worth_the_wait

Where's the Happiness???

66 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Channah & Aaron, ... I like all that stuff about your relationship! :dance:

You two are too kewl!

Very similar to the way Aury and I look at ourselves.

Except,... we won't be having (more/our own) children together.

Hey! Let's have another round of happiness here today! lol

I'm thankful that........Even though we're still awaiting the NOA2,I have the confidence we'll be together ever after, come Valentine's Day 2012! We both want to get married on that day. yeah, yeah! I can hear all the girls giving me the business now, about 'saving a holiday'. Right on! But, what a great day to consumate your relationship! Don'tcha think???

07/27/2011...........NOA1 received.

12/05/2011...........RFE received.

12/13/2011...........RFE response sent.

12/16/2011...........RFE RESPONSE received by Vermont S.C.

12/22/2011...........Teased by a text-message from uscis, saying they have received my response to the RFE.

12/30/2011...........LA VISA APROVADOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

01/12/2012...........Case Sent To Bogota Colombia, from the National Visa Center.

02/09/2012...........Schedule Interview.

03/23/2012...........Interview (to take place then)!

04/07/2012...........Arrived in USA.

07/01/2012...........MARRIED!

What next?

.......How the days DO slip away!

Each time I come to this site lately there seems to be an overshadow of depression. Come on people shake it off! :)

Let's take a minute and think about the happiness for a while! I challenge each of you to list 10 things you are thankful for today!

I'll start!

#1- I am engaged and have long last found my soulmate!!!! :) Yay!

#2- My fiance is more handsome than your fiance!

#3- My fiance makes me smile through the tears and laugh across the miles between us!! He is my sunshine!

#4- I am healthy and I have a job!!!!

#5- My finace is healthy and is getting a job to help him pass his time!!!!

#6- The weather outside is gorgeous!!!

#7- Skype! OMG this deserves major exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#8- The consular section in Islamabad and particularly the CO who will do my fiance's interveiw! Without them this would not be possible!!!!!

#9- Everyone here on VJ who shares their knowledge and experiences for the Community's benefit!

#10- Chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you.....

This is the best and most helpful material i've read on this site so far! ha ha ha! my favourite is no.2 and no.10.

no.1 i love my fiance more than anything. he makes me roar with laugher.

no.2 i'm proud to be english because we have a hot future king and queen. in fact i saw kate middleton the other day. her hair is amazing. but my ring is better than hers! sorry kate :) x

no.3 i'm a young, healthy, intelligent woman, who is engaged to a handsome, sexy, tall, dark man with a californian accent!

no.4 I LOVE MY DOG alfie. i will miss him so much :(

no.5 Dear the person who invented Skype, you are very clever!

no.6 I can't wait to see the whole world with my man and have an adventure for a lifetime :)

no.7 London had a great heat wave last week whilst he was visiting. Every day was beautiful and lovely, the day he left it started raining!!!

no.8 I am so amazed at how my fiance and i met, it makes me feel that us being together is more important than we know.

no.9 I cannot wait to inherit 2 nieces and a nephew on my fiances side of the family.

no.10 Even though our k-1 is taking forever, i'm ok(ish) about it because i get to spend some important time with my family, friends and alfie. not to mention i am saving ££££!!!

keep strong all visa journeyers. we will make it! x

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Look I understand that all of you want to be happy and positive, but this does not keep me entertained, nor does it allow me to provide you feedback as to how you can correct you problem.

You have to understand that human beings need to feel that their life is better than someone else’s, or they start to get depressed. Also going on how you love him or he loves you and all that ####### is really not that interesting. Please give me some drama or comedy, maybe some action. Life is not a fairy tale, its a struggle.

If you are going to tell me about your life tell me what you are going through. Some of you say you gained 18 pounds. Wow that’s a lot!!! How has this affected your relationship, health and so on.

If you’re in AOS, how has this changed your life? Your spouse is currently not working and being totally dependent you, how does that feel. If you are a women, do you feel subservient since you are staying home, or if you come from a country with little or no women’s rights, have you found the new gained freedoms refreshing. If you are a man how has this changed your masculinity, have you become the super dad, that wakes up in the morning makes your wife coffee, takes care of the kids, and then cooks dinner for her when she comes home from work.

In the restrictions lift or citizen process phase, tell me how you or your spouse relationship changed from start to now. Are the culture differences still there? How has the house dynamics changed, what new issues do you face.

In the end give me the drama, and the pain and leave the fantasy out. I need that 5 min of entertainment during work.

This post is about sharing happiness. If you want dramas, comedy, or life changes events.. then this is the link for you Link

Look I understand that all of you want to be happy and positive, but this does not keep me entertained, nor does it allow me to provide you feedback as to how you can correct you problem.

You have to understand that human beings need to feel that their life is better than someone else’s, or they start to get depressed. Also going on how you love him or he loves you and all that ####### is really not that interesting. Please give me some drama or comedy, maybe some action. Life is not a fairy tale, its a struggle.

If you are going to tell me about your life tell me what you are going through. Some of you say you gained 18 pounds. Wow that’s a lot!!! How has this affected your relationship, health and so on.

If you’re in AOS, how has this changed your life? Your spouse is currently not working and being totally dependent you, how does that feel. If you are a women, do you feel subservient since you are staying home, or if you come from a country with little or no women’s rights, have you found the new gained freedoms refreshing. If you are a man how has this changed your masculinity, have you become the super dad, that wakes up in the morning makes your wife coffee, takes care of the kids, and then cooks dinner for her when she comes home from work.

In the restrictions lift or citizen process phase, tell me how you or your spouse relationship changed from start to now. Are the culture differences still there? How has the house dynamics changed, what new issues do you face.

In the end give me the drama, and the pain and leave the fantasy out. I need that 5 min of entertainment during work.

So, you probably don't have anything good in life? What a shame that you can't be as happy as most of us are, or maybe not really a shame. It has to be real depressing to come to an online community to look for more drama than life already is, how do you sleep at night?

I'm "sorry" I can't give you entertainment, because instead of complaining about the struggles, I'm thankful about the blessing I have. The link it was given to you it's the proper place to you, here's definitely the wrong place. In the end, just stay quiet, and I really don't think anyone is here to please YOU and YOUR entertainment. There's nothing to look here, keep moving kid. -_-

Edited by MatthewNCarolina

03/17/2011- Mailed K1 petition

03/25/2011- Email and text NOA1, routed to VSC

03/25/2011- Check cashed

07/05/2011- NOA2, USCIS website, text and email!
10/04/2011- Interview, APPROVED!
10/23/2011- POE - Dulles
11/08/2011- WEDDING!
11/15/2011- Applied for SSN
01/18/2012- AOS package sent
01/24/2012- NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP
01/25/2012- Check cashed for AOS
02/16/2012- AOS & EAD biometrics
02/13/2012- AOS case transferred to CSC
02/21/2012- AOS application received at CSC
03/15/2012- EAD/AP cards approved
03/26/2012- EAD/AP combo card received
07/30/2012- Service Request on AOS, past 6 months mark...
08/28/2012- Ombudsman & Senator contacted, past 7 months mark...
09/04/2012- AOS Approved!
09/10/2012- GC in hand!

08/13/2014- Mailed I-751(ROC) package to VSC

08/15/2014- Delivered

08/18/2014- NOA1/Letter of Extension

08/20/2014- Check cashed

09/17/2014- Biometrics

02/18/2015- Card Production Ordered/ Approved!

ejXGm5.pngSDeHm4.png

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Be fierce! Be consistent, know no bounds, take pleasure in the little things, make love your sole focus, don't submit until you have absolutely no way out........

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Israel
Timeline

So, you probably don't have anything good in life? What a shame that you can't be as happy as most of us are, or maybe not really a shame. It has to be real depressing to come to an online community to look for more drama than life already is, how do you sleep at night?

I'm "sorry" I can't give you entertainment, because instead of complaining about the struggles, I'm thankful about the blessing I have. The link it was given to you it's the proper place to you, here's definitely the wrong place. In the end, just stay quiet, and I really don't think anyone is here to please YOU and YOUR entertainment. There's nothing to look here, keep moving kid. -_-

That is not fair to say. I have a lot of good in my life and am very pleased with my life. I am sorry if I offended you in some way, it was not my point. I am glad someone pointed out a link where I can read others adventures after they moved here. However to say that I am not as happy as you or other is a false statement. You cannot say that you come here on a daily or weekly basis to read just people's joys of visa processes. I would assume you come to VJ because you, I and all others have a common intreats. You also want to help and share your frustrations in this whole process. But what keeps you coming back? This is not your full time job, nor is it a duty that you owe to all here. It is because you also find this entertaining.

To say that this is forum is a place of happiness, and blessing is a lie, it a forum of life that binds cultures, religion, it share our fears, frustration, our comedies and even our happiness. Also if you don't find misery or drama entertaining then what is life worth living for? Misery brings us happiness, it teaches us, it binds us, it puts us on the right path. How else am I to learn if I don't fail or others do not fail. With out drama and unhappiness we would not have Shakespeare, football (American), enterprise, and democracy.

To say you never complain or struggle in life, then you would not need VJ. It is also to say we would not have singers, writers, poets, directors, and so on.

Lastly you ask me to be quite, and I ask you why? Is it my place in a forum to voice my opinion? Is this a country not built on freedom of speach. I was born in a communist country and know what it is like to not have freedom of speach.

Lastly my sleep is very sound.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My top ten since starting the k-1 process.

10--can now speak conversational governmentformanese.

9----now have plastic airline flatware service for 17, which complements my lawn chair and folding card table furniture perfectly.

8----have sung karaoke and actually enjoyed it.

7----anti depressent medicine costs waaaay down.

6----understand the metric system actually exists.

5----liver has lost 3 dress sizes, now down to size 18.

4----old love letters make excellent kindling.

3----have seen the inside of church for the first time since Sunday school. Somehow it seemed smaller than I remember.

2----finally achieved phone card and calling plan merit badge.

1----since paring down erotic "art" collection to only recent additions can park car in garage again.

May 29, 09, had attorney send I-129F to USCIS

June 3, 09, USCIS received I-129F

June 4, 09, USCIS I-797C, 1st NOA notice date.

Aug 28, 09, USCIS sends I-797E NOA. RFE requesting further evidence we have met within 2 years prior

Sept 3, 09, I sent updated RFE info to USCIS

Sept 8, 09 USCIS receives my info

Sept 11, 09 USCIS sends I-797C NOA--I-129F Petition approved, also forwards petition to NVC

Sept 23, 09 NVC receives approved I-129F from USCIS also forwards petition to consulate in HCMC

Dec 4, 09 Interview at HCMC Consulate, Blue slip, timeline, ex's address, medical results from Cho Ray

Jan 4, 10 Turned in timeline, ex,s address. White slip, 221(g) for lack of medical results. AP pending results.

Jan 4, 10 Cho Ray diagnosis--class A active multi drug resistant tb. Treatment time 18 to 24 months.

Jan 6, 10 I email consulate re: what do we do next, since K1 expires Jan 10, 10.

Jan 13, 10 Consulate replies--They have received all requested documents and the case is pending a CO review

Since the case is pending due to treatment of tb, the case is still active until treat-

ment is complete provided we contact the consulate every 6 months and notify

them she is under treatment to keep the file in open status.

Jan 14, 10 to July 2012 we wait.

July 2012, visa issued.

Aug 2012, Marriage in US.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.