Movin on New Life

Advise for overcoming spouse leaving me for Immigration with another woman

38 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

After 4 years of driving back and forth to Canada every Sunday to be a wife to my Egyptian husband.. He now has dropped me and moved on to a Canadian Arabic woman for Canada residency.

Long story but I will try to be brief

Husband waited in Montreal Canada while US spousal visa was being processed

I drove almost every Sunday...(5 hours) alternating week in Canada to be wife to my husband

(and complete things for Visa process) and week in NY to work and maintain home

Everything approved until Interview... interview approved but when finger printed it was found that he had been deported from US and was not to return for 5 or 10 years but he did 3 or 4 times he was denied and

Issued 601 Waiver to submit... took about 8 months for me to complete and almost 2years to process.

( within 36 hours of contacting the senator's office Waiver was denied. Appeal was granted to submit due to

VSC not following procedures submitted Jan 2010) April 2010 notification from VSC received and sent to Appeals

Last touch Oct 2010 and nothing!!!)

While in appeal seems husband was searching other options fearing there would be no US approval.

(he starting having issues with me saying he now wants children and I can not have any.. asked me to accept him having another woman for child and Immigration back up... 2nd woman may be ok in Egypt but I can not accept)

Within 4 months his family & friends hooked him up with Canadian Arabic woman from Tunisia.

He moved her in and I was out. It seems he can get residency in Canada by simply showing they have lived together for one year. (The woman I feel for because he lied and told her we were divorced and then when I informed that we were not then he said "in process of divorce. I have even found proof he was seeing her and I the same time)

My opinion is they are committing Immigration fraud... first they lied about time they have been together, lied and did not disclose his marriage to me because he would have to give them divorce decree..

To make matters even better for me I have received telephone calls from Canada Bell - $444 for internet and Hydro - $630 for heat & electric... they are running bill in my name and not paying them... Even though I have contacted them several times to disconnect my name... they tell me current resident has to call and approve in their name... Yeah right they are gonna call and say hey we have been using not her sorry we owe you $$

Thoughts, opinions, advise?????

I am so trying so very very very be a decent person and not want revenge right now!!!!

I just dont get people sometimes :{

Thanks for listening

09/2005 submitted I130, 08/09/2006 completed medical,case left NVC to Montreal Embassy July 7, 2006
06/07/2006 NVC CASE COMPLETE! (278 days from I130 submitted to NVC case complete)
August 2006 Interview at Montreal Embassy, need to submit I601 & I212 waiver.July 2007 submitted waivers to Montreal Embassy who forwarded to Vermont Service Center
October 2007 rec'd receipt and notification or waiver processing from VSC, April 2008 rec'd RFE for I601 July 2008 submitted RFE, and rec'd receipt, advised written decision within 60 days
October 24, 2008 sent written request for case status to VSC, May 2009 after written request for status update recd letter "being processed"
July2009 requested Senator inquiry again.. response "with officer, required extra processing" if no response check back 6 months!
Dec 09 requested senator inquiry again, Jan 8 2010 requested more than "general inquiry" senator Jan 11, 2010 Senator requested supervisor
Jan 12, VSC told senator's office we wld recd notice in mail 7 - 10 days Jan 20, 2010 I601 DENIED.... letter dated Jan 14, 2010
April 2010, granted 290b approval to send to Appeal for review

October 2011 Appeal denied due to fraud, now dumped by husband, now with Canadian Arabic woman from Tunisa for Canada residence.. processing Immigration with her now

thru Canada

July2013 He ws deported back to Egypt almost a year ago due to out of status for almost 2 years

movin on to a new life
Felicia

Timeline

im so sorry............ (F)

I really dont know anything about legally getting to him....and if you dont want revenge divorce him...refuse to pay the bills in Canada and tell the company's that you wont because you dont live there and you have already advised them that you want them out of your name...chances of him refunding you anything in money is very slim...if he could do this to you no way is he going to pay what he owes you...i hope that at some point in time your able to heal emotionally from all of this

your in my prayers

sara

Timeline

im so sorry............ (F)

I really dont know anything about legally getting to him....and if you dont want revenge divorce him...refuse to pay the bills in Canada and tell the company's that you wont because you dont live there and you have already advised them that you want them out of your name...chances of him refunding you anything in money is very slim...if he could do this to you no way is he going to pay what he owes you...i hope that at some point in time your able to heal emotionally from all of this

your in my prayers

sara

thank you Sara

I am in the process of divorcing him... but alas all kinds of delays with that!

Oh I am not looking for any refunds from him I am quite confident that would never happen

but thanks be to God I did NOT pay anything regarding the Visa process... only hours and months of my hard work...

regarding the bills... I did refuse and gave them telephone number for both him and her and the landlord who can state when I left there... I also told them my attorney would be contacting them if they did not stop the illegal activity of my soon to be ex husband and his new woman.

thanks to family, friends, God and hopefully VJers my pain and betrayal will continue to get to a point of being in the past.

Thank you again for your words

Feliciapost-20780-0-61925100-1319332542_thumb.jpg

09/2005 submitted I130, 08/09/2006 completed medical,case left NVC to Montreal Embassy July 7, 2006
06/07/2006 NVC CASE COMPLETE! (278 days from I130 submitted to NVC case complete)
August 2006 Interview at Montreal Embassy, need to submit I601 & I212 waiver.July 2007 submitted waivers to Montreal Embassy who forwarded to Vermont Service Center
October 2007 rec'd receipt and notification or waiver processing from VSC, April 2008 rec'd RFE for I601 July 2008 submitted RFE, and rec'd receipt, advised written decision within 60 days
October 24, 2008 sent written request for case status to VSC, May 2009 after written request for status update recd letter "being processed"
July2009 requested Senator inquiry again.. response "with officer, required extra processing" if no response check back 6 months!
Dec 09 requested senator inquiry again, Jan 8 2010 requested more than "general inquiry" senator Jan 11, 2010 Senator requested supervisor
Jan 12, VSC told senator's office we wld recd notice in mail 7 - 10 days Jan 20, 2010 I601 DENIED.... letter dated Jan 14, 2010

October 2011 Appeal denied due to fraud, now dumped by husband, now with Canadian Arabic woman from Tunisa for Canada residence.. processing Immigration with her now

thru Canada

July2013 He ws deported back to Egypt almost a year ago due to out of status for almost 2 years

movin on to a new life
Felicia

Filed: Timeline

Close any credit cards that you may share with him or that he has access to. Close any bank accounts, financial accounts, etc. that he might have access to. Do this before you file for a divorce. If you do this after you file for divorce, you may be accused of stealing from the joint accounts.

Get a family attorney and file for divorce.

Contact a Canadian attorney and have him/her deal with the utility companies.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

wow.. thats mess up

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Timeline

I'd contact Canadian consulate and explain the situation regarding bills in your name - you don't live there. Not sure how much they can do, but you want something on record. Did you know these accounts were set up in your name or did they just start showing up recently?

How was it that the visa refusal caught you off guard? He never told you he was deported from the US and then returned and was kicked out again?

In the end, consider yourself very lucky - he could've used you for US residency, US Citizenship and then once he got that divorced you and went back to Egypt to get his "true" wife and possibly kids from there. Not the case with all US-Egyptian marriages, but there is a reason they consider Egypt and other MENA countries high-fraud.

Hi milimelo

No he was not kicked out more than once

yes he told me he was deported (that his ex girlfriend called police (after they had a fight) and reported he was out of status. He was deported and due to the length of his overstay, he was to stay out 5 or 10 years I am not sure which. I was aware of this but he told me it was no problem now because he had been let in to US legally 3 or 4 times... (now I know it was because he obtained Tourist Visa/passports with various versions of his name....(Egyptian have SEVERAL parts to their complete name) He still to this day claims he was here legally those visits

(to me doesnt make it legal just cause US didnt catch it)

By the way... how he ended up in Canada??? We went to Montreal for a visit and when returning the officers asked questions we answered truthfully and when asked relationship told them we were married... sent us inside where they voided his tourist visa because even though I130 was filed we had no paperwork proving it.... he had to stay while I went home... I130 notification of receipt I received in the mail within a week of being home)

the bills... I called and canceled them when I left and even faxed months later when I received first calls. Hopefully they will confirm with the landlord and end this #######..

thru Canada

movin on to a new life
Felicia

Timeline

Close any credit cards that you may share with him or that he has access to. Close any bank accounts, financial accounts, etc. that he might have access to. Do this before you file for a divorce. If you do this after you file for divorce, you may be accused of stealing from the joint accounts.

Get a family attorney and file for divorce.

Contact a Canadian attorney and have him/her deal with the utility companies.

Thanks Jojo

All mentioned... DONE :}

wow.. thats mess up

you can say that AGAIN!

thru Canada

movin on to a new life
Felicia

Timeline

Not sure which forum applies to my situation so I will put here too

(Please advise if incorrect!)

After 4 years of driving back and forth to Canada every Sunday to be a wife to my Egyptian husband.. He now has dropped me and moved on to a Canadian Arabic woman for Canada residency.

I drove almost every Sunday...(5 hours) alternating week in Canada to be wife to my husband

Everything approved until Interview... interview approved but when finger printed it was found that he had been deported from US and was not to return for 5 or 10 years but he did 3 or 4 times he was denied and

Issued 601 Waiver to submit... took about 8 months for me to complete and almost 2years to process.

( within 36 hours of contacting the senator's office Waiver was denied. Appeal was granted to submit due to

VSC not following procedures submitted Jan 2010) April 2010 notification from VSC received and sent to Appeals

While in appeal seems husband was searching other options fearing there would be no US approval.

(he starting having issues with me saying he now wants children and I can not have any.. asked me to accept him having another woman for child and Immigration back up... 2nd woman may be ok in Egypt but I can not accept)

Within 4 months his family & friends hooked him up with Canadian Arabic woman from Tunisia.

He moved her in and I was out. It seems he can get residency in Canada by simply showing they have lived together for one year. (The woman I feel for because he lied and told her we were divorced and then when I informed that we were not then he said "in process of divorce. I have even found proof he was seeing her and I the same time)

My opinion is they are committing Immigration fraud... first they lied about time they have been together, lied and did not disclose his marriage to me because he would have to give them divorce decree..

To make matters even better for me I have received telephone calls from Canada Bell - $444 for internet and Hydro - $630 for heat & electric... they are running bill in my name and not paying them... Even though I have contacted them several times to disconnect my name... they tell me current resident has to call and approve in their name... Yeah right they are gonna call and say hey we have been using not her sorry we owe you $$

I am so trying so very very very be a decent person and not want revenge right now!!!!

Thanks for listening

Feliciapost-20780-0-39992600-1319335684_thumb.jpg

thru Canada

movin on to a new life
Felicia

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not sure which forum applies to my situation so I will put here too

(Please advise if incorrect!)

Thanks for listening

Feliciapost-20780-0-39992600-1319335684_thumb.jpg

Sad. Cancel your Petition and don't pay another dime.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

im so sorry to hear about your situation. But I am sure that karma will come back and kick him in the rear end!!! :thumbs: The canadian government will do there own research on him and will find out things about him. Good luck to you

im so sorry to hear about your situation. But I am sure that karma will come back and kick him in the rear end!!! :thumbs: The canadian government will do there own research on him and will find out things about him. Good luck to you

Because your credit rating will also be affected, I would contact all parties concerned, USCIS, Canadian Immigration, Hydro, and whatever other bills they are racking up. Time to take care of business. It's not personal just protecting yourself. I really understand the hurt of betrayal but you will be ok. There is a great community here. I hope the right thing is done as I'm a Canadian and it bothers me greatly.

need to vent just share with us...

Terri

Fiance visa

04/28/2011 - I-129F - DENIED

02/18/2012 - I-129F petition filed
02/24/2012 - NOA1
09/04/2012 - NOA2, 193 days

Interview:10/22/2012
POE: 10/26/2012 (245 days)

Removal of Conditions

Filed for ROC - 06/09/2015

NOA1 for ROC - 06/12/2015

Biometrics appointment - 07/17/2015

Approval for ROC - 04/20/2016 (316 days)

Naturalization Process

N-400 Filed 06/10/2016

N-400 NOA1 06/14/2016

N-400 biometrics 06/20/16

N-400 interview 01/23/2017

N-400 Oath ceremony 02/10/2017

Immigration Process took 2116 days.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Key word is for: The Petitioner E-mail and write and sign the Cancelation of the interview and sign in ink and date the Forfeit of the Petition. A telephone call as well. A above post mentioned a loss of Credit Rating due to not paying his and her bills in your name. I think you can STOP the accumulation of these bills although you maybe liable for what you currantly are in dept for. There is no way a credit card company can make you pay the bills after a certain date and you close the account by Fax or Over the phone. Generally, In writing by Faxto the Companies involved.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

I know the Canadian and American credit reports are not interchangeable so your credit rating in the US will not be affected by you not paying their bills. I think though you should put it in writing to the companies that you are not living at the address and you will not be responsible for the bills sent to that address. Include that you have repeatedly called to have your name taken off to no resolve.

Here is the website to report suspected Canadian Immigration fraud: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/protection/fraud/report.asp

Last but not least, I was very sad to read what happened to you. My sympathies are with you and I hope that you can heal quickly and put this behind you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

duplicate topics have been merged

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.