stefan y karen

K1 Visa Stress Relief

53 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I'm feeling really frustrated by the entire process today, so I've already banged my head against the wall, pounded my fists on the desk, slammed my foot in the car door and screamed really loud primal screams. Any other ideas on ways to reduce stress?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I've done the screaming part...and I have to admit, damn it feels good to get it out although it sounds like God knows whattttttt.....lol, haha. The only problem is that one time I decided to do it in my house and ALL my windows were open :blush::blush::blush::rofl: I was too pissed off to even realize it when I did it, but, I didn't care. God only knows what my neighbors think :blink::blink: The screaming works and it's a lot less painful than banging your head against a wall. Also, exercising is a great stress reliever as well and you don't lose your voice :thumbs:

Men are like stars ~ there are a million of them, but only ONE can make your dreams come true. I found my STAR...

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I'm feeling really frustrated by the entire process today, so I've already banged my head against the wall, pounded my fists on the desk, slammed my foot in the car door and screamed really loud primal screams. Any other ideas on ways to reduce stress?

Go get a tattoo!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

For me, I organize and prepare.

I review data. I cross check rules and regulations and timelines. I do my best to become an expert in this process and be prepared for all the little things that can go wrong. And trust me lots of little things will go wrong. Expect them to. But control what you can and accept the rest.

Accept that this is a frustrating and difficult process and might be a stressor on your relationship.

You should have seen the I-134 and Evidence of Relationship packets I prepared. I watched the time lines and saw when I was in my “window” for an NOA2. I shipped things to my fiancée so that she was ready to walk into her interview with neatly tabbed and ordered binders of the I-125f (she does not need, but should have a nice copy), the I-134 and supporting documents, and a packet of evidence of a relationship that was comprehensive, yet not burdensome: 8 tactical photos, two up to a page with captions; a record of all phone calls (about 100 over the last six months); declarations of intent to marry; etc,; extra copies of the NOA1 and NOA2.

Study and prepare. That is the best I can offer.

Best of luck.

--------------------------------

Priorty Date: June 22, 2011

Interview Sept. 7, 2012

Visa in hand, Sept 15, 2012

Timeline

I review data. I cross check rules and regulations and timelines. I do my best to become an expert in this process and be prepared for all the little things that can go wrong. And trust me lots of little things will go wrong. Expect them to. But control what you can and accept the rest.

Accept that this is a frustrating and difficult process and might be a stressor on your relationship.

You should have seen the I-134 and Evidence of Relationship packets I prepared. I watched the time lines and saw when I was in my “window” for an NOA2. I shipped things to my fiancée so that she was ready to walk into her interview with neatly tabbed and ordered binders of the I-125f (she does not need, but should have a nice copy), the I-134 and supporting documents, and a packet of evidence of a relationship that was comprehensive, yet not burdensome: 8 tactical photos, two up to a page with captions; a record of all phone calls (about 100 over the last six months); declarations of intent to marry; etc,; extra copies of the NOA1 and NOA2.

Best of luck.

This was great advice :D You've got the right idea!

Men are like stars ~ there are a million of them, but only ONE can make your dreams come true. I found my STAR...

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yes, I feel the same way, and have filed the petition 1 month ago only.

So bad to have to wait!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

During those 4 months I waited for my NOA 2 I cleaned, worked, studied, drank in copious amounts, and enjoyed life. Yes I did the sreaming thing, the crying spell and the fist bang, but that was controlled by recreational activities over the phone with my loved one... ;)

Edited by NY_BX

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

going on a murderous rampage would probably help to relieve the stress... but it might not look too good at the interview :lol:

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Timeline

I'm liking this idea! Any recommendations on what it should say? Maybe "Waiting for NOA2"

God no! Then you'll be reminded of this process for the rest of your days! lol, haha

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Timeline

Best of luck.

Brother, you and I sound like kindred spirits. I am a type A person too and I prepared my girlfriends binder for her with color coded tabs and pictures with captions. Finished that about a month ago. Have added a new binder and print out new pages of skype chat at the end of each week. I cannot just wait and relax so I have a done a TON of other stuff too that I am waiting to see if any of it works. Now I am counting the number of shingles on the roof across the street, which led me to my earlier activities...

Timeline

During those 4 months I waited for my NOA 2 I cleaned, worked, studied, drank in copious amounts, and enjoyed life. Yes I did the sreaming thing, the crying spell and the fist bang, but that was controlled by recreational activities over the phone with my loved one... ;)

I zoomed right in on "drank copious amounts' THAT is an idea! Maybe I will tie that to getting the tatoo!

Filed: Other Country: Guyana
Timeline

going on a murderous rampage would probably help to relieve the stress... but it might not look too good at the interview :lol:

that would surely give ya something elese to stress about....lol smh

I would say to just gather and read up and all things the needed to be presented at the interview...mehh...(in the same boat, counting days until...)

Jun 02, 2011- Applied for I-129F (I-129F) Visa

USCIS

Jun 08, 2011- NOA1 Received I-129F

Jun 13, 2011- USCIS Acceptance confirmation (via Email)

Jun 16, 2011- Received NOA1 Hardcopy

Nov 15, 2011- Put in Service Request (Over 5months)

Nov 23, 2011- Response via email to SR (case "Pending")

Nov 28, 2011- Wrote letter to My district's Representative thru webpage (Gregory Meeks)

Dec 02, 2011- Went to the Local Reps office to have them look into the case further

Dec 07, 2011- Wrote email to the vermont service center ( the got back to me Dec 20, of course to tell me I was approved due to the congressman's inquiry)

Dec 08, 2011- Congressman/Local Rep's inquiry made

Dec 09, 2011- USCIS Text/Email with approval (NOA2) 6 months and 2 days

Dec 14, 2011- Receive NOA2 Hardcopy

NVC

Dec 14, 2011 NVC Received -Got Case number(YAY)

Dec 16, 2012 NVC Left

Consulate

Dec 28, 2011 Consulate Received Case

Dec 28, 2011 Packet 3 Received (via email upon my request)

Dec 29, 2011 Packet 3 Sent

Jan 05, 2012 Packet 4 Received

Jan 25, 2012 Interview

Jan 28, 2012 VISA IN HAND! Yay!

Feb 18, 2012 Hand in hand; NYC Bound to enjoy the COLD with me....staying warm of course *wink wink* \

Mar 24, 2012 OUR BIG DAY

May 07, 2012 Mailed AOS, EAD and AP( Express 2 day )

May 09, 2012 Packet received and signed for

May 11, 2012 Email/Text receipt

God you know my heart and its desire, I'll wait for your time :)

Timeline

Right as the cops are hauling me away my cell phone would buzz with a text message that said "NOA2 Approved"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.