2. I have noticed some hairs that appear to be grey

3. I have not cleaned my home in 4 months

4. I am over 6000 miles away from a hug I need the most

5. Someone else is in control of my destiny

6. My phone bill was over 700 dollars this month

7. Egyptian internet connection makes web cam poor

8. I work many hours of overtime to pay my phone bills

9. It is cold where I live in Illinois

10. I miss my husband with each breath that I take.

LOL

I do see the light at the end of my tunnel. It is all worth it to be with my husband forever. I can list many many things I am happy for and they will be the same things many people are happy for. I just thought it would be more fun to post depressing stuff! heeheehe

I will be done with NVC soon and then on to wait the dreaded 6 month wait till Cairo interview date. I am sure most other countries can post they are happy their consulates are not like Cairos.

Good Luck

We will all have a happy ending!

use skype or facebook

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Love this.

1. Thankful that I have Jesus

2.For a wonderful man who loves me (L)

3. For being approve

4. For learning patience during this process specially now that we are in ap (patience sometimes lol)

5.That my family loves him and his family love me

6. Wonderful friends who supported us during this process

7.Friends who are going above and beyond to help me plan my wedding

8. For all his kisses and hugs

9. For what is to come

10. For Visa JOurney and the people who have provided encouragement.

Thankful for Life itself. :D

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Each time I come to this site lately there seems to be an overshadow of depression. Come on people shake it off! :)

Let's take a minute and think about the happiness for a while! I challenge each of you to list 10 things you are thankful for today!

I'll start!

#1- I am engaged and have long last found my soulmate!!!! :) Yay!

#2- My fiance is more handsome than your fiance!

#3- My fiance makes me smile through the tears and laugh across the miles between us!! He is my sunshine!

#4- I am healthy and I have a job!!!!

#5- My finace is healthy and is getting a job to help him pass his time!!!!

#6- The weather outside is gorgeous!!!

#7- Skype! OMG this deserves major exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#8- The consular section in Islamabad and particularly the CO who will do my fiance's interveiw! Without them this would not be possible!!!!!

#9- Everyone here on VJ who shares their knowledge and experiences for the Community's benefit!

#10- Chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting bout this thread..makes me smile though i don't agree with your #2,lol!laughing.gifAnyway,these are the things that makes me happyheart.gifdancin5hr.gif.

1.Happy that i am engaged to the most wonderful and most amazing handsome man on earth.

2.Have the most brilliant sparkling bluest eyes,no other but my fiance.

3.My fiance is always there for me no matter what,in times of happiness and in sorrow..

4.Have the most loving and super duper protective man of the whole wide worlddancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif

5.Being with my fiance everyday through Skype and in YM till early morning without missing a time though sometimes were both grumpy..lol!rofl.gif

5.Listening with my fiance's voice on the phone.

6. The fact that my fiance always tells me EVERYDAY that i am beautiful without missing a day of not telling it..Also calling me Princess and Angel which makes me feel very so special to him always.

7.The way that my fiance always shares bout his life to meheart.gif

8.The way that he loves me and support me always in everything.

9 The way he always give me a goodbye kiss on the webcam before he go to work or in somewhere else.

10.When we do pray an evening and morning prayer together online (makes me feel well the most).

LOL!Last but not the least seeing my fiance happy when i am happydancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif..have some more happiness but u only mentioned 10

Edited by venusloverich

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Ok read all pages and made me smile, great post, so heres mine( im the benificary)

1. my Son

2. my darling, beautiful, sweet wife

3. how quickly this has went, both expediates approved

4. my parents

5. the love and luck my lord has blessed me and my family for

6. my bed

7. my home and heart, scotland, my 2nd home, the beautiful land of America

8. my health

9. Liverpool football club :D

10. each and every single one of you who has helped us along the way, massive thanks to magical for the huge fountain of knowledge he has helped us with and the many stupid questions he answered for us

thanks folks good luck and god bless

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Each time I come to this site lately there seems to be an overshadow of depression. Come on people shake it off! :)

Let's take a minute and think about the happiness for a while! I challenge each of you to list 10 things you are thankful for today!

I'll start!

#1- I am engaged and have long last found my soulmate!!!! :) Yay!

#2- My fiance is more handsome than your fiance!

#3- My fiance makes me smile through the tears and laugh across the miles between us!! He is my sunshine!

#4- I am healthy and I have a job!!!!

#5- My finace is healthy and is getting a job to help him pass his time!!!!

#6- The weather outside is gorgeous!!!

#7- Skype! OMG this deserves major exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#8- The consular section in Islamabad and particularly the CO who will do my fiance's interveiw! Without them this would not be possible!!!!!

#9- Everyone here on VJ who shares their knowledge and experiences for the Community's benefit!

#10- Chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting bout this thread..makes me smile though i don't agree with your #2,lol!laughing.gifAnyway,these are the things that makes me happyheart.gifdancin5hr.gif.

1.Happy that i am engaged to the most wonderful and most amazing handsome man on earth.

2.Have the most brilliant sparkling bluest eyes,no other but my fiance.

3.My fiance is always there for me no matter what,in times of happiness and in troubles..

4.Have the most loving and super duper protective man of the whole wide worlddancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif

5.Being with my fiance everyday through Skype and in YM everyday till early morning without missing a time though sometimes were both grumpy..lol!rofl.gif

5.Listening with my fiance's voice on the phone which makes me like im on a cloud 9 always..

6. The fact that my fiance always tells me that i am beautiful without missing a day of not telling it..Also calling me Princess and Angel which makes me feel very so special to him always.

7.The way that my fiance always true and honest with me no matter what.heart.gif

8.The way that he loves me and support me always in everything.

9 The way he always give me a goodbye kiss on the webcam before he go to work or in somewhere else.

10.When we do pray an evening and morning prayer together online (makes me feel well the most).cause we know that Jesus is always there for us to grant our prayers that we're asking for.

LOL!Last but not the least seeing my fiance happy when i am happydancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifi do love him.from the inner core of my heart and from the deepest depth of my soul,,.have some more happiness but u only mentioned 10.

Nice thread :thumbs:

#1 - I have MY wonderful man beside me right now, rubbing my back ( lol )

#2 - All the wait is over today, I got my passport in the mail with my visa ( :dance: )

#3 - Soon I'll see many of you here feeling the same peace and happiness as us now. :blush:

#4 - I have an amazing dad, who received the visa for me lol and an amazing family in law, just ready for us to go home together.

#5 - I can eat a lot of brazilian delicious food with the excuse that I'm leaving (Matt agrees with this) :lol:

#6 - We are more and more in love every time we look at each other. And now we're in peace, finally.

#7 - After all our process was really smooth, and we're thankful for that.

#8 - Since the day of the interview, I'm able to sleep´pretty good. Before, every night was a struggle.

#9 - We're going home together! And we can finally set up a wedding date :)

#10 - Last but not least, God has been AMAZING to us, with everything, not only the process, but in our lives. I can't even describe in my prayers how thankful I am for everything He's been doing for us, for me, for my fiancé. I can only say thankyou and try to be a better person everyday.

I'm pretty sure I have more reasons to be happy, like healthy, etc etc but this will fit. I hope everyone here, waiting or not, can find their own reasons to be happy. This process is tiring, but there's always a bright side, ALWAYS. Keep the faith, hope, and support people. Good luck to everyone. (F)

03/17/2011- Mailed K1 petition

03/25/2011- Email and text NOA1, routed to VSC

03/25/2011- Check cashed

07/05/2011- NOA2, USCIS website, text and email!
10/04/2011- Interview, APPROVED!
10/23/2011- POE - Dulles
11/08/2011- WEDDING!
11/15/2011- Applied for SSN
01/18/2012- AOS package sent
01/24/2012- NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP
01/25/2012- Check cashed for AOS
02/16/2012- AOS & EAD biometrics
02/13/2012- AOS case transferred to CSC
02/21/2012- AOS application received at CSC
03/15/2012- EAD/AP cards approved
03/26/2012- EAD/AP combo card received
07/30/2012- Service Request on AOS, past 6 months mark...
08/28/2012- Ombudsman & Senator contacted, past 7 months mark...
09/04/2012- AOS Approved!
09/10/2012- GC in hand!

08/13/2014- Mailed I-751(ROC) package to VSC

08/15/2014- Delivered

08/18/2014- NOA1/Letter of Extension

08/20/2014- Check cashed

09/17/2014- Biometrics

02/18/2015- Card Production Ordered/ Approved!

ejXGm5.pngSDeHm4.png

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Be fierce! Be consistent, know no bounds, take pleasure in the little things, make love your sole focus, don't submit until you have absolutely no way out........

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Here's my 10!!

1) My fiance is AWESOME!!!

2) Anytime I am feeling down, he is there to lift me back up, even if it is from 3,500 miles away!

3) He booked his medical for the 18th

3) we are getting closer to being together every day

4) He is coming to visit in exactly 3 weeks after 5 months of not seeing each other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5) I FINALLY have a job that I love

6) My friends are amazing!!

7) I am truly blessed to have the family that I have... so supportive!!!!!

8) I am more in love than I ever have been in my entire life!!!!!!

9) My sister and brother-in-law are moving right down the street from me (they currently live over an hour away) so I'll get to see them and my neice and nephew a lot more YAY!!

10) I am thankful for the VJ people for all of their help and advice! My fiance and I would be lost without you!

Remember to smile through the stress. Being down in the dumps only makes this process that much harder! :D

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

1. I'm supah dupah happy that I'm in the US, got married with the BEST, most loyal, caring, honest guy in the WORLD!!

2. I'm supah dupah happy and proud that I wear his last name now

3. I'm supah dupah happy that I go to bed with him every night and wake up next to him every morning

4. I'm supah dupah happy that I have the best in-laws in the World

5. I'm supah dupah happy in our beautiful house we live in

6. I'm supah dupah happy that my husband is always there for me, even when the World walks out

7. I'm supah dupah happy that he'll be the father of our future child

8. I'm supah dupah happy that we are blessed with not having any problems (financially, emotionally)

9. I'm supah dupah happy that we are each others soul mate and grow old together

10.I'm supah dupah happy that even Death can't make us part!!!

(L):rolleyes: lol

holland-flag-44.gifunited-states-flag-88.gif

heart-119.gif August 28th, 2011: Wedding heart-119.giflove-182.gif

AOS
August 31th, 2011: applied for SS#
September 6th: received SS#
September 26th, 2011: AOS sent
September 30th, 2011: NOA1
October 6th, 2011: NOA1 hard copy
October 26th,2011: Biometrics
October 28th, 2011: case transferred to California for faster processing
December 5th, 2011: received EAD/AP card
February 22nd, 2012: Green card in production
February 27th, 2012: GREEN CARD in hand, yaaay!!!

November 10th, 2013: ROC

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Israel
Timeline

Look I understand that all of you want to be happy and positive, but this does not keep me entertained, nor does it allow me to provide you feedback as to how you can correct you problem.

You have to understand that human beings need to feel that their life is better than someone else’s, or they start to get depressed. Also going on how you love him or he loves you and all that ####### is really not that interesting. Please give me some drama or comedy, maybe some action. Life is not a fairy tale, its a struggle.

If you are going to tell me about your life tell me what you are going through. Some of you say you gained 18 pounds. Wow that’s a lot!!! How has this affected your relationship, health and so on.

If you’re in AOS, how has this changed your life? Your spouse is currently not working and being totally dependent you, how does that feel. If you are a women, do you feel subservient since you are staying home, or if you come from a country with little or no women’s rights, have you found the new gained freedoms refreshing. If you are a man how has this changed your masculinity, have you become the super dad, that wakes up in the morning makes your wife coffee, takes care of the kids, and then cooks dinner for her when she comes home from work.

In the restrictions lift or citizen process phase, tell me how you or your spouse relationship changed from start to now. Are the culture differences still there? How has the house dynamics changed, what new issues do you face.

In the end give me the drama, and the pain and leave the fantasy out. I need that 5 min of entertainment during work.

Edited by AMP

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Israel
Timeline

Oh and here are my 10 things:

1) I love my wife

2) I'm glad that we are no longer apart

3) I'm glad that my wife has started her own business and is quickly growing her clientele

4) I’m glad that we work well together (I cook, she cleans)

5) I'm glad we have religious and cultural similarities

6) I’m glad AOS is almost finished and approved ( Just one more medical exam, to do since they did not forward the results to the US :()

7) Im glad I can keep my BMW sports car (5 speed) and not have to trade it in for a family car.

8) I’m glad that I have emotional support when I come home and vs. versa

9) I’m happy that I can be who I am and she can be who she is

10) I’m happy there is a Visa journey or all this would have taken a lot longer and cost US more money.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Look I understand that all of you want to be happy and positive, but this does not keep me entertained, nor does it allow me to provide you feedback as to how you can correct you problem.

You have to understand that human beings need to feel that their life is better than someone else’s, or they start to get depressed. Also going on how you love him or he loves you and all that ####### is really not that interesting. Please give me some drama or comedy, maybe some action. Life is not a fairy tale, its a struggle.

If you are going to tell me about your life tell me what you are going through. Some of you say you gained 18 pounds. Wow that’s a lot!!! How has this affected your relationship, health and so on.

If you’re in AOS, how has this changed your life? Your spouse is currently not working and being totally dependent you, how does that feel. If you are a women, do you feel subservient since you are staying home, or if you come from a country with little or no women’s rights, have you found the new gained freedoms refreshing. If you are a man how has this changed your masculinity, have you become the super dad, that wakes up in the morning makes your wife coffee, takes care of the kids, and then cooks dinner for her when she comes home from work.

In the restrictions lift or citizen process phase, tell me how you or your spouse relationship changed from start to now. Are the culture differences still there? How has the house dynamics changed, what new issues do you face.

In the end give me the drama, and the pain and leave the fantasy out. I need that 5 min of entertainment during work.

Hello AMP! I agree with you Life is definately a struggle. Everyone has their aches and pains if we didn't we wouldn't be able to grow and learn. BUT I thougth it would be nice to just take a few moments and focus on the happy side of why we all decided to embark on a Visa Journey. I find that each day I get so wrapped around not getting my NOA2 and being completely depressed about that so I down a gallon of chocolate ice cream in an attempt to make my pain go away even for just one second. Being able to count your blessings can really help you refocus and look at the journey in another light even if it lasts only until you complete your list of 10 things. You reflected for a moment and maybe even smiled. That is all I was hoping for.

and yes we could also share our "drama" in fact, I find that is what is mostly talked about here. And in talking about that "drama" we also get encouragement and assistance. So being thankful and listing your top 10 or being frustrated, sad and angry, either way.....we are all in similar situations.

BTW that's a great 10! :)

[size="2"][font="Tahoma"][b]Worth The Wait
[/b][/font][/size]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#ff0000"]Our Visa Journey
[/color][/size][size="2"][color="#000080"]I-129F Sent 5/6/11
I-129F NOA1 Received 5/11/11
I-129F RFE Received 9/8/11
I-129F RFE Returned 9/23/11
I-129F NOA2 Received 11/17/11
NVC Received from USCIS 11/21/11
NVC Sent to Embassy 11/25/11
Embassy Received 12/2/11
Packet 3.5 Received 12/8/11
Packet 3.5 Returned 12/22/11
Packet 4 Received 1/13/12
Medical Date 1/19/12
Interview Date 2/23/2012
Administrative Review 2/24/2012
Visa Issued 4/30/2012
Visa Received 5/4/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]POE Washington DC 5/21/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]Married 5/30/2012[/color][/size][/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#ff0000"]Adjustment of Status (AOS) Journey [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]Packet including: I-485, I-765 and I-131 sent 11/7/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]Biometrics Completed: 12/18/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]EAD/AP Approved: 1/17/2013[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]EAD/AP Combo Card Received: 1/22/2013[/color][/size][/font]

What a great thread :) Thank you for reminding me to be grateful

Our timeline:

1993: Met at the age of 9, best friends ever since

2007: Admitted what we both knew all along...

December 25,2008: He proposed!!!!

May 9, 2009: Got married

May 10th, 2011: Date that lawyer claimed he mailed out AOS package

July 14th, 2011: Date that lawyer *actually* mailed out AOS package

July 18th, 2011: USCIS started processing our application

July 30th, 2011: Received Biometrics Appointment (8/11/11)

August 1st, 2011: Successful Biometrics walk-in

August 3rd, 2011: Received all NOA hard copies

September 12, 2011: Card production notice for EAD (!!!)

September 13, 2011: I765 touched

September 19, 2011: EAD arrived in the mail

December 28, 2011: Received email notification of our interview date

February 1, 2012: Interview

February 29, 2012: Approval notice via email(!!!)

March 7, 2012: Card arrives in the mail (!!!)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The bright side of living apart/going through this:

1) I have all the security of being married

2) I have all (well, not all) the freedom of being single

2a) I wake up when I want

2b) The thermostat is set where I want it

2c) The fridge is full of my favorite foods

6) We don't need "co-sponsors."

7) I've lost 17 pounds since my hubby last left the US

7a) I'm training for a 10k, and my mile time is below 10 minutes finally

9) I have great friends who keep me entertained on the weekends

10) I make a lot more AA meetings than I would if he were in town

On the other hand, I'm looking forward to

1) Snuggling, hugging, and smooching

2) Road trips together

3) Exchanging looks when someone says or does something stupid

4) A sense that nothing is hanging over our heads

5) Sharing chores/household tasks

6) Having a permanent dates to weddings and parties again

7) Coming home to his smile

8) His cooking

9) Having him clean up after any doggie accidents

10) Having my buddy by my side!

USC attempting to obtain GC for Canadian husband

event.png

Apr 11, 2011: I-130 filed
Jul 11, 2011: I-130 approved
Aug 18, 2011: NVC process begins
Oct 6, 2011: NVC process completed
Nov 4, 2011: Interview date assigned
Dec 2, 2011: Interview at Consulate (Result: AP - No reason given on 221g)
Feb 7, 2012: Passport requested by Consulate
(...Husband needed passport for personal reasons during this time...)
Apr 9, 2012: Passport mailed to Consulate
Apr 25, 2012: Visa issued
May 1, 2012: Visa in hand
May 31, 2012: POE at Montreal's Trudeau Airport
Early July: Physical Green Card received in mail. Yes, it's green!

March 13, 2014: ROC filed (went to VSC)

March 17, 2014: NOA

April 22, 2014: Biometrics appointment

December 9, 2014: Case inquiry initiated

December 11, 2014: Response: "The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required security checks remain pending."

March 14, 2014: Received NOA that approval had been given on March 10; expect new GC within 60 days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi GUYS,

as I WOKE up this morning and as usual check vj website it has been my habit since i got here,Yes IT WOULD be nice to talk about positive thoughts and facts,BUT also it would be great to discuss negative sides too,thanks AMP FOR THE POST

How do I start????somebody need to start thier own experiences and life that experiencing here in US since we are living as married"NEW LIFE WITH HUSBAND/WIFE"NEW LAND AND NEW CULTURE..

ANYBODY PLEASE??lol :rofl:

What a wonderful idea!

1. My fiance makes me laugh and smile through all the tough times.

2. Our distance has made our communication skills superior to any I have ever had in a traditional relationship.

3. While under stress, I have lost some weight.

4. Webcams are wonderful things!

5. I am thankful to have found a wonderful, amazing, brilliant man who loves me just as I love him.

6. All things will now become possible in our lives.

7. I have survived a very long, rough journey, and come out better for it.

8. I have taken the time we have had apart and done some serious emotional self-work.

9. My future husband has the sexiest accent on the planet (in my opinion).

10.I am where I have chosen to be, and would not change my decision.

Thank you for letting me share. Sometimes it is too easy to get down. I have had those days where I felt things would never happen, but I could not stay in that place. If I had, I would not have made it. Do what you need to to keep your spirits up, and believe it will happen. Until it does, keep yourself busy!

K1 Process
07/13/10: Mailed off I-129F to Vermont
07/23/10: NOA1
08/01/10: Alex went to England for 3 months
12/15/10: Alan arrived in America for 5 weeks
02/04/11: NOA2
02/19/11: Paperwork in London!
02/25/11: Packet 3 received
03/25/11: Police certificate complete
04/13/11: Medical in London
07/15/11: Alex finally got a job...forward ahead!
07/18/11: Paid for interview...waiting...
08/04/11: Called the consulate, told to wait 7 weeks
09/07/11: Called again, told not all paperwork is not in
09/08/11: Emailed consulate with details on tracking numbers for lost paperwork.
09/09/11: Contacted Senator's office for help, sent all paperwork through his office
09/13/11: Amazing...we have an appt! What a fiasco...
09/15/11: Alan realized he does not in fact have military D/C paperwork
09/16/11: Consulate contacted Alan and told him they do not have paperwork still!
09/21/11: Interview 9:00am-APPROVED!
09/27/11: Passport with Visa received
10/08/11: Alas! Together again!
11/11/11: Wedding

AOS Process
11/16/11: AOS packet mailed to Chicago lockbox
11/26/11: Honeymoon!
12/08/11: NOA1 for Permanent Residence & Employment Authorization
12/09/11: Biometrics appointment notice
01/03/12: Biometrics appointment
01/25/12: NOA: Case being transferred to CA for faster processing
02/02/12: Employment Authorization Approved
06/27/12: RFE, two "yes" questions needed elaboration
07/27/12: Welcome notice received! Greencard in hand

ROC Process

4/12/14: ROC packet mailed

11/25/14: RFE received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.