Natashia

AOS cause arguments between couple

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi!

I'd like to express how disappointing this whole AOS is. It's always the reason why my husband and I end up in arguments.

I just hope everything will be done after resubmitting our forms. I am so stressed, sicked and tired of all the waiting and the fight over this matter.

Does anybody feel me here? How did you manage this stressful thing? Any advice? Please let me know! God bless. :)

Filed: Timeline

I'm only waiting a month so far since I sent in my K-1 petition so I'm new in the process but I think of it like this...I plan on being with my future wife for 20, 30, or 40 years so in the whole scheme of things waiting a year or maybe two years to spend my life with my soul mate is just a drop in the bucket of life. That's how I feel about it...the end will justify the means.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Honestly it was stressful because I was more interested in the little details, my husband not so much. As it was MY status and MY life on the line if I wanted it changed/fixed then I did it. Even if it turned out I was wrong, or it took a little longer I slept a little better knowing it was as "perfect" as I could get it.

It WILL be all okay. If it makes you feel better regarding the pics: they don't actually put that photo on the EAD or GC, the one done at biometrics will fix that. If the measurements are off a little it SHOULD be okay because apparently they scan them now. If they're bad you'll just get an RFE, no biggie.

With the check.. sometimes they can be REALLY picky about it but hopefully it'll be okay. Again worst case scenario they'll send you an RFE and you'll fix it and resend it.

Again, it WILL be okay!

Timeline

Honestly it was stressful because I was more interested in the little details, my husband not so much. As it was MY status and MY life on the line if I wanted it changed/fixed then I did it. Even if it turned out I was wrong, or it took a little longer I slept a little better knowing it was as "perfect" as I could get it.

It WILL be all okay. If it makes you feel better regarding the pics: they don't actually put that photo on the EAD or GC, the one done at biometrics will fix that. If the measurements are off a little it SHOULD be okay because apparently they scan them now. If they're bad you'll just get an RFE, no biggie.

With the check.. sometimes they can be REALLY picky about it but hopefully it'll be okay. Again worst case scenario they'll send you an RFE and you'll fix it and resend it.

Again, it WILL be okay!

Thanks for your response Vanessa&Tony! Well I guess women are really like that. I am very much into details just wanna be sure that we won't be waiting again for a month and then it will just turn out that they'll be sending an RFE just what happened to us last month. Just because we made just one check payment for me and my son applying for AOS. I really hope this time things will work out right in God's grace. I know if something will go wrong in our resubmitted forms yesterday, he'll blame me again for I was "rushing" things to be submitted. I just want this AOS to be done coz I don't have peace of mind while it's still hanging. I don't feel freedom that US is supposed to uphold while I don't have our AOS done.

Is there a limit to the number of RFEs you can get during AOS application? Well, hopefully we only get one - no more RFEs coming.

To God be the glory!

Timeline

I'm only waiting a month so far since I sent in my K-1 petition so I'm new in the process but I think of it like this...I plan on being with my future wife for 20, 30, or 40 years so in the whole scheme of things waiting a year or maybe two years to spend my life with my soul mate is just a drop in the bucket of life. That's how I feel about it...the end will justify the means.

Hi, cardigans5! Congratulations you'll soon get your I-129F petition approved. I hope this early, you already have visualized how things should go soon your fiance gets to US. Plan it ahead of time especially the fees and all documents needed when applying AOS. Oh yeah, it's so lovely to be living your lifetime with your soul mate, your husband/wife but sometimes circumstances just go in between to test your marriage, your commitment to each other and one of which is this AOS thing.

Good luck on your journey. God bless :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

i feel you :/ i been stress out about this but we gettin close to the end of this visa thing. So we been little more happy :)

[*]june2009: met online

[*]july 28 2009: start dating

[*]october 09 2009: met in person

[*]oct 11 2009:he proposed :D i know crazy lol

[*]october 28 2009: deployment to iraq :(

[*]november 05 2010: visit to mexico for 20 days :D

[*]november 25 2010: last time i hold him :(

[*]january 18 2011: k-1 sent

[*]feb 09 2011:NOA1

[*]june 03 2011: NOA2 :D

[*]july 1st 2011: packet 3 yayy

[*]august 18 2011: interview! hoping for the best

[*]august 18 2011: APROVED :D

[*]sepyember 3 2011: POE

[*]september 6 2011: marriage yayy

jXxLm5.png

Timeline

i feel you :/ i been stress out about this but we gettin close to the end of this visa thing. So we been little more happy :)

I've been that situation waiting patiently for K1 visa to be approved. It has been a long wait and by the time you receive your Visa, you like to just fly immediately all the way to your fiancee's place and be with him. I do hope that within 90 days you've got your plans for the next Visa journey ready so won't be as frustrated as I am today.

Good luck and God bless you! Congratulations in advance. :)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I completely understand how stressful this is.and im on the exact situation.. When youre all stressed out worrying how to make the aos as smooth and problem-free as possible, but u dont see the same drive from your spouse.worse is, spouse doesnt wanna cooperate and doesnt understand that your future is at stake here..

Im listening.

Timeline

I completely understand how stressful this is.and im on the exact situation.. When youre all stressed out worrying how to make the aos as smooth and problem-free as possible, but u dont see the same drive from your spouse.worse is, spouse doesnt wanna cooperate and doesnt understand that your future is at stake here..

Im listening.

Oh yes I agree with you kapwa ko Pinoy! It's really crazy when you're the only one pushing to have all the requirements done, paying closely to every details hoping for a smooth shot, no RFEs yet just so frustrating that your other-half is not cooperating and just treating all these things just like a bug on the ear. They're not anxious about this because they're already legal residents in this place and it's not their status that is at stake, it's ours! I even looked for ways to help gather the funds to pay the application coz if I don't make a move, everything will just be forgotten. Lagi nasa huli ang pagsisisi my friend. But of course, if there's a will there's a way. kaya sariling sikap na lang tayo!

Where ka ba based ngayon kabayan?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think the K1 was more stressful. Not so much because of the actual petition, its more everything rolled into one. The petition, the forms, the fees, the long distance between the two of you, the normal ups and downs in all relationships. I really think the LDR makes or hightens stress levels.

The OAS, not so stressful.

But sitting on my butt day after day is starting to get boring. :whistle:

~~~ Hes the chance Im taking ~~~

April 2007 - Met online

Oct. 2008 - He came to Canada to meet me

Dec 25 2009 officially engaged

March 2010 - sent off I-129F

March 27 2010 - Vermont receives package :)

April 3 2010 - Informed through mail that cheque is cashed NOA1

May 28 2010 - RFE notification ( yeah Im online checking alot >.< )

June 5 2010 - RFE hardcopy received

June 18 2010 - RFE returned ( had done it June 7 - but USPS returned grrrr )

--- case says we should hear from them in 60 days from June 18 ---

June 23 - Touched

Aug4 - Email notification of NoA2 :)

Aug. 10 - NOA2 Hardcopy received

Sept. 13 - Faxed off Package 3

Sept 14 - Interview notification set for Oct. 5

Oct. 5 2010 Interview Passed

March 17 2011 POE Canadian/US border

April 1 2011 Marriage

Mailed AOS June 1

Chicago Lockbox confirms delivery June 3

Check cashed through bank - notification June 9

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yes it was stressful on us. But I'm the USC and the detail-oriented obsessive-compulsive one. My husband was all laid back about things, despite it being HIS status that was pending. Very annoying. And waiting 3 months after being transferred to CSC before we heard anything was really stressful. You will make it though, and this time will seem like nothing after it's over. It will all be ok!

Just FYI, please use English only in the main forums, so all can participate and understand. :thumbs: You can use your own language in the regional ones.

I'm the USC petitioner.

Timeline:

10/06/2005 Met in Ireland while I was on a study abroad

03/15/2010 K-1 NOA1

05/27/2010 K-1 NOA2

09/10/2010 K-1 Interview

09/22/2010 POE

10/01/2010 Wedding

10/27/2010 AOS/EAD/AP NOA1s

12/22/2010 EAD/AP Approved

04/05/2011 AOS Approved - no interview

04/09/2011 Green Card received

01/24/2013 ROC NOA1

06/28/2013 ROC Approved - no interview

07/05/2013 10-year Green Card received

08/19/2014 N-400 NOA

12/06/2014 N-400 Interview

01/09/2014 Naturalization ceremony

My husband is now a US Citizen! Our journey is over!

20r8m4.png

WdKPm5.png

8PEOm5.png

Timeline

For some reason the process does not cause any problems between my fiancee and me.

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

We had some of the stress/friction going up to the CR-1 interview for the same types of reasons. I'm a little more get it done and make sure it is right kind of person and my wife was more like "tell me what you need and don't bother me with the rest". There were times I thought she just wasn't that interested in whether she got a visa or not and even once worried that she might tank the interview so we would have to live in china then :huh:. As crunch time came she stepped up and everything worked out fine or us. It is definately a stressful situation and if one party seems disengaged it just makes it worse. Bright side is once you are through this, hopefully that gives you some conflict resolution skills for dealing with each other later :D

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

AOS was very stressful for me and hubby. I wanted to file right after marriage so wedding plans + Aos did put some strain. But once we sent it in and the ball started rolling then I finally relaxed and just enjoyed our new union :) now we are happy and just patiently waiting. He doesn't worry about it the way I do and I try not to think about it too much. This whole process can really drive you crazy!@

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh yes I agree with you kapwa ko Pinoy! It's really crazy when you're the only one pushing to have all the requirements done, paying closely to every details hoping for a smooth shot, no RFEs yet just so frustrating that your other-half is not cooperating and just treating all these things just like a bug on the ear. They're not anxious about this because they're already legal residents in this place and it's not their status that is at stake, it's ours! I even looked for ways to help gather the funds to pay the application coz if I don't make a move, everything will just be forgotten. Lagi nasa huli ang pagsisisi my friend. But of course, if there's a will there's a way. kaya sariling sikap na lang tayo!

Where ka ba based ngayon kabayan?

Maybe, I was lucky that my husband (US citizen) was the one who do all and most of the things even every little things.. I hope everything will go smoothly after your RFE. Ourr was. after we sent the RFE, everything went well smoothly. and today, i checked the USCIS website, EAD (I765) has been approved and we have our interview already for July. Thank God so much.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.