Nica_In_Love

US breakup: Myth or reality?

64 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

ib1b3c19af7c3f15bbe259f879d43532d_map.n.jpg

The US might collapse into six pieces, according to a theory proposed by Russian political scientist Igor Panarin. And the current economic crisis in the country, amplified by mass protests, might be the beginning.

In the article below, Panarin explains his view.

The enormous foreign debt ($15 trillion), the huge budget deficit ($1.5 trillion), and the growing number of social protests indicate that my assumption of the US breaking up into six parts is still relevant.

On September 9, 1998, I first voiced my hypothesis of the possible disintegration of the US into six parts in 2010, at a conference named “Information War” in the Austrian city of Linz. The primary reason, as I said then, would be financial and economic problems.

2010 is of course long gone, but the US is still alive and kicking. Is it time to dismiss my 2010 hypothesis as irrelevant? Apparently, no. Time has shown that the US still cannot solve the problem of its foreign debt. When I addressed the Linz conference, it was $2 trillion; now it’s $15 trillion, which means that it soared more than 7 times within 13 years. It’s a road to nowhere because the country will never be able to pay it off. Here’s an example: During the 6 years of Gorbachev’s rule, the Soviet Union’s foreign debt grew fivefold, and earlier, during World War I, the foreign debt of the Russian empire grew 5.5 times. This, among other reasons, was enough to prompt a collapse of the Russian Empire and the Soviet Union.

Barack Obama was elected president amid public discontent with the policies of George W. Bush and the outbreak of the global financial meltdown. The decisive thing behind his victory in the election (he beat John McCain by just 7.5 per cent of the vote) was Americans’ hopes for positive changes. These expectations were aptly exploited in Obama’s campaign as the slogans of “Hope” and “Change.” That is why grassroots Americans viewed Obama as a man who could lead the nation out of the crisis.

Several years have since passed, bringing little to no change. Many of the Obama administration’s moves to speed up economic recovery after the 2008 crisis have failed. Thirty-eight US states had a budget deficit when Obama started his term in office, and the number has grown since. Forty-nine US states are now suffering from a budget deficit. Five times the number of banks that went bankrupt in 2008 threw up the white flag in 2010.

My forecasts seem to be coming true. The number of people forced to use food stamps in the US keeps growing: it grew by 74 per cent over the past three years. Unemployment is growing, too. All of this is fuelling protest moods among the people (a case in point being the Occupy Wall Street protests that have spread to almost all US states).

Mass protests in the US began on September 17, with a crowd attempting to picket the New York Stock Exchange. Since then, the movement against social injustice and corporate greed called Occupy Wall Street has spread to dozens of US cities and even to other countries. Up until quite recently, the protests across the United States were relatively peaceful, but October 25 saw mass clashes with the police in Oakland, California, where riot police moved in to tear down the protesters’ tent city. The police used tear gas and were altogether tough in handling the protesters. The Oakland scuffle was followed by a similar crackdown in downtown Atlanta, Georgia, where the police ripped down over 75 tents and arrested some 100 activists.

Among other things, the protests in the US have highlighted the ever-deepening split within America’s ruling elite, which was made explicit during the US debt-ceiling crisis that preceded the signing of the Budget Control Act on August 2. Many of the OWS activists are also Democrat supporters who backed Barack Obama during the last presidential election. As for the president himself, Obama unleashed stark criticism of Wall Street and the Republican-dominated Congress during an appearance at the University of Colorado, Denver, on October 26.

The overlapping financial, economic and social challenges may eventually cause the world’s strongest superpower of the 20th century to collapse.

Remarkably, a number of analysts in the United States share this opinion. Gerald Celente predicts a disintegration of the US in 2012, while Stephen Cohen projects a similar outcome for 2013. Military analyst and Vietnam War veteran Thomas Chittum warns that the United States could face Balkanization and a “second civil war” based on racial conflicts by 2020.

Source: http://rt.com/politics/panarin-usa-collapse-economy-905/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

It's a fascinating theory and not altogether out of the question.

I have always been into politics but in the UK one has to look for a program on telly that deals with it and people only mention politics in 'normal' life for about 3 weeks every 4 years - just before before the election. Here in the US its a national obsession all the time - every hour every day every week and all over the bumper stickers.

It might be worse just now because a black family are using the white's only toilets in the white house and many people can't stand that

Nevertheless it's the case that Seattle is Chinese/Korean/Japanese and the rest of the West coast is Mexican and the population trends are set and the cultures are diverging fast.

I live on the East side of the cascades and it might as well be Idaho - they hate the people on the West who are non-white and liberal and they have nothing in common with them. There are separate tribes in the US who are different as African bush men to Eskimos in their culture

Perry was talking about Texan secession and the splits aren't even at breaking point yet. Far from it.

But the culture gap between the educated enlightened North and the ignorant, under educated, religious South are huge and plain to see. Add the left over resentments from the civil war and the country no longer functions politically.

If a country no longer functions politically because the people are too diverse in their cultures, then yes we have Northern Ireland/Kurdistan/Kosovo etc etc and separation is not a choice but a natural and unstoppable consequence

The only way the US can function again is by adopting a parliamentary system where the election winner gets to run the country for 4 years. That's not going to happen and so yes it will split - in 50 or a hundred years time - a very short time from now

Edited by Austin Devon

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

ib1b3c19af7c3f15bbe259f879d43532d_map.n.jpg

The US might collapse into six pieces, according to a theory proposed by Russian political scientist Igor Panarin. And the current economic crisis in the country, amplified by mass protests, might be the beginning.

In the article below, Panarin explains his view.

The enormous foreign debt ($15 trillion), the huge budget deficit ($1.5 trillion), and the growing number of social protests indicate that my assumption of the US breaking up into six parts is still relevant.

What? The U.S is suffering from a huge budget deficit/debt and there is a growing number of social protests so the European Union is going to be able to take over part of us (not to mention Mexico and Canada)? I guess once they solve Greece's problems they'll just move on to helping out the U.S.

Edited by dalegg

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

he left out part where TEXAS would just secede.. :)

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The theory where the European union assumes the South East is just silly as is his premise on a whole.

For any type break up to occur we would need a huge amount of demographic relocation to consolidate various groups.

While the Hispanic dominance in the South West and California is a certainty the rest of the country is much more a jumble of creeds, races, and political out looks.

A clean 4-6 part break-up would be a best case situation.... if any such break up comes.

I suspect we will slide into a bankrupt 3rd worldish existence with everyone blaming each other how it happened (Complete with translations).

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Timeline

I suspect we will slide into a bankrupt 3rd worldish existence with everyone blaming each other how it happened (Complete with translations).

Agreed...

event.png

July 5, 2011 - Mailed 129f

July 8, 2011 - NOA1

July 10, 2011 - Touch

October 4, 2011 - NOA2

October 18, 2011 - NVC Receive

October 20, 2011 - NVC Depart

October 24, 2011 - Consulate Receive

November 28, 2011 - Appointment scheduled.

November 28, 2011 - Visa Approved!

December 2, 2011 - Visa in hand,

December 22, 2011 - Fly to Russia.

January 5, 2012 - Return together - POE - IAD (Dulles)

February 25. 2012 - Marriage

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What? The U.S is suffering from a huge budget deficit/debt and there is a growing number of social protests so the European Union is going to be able to take over part of us (not to mention Mexico and Canada)? I guess once they solve Greece's problems they'll just move on to helping out the U.S.

More likely, we'll take over the EU :P

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

on the bright side, i'll be in canada and can get timbits easier then. :devil:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

on the bright side, i'll be in canada and can get timbits easier then. :devil:

Take off, eh?

event.png

July 8, 2011 - NOA1

July 10, 2011 - Touch

October 4, 2011 - NOA2

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Take off, eh?

i sing that song while shoveling snow. :devil:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

What I like about SC...is I don't have to shovel the rain :devil:

event.png

July 8, 2011 - NOA1

July 10, 2011 - Touch

October 4, 2011 - NOA2

Filed: Other Timeline

Who would have guessed that the Berlin Wall would fall? Who would have guessed that the USSR would break into pieces? Who would have guessed that Yugoslavia would have a civil war that would break it up? Who would have guessed that the Middle East would see such an uproar?

My honest take on this? It's possible, just possible, that the Occupy Wall Street movement will gain momentum, so much momentum that even the President cannot afford to be silent about this, and that We The People will demand that corporations are not people and that their money will not run this country. It's possible that we will eventually see publicly funded elections, and that we will have a government by the people, for the people. It will not cause a breakup of the United States, but it will be a revolution nonetheless. If that happens, the U.S of tomorrow will be much different from the U-ess-ay it is today.

God save the Queen, and power to The People!

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Timeline

Who would have guessed that the Berlin Wall would fall? Who would have guessed that the USSR would break into pieces? Who would have guessed that Yugoslavia would have a civil war that would break it up? Who would have guessed that the Middle East would see such an uproar?

My honest take on this? It's possible, just possible, that the Occupy Wall Street movement will gain momentum, so much momentum that even the President cannot afford to be silent about this, and that We The People will demand that corporations are not people and that their money will not run this country. It's possible that we will eventually see publicly funded elections, and that we will have a government by the people, for the people. It will not cause a breakup of the United States, but it will be a revolution nonetheless. If that happens, the U.S of tomorrow will be much different from the U-ess-ay it is today.

God save the Queen, and power to The People!

Just a little perspective, The Occupy crowd is like 4000 strong, the Boy Scout Jamboree had 40,000.

Edited by Danno

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

We should unload The Peoples Republic of California for starters.

Flag_of_Communist_California-300x159.jpg

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

I can see how the current government structure of the US could fail and where there could be a resultant fragmenting of the country much like what happened to the USSR. Possible but unlikely. But doesn't it occur to this author that in the USSR breakup the resulting national entities gained, rather than lost, political independence! How does he imagine it would be different here, that Canada, Mexico, and the EU would absorb parts of the US? And even though China might own much of our debt, that still would not result in it being able to absorb the west coast!