clayr

VJ member about child's death in Vietnam

68 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

sorry for your loss but hand, foot, and mouth disease and the lack of proper medical care in Vietnam are the only things responsible for the death.

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=681900 I hope to bring attention to the news about how the US govt contributed to the death of my baby. These consular officers should pay for their mistake.

I've listened to your story in the interview. I'm sorry for your loss. However the consulate officers are not responsible for your loss.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Government just do what it's needs to do, the process applies with everybody not just you. It just happened that your kid got sick on the along the way. It's very devastating to lose a kid. We all feel you.

Happy New Year!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I suppect someone eaarly in the process decided that you should be rejected and made notes in your file. From that point forward the deck was stacked aginst you. I dont know if this applies but I think if they have a file on you then you can request to see it under the freadom of information act.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm so sorry.

I can kind of understand them denying a fiancee visa the first time, but to deny a visa to a pregnant wife or a wife with a newborn when the father says he's the father?

Ara & Anya - Tucson, Arizona

IR-5 for my (Anya's) mother
00 Filed: 03/08/2013

536 POE: 08/26/2014

Father

00 I-130 mailed to Phoenix Lockbox: 05/28/2014

455 POE LAX: 09/03/2015

Brother (9 years old, A2A through LPR mother)

I-130

00 Filed: 09/12/2014

03 Petition accepted at California Service Center, NOA-1 mailed: 09/15/2014

07 NOA-1 received; Priority date is 09/15/2014: 09/19/2014

176 RFE received: 03/07/2015

238 RFE response mailed to CSC: 05/08/2015

242 RFE response received at CSC; Decision to be made before 07/11/2015: 05/12/2015

308 Approved; NOA-2 mailed: 07/17/2015

314 NOA-2 received; Case sent to NVC: 07/23/2015

371 Welcome Letter received; Choice of Agent form submitted: 09/18/2015

374 AoS fee paid: 09/21/2015

416 IV fee paid; IV application submitted: 11/02/2015

452 IV and AoS packets mailed: 12/08/2015

455 Documents received at NVC; Waiting for CC: 12/11/2015

502 Case Complete; Wating for IL: 01/27/2016

504 Interview scheduled for 03/11/2016: 01/29/2016

523 Medical exam: 02/17/2016 Passed

546 Interview: 03/11/2016 PASSED!

549 Visa issued: 03/14/2016

588 POE LAX: 04/22/2016

SO SO sorry for you loss. Deeply saddened after reading what a traumatic and horrible affair you have had to go through.

I can understand completely how you feel and that yes 'in a way' if the process had been smoother then this tragedy may well have never happened or even if she had been ill and in the USA she could have been given treatment.

The blame does not fall just on the consulate officers or goverment, its one of life's cruel blows.

Married 16/04/2011

I130 Sent 28/04/2011

I130 NOA1 03/05/2011

I130 NOA2 26/05/2011

NVC Received Package 01/08/2011

I864 23/08/2011

Completed DS230 30/09/2011

IV Bill Payed 26/08/2011

Case Completed NVC 06/10/2011

Medical 04/11/2011

Interview Date 02/12/2011

<3 <3 Approved!!!!!

POE Newark 13/12/2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Sorry the news story was short but this was the second time my fiance went to a visa interview. They had the pink sheet there but when they saw her medical report the "required" DNA evidence. My fiance went to the consulate on 3 different dates and was turned away each time for whatever reason. The DNA test kit I paid for was there it would have taken 5 minutes. To those of you who disagree remember if she had been given a visa in Jan, 2011 this would have never happened, in 2.5 months they couldn't conduct a 5 minute test? She also had a copy of my visa and plane tickets she turned in during the interview. I don't issue visas, conduct interviews or take DNA samples. These people don't do their jobs. If they wouldn't give her a visa on the second interview then what caused them to give her a visa this Sept? Maybe they made a mistake?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

http://www.carolinal....aspx?id=681900 I hope to bring attention to the news about how the US govt contributed to the death of my baby. These consular officers should pay for their mistake.

With knowledge that the medical conditions are so poor in VN, why did you elect to get your fiancée before she received her visa to come here? VN was a tragedy for many of us, VA hospitals are loaded with vets with permanent damage. We on this board all had to wait to bring our love ones here, getting both proof that my wife's daughter was hers, and permission to bring her here darn near added a year to our waiting. We all have to wait, none of us received special treatment.

Hospital working wife and my doctor kids are constantly exposed to infantile death, not suppose to get emotional, but my wife is still upset about last Monday. Much of it can be contributed to genetics and prenatal care. In ICU, great efforts are taking to keep these babies alive, but just doctors, not miracle workers. Deaths are related to the lack of care some of these babies experience. No accusations here on your baby.

Sorry for your experience, but also feel you brought this disaster upon yourself. And our relationship with VN is still not the best.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

the spammer has been removed.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

member quoted a post previously removed, returning post below minus the quote.

Back on topic..

I am so sorry for you loss. I cannot even imagine how hard this must be.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. This is truly tragic. We all know what a pain in the #### the Consulate is in HCM.

If I were in your shoes, I would feel the exactly the same way. My prayers to you and your family.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.