. Her other stuff she seems to take care of...like clothes, shoes/boots, make up, etc... but she's killing me with that car. She fcks it up one more time and I'm not going to mess with it again.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

WD-40 is not "only" good for metal but it is not recommended for rubber. It will actually destroy rubber eventually. However car door gaskets are not rubber (very little stuff s actually rubber anymore) WD-40 works for the purpose. Silicone does also, HOWEVER I have no experience using silicone in the extremes of temperature you receive in Alaska, though Vermont is cold, it is not THAT cold. (mid-30s ABOVE zero F, today) Yes we get -40 (C or F makes no difference, -40 is the same for both) but it is rare and people hide when that happens. :lol: -20 F is fairly common. -10 F is normal morning temperature in January or February but that is WAY different than -40, as much as 50 F is different than 80 F. (I thought of that myself!)

I also use silicone OR WD-40 on snow shovels, snowplows, snowblowers, etc to keep snow from sticking. Whichever one is handy

YES they are hard headed which is why the cold war lasted 50 years. How we ever WON is the mystery for me.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

WD-40 is not "only" good for metal but it is not recommended for rubber. It will actually destroy rubber eventually. However car door gaskets are not rubber (very little stuff s actually rubber anymore) WD-40 works for the purpose. Silicone does also, HOWEVER I have no experience using silicone in the extremes of temperature you receive in Alaska, though Vermont is cold, it is not THAT cold. (mid-30s ABOVE zero F, today) Yes we get -40 (C or F makes no difference, -40 is the same for both) but it is rare and people hide when that happens. :lol: -20 F is fairly common. -10 F is normal morning temperature in January or February but that is WAY different than -40, as much as 50 F is different than 80 F. (I thought of that myself!)

I also use silicone OR WD-40 on snow shovels, snowplows, snowblowers, etc to keep snow from sticking. Whichever one is handy

YES they are hard headed which is why the cold war lasted 50 years. How we ever WON is the mystery for me.

I got into the habit of spraying my summer tires with WD-40 when I put them up for the winter to keep them from cracking, but silicone here will freeze solid...I mean it's good stuff, but not in this weather. I didn't know it eats up the rubber, I'm going to look for something else today that doesn't eat it up but still lubes it. Hopefully I don't have to use our astroglide. :devil:

Seriously though it's that sh*tty look she gets on her face that p&sses me off so much. She gets that turned down mouth with the pouty look and doesn't even listen to what I'm saying. I mean this place could be burning down and until she smells the smoke she won't get the hint. The cat listens more attentively than she does. She has a "know it all attitude" that drive me nuts.

sigbet.jpg

flow-chart-for-a-mans-tools-wd40-and-duct-tape1.jpg

K-1 Journey

03-03-2011 - Mailed I-129F application.

03-06-2011 - Packet received in Texas.

03-23-2011 - NOA1 received in mail, dated 03-09-2011.

05-31-2011 - RFE requested. They want better passport pictures of me.

06-06-2011 - Additional passport pics sent.

06-08-2011 - Evidence received and acknowledged. Whew!

06-16-2011 - NOA2 received!

07-20-2011 - Packet 3 Received!

08-01-2011 - Packet 3 returned to Embassy.

08-22-2011 - Packet 4 Received!

09-19-2011 - Interview...APPROVED!

09-23-2011 - Visa in Hand

09-29-2011 - POE LAX

11-11-2011 - Wedding at 11:11pm GMT time.

AOS Journey

12-02-2011 - Mailed in AOS/EAD/AP paperwork.

12-05-2011 - Delivery confirmation per USPS.

12-27-2011 - (3) NOA I-797C received, dated 12-20-2011. Biometrics appt set.

01-10-2012 - Biometrics.

01-20-2012 - Notified of interview appointment for 2-21-2012.

01-31-2012 - EAD and AP approved.

02-08-2012 - EAD/AP card received.

02-21-2012 - AOS interview approved. EAD/AP card confiscated.

03-01-2012 - Green Card in hand!!!

364 days total time!

flow-chart-for-a-mans-tools-wd40-and-duct-tape1.jpg

LMAO!!! That chart is about right on the money though. WD-40, duct tape, along with tie wire have fixed a lot of stuff around this place. :D

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Timeline

You have to get a woman's attention first, before they will listen to you. I learned the trick from an old horse trader that would carry a piece of hardwood in his pocket. When a horse was not cooperating, he would throw that piece of hardwood against something solid, generally the side of the barn. As soon as the horse heard that "thud", it's head would pop up, and pay close attention to whatever Mr. Cooper doing.

You have to get a woman's attention first, before they will listen to you. I learned the trick from an old horse trader that would carry a piece of hardwood in his pocket. When a horse was not cooperating, he would throw that piece of hardwood against something solid, generally the side of the barn. As soon as the horse heard that "thud", it's head would pop up, and pay close attention to whatever Mr. Cooper doing.

I'm getting close to that point. It got so bad that I told her last month she could have this place along with everything in it.., that I was heading back to civilization to go work in a fab shop until construction started up this spring. That one caught her attention. I mean I had to literally go that far just to get her head away from her laptop. It was in regards to this I-751 we have to file and it was important stuff that I was trying to discuss with her.

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I think it's ALL RUBbers, not just the women. They are "always right," even when everything else you can find on the internet or in books says they are wrong. All of the internet and printed media is wrong, not them.

Первый блин комом.

I think it's ALL RUBbers, not just the women. They are "always right," even when everything else you can find on the internet or in books says they are wrong. All of the internet and printed media is wrong, not them.

So it's not just the RUB gals? I was wondering...because she has to be right about everything. She will never admit to making a fck up...never! When it's obvious she's wrong, I don't even bother to argue the point anymore...it never does any good. Anything and everything goes in one ear and out the other. :angry:

sigbet.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hard-headed? Absolutely.

But let's not forget intolerant and temperamental!

Oh yeah... and jealous... I could probably think of a few more...

Ирина и Скотт (Iryna and Scott)

Feb 25, 2008 - Sent K-1 petition to VSC

Feb 25, 2008 - Received NOA1

May 30, 2008 - Received NOA2! Woo-hoo!

Jul 18, 2008 - Interviewed in Kiev. Everything went well!

Jul 24, 2008 - Visa received. Yippee!

Jul 31, 2008 - Visited my girl, and we spent my birthday in Odessa!

Aug 05, 2008 - We both arrive in America. Hooray!

Oct 31, 2008 - Married!

Filed: Timeline

I'm getting close to that point. It got so bad that I told her last month she could have this place along with everything in it.., that I was heading back to civilization to go work in a fab shop until construction started up this spring. That one caught her attention. I mean I had to literally go that far just to get her head away from her laptop. It was in regards to this I-751 we have to file and it was important stuff that I was trying to discuss with her.

That might explain why every RUB woman I have met IRL is managing her own business, divorced, and keeps a boy-toy around just to do all the yucky stuff.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Short answer: YES!

And they refuse to be wrong...ever. A logical discussion to prove your point is totally ignored. It is always your fault. If you show them irrefutable evidence they are wrong, they simply go silent and go about their business. I don't think any Russian women I've known has ever apologized for anything of substance.

That look you mention is scary. It's a cold FU look that shows their utter contempt for you in that moment. Let's just say it triggers my PTSD. Yes, the yelling was there too at times...mainly from her. My poor neighbors.

Of course, now that I'm separated, it's very peaceful again. I forgot how nice that can be.

Edited by visaveteran1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

They are hard headed but I would not trouble myself over this and neither would Alla. She would say "Garichka..." while snuggling up to me, unzipping my pants reaching inside..."my car doors do not open easily when I try to open them, do you know what is wrong? Can you fix this for me?" (man's job)

"YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

If there is ANY sign that there is a God, it has to be "sparrow school" And I STILL do not know how we won the cold war.

there is an easy prhase to remember the flowchart

"Use WD-40 to make it GO. Use Duct tape to make it STOP"

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.