Emi&Emi

Same sex couple K1 or lesbian wedding?

57 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

To want to live in a perfect country, you yourself would need to be perfect and I can't promise I'll ever be. If someone doesn't like any place they're living in, definitely move, don't live somewhere you hate. That's not smart.

Edited by Nermeen&Joe

K1 Timeline
03/08/10 - I-129F packet sent to VSC
07/07/10 - Interview Date - APPROVED!
10/28/10 - POE @ Chicago
11/21/10 - Marriage

AOS, AP, EAD.
01/18/11 - AOS, AP, EAD packet sent
03/07/2011 - Biometrics appointment
03/29/2011 - AOS, AP and EAD approved (After 2.5 months)
04/04/2011 - Green card in hand[/size]

ROC
02/12/2013 - ROC packet sent
02/21/2013 - NOA1 Received
03/09/2013 - Biometrics appointment
06/19/2013 - ROC APPROVED!

N-400 Naturalization

06/20/2014 - N-400 Packet sent

07/15/2014 - Check Cashedarrow-10x10.png

08/04/2014 - Biometrics

02/19/2015 - Interview

03/26/2015 - Oath Ceremony
event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

So then if you're not happy living in the best country in the world then leave. There's nothing worse than people living here and not appreciating its greatness. Thank God my fiancé knows this is the best country in the world and appreciates it!

LOL How many countries have you been to? I have been in 7 just this year since January and traveled extensively abroad. It sure is not my intention to live here long term, I do not think I will be here over 5 years or more. While I think America is a terrific country in many respects, the decline is here and I do not think it is the best country anymore but 30 years ago I think you could make such a statement and I would be idle reading it. The people that parrot how America is #1 from ym personal experience, frequently have done little traveling outside the US, if at all. In statistics, we have n as the sample for analysis so what is your n making such declarative statements? It should be 189 or higher and my guess is you have not been to 10% of them-am I correct? I'll say one thing for certain, this K-1 process sure has left a sour taste in my mouth as I see illegals get so much without any work on their part. Back to the topic of the OP, no gay marriage for USCIS as yet, but as one poster said, transexual marriages are okay under certain states (NC, NJ, et cetera) if they are post operative. Sorry, to be seperated from a loved on is painful-I think we all agree on that.

Edited by FastViper

While illegals invade the USA and get free benefits, we wait paying fees and filling out forms while the illegals fill out zero-thank you US politicians!

Waiting on interview now in BKK, started Jan 2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

LOL How many countries have you been to? I have been in 7 just this year since January and traveled extensively abroad. It sure is not my intention to live here long term, I do not think I will be here over 5 years or more. While I think America is a terrific country in many respects, the decline is here and I do not think it is the best country anymore but 30 years ago I think you could make such a statement and I would be idle reading it. The people that parrot how America is #1 from ym personal experience, frequently have done little traveling outside the US, if at all. In statistics, we have n as the sample for analysis so what is your n making such declarative statements? It should be 189 or higher and my guess is you have not been to 10% of them-am I correct? I'll say one thing for certain, this K-1 process sure has left a sour taste in my mouth as I see illegals get so much without any work on their part. Back to the topic of the OP, no gay marriage for USCIS as yet, but as one poster said, transexual marriages are okay under certain states (NC, NJ, et cetera) if they are post operative. Sorry, to be seperated from a loved on is painful-I think we all agree on that.

Visiting a country as a tourist is nothing like living in it as a resident.

K1 Timeline
03/08/10 - I-129F packet sent to VSC
07/07/10 - Interview Date - APPROVED!
10/28/10 - POE @ Chicago
11/21/10 - Marriage

AOS, AP, EAD.
01/18/11 - AOS, AP, EAD packet sent
03/07/2011 - Biometrics appointment
03/29/2011 - AOS, AP and EAD approved (After 2.5 months)
04/04/2011 - Green card in hand[/size]

ROC
02/12/2013 - ROC packet sent
02/21/2013 - NOA1 Received
03/09/2013 - Biometrics appointment
06/19/2013 - ROC APPROVED!

N-400 Naturalization

06/20/2014 - N-400 Packet sent

07/15/2014 - Check Cashedarrow-10x10.png

08/04/2014 - Biometrics

02/19/2015 - Interview

03/26/2015 - Oath Ceremony
event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

can suggest to your friend to review the Entrepreneur Visa, for the Japanese Girlfriend? That is a route that doesn't discriminate, though the marriage won't be formally noticed at the federal level, it may be recognized at the state level (depending on which state they married in).

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

can suggest to your friend to review the Entrepreneur Visa, for the Japanese Girlfriend? That is a route that doesn't discriminate, though the marriage won't be formally noticed at the federal level, it may be recognized at the state level (depending on which state they married in).

I have to chuckle..

While i am certain that you are well intentioned, I think that unless she has 500k to 1Million ready to invest, then it may be easier to wait til she can marry legally.

The minimum qualifying investment in the United States is $1 million.

The minimum qualifying investment either within a high-unemployment area or rural area in the United States is $500,000.

I presume you are talking about the EB-5 Visa.

If she had that kind of $$, then I would think that she could qualify for many other visas that would not require such an intensive cap-ex on the fiancee.

:)

Visiting a country as a tourist is nothing like living in it as a resident.

Agreed. I visited one country for ten days. Then I decided to take a job there. My first night in town I was robbed, by the police.

K-1 Journey

03-03-2011 - Mailed I-129F application.

03-06-2011 - Packet received in Texas.

03-23-2011 - NOA1 received in mail, dated 03-09-2011.

05-31-2011 - RFE requested. They want better passport pictures of me.

06-06-2011 - Additional passport pics sent.

06-08-2011 - Evidence received and acknowledged. Whew!

06-16-2011 - NOA2 received!

07-20-2011 - Packet 3 Received!

08-01-2011 - Packet 3 returned to Embassy.

08-22-2011 - Packet 4 Received!

09-19-2011 - Interview...APPROVED!

09-23-2011 - Visa in Hand

09-29-2011 - POE LAX

11-11-2011 - Wedding at 11:11pm GMT time.

AOS Journey

12-02-2011 - Mailed in AOS/EAD/AP paperwork.

12-05-2011 - Delivery confirmation per USPS.

12-27-2011 - (3) NOA I-797C received, dated 12-20-2011. Biometrics appt set.

01-10-2012 - Biometrics.

01-20-2012 - Notified of interview appointment for 2-21-2012.

01-31-2012 - EAD and AP approved.

02-08-2012 - EAD/AP card received.

02-21-2012 - AOS interview approved. EAD/AP card confiscated.

03-01-2012 - Green Card in hand!!!

364 days total time!

Filed: Timeline

Agreed. I visited one country for ten days. Then I decided to take a job there. My first night in town I was robbed, by the police.

Bad luck. I spent a week on a small Pacific island many decades ago, and the Chief of Police was my tour guide.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I highly recommend the OP contact the folks at Immigration Equality (www.immigrationequality.org). They have lawyers on staff who can walk you through your options. They also stay extremely current with the rapid changes in options for same-sex couples. Good luck!

AOS (from tourist w/overstay)

1/26/10 - NOA

5/04/10 - interview appt - approved

ROC

2/06/12 - NOA date

7/31/12 - card production ordered

N-400

2/08/13 - NOA date

3/05/13 - biometrics appt

6/18/13 - interview - passed!

7/18/13 - oath ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You just know that any thread with Lesbian in the title is going to be good for at least 50 posts.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I have to chuckle..

While i am certain that you are well intentioned, I think that unless she has 500k to 1Million ready to invest, then it may be easier to wait til she can marry legally.

The minimum qualifying investment in the United States is $1 million.

The minimum qualifying investment either within a high-unemployment area or rural area in the United States is $500,000.

I presume you are talking about the EB-5 Visa.

If she had that kind of $$, then I would think that she could qualify for many other visas that would not require such an intensive cap-ex on the fiancee.

:)

Hey - money is money - takes some to stay here, regardless of the path.

Since she's still here, though, it'd be dead easier to get back in school, have the student visa extended, than chase after the EB-5, at this point.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

holding on deportation and providing an avenue to adjustment of status to resident are two very different things

Yes they are two different things, and the articles seem to be relating that USCIS is holding on deportation procedures based on the debate going on about DOMA to then provide some form of AOS -if that can be done- at a later time

As I said, Id check with an immigration attorney that is familiar with matter related to DOMA and LGBT

• 2 years later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.