Danno

New High: 65% Oppose Automatic Citizenship for Children Born Here to Illegal Immigrants

45 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

It isn't, and that's the problem :(

Thank you for the conformation...because I have yet to read such language in all of the words in the Congressional Record regarding the 14th Amendment.

Edited by Leatherneck

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

cool!

what's the count for the survey, the take on children born to those here on tourist visas ? :D

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I honestly think this is great; however no matter how much the gov't tried to pass a law negating citizenship to those born here as children of illegal immigrants, they wouldn't. It goes completely against what our forefathers envisioned for this country - it would be unconstitutional.

I honestly don't believe our forefathers foresaw anchor babies. There are loopholes that need to be fixed and that is one of them.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

I honestly don't believe our forefathers foresaw anchor babies. There are loopholes that need to be fixed and that is one of them.

Let's give them a little credit. Some of the founding fathes were "anchor babies". Nine of them were born outside of the USA. I think they had a basic understanding of the concept.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Let's give them a little credit. Some of the founding fathes were "anchor babies". Nine of them were born outside of the USA. I think they had a basic understanding of the concept.

Times change and 1776 isn't 2011.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

Times change and 1776 isn't 2011.

The US population was around 2.5 million in 1776. Indentured servitude and convict labor were still common methods of immigration. It's more likely the founding fathers didn't give much consideration to a time when immigration and over population would be a problem.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: Timeline

How many oppose US employers hiring illegals to avoid labor laws and pocket $$$$ profit? My guess is .."Even more" Why haven't we implemented mandatory E-verify and enormous tax penalties for hiring illegals? Why hasn't a single politician suggested this? Because it WOULD WORK! The illegals are WANTED (but no one admits it) for political purposes.

These "other problems" would no longer be problems.

The raccoons are raiding the trash cans. We can change our diet so as to put out less attractive trash...or we can CLOSE THE LID! (they already climbed the fence)

If we stop feeding them they will go away!

of course, where do you think politicians get their PACs? :D

Filed: Timeline

IMO, They should also denying automatic citizenship for "birth tourists".

It is VERY ridiculous that children of USC males born abroad to non-US women either go through a heck of paperwork and fees and/or getting their child denied US citizenship just because of VERY outdated and SEXIST technicalities while illegals and ESPECIALLY tourists can have a USC child automatically. it does not matter if their intention was only to give birth and not adapt the US as their second/new country.

http://rockcenter.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/10/28/8511587-born-in-the-usa-birth-tourists-get-instant-us-citizenship-for-their-newborns

Edited by Kang

IMO, They should also denying automatic citizenship for "birth tourists".

It is VERY ridiculous that children of USC males born abroad to non-US women either go through a heck of paperwork and fees and/or getting their child denied US citizenship just because of VERY outdated and SEXIST technicalities while illegals and ESPECIALLY tourists can have a USC child automatically. it does not matter if their intention was only to give birth and not adapt the US as their second/new country.

http://rockcenter.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/10/28/8511587-born-in-the-usa-birth-tourists-get-instant-us-citizenship-for-their-newborns

:thumbs:

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Well sure, if it makes you feel better, you just keep posting that over and over.

The 14th amendment is clear to me as it is written. It is different to you because you are analyzing their intent. I'm not. As I said, they should have written what they meant in a way that wasn't open to interperetation. Then we wouldn't have to debate it.

How hard would it have been to include the line "for a child to be considered a citizen, both parents must be US citizens". It only took me 5 seconds to type it. I'm sure a constitutional scholar could have done it even faster.

this country was created through immigrations. child born here is a US American and will be. whether you love it or hate that is your opinion. And word for those who are taking about the sneaking, one way or the other immigrants of different colors come to this country and you are a part of it if you are not a native american. shut the hell up....

this country was created through immigrations. child born here is a US American and will be. whether you love it or hate that is your opinion. And word for those who are taking about the sneaking, one way or the other immigrants of different colors come to this country and you are a part of it if you are not a native american. shut the hell up....

Save it. Anchor babies are a cheap shot at the immigration laws and it's a loophole that needs to be closed.

sigbet.jpg

Timeline

I did not give my opinion one way or the other. It seems your desire to post has outpaced your reading comprehension.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

How many oppose US employers hiring illegals to avoid labor laws and pocket $$$$ profit? My guess is .."Even more" Why haven't we implemented mandatory E-verify and enormous tax penalties for hiring illegals? Why hasn't a single politician suggested this? Because it WOULD WORK! The illegals are WANTED (but no one admits it) for political purposes.

Not just for political purposes. Many of the jobs that illegals take are ones legals would be utterly desperate to take. Case in point: even throughout the recession and high sustained unemployments, farms have been dying to keep workers -- the new immigration laws have been spooking their employees and they've been unable to find work. Even raising their prices, Americans don't want the jobs - physical labor in hot beating sun, for wages that only hit minimum wages if they're *good* at what they do, because the positions are often paid by barrel or bushel instead of by hour.

I-129F Petition Mailed: 26 Oct 2009 ♥ NOA1: 27 Oct 2009 ♥ NOA2: 15 Jan 2010

K-1 VisaNVC: 22-27 Jan 2010 ♥ RdJ receipt: 1 Feb 2010 ♥ Packet 3/4: 12 Feb 2010 ♥ Interview: 4 May 2010

»-(¯`·.·´¯)-> Married (17 Aug 2010) <-(¯`·.·´¯)-«

AOS (I-485)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ To CSC: 20 Sept 2010 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Oct 2010 ♥ RFE: 10 -16 Nov 2010 ♥ Approved: 18 Nov 2010

AP (I-131)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ Approved: 20 Oct 2010

EAD (I-765)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Oct 2010 ♥ Approved: 20 Oct 2010

ROC (I-751)Mailed: 6 Nov 2012 ♥ NOA: 7 Nov 2012 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Dec 2012 ♥ Approved: 15 May 2013

Naturalization (N-400)Mailed: 03 August 2015 ♥ NOA: 07 August 2015 ♥ Biometrics: 3 Sept 2015 ♥ Interview: 13 Nov 2015 ♥ Oath: 8 Dec '15

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

This has nothing to do with "different colors", it has to do with people who enter the country illegally or are here long after the expiration of their legal VISIT to the USA . Why is a child of criminals entitled to the most sacred gift in the world - citizenship?

You are correct in the fact that ours is a nation made up of immigrants. Differnce is, those who came before signed in at Ellis Island did so LEGALLY. Sneaking across a river or landing on our shores in an innertube is NOT legal. Why should anyone gain a benefit from a wrongful deed?

I believe in immigration, just in the correct manner. You come here legally and contribute to our soceity and decide to have children - wonderful... They are welcome citizens in our land. Cheat the system, break the law and have your child here? They go home with their parents!

How you made this about "different colors" is beyond me.

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!