bcjc

AOS/EAD DENIED HELP PLEASE!

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Guys, I really really need help!

This is what I saw yesterday from the USCIS website upon checking the status of my AOS and EAD.

Decision

On October 3, 2011, we mailed you a denial decision notice for this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. The notice explains why the denial decision was made and the options that may be available to you. If you have not received this notice within 15 days of October 3, 2011, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

I got here November last year (2010) Got married within 90 days but didn't file for AOS/EAD until May 2011.

In July they sent an RFE saying my husband is not making enough money to support us, so we got a co-sponsor, my mother-in-law making $33,000 a year.

Together with that, we sent everything they asked from us.

They received the RFE response in August 9th, and after almost 2 months, both my EAD and AOS has been denied. We haven't gotten the letter yet, so we don't know why it got denied. We called USCIS and talked to an officer and said she can't tell us what's wrong until we receive the letter.

Guys, I'm very very worried. Will I be deported?

Do you know the reasons why I might get denied? Is there anything to do with my late credit card payments back home? (Which I'm trying my best to pay even when I'm here)

Please help me, I don't wanna leave my husband, after so many years of waiting for us to be together.

Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

This is what I saw yesterday from the USCIS website upon checking the status of my AOS and EAD.

Decision

On October 3, 2011, we mailed you a denial decision notice for this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. The notice explains why the denial decision was made and the options that may be available to you. If you have not received this notice within 15 days of October 3, 2011, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

I got here November last year (2010) Got married within 90 days but didn't file for AOS/EAD until May 2011.

In July they sent an RFE saying my husband is not making enough money to support us, so we got a co-sponsor, my mother-in-law making $33,000 a year.

They received the RFE response in August 9th, and after almost 2 months, both my EAD and AOS has been denied. We haven't gotten the letter yet, so we don't know why it got denied. We called USCIS and talked to an officer and said she can't tell us what's wrong until we receive the letter.

Do you know the reasons why I might get denied? Is there anything to do with my late credit card payments back home? (Which I'm trying my best to pay even when I'm here)

Please help me, I don't wanna leave my husband, after so many years of waiting for us to be together.

Thank you.

you'll have to wait until you receive the letter to know for sure. did they receive the i864 for the joint sponsor in time? did you receive any confirmation, or letter that they had received it? if it got lost or they didn't receive it, that could be a reason for denial.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It has nothing to do with late credit card payments.

They didn't get your RFE or they don't believe your marriage. You will need to wait till you get the letter and find out the exact reason.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

They received our RFE response on time.

I don't know why they won't believe our marriage is for real. Is it because I didn't send any wedding pictures? We've been friends since 2005 and been together since 2008 and we waited for 2 years to get to know each other, get engaged and process our k1 Visa. We even got married twice, first one is civil and then a garden wedding. I'm really scared. I came here to start a family and I didn't expect it's this complicated.

Timeline

I think you need to wait for the letter and if you get the chance to appeal for it, send pictures of your wedding, both the civil and the garden. I hope it will be all okay.

Picture4.jpg

Picture5.jpg

----------------------------------------

K-1 Journey (I-129F)

09/10/2010 ----- Filing date of I-129 F

09/22/2010 ----- NOA 1

02/22/2011 ----- Case being adjudicated

02/28/2011 ----- RFE, Waiver to file 2nd K-1 petition

03/04/2011 ----- RFE reply sent

03/08/2011 ----- RFE received and being reviewed at USCIS

03/17/2011 ----- NOA2 (I-129F approved)

03/23/2011 ----- NOA2 hard copy received

03/29/2011 ----- NVC received our Case

04/04/2011 ----- NVC letter received and case forwarded to US embassy Manila

04/08/2011 ----- US Embassy Manila received our case (Consulate)

04/15/2011 ----- Paid VISA at BPI

04/16/2011 ----- Received Eligibility Letter from US Embassy Manila dated April 8, 2011

04/25/2011 ----- 1st day of Medical

04/26/2011 ----- 2nd day of Medical (I PASSED!! Thank you Lord!!)

05/13/2011 ----- Interview (221g - Case under Administrative Processing "AP")

08/12/2011 ----- Received an email from the embassy "Case is pending review by a consular officer"

----------------------------------------

My blog: All about my writings and essays

Did you have an interview? It seems unlikely that you'd be denied based on doubts about your marriage without one, unless they had very strong and compelling evidence. Are you certain you responded to the RFE correctly? I know you said you mailed it back in time, but are you positive all the supporting documents for your MIL's income were correct? Are you certain she made enough money to cover not only herself and you but also any other dependents she has? Hopefully, you will be denied without prejudice and have a chance to refile.

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

I agree with ceadsearc. They wouldn't deny you without an interview unless you failed to respond to the RFE properly. You have one chance to send in the required information, and if you fail to send in the required information, they will deny your application. Wait for the letter to be sure, but it seems you will need a proper co-sponsor and will have to reapply. Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Relax... wait for the RFE... Do you really think the USA ever deports anyone? If you can't resolve this yourself

have the USC contact your US Senators office. They will not let a valid immigrant face deportation.

Regards,

Timeline

As far as I know, we sent all the proper docs for my MIL's income. We even sent our bank info's. Unless what my husband's making and my MIL's are not enough then that might be the reason why it got denied. Please pray for us guys. We're expecting the letter today or tomorrow. As long as we're able to re-file/re-open the case it doesn't matter.

Timeline

I never had an interview. Unless they sent us a letter and we didn't get it. After 2 months of receiving our RFE response, we saw the denial thru the USCIS website. We're just waiting for the letter stating why we got denied.

As far as I know, we sent all the proper docs for my MIL's income. We even sent our bank info's. Unless what my husband's making and my MIL's are not enough then that might be the reason why it got denied. Please pray for us guys. We're expecting the letter today or tomorrow. As long as we're able to re-file/re-open the case it doesn't matter.

The thing is, unless your MIL is part of your household, your MIL's income is not combined with your husband's income to reach the poverty threshold. Your husband, as your primary sponsor, fills out an I-864 no matter what. However, a co-sponsor must make enough money to support themselves, you, AND any dependents they have on their own, NOT including your husband's income. You say your MIL made 33K a year, does she have other dependents at home she is supporting?

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's unlikelikely to happen denying your AOS without interview. Maybe it's the the income. I hope you guys will come up with the best solution to whatever is stated on the denial letter. Goodluck!

K-1 Timeline

October 26, 2010 - I-129F sent to VSC

November 2, 2010 - NOA 1 hard copy (dated Oct. 29, 2010)

November 5, 2010 - Touched

April 15, 2011 - NOA 2

June 21-22, 2011 - Medical (passed! Thank you Lord)

July 19, 2011 - Interview (passed! Thank you Lord)

August 11, 2011 - POE (JFK)

AOS Timeline

Sept. 26, 2011 - I-485 & EAD sent to Chicago Lock box

Sept. 28, 2011 - Text/Email notificaion receipt

Oct. 4, 2011 - NOA 1 hard copy for I-485 & EAD (dated Sept. 30,2011)

October 11, 2011 - Biometrics Letter received (appointment date November 2, 2011)

October 24, 2011 - I-485 transferred to CSC

November 2, 2011 - Bioemtrics done

Dec. 1, 2011 - EAD card production

Dec. 9, 2011 - EAD card on hand

Feb. 10, 2012 - Green Card production

Feb. 16, 2012 - Green Card on hand

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

-Mother Teresa

My Page

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Decision

Thank you.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/06/AR2010100607232.html

Officials with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement said removals during the fiscal year that ended Sept. 30 included more than 1,000 murderers, nearly 6,000 sex offenders, 45,000 drug offenders and 28,000 drunk drivers. The number fell short of the agency expectation of 400,000 deportations but still surpassed the 2009 total of 389,834, the previous record, according to the Associated Press.

The percentage targeting criminals rose sharply - up from 35 percent in the previous fiscal year - in keeping with a new emphasis at the Department of Homeland Security to use immigration enforcement as a crime-fighting tool.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

When you get your denial you will know what they want, possibly reread the original requirements for what you did not send or provide in the first place for now.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.