usedabused

Deceitful wife and VAWA

59 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm sorry you are going through this things. I really can't imagine why there are woman like that. Very heartless. Makes me feel bad especially when it comes to the kids. I hope everything will work out in favor of you and your kids. Forget that woman, she will bring no good to you and to your kids.

Picture4.jpg

Picture5.jpg

----------------------------------------

K-1 Journey (I-129F)

09/10/2010 ----- Filing date of I-129 F

09/22/2010 ----- NOA 1

02/22/2011 ----- Case being adjudicated

02/28/2011 ----- RFE, Waiver to file 2nd K-1 petition

03/04/2011 ----- RFE reply sent

03/08/2011 ----- RFE received and being reviewed at USCIS

03/17/2011 ----- NOA2 (I-129F approved)

03/23/2011 ----- NOA2 hard copy received

03/29/2011 ----- NVC received our Case

04/04/2011 ----- NVC letter received and case forwarded to US embassy Manila

04/08/2011 ----- US Embassy Manila received our case (Consulate)

04/15/2011 ----- Paid VISA at BPI

04/16/2011 ----- Received Eligibility Letter from US Embassy Manila dated April 8, 2011

04/25/2011 ----- 1st day of Medical

04/26/2011 ----- 2nd day of Medical (I PASSED!! Thank you Lord!!)

05/13/2011 ----- Interview (221g - Case under Administrative Processing "AP")

08/12/2011 ----- Received an email from the embassy "Case is pending review by a consular officer"

My blog: All about my writings and essays

Timeline

I'm sorry you are going through this things. I really can't imagine why there are woman like that. Very heartless. Makes me feel bad especially when it comes to the kids. I hope everything will work out in favor of you and your kids. Forget that woman, she will bring no good to you and to your kids.

Picture4.jpg

Picture5.jpg

K-1 Journey (I-129F)

09/22/2010 ----- NOA 1

04/16/2011 ----- Received Eligibility Letter from US Embassy Manila dated April 8, 2011

08/12/2011 ----- Received an email from the embassy "Case is pending review by a consular officer"

Timeline

Sorry for the double post, my computer messed up!!

Picture4.jpg

Picture5.jpg

K-1 Journey (I-129F)

09/22/2010 ----- NOA 1

It's been horrible. The least she could do is tell me if she wants a divorce, or not. All her answers are ambigious. I believe she may be pregnant, and it may not be mine, because she had been denying me for 1.5 months, all a sudden she takes sick daily to morning sickness...

My local authorities tell me to call ICE. ICE acts as if they do not care about the situation. I went down to their local office as well. They simply do not care. Illegals have too mant rights in our country. Our immigration laws are a joke.

As I mentioned, I have never been in trouble with the law. I was never arrested when she called the police. She's very crafty. She would vanish for days, and now she's trying to use me calling her phone trying to find out where she is as a me harassing her. I do not understand how that is wrong of me. I wonder what the judge would do if his wife just vanished for days. See I am sorry to say our feminist laws are out of control.

Oh wow.. Nice! Man up and take responsibility of your situation instead of blaming illegals and feminists. None of them forced you to marry a woman and stay with her despite finding out that she witheld her immigration status from you. That should have been your first clue to run like hell!

What is done is done, so here is what you need to do now:

1) Hire a lawyer no matter how much it costs. Take a loan or do whatever you need because you stand to lose a lot more without good legal help. If your wife does manage to get you convicted on abuse, it will forever appear on your background checks. Abuse in your background checks will not only affect future employment but also child custody if your children's mother ever decides to challenge you on it. Take Leatherneck's advice and get a TRO against her.

2) ICE will not take action based on hearsay. You need to provide them with concrete evidence and a detailed timeline about your wife and her activities. You need to be factual and concise. ICE will not take you seriously if you appear to be a disgruntled ex-husband, you need to show them that you are genuinely concerned about her trying to frame you for abuse and you are scared for youself and children. Dont not talk about emotions and how you are feeling. Stick to the facts. Tell them exactly how she manupulated you into sending her angry text messages and saving them for future use. Be sure to also inclue the name of the friend who is schooling her. Contact USCIS as well.

Your wife seems to have a headstart and already have her ducks in a row, and you need to be smart and get out of this situation because your children are being affected by this also. Read this article on marriage fraud if you have the time.

http://www.cis.org/marriagefraud

Good luck!

Edited by Nina~

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Court was today ! The judge saw through her lies. The judge was a smart and kind man who has common sense. He denied her restraining order. She had no proof, but a conversation she and I were arguing.... Bless God and bless the judge !

She'll probably be reported to ICE. Since we have state laws against illegal aliens here and hiring them !

Edited by usedabused

Timeline

These cases of marriage for puropses other then genuine love, all have a common pattern.

1. Behavior ranges from indifferent to malicious toward the USC.

2. Arguments that erupt over little issues.

3. Frivolous calls to law enforcement for intervention and documentations.

4. Restraining Order (RO) used as the surprise knock-out punch to the USC.

Get it on record with ICE that you suspect fraud.

By all means obey the RO, but I don't suppose anything (check your copy of the terms of the RO)

prevents you from having a friend enter your home (I could be wrong) with your permission (when she's away) to gather

your clothes, while you remain the legal distance from your home.

You'll only get one crack at the bat, so get your important papers and anything else important to you then.

Based on your post, sounds like she had a plan and just needed marriage to complete and execute that plan.

Court was today ! The judge saw through her lies. The judge was a smart and kind man who has common sense. He denied her restraining order. She had no proof, but a conversation she and I were arguing.... Bless God and bless the judge !

She'll probably be reported to ICE. Since we have state laws against illegal aliens here and hiring them !

if she has no physical/polie/medical other evidence, she'll have a hard time proving any abuse unless she inflicts it upon herself.

how did she "load messages to yiur phone? how will she be able to ruin your life? if she makes accusations without proof, she can't. good thing there's a restraining order because you will have a reason to stay away and she won't be able to lie about any abuse.

if you have family or friends, ask them to help you. every time she calls record it document/video record her lies and then call the police.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

My so called wife and I have been married for 6 months. I was stupid in marrying her after three weeks of knowing her. She blew my mind. After marrying her she tells me she is an illegal alien.

She soon begins to purposely do things she knows I do not like. Like puttting her hands in my face. Knowing I will get mad. She worked five days away from home. I told her all I wanted was her to keep in contact via audible phone conversations with me. All she ever did wss text me throughout the week. I really do not know where she was during these five days. I only saw her on the weekends. In six months of marriage I have only seen her 30 days in total. She would do things to make me upset, and when I got upset ( I never hit her) she would call threaten to call the cops. She tried to get a permanent restraining order against me, but that did not work. She was granted a temporary restraining order, but after the hearing the restraining order was denied, because there is no proof I ever hit her. All she has is us aruging in text messages, and me calling her out of her name because she would purposely call my phone, and hang up, just so I can text her and she could have proof. she would do things to anger me, and then tape it as proof, just so she can file the VAWA... Not to mention she saved every text message I sent her from our first conversation. I know now she had a plan, and that was VAWA.... she never wanted to be with me.... she eventually kicked me out my apartment All she has is me aruguing with her. Plus she only has two pictures with me and only a lease and proof we had bought furniture together... Will USCIS suspect this as marriage fraud ? what could I do to report her... the judge at the restraining order hearing believed it was marriage fraud also ... what can I do to prevent this illegal alien from abusing the American immigration laws ?

thats rough man ! Sorry to hear that. Upsets me when I know so many are trying to get here legit to be with their loved ones , then there are people like that who just take advantage of people. Hope she gets what she deserves.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** merging two topics on the same issue ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

So, what is the situation now?

Since the restraining order was denied in court, have you get back to your apartment and kick her out?

Naturalization

04/22/15 (Day 0) N-400 Package sent

08/03/15 Interview - Recommend for Approval

08/18/15 Oath Ceremony

ROC

12/17/2013 (Day 0) ROC Package sent

12/23/2013 (Day 7) NOA date

01/27/14 (Day 43) Biometric Appointment

03/14/14 Case transferred to CSC

05/16/14 New Card Received

AOS from B2
11/14/2011 (Day 0) AOS Package sent (I-130, I-485, I-765)
11/15/2011 (Day 1) Package received by USCIS

12/12/2011 Biometrics Appointment
01/28/2012 (Day 74) EAD Card in hands
02/02/2012 (Day 79) Received letter of Interview Notice
03/02/2012 (Day 108) Interview - Dallas
03/21/2012 (Day 127) Green Card in Hands!

• 3 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If this were a typical relationship between two Americans then I would agree wholeheartedly. However, it's not typical. The OP's spouse has a lot to gain by fabricating an abuse case against him. If she can build a convincing case then she can get a green card, while there's virtually no other way she could get one.

I agree that abusive men often loudly proclaim their innocence, but they do so to people who already know about the abuse allegations. They don't generally tell people they don't know that they've been accused of abuse just so they can proclaim their innocence. What the OP has described is the textbook pattern of a foreigner with immigration problems who is playing an American to gain legal status in the US.

When you consider whether someone is lying to you then you must also consider what motives they might have to lie. What motive does the OP have to come on this forum and lie about abusing his wife? What motive does his wife have for lying when she claims to be abused?

When I consider abuse I usually side with the victim unless there is other evidience. It'd be a sad recourse if we took any other approach. In cases of spousal abuse there is always a justification for both parties to lie.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
When I consider abuse I usually side with the victim unless there is other evidience. It'd be a sad recourse if we took any other approach. In cases of spousal abuse there is always a justification for both parties to lie.
Jim's post (which you yourself quoted) IS the other evidence, and you've resurrected a 4-month-old thread.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.