kevin@anna

id like to see k1 process made harder

140 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

OP, do you still need to go through the AOS process? ok, hear this: I wish the AOS process was made so much harder than it is now. oh, and so much more expensive. How does it sound now?

:thumbs:

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Whoa, I went through allll the pages, what a bunch of #######.

OP, CONGRATULATIONS, YOU'RE A HOT TOPIC ON VJ MAIN PAGE with a dumb/selfish post on a very sensitive forum, well done buddy, good job really. :thumbs:

If that's what you wanted, cause trouble, get people pissed and become famous in here, good job. You *so far* has 8 pages of people telling you how selfish *and stupid* is what you posted, you got it buddy. :thumbs:

I just wish that your precious wife doesn't become part of the *made-up* 40% of failed marriages. But, well, you went through it all right? You believe it should be harder the process, yet not fair? Something is missing here. What a nice thing to think AND tell people, especially in here, whoa! such a genious.

Will you ever come back here, to explain yourself? Or will you need a mod to come and rescue you? Anyway, have a great weekend everyone.

03/17/2011- Mailed K1 petition

03/25/2011- Email and text NOA1, routed to VSC

03/25/2011- Check cashed

07/05/2011- NOA2, USCIS website, text and email!
10/04/2011- Interview, APPROVED!
10/23/2011- POE - Dulles
11/08/2011- WEDDING!
11/15/2011- Applied for SSN
01/18/2012- AOS package sent
01/24/2012- NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP
01/25/2012- Check cashed for AOS
02/16/2012- AOS & EAD biometrics
02/13/2012- AOS case transferred to CSC
02/21/2012- AOS application received at CSC
03/15/2012- EAD/AP cards approved
03/26/2012- EAD/AP combo card received
07/30/2012- Service Request on AOS, past 6 months mark...
08/28/2012- Ombudsman & Senator contacted, past 7 months mark...
09/04/2012- AOS Approved!
09/10/2012- GC in hand!

08/13/2014- Mailed I-751(ROC) package to VSC

08/15/2014- Delivered

08/18/2014- NOA1/Letter of Extension

08/20/2014- Check cashed

09/17/2014- Biometrics

02/18/2015- Card Production Ordered/ Approved!

ejXGm5.pngSDeHm4.png

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Be fierce! Be consistent, know no bounds, take pleasure in the little things, make love your sole focus, don't submit until you have absolutely no way out........

I think the process is easier or harder already depending on the circumstances of your relationship.

Meh. Process is easier or harder depending on whether you're going through a high fraud consulate.

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

Meh. Process is easier or harder depending on whether you're going through a high fraud consulate.

Pi$$ easy if your from mars,jupiter,uranus etc. Harder if your from Asia or Africa.

beach_1_001.jpg

Pi$$ easy if your from mars,jupiter,uranus etc. Harder if your from Asia or Africa.

I don't think I'd want a little green man as a husband. :(

/unless he was handy around the house

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I hope your post is intended as a joke, because the difficulty of this process has nothing to do with the liklihood of a successful marriage. The government is not in the business of trying to guarantee a successful relationship (at leat not yet), but rather to try to keep people from using marriage as a means of immigration.

I don't think I'd want a little green man as a husband. :(

/unless he was handy around the house

You need to watch the film 'Paul' handy little alien I must say.

beach_1_001.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

id like to know what the OP is doing on a site designed for helping others when he obviously doesnt give a s**t about anyone but himself??

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'd say enduring the distance for a long term, before being sure you are ready to take the next step, and surviving the process itself, is hard enough as it is. There's no reason to make it even harder, or throw ####### our way.

Marriages fail because of problems between the people, either because they weren't totally honest about who they were, or after being apart for so long, suddenly being together all the time is too straining. Making the process even harder isn't going to change that.

Edited by blumchen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Harder ? You are completely insane. I'm sorry this process has been too EASY on you, but for me & my fiancee, its been really hard. We are still going through it and we both had to wait almost two years just for her birth certficate to be fixed and pay for the totally unneccesary fees that goes with everything. You are so full of ####### about your estimates about how long our marriage is going to last. Why don't you write to your congressman and whine about the process. Go get a life while you are at it !

Filed: Timeline

Post is written very random (the way I think)

Okay, few things wrong with this... Rich people are more likely to pull people into the country by fraud than poor people, poor people have less money to waste. You think someone poor can just throw away $1500+ for a plane ticket and all the money for the petition and interview and stuff? "50% of all marriages in the America end in divorce." This quote doesn't say anything about international marriages, you think there's an insanely larger international marriage amount than people who get married in the US? I think we need to worry more about why people get divorced instead of just the fact they get divorced. Look into the mirror, see the problem, and learn to fix it. If you don't truly love the person, don't bring them here, that's just a huge mistake to begin with. You have to know the person, trust the person, and love the person, otherwise no marriage works. This process is draining enough how it is, and it doesn't need to get any harder. If anything it needs to get faster. It shouldn't take 3+ months to look over some papers. If that's the problem, hire more people get this stuff processed out. I know I work in a supply and demand market, if I can't meet weekly quota then I wouldn't have a job. Luckily I know how much I have to do per hour each day to get my goal, and I never miss a target, because I know my job, and due to that, I make good money, get higher raises, and bigger bonuses. If the people working on these processes done what they needed every day, we wouldn't have such long waits, they would be able to be paid more for faster processing, and everyone could end up happy faster. I know that not every marriage international works out, and probably most of them don't. However, this isn't because the marriages are fake or anything like that, it's because the people didn't know each other long enough before they jumped into such a commitment. It has nothing to do with people being too poor, because I have lived at a time I was way below poverty level, now I survived it, and I'm past it and I have a way better life. Life is all about struggling and getting past obstacles to make it to where you want to be, you can only be happy if you work hard for your goals.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Whoa, I went through allll the pages, what a bunch of #######.

OP, CONGRATULATIONS, YOU'RE A HOT TOPIC ON VJ MAIN PAGE with a dumb/selfish post on a very sensitive forum, well done buddy, good job really. :thumbs:

If that's what you wanted, cause trouble, get people pissed and become famous in here, good job. You *so far* has 8 pages of people telling you how selfish *and stupid* is what you posted, you got it buddy. :thumbs:

I just wish that your precious wife doesn't become part of the *made-up* 40% of failed marriages. But, well, you went through it all right? You believe it should be harder the process, yet not fair? Something is missing here. What a nice thing to think AND tell people, especially in here, whoa! such a genious.

Will you ever come back here, to explain yourself? Or will you need a mod to come and rescue you? Anyway, have a great weekend everyone.

Since I have used my limit for voting up, just wanted to say :thumbs: and :lol:

ฉันรักคุณ
K-1
Filed May 2011
116 days to NOA2
4 days for the NVC
74 days to the interview
Interview date: 12/14/11 APPROVED!
POE: 12/16/11
Total days from NOA1 to K-1 Visa in hand: 202
Wedding Date: 12/27/11

AOS
Sent AOS: 4/21/12
NOA1: 4/30/12
RFE: 5/14/12
Biometrics App.: 5/21/12
Sent RFE Response: 5/31/12
Interview: 7/24/12
Approval: 10/12/12

Currently.... they have issued Ice the incorrect GC and we have tried 4 times to fix it. First time they had us send it to the incorrect address. Second time they said we used an expired form, which was the form they gave us. Third time was "oh sorry we lost the last page, can you send it again?." Fourth time is the gov is shut down. Will this ever be corrected in time for Ice to get the permanent GC? Stay tuned to find out. T_T

I believe the system needs tweaking but not making harder or length of time made longer. One thing I would change (tweak) is the income to be assessed in the initial application, not just before the embassy interview.

I visited my now wife twice while we were going through the K-1 process, and nothing is harder than leaving after a few weeks and not being able to see each other for an age.

I could not have done this without good friends and colleagues on this site.

Dave :)

I believe the system needs tweaking but not making harder or length of time made longer. One thing I would change (tweak) is the income to be assessed in the initial application, not just before the embassy interview.

I visited my now wife twice while we were going through the K-1 process, and nothing is harder than leaving after a few weeks and not being able to see each other for an age.

I could not have done this without good friends and colleagues on this site.

Dave :)

surprisingly, we did that (cause we were newbies) and surprisingly, we got approved super fast at VSC (faster than the normal time)

148280zkcv79ffi3.gifDeeDee & Sam 426064ng1n3ghbqw.gif

766837489_784932.gif

from filling I129F to POE- exactly 6 months

for k1 steps and dates check my timeline
AOS approved took 7 months you can chack my timeline for details

ROC

October 6th- mailed package

as1cJVfNw2k0710MTMybHN8MDQyMTdqc3xXZVwnd

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.