Mrs.Dario

I-129F Part B question 18

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I've filled out every form, letter of intent, etc. while saving the Part B question 18 "describe the circumstances in which you met" for last.

My question is: ideally, how much detail are we supposed to provide? I tend to get caught up in sappy details and end up with a 10,000 page novel which I realize is not appropriate. Help!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Everyone's is different. You really only need to describe your "meeting in person". It should be pretty brief. My fiance wrote the following on our application:

"Holly and I first met while playing an online video game. Originally we were just friends who occasionally played together. However, over time we spent more time with one another. In late 2008 we became close friends. In January of 2009 I made a joke that I should come up to Vancouver and we could spend a weekend together, eventually this joke turned into an actual plan. My first trip to meet Holly began in June of 2009 after my classes had ended for the semester. I drove my car up the west coast. It took three days of driving to reach the border and soon I made it to her apartment. From the moment we first met one another in person I knew this girl was special. I had originally planned to stay there for only two weeks, but two weeks quickly turned into five. We went camping in Tofino, visited her cousin in Victoria, and I met her father, brother, and grandmother in XXX. Since that first trip we have regularly visited one another every three to four months. Holly agreed to marry me when I proposed to her in July 2010."

A lot of people would probably consider this long, but my fiance and I felt it was equally balanced with mush and fact.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Mine was 3 1/2 pages double spaced

08/01/12-Married08/17/12-Applied for Social Security Card09/23/12-Husband received his Social Security card!09/27/12-Filed AOS09/28/12-AOS package received10/01/12-Text message from USCIS10/03/12-Check cashed10/09/12-NOA1 for I485,I765,I131 AND Biometrics Appointment Letter10/24/12-Biometrics Appointment12/11/12-EAD and AP Approved-75 days12/14/12-EAD/AP Card Production ordered12/21/12-EAD/AP Card came in the mail06/22/13-Green Card Approved06/27/13-Greed Card Production Ordered06/29/13-Green Card came in the mail<p>

04/09/15-Mailed ROC

04/10/2015-Package received

04/14/2015-Check cashed

06/02/2015-Called Service Center (still no NOA1) Service request found out wrong address on paperwork! :(

06/03/2015-Called to get address updated Ar11 online add change didnt work-got infopass for June 10th

06/10/2015-Went to info pass appt. Hubby got a 1yr. Extension stamp in his passport and biometrics done

08/12/2015-ROC Approved. Got letter in the mail.

08/29/2015-received new card in the mail.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I've filled out every form, letter of intent, etc. while saving the Part B question 18 "describe the circumstances in which you met" for last.

My question is: ideally, how much detail are we supposed to provide? I tend to get caught up in sappy details and end up with a 10,000 page novel which I realize is not appropriate. Help!

The size of the box is indicative of how long of an answer they expect.....about two sentences.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

The size of the box is indicative of how long of an answer they expect.....about two sentences.

:thumbs: Exactly! 2 or 3 sentences just describing HOW and WHEN you met...

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

:thumbs: Exactly! 2 or 3 sentences just describing HOW and WHEN you met...

I used two short sentences.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

It depends on which embassy. Some high fraud embassies require in-depth timelines and detailed descriptions that can reach pages in length. Although these are technically not part of Question 18, they are directly related. On mine I referenced the attachment for my timeline/mini-novel.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

It depends on how many times the two of you have met prior to submitting the petition. If like my wife and I we had visited each other more than 15 times it would be difficult to fit in to 2 or 3 sentences. I made a bulleted list with dates it was about 3/4 of a page added as a supplement page, be sure to identify what the page is (i.e. i-129F supplement, part B question 18) be sure it has your full name on it and sign it.

Example:

- July 24 - August 6, 2008 - Met in Beijing where we were both on business

- April 26 - May 5, 2009 - Met in Shanghai and traveled to Hangzhou for vacation

Anyhow this is what worked for us.

Good luck!

I remember during our K1 interview the 'paper checker' officer ripped off the 'see attachment' portion of one of our forms and threw it away without looking at it. Ever since then I have always been dubious of going beyond the space given in the forms.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

"While returning from a trip to Ukraine on September 19, 2007 I had a layover in Prague, CZ Republic. I met Alla while waiting in line to buy bus tickets to the city"

That's it, that's all. I attached ONE photo of us together and copies of our passport stamps (both of ours) and my boarding passes. Approved in 58 days, no RFEs, no questions asked at the interview.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

I say be as brief and to the point as possible, sometimes we can open a can of worms unintentionally, my 2 pager was highlighted and our questions seemed to be drawn from that

event.png

A journey it has been!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ours read as follows:

"Heather ********* and I met via an online game in 2009. We have communicated nearly every day since, either via email, IM or voice/video chat. I have traveled to Canada to meet her in person in 08/2010, 09/2010, 10/2010 and 02/2011. She has traveled to the USA to meet with me in person in 11/2010, 12/2010, 04/2011 and 06/2011. Each visit has been between 3 and 5 days in length."

No attachment, only what fit in the box on Adobe.

We were approved NOA2 today with no RFE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.