Ro Damon

Went to the local office personally

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hey guys, how are ya!?

Hope everyone is fine....getting somewhere in the "long" process. NOA2's, interview approvals ....something!

Anywhooo I'm a really assertive person and its been 6 months since I filled and just couldn't sit around and wait "patiently" so recently I've just been accessing different medians of getting what we all wanter wanted at one point, a gosh darn NOA2!!

I had a service request done about 2 weeks back, that was no help. then wrote a letter to the online site to my local representative, no reply (at least not fast as I'd like, but i know that would be the fastest way so i went my little butt over to the local office to filled out authorization forms to have that office's liaison be able to access my case etc. (to my surprise it was an old college classmate that was the community liaison. YAY.) she said she'll contact place directly that would be able to help me on monday.....

has anyone every done this? has it helped your process?

Best,

Ro

Edited by Ro Damon

Jun 02, 2011- Applied for I-129F (I-129F) Visa

USCIS

Jun 08, 2011- NOA1 Received I-129F

Jun 13, 2011- USCIS Acceptance confirmation (via Email)

Jun 16, 2011- Received NOA1 Hardcopy

Nov 15, 2011- Put in Service Request (Over 5months)

Nov 23, 2011- Response via email to SR (case "Pending")

Nov 28, 2011- Wrote letter to My district's Representative thru webpage (Gregory Meeks)

Dec 02, 2011- Went to the Local Reps office to have them look into the case further

Dec 07, 2011- Wrote email to the vermont service center ( the got back to me Dec 20, of course to tell me I was approved due to the congressman's inquiry)

Dec 08, 2011- Congressman/Local Rep's inquiry made

Dec 09, 2011- USCIS Text/Email with approval (NOA2) 6 months and 2 days

Dec 14, 2011- Receive NOA2 Hardcopy

NVC

Dec 14, 2011 NVC Received -Got Case number(YAY)

Dec 16, 2012 NVC Left

Consulate

Dec 28, 2011 Consulate Received Case

Dec 28, 2011 Packet 3 Received (via email upon my request)

Dec 29, 2011 Packet 3 Sent

Jan 05, 2012 Packet 4 Received

Jan 25, 2012 Interview

Jan 28, 2012 VISA IN HAND! Yay!

Feb 18, 2012 Hand in hand; NYC Bound to enjoy the COLD with me....staying warm of course *wink wink* \

Mar 24, 2012 OUR BIG DAY

May 07, 2012 Mailed AOS, EAD and AP( Express 2 day )

May 09, 2012 Packet received and signed for

May 11, 2012 Email/Text receipt

God you know my heart and its desire, I'll wait for your time :)

Wow, 6 monthswow.gif! That's awfully long wait to get your NOA2. I do not know how it works, but let us be informed your progress next week. It might be create a new precedence for another applicants in the future if you're succesful.

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Boy I hear you loud and clear. We are now at 7 1/2 months. My fiance is going to the Hertford office on Tuesday for an infopass appointment. We got nowhere with the service request or congressional inquiry. In fact they told Glenn (USC / fiance) that with the service request they buy themselves 90 days to LOOK into the matter.

We even went over every piece of information we sent and there is NOTHING to give a delay (other than the RFE for a divorce certificate. The RFE was issued after 5 months of waiting.

I know patience.. well screw patience now, we want action.

Let me know how you make out on Monday.

Sometimes the expression is true "It's not WHAT we know, but WHO we know. Good luck to you

Terri

Fiance visa

04/28/2011 - I-129F - DENIED

02/18/2012 - I-129F petition filed
02/24/2012 - NOA1
09/04/2012 - NOA2, 193 days

Interview:10/22/2012
POE: 10/26/2012 (245 days)

Removal of Conditions

Filed for ROC - 06/09/2015

NOA1 for ROC - 06/12/2015

Biometrics appointment - 07/17/2015

Approval for ROC - 04/20/2016 (316 days)

Naturalization Process

N-400 Filed 06/10/2016

N-400 NOA1 06/14/2016

N-400 biometrics 06/20/16

N-400 interview 01/23/2017

N-400 Oath ceremony 02/10/2017

Immigration Process took 2116 days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I put a service Request on 21 November , and this is what I get more wait ,I was so disappointed : any idea if they will give me more time after the 60 days pass

On 11/21/2011 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Caller indicated they are:

-- Applicant or Petitioner

Attorney Name:

-- Information not available

Case type:

-- I129F

Filing date:

-- 06/22/2011

Receipt #:

Referral ID:

Beneficiary (if you filed for someone else):

X X

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):

Type of service requested:

-- Outside Normal Processing Times

The status of this service request is:

Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 60 days of the date of this letter.

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Please remember: By law, every person who is not a U.S. citizen and who is over the age of 14 must submit Form AR-11 AND notify this office of their change of address, within 10 days from when they move (persons in "A" or "G" nonimmigrant status are exempt from this requirement). To notify this office of a move, visit our website at: www.uscis.gov or call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. The Form AR-11 can be downloaded from our website or you can call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 and we can order one for you. Instructions for filing the Form AR-11, including mailing instructions, are included on the Form.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hey guys, how are ya!?

Hope everyone is fine....getting somewhere in the "long" process. NOA2's, interview approvals ....something!

Anywhooo I'm a really assertive person and its been 6 months since I filled and just couldn't sit around and wait "patiently" so recently I've just been accessing different medians of getting what we all wanter wanted at one point, a gosh darn NOA2!!

I had a service request done about 2 weeks back, that was no help. then wrote a letter to the online site to my local representative, no reply (at least not fast as I'd like, but i know that would be the fastest way so i went my little butt over to the local office to filled out authorization forms to have that office's liaison be able to access my case etc. (to my surprise it was an old college classmate that was the community liaison. YAY.) she said she'll contact place directly that would be able to help me on monday.....

Best,

Ro

I contacted my congresswoman for help twice - and amazingly, once she was involved, the embassy moved us right along within 2 days or so. Good luck!

Filed: Other Country: Guyana
Timeline

Wow, 6 monthswow.gif! That's awfully long wait to get your NOA2. I do not know how it works, but let us be informed your progress next week. It might be create a new precedence for another applicants in the future if you're succesful.

Yeap, i def will keep you guys posted as to how that goes....

Thnks

Boy I hear you loud and clear. We are now at 7 1/2 months. My fiance is going to the Hertford office on Tuesday for an infopass appointment. We got nowhere with the service request or congressional inquiry. In fact they told Glenn (USC / fiance) that with the service request they buy themselves 90 days to LOOK into the matter.

We even went over every piece of information we sent and there is NOTHING to give a delay (other than the RFE for a divorce certificate. The RFE was issued after 5 months of waiting.

Sometimes the expression is true "It's not WHAT we know, but WHO we know. Good luck to you

Terri

WOW! ghheeeee whizz i can't with these service centers....its as if someone literally stuffed our package in a corner and walk over itt! omgg hope somethings happens for youuuuu Teri!! and that expression is exactly right....and i hope me knowing the liaison will help me out a bit. I know for sure she'll look after my request through her contact...

lets see...

Ro

I put a service Request on 21 November , and this is what I get more wait ,I was so disappointed : any idea if they will give me more time after the 60 days pass

On 11/21/2011 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Caller indicated they are:

-- Applicant or Petitioner

Attorney Name:

Case type:

-- I129F

Filing date:

-- 06/22/2011

Receipt #:

Referral ID:

Beneficiary (if you filed for someone else):

X X

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):

Type of service requested:

-- Outside Normal Processing Times

The status of this service request is:

Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 60 days of the date of this letter.

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Please remember: By law, every person who is not a U.S. citizen and who is over the age of 14 must submit Form AR-11 AND notify this office of their change of address, within 10 days from when they move (persons in "A" or "G" nonimmigrant status are exempt from this requirement). To notify this office of a move, visit our website at: www.uscis.gov or call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. The Form AR-11 can be downloaded from our website or you can call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 and we can order one for you. Instructions for filing the Form AR-11, including mailing instructions, are included on the Form.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

I did a request too and got

"Our computer systems show that your petition or application is still pending U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services consideration. For future status inquiries of a petition or application filed at this Center, you may want to utilize Case Status Online at www.uscis.gov."

I contacted my congresswoman for help twice - and amazingly, once she was involved, the embassy moved us right along within 2 days or so. Good luck!

NICEEEEEEE!!!!! I hope for the same results!!!

keep you guys posted!

Ro

Jun 02, 2011- Applied for I-129F (I-129F) Visa

USCIS

Jun 08, 2011- NOA1 Received I-129F

Jun 13, 2011- USCIS Acceptance confirmation (via Email)

Jun 16, 2011- Received NOA1 Hardcopy

Nov 15, 2011- Put in Service Request (Over 5months)

Nov 23, 2011- Response via email to SR (case "Pending")

Nov 28, 2011- Wrote letter to My district's Representative thru webpage (Gregory Meeks)

Dec 02, 2011- Went to the Local Reps office to have them look into the case further

Dec 07, 2011- Wrote email to the vermont service center ( the got back to me Dec 20, of course to tell me I was approved due to the congressman's inquiry)

Dec 08, 2011- Congressman/Local Rep's inquiry made

Dec 09, 2011- USCIS Text/Email with approval (NOA2) 6 months and 2 days

Dec 14, 2011- Receive NOA2 Hardcopy

NVC

Dec 14, 2011 NVC Received -Got Case number(YAY)

Dec 16, 2012 NVC Left

Consulate

Dec 28, 2011 Consulate Received Case

Dec 28, 2011 Packet 3 Received (via email upon my request)

Dec 29, 2011 Packet 3 Sent

Jan 05, 2012 Packet 4 Received

Jan 25, 2012 Interview

Jan 28, 2012 VISA IN HAND! Yay!

Feb 18, 2012 Hand in hand; NYC Bound to enjoy the COLD with me....staying warm of course *wink wink* \

Mar 24, 2012 OUR BIG DAY

May 07, 2012 Mailed AOS, EAD and AP( Express 2 day )

May 09, 2012 Packet received and signed for

May 11, 2012 Email/Text receipt

God you know my heart and its desire, I'll wait for your time :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey guys, how are ya!?

Best,

Ro

Our local office has been extremely helpful, in things which the local office handles.

The local office does not handle petitions. They have access to the same computer update you do but probably will not bother to check it.They will tell you it takes "about 6 months" (they always say this) and then you will say "but it has been more than 6 months" and they will say "check back again in 30 days"

Being "assertive" means you are going to be very miserable.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Our local office has been extremely helpful, in things which the local office handles.

The local office does not handle petitions. They have access to the same computer update you do but probably will not bother to check it.They will tell you it takes "about 6 months" (they always say this) and then you will say "but it has been more than 6 months" and they will say "check back again in 30 days"

Being "assertive" means you are going to be very miserable.

So Gary and Alla is the status "currently under review" within 60days get a decision a Positive sign or is it just a caned answer for more wait?

Timeline

Terri

you to "at long at last " please keep me posted on what s going on with info pass , I m heading toward the 6 months and I m very frustrated , that is not right

you to "at long at last " please keep me posted on what s going on with info pass , I m heading toward the 6 months and I m very frustrated , that is not right

Will do. Has anyone had any success in doing an infopass appointment or is it another time waster?

Terri

Fiance visa

02/24/2012 - NOA1

Removal of Conditions

Naturalization Process

N-400 Filed 06/10/2016

N-400 NOA1 06/14/2016

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Good job, Skype is wonderful. Our info pass was a waste of time.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Good job, Skype is wonderful. Our info pass was a waste of time.

darn.. please let them help....

Fiance visa

02/24/2012 - NOA1

Removal of Conditions

Naturalization Process

N-400 Filed 06/10/2016

N-400 NOA1 06/14/2016

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

That's good to know. Keep in mind that in your case, that was the State Department, not USCIS. Perhaps State is more likely to listen to congressional inquiries.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I think we're talking about two different "local offices" here. The OP indicated he went to the congressman's local office to sign the authorization forms that allow them to inquire on his behalf. Others are talking about an Infopass appointment at a local USCIS office. So, let's address both of those.

The only difference between an inquiry from a congressional representative and one from the petitioner is that they are required to respond to an inquiry from a congressional representative, whereas they can simply ignore an inquiry from a petitioner. However, they aren't required to provide any information to a congressional representative that they wouldn't or haven't already provided to the petitioner. Some people have reported movement on their case soon after they contacted their congressional representative. Others have reported no change. The only thing we can conclude from this is that there's nothing we can conclude from this. We have no idea whether contacting a congressional representative will result in any action, or what circumstances are more likely to result in action. Judging from the number of VJ members who say they've contacted their congressional representatives I would guess that this tactic is used a LOT, and probably doesn't have much impact anymore.

As Gary mentioned, local USCIS offices don't handle I-129F petitions. These are handled at only a couple of USCIS regional service centers. You can make an Infopass appointment at your local USCIS field office, but neither your petition nor the adjudicator who is reviewing it are there at that office. There's nothing the people at the field office can do to make the adjudicator work any faster on your petition.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

I think we're talking about two different "local offices" here. The OP indicated he went to the congressman's local office to sign the authorization forms that allow them to inquire on his behalf. Others are talking about an Infopass appointment at a local USCIS office. So, let's address both of those.

The only difference between an inquiry from a congressional representative and one from the petitioner is that they are required to respond to an inquiry from a congressional representative, whereas they can simply ignore an inquiry from a petitioner. However, they aren't required to provide any information to a congressional representative that they wouldn't or haven't already provided to the petitioner. Some people have reported movement on their case soon after they contacted their congressional representative. Others have reported no change. The only thing we can conclude from this is that there's nothing we can conclude from this. We have no idea whether contacting a congressional representative will result in any action, or what circumstances are more likely to result in action. Judging from the number of VJ members who say they've contacted their congressional representatives I would guess that this tactic is used a LOT, and probably doesn't have much impact anymore.

As Gary mentioned, local USCIS offices don't handle I-129F petitions. These are handled at only a couple of USCIS regional service centers. You can make an Infopass appointment at your local USCIS field office, but neither your petition nor the adjudicator who is reviewing it are there at that office. There's nothing the people at the field office can do to make the adjudicator work any faster on your petition.

So what you are saying that this trip up to Hartford will result in squat being done. Who then can actually give us information on our petition?

Terri

Fiance visa

02/24/2012 - NOA1

Removal of Conditions

Naturalization Process

N-400 Filed 06/10/2016

N-400 NOA1 06/14/2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.