Boulder Eric

What level of postal service did you use...

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I am going to send mine tomorrow via USPS Express Service (1-Day) to NSC and I was also thinking of paying for the Return Receipt Requested service too.

What say you? (because USPS also offers separate services called Delivery Confirmation and Signature Confirmation)

Just curious to see what everyone else used...

01/30/10 - I-751 Removal of Conditions

02/01/10 - I-751 received at CSC 10:49 AM, signed for by L FAIRBANKS

02/03/10 - Check Cashed

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We sent our applications certified mail, with signature required and confirmation returned. Don't do anything else, it will save you peace of mind to get that green card back saying that the service center actually received your paperwork.

7-3-06 GREEN CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!! Done for two years!!!!!!

I am here to help, even if it's just to offer my shoulder to cry or vent on... We are all in this together.!

My answers are based on personal experience, not fact.

We are on this rollercoaster ride together holding on for dear life.

Filed: Other Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I just used priority mail with delivery confirmation. I know a lot of people will use next day or other things like that. Priority seemed to work fine for me, although I did have my doubts walking out of the post office. Whatever makes you feel most secure about your application.

Our K-1 Visa/AOS/RoC timeline can be found here.

I just used the standard USPS Express Mail (2-Day service), and my petition was received and open within three business days.

6/29 - NEW I-129 mailed to CSC

7/21 - NOA1 issued

9/21 - finally ... my first touch!!

9/21 - NOA2 issued

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

We sent our I-130 via Mail Priority using Signature Confirmation. It took 2 days for the mail to arrive. If you are going to use a one day express, try to send it so it doesnt arrive on a Monday or a Friday as VSC say that's when they receive the most volume of mail. I guess that is why even though our application arrived on a Friday, it was "received" until on Monday. Might be different at NSC.

We are planning to send our 129F form via Certified Mail with a return receipt.

I-130

09/06/06: Sent I-130 to VSC via MP - sig confirm, 09/08/06 Mail arrived @ VSC

09/11/06: NOA1

09/18/06: Received NOA1 in the mail

09/19/06: Touched

09/20/06: Touched

I-129F

09/23/06: Sent I-129F (new form) to Chi P.O Box via MP - certified mail w/ return receipt

09/25/06: Mail arrived @ Chi

09/27/06: NOA1

09/28/06: Touched (no status change) - check $

09/29/06: Received NOA1 in the mail

10/03/06: Touched

10/04/06: Touched

10/26/06: Touched - case transferred Chi to VSC

10/27/06: Touched

11/04/06: Touched - VSC received case on 11/3

11/07/06: Touched

11/08/06: Touched

11/09/06: Touched - case now pending 11/18

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm also at FBI

Filed: Timeline
I am going to send mine tomorrow via USPS Express Service (1-Day) to NSC and I was also thinking of paying for the Return Receipt Requested service too.

What say you? (because USPS also offers separate services called Delivery Confirmation and Signature Confirmation)

That's what I always used with just the signature confirmation. Little more than Priority Mail, but never felt like waiting around to see it got there.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I used priority mail, certified with the return card. The post office has nice large tyvec envelopes for free and it held our petition which was quite bulky and could not fit in a normal envelope.

Priority mail tends to take 1 more day to deliver, but since I live 1 state away from the service center it arrive there the next day anyway.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I used express mail the first time I sent it, no signature required, just online tracking. When I sent it the second time, I used priority mail with no tracking or receipt confirmation. It was $4.something as opposed to $14.something express mail, and I really wasn't worried it would get lost or something.

Before all that, I tried to send it FedEx, but they said they couldn't take it since it was going to a PO Box. Even the address USCIS gives for FedEx shipments has a PO Box number on it, so I just couldn't do it like that.

Edited by heishe

signature here

I sent the packet the first time Certified mail; it arrived the second day after I sent it. It cost $2.40 plus the weight of the package to send. The second time I sent it Express and it was $14 and change plus the weight, but that's just 'cause I was annoyed with myself.

I am in Connecticut so it's not that far of a trip.

As long as you can track the package online and confirm receipt I don't think it matters.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

We used Express Mail registered with tracking number.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

At first I sent our petition via Fedex international, because we put the petition together here in Ghana, where I'm staying with my fiance while we do the process. (I maintain an address in the U.S.) But that was a mistake, because the TSC address is a PO Box, and Fedex doesn't deliver to a PO Box. The Fedex people in Ghana didn't know that, so they didn't raise any concerns when I went to send off the package. When it got to the U.S., Fedex was able to contact me via the Ghana Fedex office to ask if I had a mailing adress to use. I didn't, so I had them deliver it to friends who then took it and sent it via the regular USPS with delivery confirmation. That worked fine.

So, don't use Fedex, I guess, unless you know the mailing address (not PO Box) for the service center.

--------------------------

Becoming a U.S. Citizen

2/15/10 Sent N-400 packet via Fedex to Lewisville TX

2/19/10 Received text message and email notification of application received, check cashed

2/27/10 Received biometrics appointment letter

3/19/10 Biometrics appointment

3/25/10 Received email notice that case will be sent for interview scheduling at local office

3/26/10 Received yellow letter asking to being more tax records/info to interview

3/27/10 Received interview letter (dated 3/24/10)

4/28/10 Interview appointment

6/5/10 Received oath letter (dated 6/1/10)

6/29/10 Oath ceremony date

Filed: Timeline

Boulder Eric,

Certified Mail

Yodrak

Just curious to see what everyone else used...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I used Priority Mail with delivery confirmation (online tracking). It got from Utah to Nebraska in two days. I'd to whatever brings you peace of mind, within your budget.

For tax matters, I ALWAYS use certified, return receipt. But that's because there could be a legal question about whether the item was sent, and whether it was received. But here, if they lose it or don't get it, we just have to send it again. There aren't the penalties or deadlines. If I had something where there is an USCIS deadline, I would definitely go with certified, return receipt.

Tom

Thank for for updating your timeline. (My Assistant, then edit/add my timeline.)
K1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.