hikergirl

Deportation Cases of Illegal Immigrants to be Reviewed

13 posts in this topic

The Department of Homeland Security will begin a review on Thursday of all deportation cases before the immigration courts and start a nationwide training program for enforcement agents and prosecuting lawyers, with the goal of speeding deportations of convicted criminals and halting those of many illegal immigrants with no criminal record.

Full NY Times article found here: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/17/us/deportation-cases-of-illegal-immigrants-to-be-reviewed.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

The Department of Homeland Security will begin a review on Thursday of all deportation cases before the immigration courts and start a nationwide training program for enforcement agents and prosecuting lawyers, with the goal of speeding deportations of convicted criminals and halting those of many illegal immigrants with no criminal record.

Full NY Times article found here: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/17/us/deportation-cases-of-illegal-immigrants-to-be-reviewed.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss

"with the goal of speeding deportations of convicted criminals" = Agree strongly

"halting those of many illegal immigrants with no criminal record"= Disagree. Illegal is illegal. Speed up the deportation process for ALL illegal immigrants.

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Timeline

No.

Deporting a single person costs us, the US taxpayers, $11,500 on average. Deporting 11 million would cost us $126,000,000,000.00. We don't have that kind of cash. We are broke and have maxed out all of our credit cards already. We need to spend our money wisely, which is why the President has ordered to focus on the bad guys first and foremost. I rather see my money spent on deporting 100,000 criminals -- murderers and rapists -- instead of 100,000 school children.

I'm sure deportation has a cost associated with it, but there also are HUGE savings too. It may indeed cost $11,500 per person to deport, but how much does each illegal immigrant cost if they STAY in the US illegally? What is the cost for medical care for each illegal immigrant? What is the cost to educate each illegal immigrant's child? What is the cost when illegal immigrants use public benefits and contribute NOTHING to our soceity? Are they paying taxes? Serving in public service or the armed forces? What is their CONTRIBUTION?

I would venture a guess that it costs MORE than the $11,500 you cite to feed, clothe and care medically for each illegal immigrant and the cost of education is enormous. Wonder what the TRUE cost of deportation is when you factor in all the expenses associated with caring for these people..

K-1 JOURNEY

08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
01/04/2011 - Medical
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Filed: Other Timeline

On first sight that sounds right. But if you take a closer look, you'll find that illegal immigrants pay big time into the U.S. economy.

First, many illegal aliens and people who our out of status work. I'm sure we can agree that there are not 11 million people getting paid under the table. They work in agriculture, meat processing plants, restaurants, you name it. Illegal aliens may use a false SSN or one that does not provide authorization to work. But even in these cases Uncle Sam will deduct SS payments. They go into the big pot, the pot you and I will dip into, but the illegal alien will never be able to reap the benefits of his payments. That, by the way, is one reason why the U.S. government loves illegal aliens. They fill SSA's koffers!

Secondly, every product an illegal alien purchases, every gallon of gas, every loaf of bread, every chicken head, is taxed. So if one illegal alien spends only 1,000 per month or 12,000 per year on products, and we multiply this by 11 million and assume a sales tax of 8%, then Uncle Sam gets over $1,000,000,000.00 (!!!) from those illegal aliens in sales tax annually!

I have no clue how many children who are unlawfully present in the U.S. are in school, but the states love them dearly, because Uncle Sam gives 'em money per head. Less children, less federal funds for the schools, more cookie baking and car washing events to get even books for kids.

All of this is not an argument for illegal immigration. It's an argument against the presumed financial burden illegal aliens have on the U.S economy.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Timeline

On first sight that sounds right. But if you take a closer look, you'll find that illegal immigrants pay big time into the U.S. economy.

First, many illegal aliens and people who our out of status work. I'm sure we can agree that there are not 11 million people getting paid under the table. They work in agriculture, meat processing plants, restaurants, you name it. Illegal aliens may use a false SSN or one that does not provide authorization to work. But even in these cases Uncle Sam will deduct SS payments. They go into the big pot, the pot you and I will dip into, but the illegal alien will never be able to reap the benefits of his payments. That, by the way, is one reason why the U.S. government loves illegal aliens. They fill SSA's koffers!

Secondly, every product an illegal alien purchases, every gallon of gas, every loaf of bread, every chicken head, is taxed. So if one illegal alien spends only 1,000 per month or 12,000 per year on products, and we multiply this by 11 million and assume a sales tax of 8%, then Uncle Sam gets over $1,000,000,000.00 (!!!) from those illegal aliens in sales tax annually!

I have no clue how many children who are unlawfully present in the U.S. are in school, but the states love them dearly, because Uncle Sam gives 'em money per head. Less children, less federal funds for the schools, more cookie baking and car washing events to get even books for kids.

All of this is not an argument for illegal immigration. It's an argument against the presumed financial burden illegal aliens have on the U.S economy.

I understand that you are not a proponent of illegal immigration and are merely looking at the economics of it as you see them, but I respectfully diagree.

Even with whatever taxable purchases that illegal immigrants make, they still TAKE much more than they contribute in every way.

I could care less that Uncle Sam appreiates their purchases of gasoline and their contributions into the SSA, medical care and education expenses ALONE offset any positive economic influx that the spending habits of illegals create.

And for once - it SHOULDN'T be just about the money. Illegal is illegal, and that is what I posted in the first place. Even if illegal immigrants do contribute to the SSA coffers the manner in which they chose to find the land of opportunity was and is wrong. That in itself deems them undesirable to me - and they SHOULD be deported. The message that the US sends across the world is so mixed up when it comes to immigration...

I have no problems with immigration, hence I fell in love with a non USC and I've petitioned for her to come legally to share my life. The best day of my life will be when we marry and later on when she takes the oath to become a US Citizen. Why? Because we will have done it the right way and simply put - it's the correct thing to do.

K-1 JOURNEY

08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
01/04/2011 - Medical
02/18/2012 - Wedding

Timeline

Apparently a good scare seems to work. Arizona's law lost most of its teeth, yet something like 90,000 left the state.

Well, my position remains the same. Speed up deportation process for illegal immigrants with and without criminal records.

K-1 JOURNEY

08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
01/04/2011 - Medical
02/18/2012 - Wedding

Deportation is so expensive because of (for profit! -- corporate-owned!) detention centers that charge hundreds of dollars a day per detainee, federal officers, judges, transport, etc.

If you want to take away the financial burden from the US taxpayers, make e-Verify mandatory and impose huge fines to employers of illegal aliens with the thread of losing their business license for a repeat offense. Without jobs and means to make a living, illegal aliens would self-deport at their own expense.

Isn't going to happen though, as the corporations own the politicians and the last thing the corporations want is legislation impacting their profitable slave labor. The blacks were freed by Lincoln, the whites by F.D.R. . . . can't free the brown people also!

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

IAnd for once - it SHOULDN'T be just about the money. Illegal is illegal, and that is what I posted in the first place. Even if illegal immigrants do contribute to the SSA coffers the manner in which they chose to find the land of opportunity was and is wrong. That in itself deems them undesirable to me - and they SHOULD be deported. The message that the US sends across the world is so mixed up when it comes to immigration...

I have no problems with immigration, hence I fell in love with a non USC and I've petitioned for her to come legally to share my life. The best day of my life will be when we marry and later on when she takes the oath to become a US Citizen. Why? Because we will have done it the right way and simply put - it's the correct thing to do.

I agree 100%. Choosing to sneak into the country by illegal means make someone an Illegal Alien which makes them a criminal.

I think the laws should be changed so that at least one parent must be a US citizen before a child can be considered a US citizen because too many people sneak in then have an "anchor baby" so they won't be deported.

There are costs associated with free healthcare,added burdens to the school systems etc. Even if there were no financial impact I would still want every person who decides to live in the US to do it the Legal way like we did!

I think the laws should be changed so that at least one parent must be a US citizen before a child can be considered a US citizen because too many people sneak in then have an "anchor baby" so they won't be deported.

That would be a change of the Constitution, called an Amendment. For that to happen you would have to convince at least 3/4 of all Americans who are registered to vote to agree with an Amendment that takes away rights from U.S. citizens.

Good luck with that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

uncle sam doesn´t necessarily get all of that - state and local governments do.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• 3 weeks later...

"with the goal of speeding deportations of convicted criminals" = Agree strongly

"halting those of many illegal immigrants with no criminal record"= Disagree. Illegal is illegal. Speed up the deportation process for ALL illegal immigrants.

:thumbs:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.