nutchaya

I got a visa a month ago but I'm still stuck here, help!

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi there,

First of all my visa had issued a month ago but I'm still in the UK waiting to go. My fiance is in the airforce and might be deploy to somewhere outside the USA soon which is he doesn't know when, where or how long he has to go for? So he doesn't want me to go there yet just in case the airforce will send him for over 4 months oversea after my arrival and they would send me back here. I know the visa I'm holding I have to get married within 90 days if not then I will have to come back to the UK.

My question is, does anyone know if there is any other ways I can extend my visa just in case my fiance get deploy elsewhere?

I have been waiting for over 7 months and its killing me that have to wait without knowing anything cuz the airforce doesn't tell him nothing, I'm worried this will cause our relationship soon :(

What do I need to do to solve this, I just want to be with my love.

thank you for all your help I'm really low :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

so he "might" deploy, you should ask him if they have gotten their orders (in black and white) or if it's just a rumor floating around their wing

if it's not in black and white yet, you should just go over and quickly marry and start aos, etc...& wait for him to return should he get orders/deploy after u marry/aos

yea it mite suck being n a new place w/o ur love 1, but either that or u wait out ur visa's lifetime of 6months, & he says a 4 month deployment, but usually even n the airforce, most deployments take 6months + some other bs pre-deployment training & post deployment reintegration, etc...

& it's not like u'll b homeless while he's deployed, u'll probably get on post housing or he should already have a place offpost set up...

& i'm sure the he can always reason w/ his superiors to frontload his paperwork, etc...since i always hear that the airforce takes care of their folks

Edited by 3t3rnal

Every minute felt like an eternity time, clearly as if it had malicious intent, slowly ebbing away from me. I clenched my teeth, and keeping myself from crying was the only thing I could do…

-5cm/s

The sooner you get over there the sooner you can marry and the sooner he can list you as his spouse in DEERS, meaning if he does deploy you will be a spouse and get everything that military spouses get, including help whilst he is gone. Also make sure you apply for your SSN as soon as you arrive, whilst on K1, as it will come in handy.

If you don't get over there then your visa will expire and you will have to reapply...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Secretly show up and say surprise, maybe theres a reason he doesnt want you over there yet :wow: ok ok J/K sure theirs nothing to worry about :huh:.

My Proposal to kristine!!! :)

I-129F Sent : 2011-01-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-01-25

I-129F RFE(s): NONE!!!

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-06-02

Interview Date : 2011-09-01

Interview Result : Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So your fiance has no family that is presently living in the US that you could live with? You'll plan is not well thought out.

@LIFE'SJOURNEY Yes he has family and I also have family that I could live with. But the fact that I worried is, if he gets deploy a few day after my arrival they would send me back here.

@3t3rnal he hasn't got an order yet but all he said is his name is on the list to go. I don't care living there while he's away but all I worried is they would send me back if he's gone.

@LIFE'SJOURNEY Yes he has family and I also have family that I could live with. But the fact that I worried is, if he gets deploy a few day after my arrival they would send me back here.

@3t3rnal he hasn't got an order yet but all he said is his name is on the list to go. I don't care living there while he's away but all I worried is they would send me back if he's gone.

I don't really understand the big issue. If he is active duty Military, in many units he is always subject to deployment.. You need to go on and marry him as soon as you get there and start AOS procedure. If he gets deployed, you could come back, or stay there with his family.. At least it would be done and your AOS would be done. When he got back you could fly back to meet him and would not have to worry about Visa expiring etc.

You don't really have a Visa issue, sounds like you have a fiancee dragging his feet issue.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

He will get more than a few days notice of deployment. If you are married- which can be done in a few minutes in a court house-, they will not send you back.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Go over, get married straight away, it doesnt have to be a big ceremony - just go to a courthouse and file the paperwork. once your legally married they can't send you away, you've fulfilled the requirements of your visa.

Stay with family - it will suck if he gets deployed and you have to be apart again - but at least your visa won't expire, you'll be married and starting your timeline, and you'll be waiting for him with open arms when he returns :)

They will not send you back. Marry him and get listed on Deers. Let him fill up the I864 for AOS and the rest you can do yourself, send in his orders when you file for AOS. In most posts, there is a JAG familiar with immigration issues who can help you. You'll be ok as long as you marry him before he deploys. He can't deploy overnight.. my hubby is currently on pre-mob status with the army too and we don't have the exact date yet but I know we should be given at least a few days since there is paperwork to be filed (like power of attorneys and life insurance, etc). If he explains his situation to his CO, I am sure they will give him time off to.get married, even just a day. His CO was so helpful in making sure I got my GC before Tim left. Since we didn't have orders yet, he wrote a letter stating Tim's pre-mob status so that USCIS knew he was deploying.

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I went over got married and then my husband deployed a few weeks later and he was gone for 6 months. They DO NOT send you back to your country at all. You just have to make sure that you quickly get some AOS things together before he leaves. I filed AOS by myself while he was deployed with no issue at all.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

I don't really understand the big issue. If he is active duty Military, in many units he is always subject to deployment.. You need to go on and marry him as soon as you get there and start AOS procedure. If he gets deployed, you could come back, or stay there with his family.. At least it would be done and your AOS would be done. When he got back you could fly back to meet him and would not have to worry about Visa expiring etc.

You don't really have a Visa issue, sounds like you have a fiancee dragging his feet issue.

The OP would be entering the U.S. using her K-1 visa. If she then left the U.S. before she has had her advanced parole, I believe she would not be allowed to reenter the U.S.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This may be different as I am dealing with the philippines but that visa will have 2 dates. Once it is issued it is valid for 4 or 6 months I dont remember which. After you enter US the 90 day count begins. You should check that with your country and see how long the issue date is good for. Jim.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hi there,

First of all my visa had issued a month ago but I'm still in the UK waiting to go. My fiance is in the airforce and might be deploy to somewhere outside the USA soon which is he doesn't know when, where or how long he has to go for? So he doesn't want me to go there yet just in case the airforce will send him for over 4 months oversea after my arrival and they would send me back here. I know the visa I'm holding I have to get married within 90 days if not then I will have to come back to the UK.

My question is, does anyone know if there is any other ways I can extend my visa just in case my fiance get deploy elsewhere?

I have been waiting for over 7 months and its killing me that have to wait without knowing anything cuz the airforce doesn't tell him nothing, I'm worried this will cause our relationship soon :(

What do I need to do to solve this, I just want to be with my love.

thank you for all your help I'm really low :(

Get going, get married, get a SSS card, etc. Your visa waiting time is max 6 months and your K1 good for 90 days one you arrive. Apply for AOS I485 and then wait. Good Luck.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

There are a lot of things that make life easier for a military spouse, and it could be the lack of time to organise all that needs doing for a spouse to be added to his record that he's holding back on having you fly out at the moment. I understand his hesitation, but there really is never a great time to get started with a military man, they are permanently on call. :)

As the others have said .... get out here, girl, and get married at the earliest possible opportunity. Get your SSN, get registered in DEERS and the military "family" will look after you. Not sure if your fiance has military housing or if he lives off post, but in some ways it's easier to adapt to living in America without a spouse "helping" you with everything. You learn quickly when thrown in at the deep end.

My husband was deployed a couple of months after we married. Have him sign you up for the FRG now, as a fiancee, before you even come out here (mine did, and it helped a lot for someone who is quite shy around new people). They normally email you updates on what is happening within the unit, any events that are taking place in the near future and you can get familiar with names of spouses so when you arrive you have an idea of who your future "hanging out with crowd" are. Most units have a lot of social events, especially towards Halloween/Christmas..

If you're a religious couple, have your fiance talk to a chaplain on post and see what s/he can do for you. If not, get your fiance to book a courthouse pronto. Make sure your new hubby signs the I-485 and any other documents that require his signature for your Adjustment of Status and line up Skype so you can add call records to your package. Make sure he leaves you at least TWO copies of his orders (and that you are named on them as his spouse).

If you have time before he deploys/PCS/TDY's elsewhere then have him add you to lease/mortgage, utilities, car registration and insurance, get (at a minimum) a Power of Attorney to handle his PoV (privately owned vehicle) and anything else that requires his signature. These are all excellent types of evidence for your AoS.

If you do get out here before he goes, get yourself down to ACS and go on a Family Team Building course - it'll help you with the jargon, the acronyms and understanding the support structure that exists for families. It'll also give you something to do with all those free hours. Most duty posts have wonderful recreation facilities - gyms, libraries, pools, art shops, music groups ... you just have to search out the ones you're interested in.

It CAN be intimidating, but if your man is intending staying in the service, then you'll be glad to get established sooner rather than later. :)

PS Depending on where you're going, some states allow you to drive on your UK licence for the interrim period. If he banks with USAA their car insurance allows for UK licence insurance for you, he just needs to call them and add you to his policy. You will need a SSN for that though.

ROC

AR11 filed: 02/05/11

I-751 filed at Vermont Service Center: 02/07/11

NOA: 02/14/11

Biometrics appt: 03/21/11

RoC Interview: Not required

RoC Approved: 08/04/2011

10 yr Green card received: 08/10/2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.